• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

Gohan... @__@

CLAbUcrWIAESNyy.jpg:large

linkent

3 same enemies (str, str, str)

My team and their turns
Goku-enemy1(str)-gohan-enemy2(str)-tien-enemy3(str)

Any1 know how to target enemy in this situation?
The auto-target always attack the enemies in order but sometimes i need to burst the enemy3 first to take lesser damage..

Oreoleo

3 same enemies (str, str, str)

My team and their turns
Goku-enemy1(str)-gohan-enemy2(str)-tien-enemy3(str)

Any1 know how to target enemy in this situation?
The auto-target always attack the enemies in order but sometimes i need to burst the enemy3 first to take lesser damage..
Unless I'm misunderstanding you, you can just tap the enemy portraits in the top left corner to change which enemy you're targeting.

FerranMG

http://imgur.com/UYU3DW6

There are good yellow and purple cards. I think there is a purple and yellow equivalent of each card available now with the exception of SSR's. Also, Gohan SSR is purple.

Pretty nice cards!

Initially yes, but there are ways to manipulate afterwards and you can always check who's next by touching the wheel on the bottom-right.

I didn't know you could actually SEE the cards that are coming next! But:

Is the order of your fighters in a battle random? This isn't the order I have them in from the team deck formation..

check this out for strategy:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/3eimfp/guide_manipulating_allied_character_order_in/

tariniel

Does Kaioshin drop from Z-hard awakening runs? My agi chars are hurtin for all these items lol.

Oh man, I'm not sure where to start on this.

First, 2 of your chars are pretty much ready for Z-awakening, so you might wanna get on that. If you don't have enough items then play some story and make plans to stop at each purple capsule when possible.

Did you skip the tutorials? I mean, they taught you how to defend with types stronger than what the opponent has. Also the color wheel is in the top right in battles. Your team isn't necessarily bad, for any first run through a mission...but if you lost against Raditz more than once then you'd know he's a TEC char (Green), so shouldn't you have stacked the two red ribbon soldiers together in training and used that? They give you 6 decks to work with so build one to beat Raditz, with a TEC/INT focus. Pretty sure you can find a guest character as your 7th who also has INT and you'd win easily. I spent stamina to confirm that you only have to fight Raditz so you could even get away with a deck of 6 INT chars.

The same principle pretty much applies to Tao, except there's a mandatory fight against random peons so you can't stack too many agi chars.

If in doubt, you can always just go to the main screen, hit the 5th option (Menu) and check Help. There's a whole "How to Play" section in case you need it.

Hey, thank you! I knew about the color wheel, but what I didn't realize was that my level 20 characters were effectively capped until I awakened them. I did that after farming normal tao for a few medals, and also put in 2 more AGL/blue types into my team (it hurts to replace Vegeta, he's my favorite character) and got them to 15-17ish farming Normal. Then I tried Hard, put in 2 healing items (only ended up using 1), and beat him! I also hadn't checked my friend summon in a while and summoned 50 characters and used all the N ones to train my other guys.

Even though I'm terrible, learning about the game and beating Tao without using a stone was really fun. It's actually the most fun I've had with the game so far. I'll kill him a few more times on hard today but I'm not hopeful that I'll get a drop.

Hey, thank you! I knew about the color wheel, but what I didn't realize was that my level 20 characters were effectively capped until I awakened them. I did that after farming normal tao for a few medals, and also put in 2 more AGL/blue types into my team (it hurts to replace Vegeta, he's my favorite character) and got them to 15-17ish farming Normal. Then I tried Hard, put in 2 healing items (only ended up using 1), and beat him! I also hadn't checked my friend summon in a while and summoned 50 characters and used all the N ones to train my other guys.

Even though I'm terrible, learning about the game and beating Tao without using a stone was really fun. It's actually the most fun I've had with the game so far. I'll kill him a few more times on hard today but I'm not hopeful that I'll get a drop.

Good stuff. I like Vegeta too, but he's gotta take a spot on the bench sometimes. I'd rather see the guy sit out than get creamed like he does in the series lol. Keep it up man.

SaberVulcan

Prolly asked before, but are Dragon Balls always in the same stages? I know I have seen them all, but am missing 3... no idea where they were, however <_<. Any advice?

The problem is you don't know what order they're attacking in if they're all the same enemy+type.
Before every round, look at the enemy cards on the top. If they're going to attack that round, they'll emit a ball of light that will drop to the timeline below. That's how you know which one will attack.

Arrrammis

So, are the summons from dragon stones and friend points the same? I've gotten two R's and one SR from dragon stones, but only N's from friend points.

Cruxist

So, are there confirmed limited time events with a greater chance to get SSR cards from pulls?

I'm asking because I just hit 50 dragon stones again, and I'd really like a chance at Gohan and Piccolo, but if I can get a higher chance for just one SSR, I'll take that.

Everyone should use a +3 Ki as their main. Its too useful to have your leader and guest at +3 Ki so everyone starts out at 6 and just dumping out easy Supers. I finally maxed out Tao's Super, but it was made harder by the fact that I would rarely get good guests. Also, I only had two good Agi characters.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Awe yeah. SR Frieza, Ginyu, and Guldo in one 10x pull. Just missing Recoome for the full Ginyu force team!
I get so many different types of Racoome pulls. Gotten R Racoome 4 times and SR once.

BTW nothing is more disheartening that doing a pull with SSJ Goku and the smoke clearing to reveal Yamcha.

What the hell is up with Tao. I must have beaten him on Hard 30 times but still nothing.

If you're capable of beating him on Z-Hard it seems like he guarantee drops either his card or a training location. He's tough though. He'll start out with a Dodon Ray or whatever its called and it'll do like 10-11k damage to a SSR Agi.

Hiltz

What would you recommend to use the dragons ball wish on? I've got my first wish ready to go, but not sure which one to choose:

- I want more allies
- I want a bunch of items
- I want a stronger team
- I want help in battle

By the way, this is my current team by the way:

Leader SR Goku (AGL) lvl 40
SR Krillian (TEQ) level 33
R Android 19 (STR) level 40 (two star awaken)
SR Dr. Gero (INT) level 40
R Android 17 (PHY) level 40 (I can use 1 awakening on him if necessary)
SR Android 18 (AGL) level 35

Cromat

If you're capable of beating him on Z-Hard it seems like he guarantee drops either his card or a training location. He's tough though. He'll start out with a Dodon Ray or whatever its called and it'll do like 10-11k damage to a SSR Agi.

Tried and died, don't have any SSRs.

Miletius

Are any of the Dragon Ball ps4 games any good? In addicted lol

Xenoverse is very good, if a bit grindy at times too. It's pretty much like this game except you battle instead of puzzle your way to victory. Storyline is more or less the same "Trunks in Time" type story.

I'm stuck on the Ginyu Force battle where you face all 4 of them on one map. Anybody have any tips for them? I try to bring a balanced team and can usually make it to the last guy before we run out of steam. Should I just use a Senzu? I don't want to if all the battles just get harder from here on out, wasting my limited resources.

Xenoverse is very good, if a bit grindy at times too. It's pretty much like this game except you battle instead of puzzle your way to victory. Storyline is more or less the same "Trunks in Time" type story.

I'm stuck on the Ginyu Force battle where you face all 4 of them on one map. Anybody have any tips for them? I try to bring a balanced team and can usually make it to the last guy before we run out of steam. Should I just use a Senzu? I don't want to if all the battles just get harder from here on out, wasting my limited resources.
Hmm I'll have to look into it, can't say the gameplay is exactly great in this one anyway, no micro transactions would help too.

Miletius

Hmm I'll have to look into it, can't say the gameplay is exactly great in this one anyway, no micro transactions would help too.

Yep, the story and setup is pretty much the same, except you move around and attack, fighting game style. It's a ton of fun, and has a nice "MMO like" setup where you team up with other people to take on missions.

There is DLC, but no microtransactions. I haven't finished it mainly because it got too grindy for me, but I think I'll be back eventually.

Oreoleo

What would you recommend to use the dragons ball wish on? I've got my first wish ready to go, but not sure which one to choose:

- I want more allies
- I want a bunch of items
- I want a stronger team
- I want help in battle
You'll eventually use them all anyway, so the order doesn't *really* matter a whole lot, but I got the stronger team early on because I didn't have enough team points to equip all my SR's at once.

There's really only one other battle that I think is as hard as the Ginyu Force, that's definitely an outlier. Just use the Senzu bean and get past it.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I understand why Red Goku is really good now; even at a type disadvantage, getting his Super still gives comparable damage to a neutral.

Miletius

There's really only one other battle that I think is as hard as the Ginyu Force, that's definitely an outlier. Just use the Senzu bean and get past it.

Thanks. I was wondering what was up, because I've been doing some of the earlier story stuff on Hard and not having as difficult a time as that one battle.

Varna

Just did the 50 Dragon Stone summon... Super Goku... best thing I got was SR #17... Dude has 1263 attack at level 18... most of my R guys are at the same level or better. :/

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I love my R->SR Cell Jr, but he is hitting 60 soon, so I guess I should follow up with a proper PHY now..SR Raditz or SR Dodoria?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Tried this out on a whim and my first two pulls were SSR Goku and SSR teen gohan :O

STR or AGL goku?
If you got STR Goku and Gohan then dayum. You are lucky.

(though SSR is not possible in the tutorial pull I assume you mean first 2 post tutorial pulls)

linkent

Before every round, look at the enemy cards on the top. If they're going to attack that round, they'll emit a ball of light that will drop to the timeline below. That's how you know which one will attack.
This actually works! But i am losing focus sometimes after a long session.. >.<

1sta/5min is nice, but really slow to spend all..
My phone are losing battery fast daily with this game + OPTC + Terra Battle ..

chrono01

Tried this out on a whim and my first two pulls were SSR Goku and SSR teen gohan :O
I spent two days re-rolling for my SSR. There are some that spent more than this. You received two of the best current SSR in the game within your first three pulls [including the tutorial one]. That's insane, congrats!

Also, I think I hate you. Just a little. :p

1sta/5min is nice, but really slow to spend all..
My phone are losing battery fast daily with this game + OPTC + Terra Battle ..
It's funny. With all of these gatcha games, I used to start the day burning through the stamina of each and then moving on. Now it takes me something like 30-45 minutes if I were to play through them all. It really adds up. -_-

Oh! I found turning the battle animation to 2x speed to help the battery life a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom