• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanently A

So apparently, according to someone on Reddit who plays the JPN version, TEQ Vegeta is one of the worst SSR in the entire game. It figures it's the only SSR I have. :/

My luck with gatcha games continue to be abysmal. I'm not re-rolling, since I could always get another SSR later on [who am I kidding], but still. Feels bad. :/

Hey, this guy wants to trade STR SSR Goku for TEQ Vegeta! Good luck!

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/3ep62r/trading_ssr_str_goku_for_ssr_teq_vegeta/

Kucan

I've been meaning to get started on this but sadly no matter what my Galaxy Note 4 refuses to get past the title screen and "Verification Failed". =/

Any suggestions? Google is being unusually useless.

chrono01

I appreciate the thought, but I've made too much progress on my account to essentially go backwards. He also made progress with his but not as much as I have, and I've grown somewhat attached to my account.

Well there's that and the whole security thing about it. I've read reports of people losing their accounts [the willing participant never followed through with their end of the bargain], but I don't mean to say that the exact same thing will happen here, but you never know.

Permanently A

I appreciate the thought, but I've made too much progress on my account to essentially go backwards. He also made progress with his but not as much as I have, and I've grown somewhat attached to my account.

Well there's that and the whole security thing about it. I've read reports of people losing their accounts [the willing participant never followed through with their end of the bargain], but I don't mean to say that the exact same thing will happen here, but you never know.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I know what you mean, my rolls were Roshi and R Guldo, I didn't even realize I could reroll for double SR at the very least, but that's that! Too attached to the progress I've made in this current account.

Uthred

It can be tough to fill out your ranks, leaving aside that you're going to be pulling mostly R, getting the right colours can also be tough. Is there a drop list floating around for units you can get in game or can you only get decent units from events?

Skii

Tao just doesn't want to drop for me. Going on run number 40 on hard and I want to stop but you know, sunk costs fallacy and all.

Woah, that's a lot. Got him to drop after 15 but I had also done around 50 runs on the Vegeta event with no luck at all. Good luck anyway. I'm sure he'll drop!

Tao just doesn't want to drop for me. Going on run number 40 on hard and I want to stop but you know, sunk costs fallacy and all.

Keep at it man, I know the feeling. I spent at least 3 full days worth of stamina getting nothing from Tao. Once I saw the battle card drop from the fight I was happier than a pig in shit.

Then the game decides to hand the card over 2 more times when I decide to do the mission as an opener to my day. I really don't understand it anymore.

Wazzy

Banned
If anyone wants a new piccolo account I've got one available. If no one wants it I'll play through them to see later rolls.
Happy Birthday!

And best of luck to you. I hope you're successful, you've put in quite a bit of work towards it.
Thanks!

I....just rolled Piccolo again. I can't.

Who wants a piccolo account? LOL

JJP12

Managed to beat Tao on Z-hard. I had to use 1 dragon stone to continue the fight but got it back after I won. I also used a lot of good support items so I probably won't battle him on Z-hard again. It was nice to not worry about rng for once in this game lol

chrono01

If anyone wants a new piccolo account I've got one available. If no one wants it I'll play through them to see later rolls.

Thanks!

Wow, Teen Gohan really doesn't want to join you, even on your birthday. Piccolo is available though!

...I'm so sorry. :/

lol that crazy luck. At this rate you could probably make a living selling your SSR rerolls on reddit to desperate people.

I used 10 stones and rolled R Videl and R Recoome. I'm not thrilled about either of those. =|

Wazzy

Banned
Wow, Teen Gohan really doesn't want to join you, even on your birthday. Piccolo is available though!

...I'm so sorry. :/
He doesn't want me. ; ;
lol that crazy luck. At this rate you could probably make a living selling your SSR rerolls on reddit to desperate people.

I used 10 stones and rolled R Videl and R Recoome. I'm not thrilled about either of those. =|
LOL yeah it's getting crazy that I've pulled Piccolo three times rerolling and Vegeta once. All I want is Gohannnnn.

But yeah Gaffers can have it first! Whoever really wants Piccolo can have a new account.

chrono01

New event starting on the 29th [lasts until August 9th]. Clear the stage and get a R Vegeta & Nappa, not a "chance". So it's similar to the Goku event.

Sounds good to me!

Go two Tao's as well, hoping for a third.

Been using Tao primarily to farm the weighted clothes training item so getting another Tao is always a plus. ^^

Now that it's daily awakening time, I can finally z-awaken all these mooks I have and feed them to my team.

Raxious

New event starting on the 29th [lasts until August 9th]. Clear the stage and get a R Vegeta & Nappa, not a "chance". So it's similar to the Goku event.

Sounds good to me!

Nice, was to late to grab SR Vegeta with this account, so i'll settle for an R :p

Skii

Glad there's an opportunity to get a guaranteed Vegeta. Will go great with my SR Nappa and SR Frieza.

I wish there was a way to buy the basic medals of bubbles/gregory/dr.gero. It's so stupid that I'm grinding the daily event for basic medals. I'm actually forfeiting all bronze and silver medals just so I can get some gregory medals :/

Haschmich

Neo Member
I wish there was a way to buy the basic medals of bubbles/gregory/dr.gero. It's so stupid that I'm grinding the daily event for basic medals. I'm actually forfeiting all bronze and silver medals just so I can get some gregory medals :/
Same. I still have enough friend points for 3 multi rolls but too much fodder that isn't awakened and i don't want to increase my storage.

Been playing this non-stop the past week or so and man, this is SO GOOD. Really fun to play, love the board game style they use for the levels. Really makes things interesting as you move along in the levels and as you unlock new paths when you get to higher difficulties. Love the combat during the fights. But damn does this game drain my battery fast. Will go from 100 to dead in about 2 hours.

The rolling is brutal. No doubt. I don't understand all the talk about re-rolling though. You get tons of stones while playing and get them pretty darn fast. Each stage gives you 1, and each difficulty gives you 1 and when you beat the final section of an act/stage it gives you 2. Then you get the daily bonus stones. I've probably rolled 15x or more since starting to play and i have only bought a 5 pack of stones twice, so like $7 so far spent.

Despite all those rolls though, only got 2 SR. SR Frieza and SR Master Roshi. The thing about rerolling also, you need multiple teams in this game of various different arrangements. I currently have a STR Ki team, a STR +ATK team, a TEQ team a AGL team a PSY team. I have nearly all the members of the Ginyu Force + Frieza. Just need Guldo! I just got Dodoria and Zarbon so I can put together a Frieza / Dodoria / Zarbon / Cui ( Qui? ) team as well to get those bonus's.

My favorite card right now is actually Burter. He is one powerful SOB somehow. Dunno how though, but he just trashes people for 8-10k most times.

Fantastic game though. Will be playing this one for a very long time. Can't wait to see where they go with it. I'm currently Rank 30, most of my cards are Z-Awakened. And my box is full of all the trash mobs of the series you can think of lol. Even got some dude I've never heard of before. Forget the name and don't have my phone though. Some big green monster dude. I think atm my best team is my STR team but my TEQ team can put up a lot of damage. I started doing +ATK leaders all the time but as time has progressed I am finding + Ki to be a much more potent choice. Being able to do supers a lot of times is a great thing. Also having a good mixture of types in your group seems to be a good idea to try and counter the enemies type. Its a battle of attrition it seems once you get into hard mode on most quest levels as you are fighting 3-4 battles prior to the boss along with more attack spots throughout the board. So negating as much damage as possible seems to be a good strategy. I change my team all the time, hardly ever use the same team over and over.

Anyway, rant over. Awesome game. Well done! 2 great DBZ games in the same year! AMAZING

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I thought you get crappy N characters of the daily type from fighting the smaller characters in the awakening medals challenge. Anyone know a good place I could get a bunch of AGL characters

We still don't have a 100% correct Information where the supreme and old Kai medals drop, right?

Sadly I don't think so. I want to get one by the time my SSR Teq Vegeta hits 80. Which is not any time soon.

SR Tao as lead with SSR STR Goku would be a beast combo. +3 ki for STR types and Goku requires 5 orbs to do 50% more damage.

Skii

To get SR Cyborg Tao, do I have to compete it on Z-Hard? I've done Hard no problem but I can't beat Z-Hard for shit

No. It will randomly drop on any difficulty. The only thing that changes is that your chance of one dropping scales with the difficulty.

Also how do you upgrade you super attack lvl?

Train the character you want with the same exact card, i.e. training STR Cyborg Tao with himself will net you super attack +1.

People have been farming the R Kid Gohan for example to get his super to lvl 10 since he's a guaranteed drop after every completion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom