• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zunja

So is it good to just awaken characters or should you always wait till they are max lvl. My agi cell could really use the Stat boost and some others would get real good too.

aquavelva

Train the character you want with the same exact card, i.e. training STR Cyborg Tao with himself will net you super attack +1.

People have been farming the R Kid Gohan for example to get his super to lvl 10 since he's a guaranteed drop after every completion.

Does the character have to be the same level?

So is it good to just awaken characters or should you always wait till they are max lvl. My agi cell could really use the Stat boost and some others would get real good too.

the stat boost from awakenings isn't really high anyway. But if you want to awaken them, no real reason not to. It can mess you up though if you just star up one dude and then go, oh shit now im out of X items! when trying to Z-Awaken another character. I've done that before.

I'm now just gathering up tons of training / awakening materials and waiting it out. I can Z Awaken my SR Frieza / Roshi once they hit lv. 60 sometime next year

Zunja

the stat boost from awakenings isn't really high anyway. But if you want to awaken them, no real reason not to. It can mess you up though if you just star up one dude and then go, oh shit now im out of X items! when trying to Z-Awaken another character. I've done that before.

I'm now just gathering up tons of training / awakening materials and waiting it out. I can Z Awaken my SR Frieza / Roshi once they hit lv. 60 sometime next year

That's the problem I'm having. Even my ssr vegeta isnt up to snuff. It seems like I can't gain levels so I'm hoping awakening boost can help me through

That's the problem I'm having. Even my ssr vegeta isnt up to snuff. It seems like I can't gain levels so I'm hoping awakening boost can help me through

Where are you at in the game? Are you doing all hards on the quest missions? Finished the quests? Doing Z-Hard on the daily stuff?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
0xEXDBH.jpg

Z-Hard AGL events don't stand a chance against the mono super-TEQ team I threw together. Now to farm that elusive old Kai from z-hard.

I wonder why some say super TEQ and some say extreme TEQ.
EDIT: looks like it's the same. The tag just says super or extreme based on hero or villain.

Zunja

Where are you at in the game? Are you doing all hards on the quest missions? Finished the quests? Doing Z-Hard on the daily stuff?

Right now I'm stuck on Burter. My strongest guy is the 35 SSR TEQ Vegeta. Though I think part of my problem is the RNG in those orbs. I swear some games I go through 6 chars before I get more than a 2 orb combo.

You can train the guys to 20 pretty easy but after that it seems impossible. I read that you should awaken N chars and use them as fodder because it's more efficient in the long run so I'm trying that.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
What's the best way to get zenny without waiting for Saturday to play the Hercule event

Doing story quests or the events. Really just playing in general.

I haven't had to use the weekend zenny event and still have over 1m zenny. Then again I am only z awakening my R and SR units as doing a SSR seems like a waste until I can get one of the super rare tokens.

tariniel

Is there like a 'meta' game for this? I downloaded and play it maybe 10 minutes a day and just do whatever, I feel like I'm not doing some stuff I should be doing.

I'm also terrible, I'm rank 9 I think and on a few of the event final bosses (Radditz and Goku a few days ago) I've had to revive with a stone because I lost 5+ times in a row and got tired of trying. I also lost to Hercule the other day which feels bad. Every time I've done a daily for awakening things I lose and just forget about it because I don't want to spend stones to revive on literally everything, except story.

Also, is it just me or does some of the character art look really low res? I feel like I see jaggies everywhere.

Here is my team and available characters if someone wants to look, maybe my lineup is bad.

Edit: I get steamrolled on Hard Cyborg Tao event.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Damn how did you get 9 Taos?! Z-Hard?

Also, you can still Z-Awaken a character even after a regular awakening? Shit I should probably do that then. My SRs are leveling too slow and they need a boost.
Awaken at any time, Z-Awaken can occur anytime after

Dandte

Z-Hard AGL events don't stand a chance against the mono super-TEQ team I threw together. Now to farm that elusive old Kai from z-hard.

I wonder why some say super TEQ and some say extreme TEQ.
EDIT: looks like it's the same. The tag just says super or extreme based on hero or villain.
Good luck, i gave up after a run with 4 Gold medals and Gold drop from endboss.... At least i must never ever farm the Agl kaio again...

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Curious if all the art was made just for this game, some of it looks a little too familiar, though they could just be trying to mimic older stuff

Durden77

Awaken at any time, Z-Awaken can occur anytime after

Ahhhh very cool thanks.

Curious if all the art was made just for this game, some of it looks a little too familiar, though they could just be trying to mimic older stuff

I'm pretty sure there's a lot of borrowed stuff, but there does seem to be a lot of original stuff too. It's weird because like at first glance my SR Goku looks almost identical to this art..

cast.jpg

Dragon-Ball-Z-Dokkan-Battle-Goku-169x300.png

But they actually aren't. There's a lot of little differences. Maybe they're recreating old stuff?

Permanently A

Damn how did you get 9 Taos?! Z-Hard?

Also, you can still Z-Awaken a character even after a regular awakening? Shit I should probably do that then. My SRs are leveling too slow and they need a boost.

Nah I tried Z-Hard once and got rekt. All Taos farmed on Hard. You can give some medals now for an awakening and give the rest when the char is at max level for Z-awaken, there is no cost difference.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Nah I tried Z-Hard once and got rekt. All Taos farmed on Hard. You can give some medals now for an awakening and give the rest when the char is at max level for Z-awaken, there is no cost difference.

It's more expensive (zenny) to do them separately than to take the unit from normal to z-awaken in one swoop.

Durden77

I wonder if they'll ever dub in English? I doubt it, but that would be cool, and the game seems to be catching on over here. DBZ's one of the few animes that I prefer the English VAs.

Ducarmel

Is there like a 'meta' game for this? I downloaded and play it maybe 10 minutes a day and just do whatever, I feel like I'm not doing some stuff I should be doing.

I'm also terrible, I'm rank 9 I think and on a few of the event final bosses (Radditz and Goku a few days ago) I've had to revive with a stone because I lost 5+ times in a row and got tired of trying. I also lost to Hercule the other day which feels bad. Every time I've done a daily for awakening things I lose and just forget about it because I don't want to spend stones to revive on literally everything, except story.

Also, is it just me or does some of the character art look really low res? I feel like I see jaggies everywhere.

Here is my team and available characters if someone wants to look, maybe my lineup is bad.

Tao is a Str typ so he will destroy your PHY Vegeta if he attacks it.

STR types are weak to AGL so lead with Andriod 18 and stack your team with other AGL types use N cards from friend point if you have to. When picking a friend pick a friend that is AGL type with a good leader skill.

Play normal until you get your AGL team to around level 15-20 average and then you should be able to take it to hard maybe you might need to use a capsule, but you will always get one back for beating hard if you don't get the boss drop.

Varna

So is it worthy saving up to do the 10 Dragon Stone summons? I figured they would toss in an extra summon or something but it seems identical.

Does Kaioshin drop from Z-hard awakening runs? My agi chars are hurtin for all these items lol.

Oh man, I'm not sure where to start on this.

First, 2 of your chars are pretty much ready for Z-awakening, so you might wanna get on that. If you don't have enough items then play some story and make plans to stop at each purple capsule when possible.

Did you skip the tutorials? I mean, they taught you how to defend with types stronger than what the opponent has. Also the color wheel is in the top right in battles. Your team isn't necessarily bad, for any first run through a mission...but if you lost against Raditz more than once then you'd know he's a TEC char (Green), so shouldn't you have stacked the two red ribbon soldiers together in training and used that? They give you 6 decks to work with so build one to beat Raditz, with a TEC/INT focus. Pretty sure you can find a guest character as your 7th who also has INT and you'd win easily. I spent stamina to confirm that you only have to fight Raditz so you could even get away with a deck of 6 INT chars.

The same principle pretty much applies to Tao, except there's a mandatory fight against random peons so you can't stack too many agi chars.

If in doubt, you can always just go to the main screen, hit the 5th option (Menu) and check Help. There's a whole "How to Play" section in case you need it.

They drop from Gold capsules. These gold capsules have a rare chance to appear in hard, probably a better chance in Z-Hard. The medal needed to awaken an SSR drops with an extremely low chance from the Z-Hard boss.

Thanks. Guess Goku's gonna have to suck it up for another week or two before taking down that Z-hard boss (He's not even max lvl anyways, but I wanna get the farming over with). Unless he's not really that hard? The AGI Hard boss isn't all that bad but I haven't tried the Z-hard run yet.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Just incase people don't know, a full team of awakened SR will beat a full team of SSR in Z-hard due to how the weaknesses of awakened units work. It is suicide to attempt it without z-awakened units that are strong against said element.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
The boosted type only comes from max lvl z-awakening that raises the rank of the card. it will say Super (or Extreme) TEQ instead of TEQ.

Super (or Extreme) units are no longer weak any normal types. In Z-Hard all your enemies are Super (or Extreme)

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I z-awakened my R units (which made them SR) and it gets me through z-hard dailies.

Not sure if N (awakened to R) would work well.

Durden77

Funally got a SS Goku on the pull screen. Got SR PHY Nappa from it. Pretty good, I needed an SR PHY. Still no SSR yet. If I knew I would've like this game so much, I probably would've rerolled at the beginning.

Durden77

I have the weirdest luck with drawing the same characters. I'll pulled about 7-8 Android 18s, and 4 Nappas. I just got a SR PHY Nappa, and I just pulled again and got ANOTHER SR Nappa, only this one is TEC

FerranMG

Does everybody have the same lack of yellow/PHY and purple/INT characters as I do?
I have a full team of green/TEQ, a full team of red/STR, and three or four blue/AGI.
But just one not totally crap purple/INT char (Chaos), and yellow/PHY (Nappa).

Does the game have fewer characters for these types, or is it just my luck?

HawthorneKitty

Does everybody have the same lack of yellow/PHY and purple/INT characters as I do?
I have a full team of green/TEQ, a full team of red/STR, and three or four blue/AGI.

I got no purple, 1 yellow.

Dandte

Purple:

zawakened SR: Tao
zawakened R: Chiaotzu, Mr Satan

Orange:

SSR: Pico
SR: Recoome
R: Nr. 16, Nr, 17, Kid gohan

I agree, it seem like there aren't a lot of purple/orange chars.

I have no good purple/INT characters. A lot of yellow/PHY characters though.

thaOwner

http://imgur.com/UYU3DW6

There are good yellow and purple cards. I think there is a purple and yellow equivalent of each card available now with the exception of SSR's. Also, Gohan SSR is purple.

I got this baller ass INT team...

nZfiAEpl.jpg

>__>

But yeah, there are a decent number good R/SR INT cards out there.

I don't know about good, but I used Zarbon and Gohan for purple and yellow.

BrunoM

Got one purple one yellow

HawthorneKitty

Is the order of your fighters in a battle random? This isn't the order I have them in from the team deck formation..
Initially yes, but there are ways to manipulate afterwards and you can always check who's next by touching the wheel on the bottom-right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom