• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkent

It's funny. With all of these gatcha games, I used to start the day burning through the stamina of each and then moving on. Now it takes me something like 30-45 minutes if I were to play through them all. It really adds up. -_-

Oh! I found turning the battle animation to 2x speed to help the battery life a bit.
The stamina cost is really low for the quests..
40/8*5min will really took out 25-30min for each session..
And then that 40stamina will be full again in 200min..
I will force myself to now think about too much on the wasted stamina, but really couldnt sometimes..
OPTC has made me used to those regen time..

Have been using Gem to revive in ZHard to get full Tao Special..
Will play like Korial and focus on getting high level unit and rank instead of pulling useless character..

chrono01

The stamina cost is really low for the quests..
40/8*5min will really took out 25-30min for each session..
And then that 40stamina will be full again in 200min..
I will force myself to now think about too much on the wasted stamina, but really couldnt sometimes..
OPTC has made me used to those regen time..

Have been using Gem to revive in ZHard to get full Tao Special..
Will play like Korial and focus on getting high level unit and rank instead of pulling useless character..
Haha, yeah. Sometimes the longer regen times are a bonus. I mean, you don't need to always make sure you're stamina is spent, but to not do otherwise feels like a waste. :/

Given the current rate of SR/SSR, it doesn't sound like a bad idea. Hopefully we'll be getting a rate-up event soon, although I'll probably save my stones for when more SSR are added. We'll see.

Durden77

I need to wait for a rate up event, but because SSR Piccolo and Gohan might be a limited time, I'm rolling whenever I get 5. Have scored a few SRs though.

Gonna be pissed when they're not limited

chrono01

I need to wait for a rate up event, but because SSR Piccolo and Gohan might be a limited time, I'm rolling whenever I get 5. Have scored a few SRs though.

Gonna be pissed when they're not limited
I can't see them being limited. I know there's a date listed in the announcement, but they're standard gatcha units in the Japanese version. I can't see them changing that here.

Zunja

The banner I'd just showing they are now in the pull a lot of these games do new unit banners.

I'm currently sitting on 68 shards waiting for some ssr buu or cell so who knows when I'll use them!

FerranMG

Man, this game can be slow at times.
Between the constant server pinging (I wish they'd figure out a way to make it less constant or quicker), and the in-game animations that trigger for everything, I can get frustrated sometimes.
Roll a dice -> animation -> move character -> animation -> open training capsule -> animation -> roll dice again -> animation -> start battle -> animation -> perform attack -> super long animation even at 2x speed. Argh.

Dandte

Quick Box update:

nZE5zxE.jpg

I had a pretty good Setup for Vegeta and Tao, but i will get Problems with the other sr event Types. Don't See myself farming These on Z-Hard. Also... Where does this ***** old kaio medal drop.
I'm currently sitting on 16 Multi friend pull summons, maybe i should try and get a sr unit using them.
So far i used 60 stones on rr and a few for stamina refill.

chrono01

Quick Box update:

I had a pretty good Setup for Vegeta and Tao, but i will get Problems with the other sr event Types. Don't See myself farming These on Z-Hard. Also... Where does this ***** old kaio medal drop.
I'm currently sitting on 16 Multi friend pull summons, maybe i should try and get a sr unit using them.
So far i used 60 stones on rr and a few for stamina refill.
Nice box!

But please, LOCK YOUR REMAINING SR/SSR units! Actually, your useful R too. I noticed only a few of them were locked, and that terrifies me haha.

The banner I'd just showing they are now in the pull a lot of these games do new unit banners.

I'm currently sitting on 68 shards waiting for some ssr buu or cell so who knows when I'll use them!

SSR Super Buu has an awesome passive. I totally want that card.

Why is that? I have the terrible green one.
His stats and passive is great.
At 50% you get 1 extra ki orb and +1000 attack. At max stats he has about 6600 attack, so basically he'll be mostly at 7600. That makes him better than SSR TEQ Vegeta. Which caps out at 6700 attack.

linkent

Cool, event complete, sucks that I can't use Vegeta much due to inferior rank.
Really nice event! Seeing those moment really remember back those younger days..

Somehow I got 2 Nappa, wonder if we can farm 10 of those 2 to max their special..
Missed SR Vegeta so this RVegeta will do..

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Really nice event! Seeing those moment really remember back those younger days..

Somehow I got 2 Nappa, wonder if we can farm 10 of those 2 to max their special..
Missed SR Vegeta so this RVegeta will do..
It reads as if we can only get 6 copies of each; redoing beaten stages doesn't reward another card, but doing the next difficulty will.

Was surprised to see an Extreme AGL Saibaman in the first stage on easy of the new event. Then I murked it way quick with Gohan. xD

Also, the game glitched out on me yesterday when rocked a Dokkan All Attack on Shen and Tao, which killed Tao...

Someone got a Senzu Bean just in time. :O

FerranMG

Oh shit, thought the event of Nappa and Vegeta would net me a Nappa yellow card, but instead it drops 2xNappa purple cards.

Anybody knows what's Vegeta's affinity for the event?

Dawg

Am I glad Nappa is INT. I've been stuck with outdated Shiatzu for days, not a single decent INT replacement.

Just leveled up Nappa to 40 and Z-awakened him... he's now an SR EXTREME INT beast with 3141 ATK and nearly 5000 HP :D

Am I glad Nappa is INT. I've been stuck with outdated Shiatzu for days, not a single decent INT replacement.

Just leveled up Nappa to 40 and Z-awakened him... he's now an SR EXTREME INT beast with 3141 ATK and nearly 5000 HP :D
Yeah same, kind of wish Vegeta was PHY but oh well I will take it.

Is there a summary somewhere of the colors and the types? I feel like I'm following the color wheel on the top-right, but I'm not doing nearly the damage I should or they're doing too much damage to me.

Red (Str) > Orange (Phy) > Purple (Int) > Green (Teq) > Blue (Agl) > Red (Str)

Yes, that's the same as the wheel. I was hoping I could get a summary, though, of what's special about the types or how the damage works. For instance, what happens if a Red attacks and Orange? or if a Purple attacks a Red?

Is there a summary somewhere of the colors and the types? I feel like I'm following the color wheel on the top-right, but I'm not doing nearly the damage I should or they're doing too much damage to me.
The wheel is correct, but remember Extreme/Super voids a weakness and makes you effective against a normal (also vise versa).
Damage is based on Ki and Blast as well. I wouldn't mind seeing the %'s either...

Yes, that's the same as the wheel. I was hoping I could get a summary, though, of what's special about the types or how the damage works. For instance, what happens if a Red attacks and Orange? or if a Purple attacks a Red?

Then it does normal damage. The elements that isn't strong or weak against the other does normal. Unless it's Z-awakened. Then it does a bit more.

Ha, I didn't know any of that! I feel like the game didn't explain it enough (granted it's already pretty text-heavy.)

Is there any benefit to being different types? Like, Str vs Agi?

Nice. I'm in the same boat when it comes to INT chars. At best I got myself an N Hercule lol.

I feel your pain. The only physical unit I have in my box is an awful Dodoria >_>

I got R Tien, he will be alright awakened I guess. I wish I had a SR non-awaken PHY and INT.

Please, those units are nothing compared to my Z-awakened PHY Red Ribbon Army soldier.

That's actually all I have for PHY...it's so sad. I'm actually kinda lacking in STR chars too, come to think of it.

Well if you look at the wheel

For example Red and you are attacking

you will do extra damage ( up arrow ) vs. the next color on the wheel. So orange
you will do minimal damage ( down arrow ) vs. the previous color on the wheel. So blue

But then you can negate the minimal damage vs. previous color if you Z-Awaken your red fighter and get the Extreme STR or whatever label. If the enemy character has no Z-Awaken label you will go from doing minimal damage to a blue enemy to doing even damage ( right arrow ). I believe Extreme STR vs. Extreme AGI ( blue ) is a down/right arrow showing not exactly miminal damage but still lower damage then normal.

Dawg

Nice. I'm in the same boat when it comes to INT chars. At best I got myself an N Hercule lol.

Please, those units are nothing compared to my Z-awakened PHY Red Ribbon Army soldier.

That's actually all I have for PHY...it's so sad. I'm actually kinda lacking in STR chars too, come to think of it.

I'm jealous of people with SSR PHY Piccolo.

Well if you look at the wheel

For example Red and you are attacking

you will do extra damage ( up arrow ) vs. the next color on the wheel. So orange
you will do minimal damage ( down arrow ) vs. the previous color on the wheel. So blue

But then you can negate the minimal damage vs. previous color if you Z-Awaken your red fighter and get the Extreme STR or whatever label. If the enemy character has no Z-Awaken label you will go from doing minimal damage to a blue enemy to doing even damage ( right arrow ). I believe Extreme STR vs. Extreme AGI ( blue ) is a down/right arrow showing not exactly miminal damage but still lower damage then normal.

Awesome, thanks.

So outside of Str = Red, there's nothing special about being "Str," correct? Like, no bonuses for Str vs Int?

Awesome, thanks.

So outside of Str = Red, there's nothing special about being "Str," correct? Like, no bonuses for Str vs Int?

I believe you do a little extra damage as a Z-Awakened fighter to anything non-Z Awakened but not certain about that. I've seen right/up arrows before, but never paid attention to the circumstance.

but yeah, in normal circumstances there is no benefit to say STR vs. INT

I believe you do a little extra damage as a Z-Awakened fighter to anything non-Z Awakened but not certain about that. I've seen right/up arrows before, but never paid attention to the circumstance.

Oh that's sweet.

What I'm getting at though, is what are the benefits of the different types (if there are any). Like, does Int get Ki easier or does Agi have more defense, etc. Or is it all just random based on rarity.

Basically There is Up, Down, and Right for regular damage. Up means you have the element advantage. Down means you have an element disadvantage. Right means normal damage.

But there is also Upward Diagonal which means you have a slight advantage due to Z awakening.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So is the Saiyan event like the Goku one where cards just drop once after going through a mission, or is out like the Gohan event where you could farm cards constantly?

So is the Saiyan event like the Goku one where cards just drop once after going through a mission, or is out like the Gohan event where you could farm cards constantly?
Gohan, I got two Nappas. I think the difference is "Chance" versus "Get" as another poster said.

Goku one, so you can only get Nappa and that Vegeta 6 times according to Reddit.
Guess they fixed Gohan from last time, ha ha.

linkent

It reads as if we can only get 6 copies of each; redoing beaten stages doesn't reward another card, but doing the next difficulty will.
Just saw the new notice update. Also confirm that after beating normal for 2nd time with no drop.

See Above post. ^.^

I'm jealous of people with SSR PHY Piccolo.

Me too. Though I'm glad one of them is in my friend list to help me round out my teams if I need it. Also that extra leader skill is nice.

Just saw this on Google play. How is it? I love DBZ so I'm considering getting it.

It's good. A bit grindy and extremely F2P in its methods but that's pretty much expected. But if you ever remember collecting DBZ shiny sticker cards then this will hit that note really well. With the bonus of using them for the game too.

It's good. A bit grindy and extremely F2P in its methods but that's pretty much expected. But if you ever remember collecting DBZ shiny sticker cards then this will hit that note really well. With the bonus of using them for the game too.

its free so no harm in trying it

but do yourself a favor and grab it, VERY good

looking forward to seeing how they build on it

Downloading as we speak, any tips before just randomly going in lol

Keep rerolling (resetting/deleting and reinstalling) for either a SSR STR Goku or SSR Gohan. Since you're starting off, you want to start off with a great card.

Keep rerolling (resetting/deleting and reinstalling) for either a SSR STR Goku or SSR Gohan. Since you're starting off, you want to start off with a great card.

This, but don't kill yourself going for those two SSRs in general (since better ones are coming anyways lol). Start off strong with at LEAST 2 SRs from the tutorial + your free roll afterwards (if you're going crazy from trying to reroll often, I know I almost did). But an SSR will save you from envying almost everyone else that has one, plus it puts you in a better position to play through the game. The drop rates seem pretty low as is, so you may want to get what could be your only SSR in while you can.

Depending on whether you're an android or ios player, the rerolling method is different. I think it's easier on android?

Also there's a GAF spreadsheet with some cool people in it for your friends list when you get that SSR.

people will say to keep rerolling but ...

i don't feel it is necessary. this game is more dependent upon team setups and having multiple teams. You also get TON of free stones to roll with and get them pretty darn fast. You get one for each stage of a level you beat, and then get 2 more for beating the last level of that stage ( act maybe ? ) ( so basically a roll per area you finish ). You get the stone for beating that same area on Hard/Z-Hard also. Then you get the daily free stones and get stones for beating the special missions that come out each day or each week the first time.

I've rolled about 17 times now within the week and only bought 5 stones twice for $3.99 each. So only 2 rolls out of 17 have been bought. So yeh, the rerolling stuff is overblown if you ask me and you can quickly burn yourself out by trying to do it too much. My brother did that with P&D and he got so pissed he just didn't play anymore lol. Out of my 17 rolls ive gotten 3 SR's. So yeh ...

jY91K8lmuK93f.PNG

All of these are from rolls. 2 are bought rolls. Only Gohan / Goku are event cards i got ( besides the bottom fodder of regular cards, saiybaman )

Yaari

I started with an SR First Form Frieza. Is that good?

I'm just going to go with it.

I posted 3 SR starter accounts a few pages back, I don't know if anyone claimed them. Worth a try perhaps.
(I unfortunately lost the other one when I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday. Bleh. That was a nice account with 3 STR SR's.)

SR Frieza STR
SR Vegeta TEQ
SR Ginyu INT

78wetpgsm3x7

Oreoleo

people will say to keep rerolling but ...

i don't feel it is necessary. this game is more dependent upon team setups and having multiple teams. You also get TON of free stones to roll with and get them pretty darn fast. You get one for each stage of a level you beat, and then get 2 more for beating the last level of that stage ( act maybe ? ) ( so basically a roll per area you finish ). You get the stone for beating that same area on Hard/Z-Hard also. Then you get the daily free stones and get stones for beating the special missions that come out each day or each week the first time.

I agree. The game isn't that hard and rerolling kinda seems like a waste of time given the drop rates. Enjoy the team you have and just play the game. It's fun.

Cromat

Rerolling is dull and kinda degrading but honestly it is hard to get stones in this game without paying after a point. I'm almost done beating the quest on Hard, and Z-Hard is still very difficult as it requires a team with one or more SSR characters.

In short, if you're dead set on getting the SSR characters, then rerolling might make sense.

Rerolling is dull and kinda degrading but honestly it is hard to get stones in this game without paying after a point. I'm almost done beating the quest on Hard, and Z-Hard is still very difficult as it requires a team with one or more SSR characters.

In short, if you're dead set on getting the SSR characters, then rerolling might make sense.

yeah but that doesn't come till WAY later. Rerolling your first roll really has little to do with it being harder to get stones once you have beaten everything available except for Z-Hard, which requires a very well put together and Z-Awakened team to be able to handle without using up all your healing support items and revive stones.

and that is about 75 stones into the process as well lol. So yeh, just telling the guy, if you feel like it reroll a few times, but don't make a hobby out of it ... unless you are just obsessed with starting out with the best card in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom