• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterMac

Sweet, thanks for all that info. I'm really enjoying it so far.

If you are just starting out you might wanna reroll for a god leader just to make the rest of your dokkan life easier. I've been rerolling and have a few spare Super Vegito transfer codes lying around if you want one.

YAY! Dragon Stone discount for tomorrow right before the Christmas Banner ends. Need stones desperately and don't have to pay full price for them.

Dokkaned my SSB AGL Goku who is SA 10 and replaced the AGL SSJ Gohan (broly).

Now to farm gems as I await Buuhan.

Edit: NVM LR Goku event is back so time for that instead.

Edit2: WTF I'm retarded. I can just nuke the 2nd fight with Chilled and farm that way. Can't do that for LR fight but 25 energy one goes down fast.

Ashodin

I powerleveled the shit out of myself for these events lol. Every time I did SS3 Vegeta it was a level or over half of one, was pretty crazy lol

Also can you help me setup a good skinnytenks group?

Ut9t9Df.png

linkent

I powerleveled the shit out of myself for these events lol. Every time I did SS3 Vegeta it was a level or over half of one, was pretty crazy lol

A team to kill Skinnytenks?
Definitely try Int Android 13 lead.
His damage reduction lead will reduce much of Skinnytenks damage.
TEQ Super strike are the easiest, as there are many INT Stunner which you are lacking >.<

Supreme Kai can provide +2 int for your team.

Find another Android 13 friend fill the rest with low cost INT.

Shouldnt be too hard.

So I finally have the team to fight LR Goku and I have a few questions about it.

What's the process to max him? I take it by default I need 20 of him from the first round? Max two and feed?

Why Chilled over KV? It seems as if KV would give me a significant ki boost?

Finally any tips for stage 3? I'm not expecting success on it yet as my team isn't fully maxed. 4 are at SSR due to lack of medals and two of them are only SA10 due to the same issue.

Meneses

So I finally have the team to fight LR Goku and I have a few questions about it.

What's the process to max him? I take it by default I need 20 of him from the first round? Max two and feed?

Why Chilled over KV? It seems as if KV would give me a significant ki boost?

Finally any tips for stage 3? I'm not expecting success on it yet as my team isn't fully maxed. 4 are at SSR due to lack of medals and two of them are only SA10 due to the same issue.

The process itself is similar to the Super Strike characters, but ideally you would have used the old TEQ SSR Gokus from the old Tournament Rewards to max the first round Goku's SA, because the drop rate is unbelievably low: only the first completion is a guaranteed drop. I mean, people are having a hard time getting a second one to drop, let alone 20. I think you can also feed him the SSJ Goku that you eventually get from the An Epic Showdown event but that is costly and time consuming since you have to train and dokkan him 2 times.

Chilled allows you to Nuke a little, so he's a popular choice. I haven't bothered much with the LR fight so I can't really offer much advice, others can help you there. I will probably say that having all characters Maxed / UR should be a priority.

The process itself is similar to the Super Strike characters, but ideally you would have used the old TEQ SSR Gokus from the old Tournament Rewards to max the first round Goku's SA, because the drop rate is unbelievably low: only the first completion is a guaranteed drop. I mean, people are having a hard time getting a second one to drop, let alone 20.

Chilled allows you to Nuke a little, so he's a popular choice. I haven't bothered much with the LR fight so I can't really offer much advice, others can help you there. I will probably say that having all characters Maxed / UR should be a priority.

Ah damn. Being a reroll I don't have any of those goku rewards so I guess I have some serious grinding to do there. Either that or find some other farmable SSJ.

But yeah I do need to finish maxing them. Didn't have time for two more sets of KV and Frieza medals last night plus need a few more elder kais so I'm probably just going to work on the stage 1 drops or stage 2 medals in the meantime.

Meneses

Ah damn. Being a reroll I don't have any of those goku rewards so I guess I have some serious grinding to do there. Either that or find some other farmable SSJ.

But yeah I do need to finish maxing them. Didn't have time for two more sets of KV and Frieza medals last night plus need a few more elder kais so I'm probably just going to work on the stage 1 drops or stage 2 medals in the meantime.

I'm not sure but I think any SSJ Goku (I believe only base SSJ works, not SSJ2) will be able to raise this one's SA, so at least you have a few options (includind the farmable Epic Showdown one).

You could also funnel all your Elder Kais into it but I don't know if that's the best use for them.

I'm not sure but I think any SSJ Goku (I believe only base SSJ works, not SSJ2) will be able to raise this one's SA, so at least you have a few options (includind the farmable Epic Showdown one).

You could also funnel all your Elder Kais into it but I don't know if that's the best use for them.

Yeah I was looking at the epic showdown one. Should work but it's going to be a medal sink. I think for now I'm gonna just use my stam to try for that second drop then just get the medals over time and see what opportunities to level up his SA show up. It's looking like epic showdown will be my best option though.

MiTYH

Ut9t9Df.png

My team for skinnytenks was supreme kai leader, gogeta friend, and many stunning INT units. You should be able to do the same, ish

Did a couple more singles yesterday and got dupe INT Vegito again, new AGL GT Goku, and another dupe Gogeta (not in a row of course). Show up already SV! XD

31164153254_b0b52cee7b.jpg

Also, it's been real nice not having to grind for LR Goku anymore. Just going to throw some spare Elder Kais into him to eventually get SA 20. Dude hits like a truck already, so no big rush as I need Godtenks to get super beefy via SA.

And if you guys are planning on spending monies on dat stone later on today, save yourself 15% of $50 iTunes digital codes here. Might as well save even more on the savings! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Get-a-50-iT...il-delivery-/282292910385?hash=item41b9f7f931

US only btw.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

Supreme Kai lead
SS Vegeta (non-awakened one) have him sit next to Gogeta for links
Tarble (non-awakened)
Baby (non-awakened)
Buu piccolo absorbed (non-awakened)
Kid trunks (non-awakened)

Gogeta friend with SA10

Do you not have any Rs / got rid of them? If so, you should consider keeping the ones with useful passives like 30% dmg reduction on guard. i.e. int Yamcha R

All the New Year Celebration Events btw with most starting at 10PM PST tonight:

EN_news_banner_plain_camp_20161231_LB.png

1. 2017 New Year Login Bonus Event! 2016/12/31 (Sat) 16:00 ~ 2017/1/15 (Sun) 15:59 PST
2. New Year Special Missions! 2016/12/31 (Sat) 22:30 ~ 2017/1/15 (Sun) 21:59 PST
3. Dragon Stones on Sale! 2016/12/31 (Sat) 22:30 ~ 2017/1/15 (Sun) 21:59 PST - 32 Dragon Stones: over 50% discount (1 time only) - 91 Dragon Stones: over 20% discount (3 times only)
4. Dokkan Festival! 2016/12/31 (Sat) 22:30 ~ 2017/1/15 (Sun) 21:59 PST
5. New Dokkan Event! "The Terrifying Transforming Majin"! 2016/12/31 (Sat) 22:30 ~ 2017/1/15 (Sun) 21:59 PST
6. Dokkan Events Reopen! 2016/12/31 (Sat) 22:30 ~ 2017/1/15 (Sun) 21:59 PST - "A Fiend Possessed" - "Ultimate Awakened Power "
7. New Summon Event! 2017/1/4 (Wed) 22:30 ~ 2017/1/19 (Thu) 21:59 PST
8. New Story Event! 2017/1/4 (Wed) 22:30 ~ 2017/1/19 (Thu) 21:59 PST
9. "Hercule's World Tournament" Available Every Day! 2016/12/31 (Sat) 22:30 ~ 2017/1/15 (Sun) 21:59 PST
10. New SSR Characters Available at Baba's Shop! Starting from 2016/12/31 (Sat) 22:00 PST

Durden77

Well I guess there's no point in me finishing the Roshi Christmas mission today because that would put me at 4 coins. Managed to get the 2 Santa Roshis and 8 SSB Gokus. Pissed I'm 1 short from him having a SA 10 lol.

Edit : Wait it says the Christmas characters in the shop are available for 5 more days. Do the missions go that much longer too or do they end tonight?

Back from vacation, did you all miss me ;)? Due to limited wifi and no data due to being in another country I could hardly play, but still got on for daily login. I did finish SSJ3 Vegeta enough times for my Vegeta and LR androids. Also I need 80 more Xmas coins to finish getting all the Goku's( unlikely) and 7k fruits for the second elder kai. I hate the new 3 tier banner. I got absolute trash two rounds in a row >=[<.

Anyways ideal team for LR Goku? Finally got time for him.

Back from vacation, did you all miss me ;)? Due to limited wifi and no data due to being in another country I could hardly play, but still got on for daily login. I did finish SSJ3 Vegeta enough times for my Vegeta and LR androids. Also I need 80 more Xmas coins to finish getting all the Goku's( unlikely) and 7k fruits for the second elder kai. I hate the new 3 tier banner. I got absolute trash two rounds in a row >=[<.

Anyways ideal team for LR Goku? Finally got time for him.
I use:

INT Chilled Lead
INT King Vegeta
INT Android 16
PHY King Cold
PHY Frieza
STR Cyborg Tao
Friend INT Chilled or INT King Vegeta

I take Senzu, Dende, and PHY and INT Puars. You shouldn't have much trouble with the first two phases. It's ok to use one healing item if you get unlucky. For the third phase, focus on taking out as many green and blue orbs. When Chilled comes out, use your two Puars to get as many purple orbs as possible. With a mostly purple board and if you're able to time it with a Dokkan, you can take out Goku pretty easily.

Ashodin

Supreme Kai lead
SS Vegeta (non-awakened one) have him sit next to Gogeta for links
Tarble (non-awakened)
Baby (non-awakened)
Buu piccolo absorbed (non-awakened)
Kid trunks (non-awakened)

Gogeta friend with SA10

Do you not have any Rs / got rid of them? If so, you should consider keeping the ones with useful passives like 30% dmg reduction on guard. i.e. int Yamcha R

Thanks, will do! Yeah I normally trash Rs, interesting how they get useful. I'll be on the lookout.

I use:

INT Chilled Lead
INT King Vegeta
INT Android 16
PHY King Cold
PHY Frieza
STR Cyborg Tao

I take Senzu, Dende, and PHY and INT Puars. You shouldn't have much trouble with the first two phases. It's ok to use one healing item if you get unlucky. For the third phase, focus on taking out as many green and blue orbs. When Chilled comes out, use your two Puars to get as many purple orbs as possible. With a mostly purple board and if you're able to time it with a Dokkan, you can take out Goku pretty easily.

Oki, thanks! I'll have to wait for Tao to come back I guess...he should be easy to destroy though.

Oki, thanks! I'll have to wait for Tao to come back I guess...he should be easy to destroy though.
Honestly you could probably use any other Strike character in his place. He's only really there for the stun, but in my experience, he barely ever Supers and his stun chance is low anyway. Your main priority is setting up for Chilled so don't be alarmed if you're not throwing out as many Supers with all characters as you would with King Vegeta lead, the more popular choice.

I use:

INT Chilled Lead
INT King Vegeta
INT Android 16
PHY King Cold
PHY Frieza
STR Cyborg Tao

Replace Cyber Tao with Fattenks for optimal team.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I don't recommend using the nuke method at all. I tried it out and it was ok at first but sometimes you'll just get into shit spots where you'd need to Ghost or Yemma and you can't.

I'm really liking taking an Android 16 friend to go with Chilled lead. Gives a bit of extra DEF to the INT units for blocking, plus another A16 himself. Plus the one Chilled still gets the same +30% ATK as if bringing a Chilled friend.

Arrrammis

I don't recommend using the nuke method at all. I tried it out and it was ok at first but sometimes you'll just get into shit spots where you'd need to Ghost or Yemma and you can't.

It works really well for the old events (STR Broly, SSj3 Goku, Perfect Cell), but after that you fight a series of bosses which make it really difficult to make it to the final phase if you're running with items and a team set up solely to nuke.

I'm really liking taking an Android 16 friend to go with Chilled lead. Gives a bit of extra DEF to the INT units for blocking, plus another A16 himself. Plus the one Chilled still gets the same +30% ATK as if bringing a Chilled friend.

Yup. Better to get the extra health Fattenks provides with the Chilled lead.

Honestly you could probably use any other Strike character in his place. He's only really there for the stun, but in my experience, he barely ever Supers and his stun chance is low anyway. Your main priority is setting up for Chilled so don't be alarmed if you're not throwing out as many Supers with all characters as you would with King Vegeta lead, the more popular choice.

Replace Cyber Tao with Fattenks for optimal team.

Love the advice.

So optimal team is:
Lead: Chilled
KV
A16
Frieza
KC
Fatty
Friend: A16/Chilled

Wow, the LR goku event is so much more of a pain due to users making really stupid decisions. Who the hell rocks a KV lead fully awakened with 3 SA?!

Are you sure you're not looking at the three random characters the game provides? I really hope someone isn't that stupid.

edit: Why no Jackie btw? he seals supers which is pretty nifty.

Chilled as a lead even with KV is better due to the extra health and damage modifier for both the INT and PHY units. Makes a huge difference in survivability over KV x 2 leads.

Then to take advantage of your links on the rotations, mine were the following:
16 / Mecha Frieza / Floater
Chilled / King Cold / Floater

MisterMac

Darkest Timeline is when you start the SSBKK fight and land on a Ki Powerup that gives your friend Godtenks +5 Ki which combined with your God Leads starts him at +11 Ki meaning you only get to use his shitty 12 ki super and thus lose the fight catastrophically.

I'd never play Mono green, managing Godtenks supers is so annoying. Give me Super Vegito where all I have to do is make sure Murasaki supers anyday

Darkest Timeline is when you start the SSBKK fight and land on a Ki Powerup that gives your friend Godtenks +5 Ki which combined with your God Leads starts him at +11 Ki meaning you only get to use his shitty 12 ki super and thus lose the fight catastrophically.

I'd never play Mono green, managing Godtenks supers is so annoying. Give me Super Vegito where all I have to do is make sure Murasaki supers anyday
I actually like his Ki mechanic, although getting the shaft in a Dokkan stage must be annoying. I just think it's interesting to manage Ki rather than just maxing it out. Most teams will have the links, skills, and passives needed to Super, so I feel like a lot of events are brain dead when it's so easy to Super.

Anyway, as far as LR Goku goes, I forgot about Fatenks, I'll definitely replace Cyborg Tao. I'm still a strong advocate of double Chilled + 2 Ki changing items though, haha. I've never had any problems due to the increased health Chilled gives, and I get to save my Yenma and Ghost Ushers. With double King Vegeta I often exhausted all of my items. With double Chilled, I usually have a Dende to spare (but saving Yenma and Ghost Usher is the bigger advantage of course; just highlighting how easy I find the event with double Chilled).

I think every run of LR Goku should give 20 medals. Or at least 15. Did 4 runs this week and only have 25 medals or so to show for it.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Chilled as a lead even with KV is better due to the extra health and damage modifier for both the INT and PHY units. Makes a huge difference in survivability over KV x 2 leads.

Then to take advantage of your links on the rotations, mine were the following:
16 / Mecha Frieza / Floater
Chilled / King Cold / Floater

I did do that, but rng fucked me over on bad attack patterns and constant supers. With double KV I might use more items but I'd rather use the items than waste stamina dying.

MisterMac

I actually like his Ki mechanic, although getting the shaft in a Dokkan stage must be annoying. I just think it's interesting to manage Ki rather than just maxing it out. Most teams will have the links, skills, and passives needed to Super, so I feel like a lot of events are brain dead when it's so easy to Super.

Anyway, as far as LR Goku goes, I forgot about Fatenks, I'll definitely replace Cyborg Tao. I'm still a strong advocate of double Chilled + 2 Ki changing items though, haha. I've never had any problems due to the increased health Chilled gives, and I get to save my Yenma and Ghost Ushers. With double King Vegeta I often exhausted all of my items. With double Chilled, I usually have a Dende to spare (but saving Yenma and Ghost Usher is the bigger advantage of course; just highlighting how easy I find the event with double Chilled).

I think every run of LR Goku should give 20 medals. Or at least 15. Did 4 runs this week and only have 25 medals or so to show for it.

I wouldn't mind him as part of a rainbow team but having two of him on a team to deal with in mono green doesn't sound fun to me at least.

You know you can close the app before the ki giving pop-up disappears and you'll be back to where you were before you moved, can land on it again, and it can give it to another character. Sometimes RNG is stubborn and gives it to the same character though.

MisterMac

You know you can close the app before the ki giving pop-up disappears and you'll be back to where you were before you moved, can land on it again, and it can give it to another character. Sometimes RNG is stubborn and gives it to the same character though.

I did know that trick but it didn't occur to me what was about to happen. No big deal, I killed him twice this morning already. One more and I'll have enough to dokkan my TEQ SSJB Goku

I wouldn't mind him as part of a rainbow team but having two of him on a team to deal with in mono green doesn't sound fun to me at least.

Nah man, it's great because at the very least he fires off an immense super at 9 ki. So good getting off the 11 ki super after getting Vegito his for that extra 25% ATK. With LR Goku as well on my team, it's just dumb damage all around. :D

BTW, Happy New Year everyone! May RNGesus bring you blessings in 2017!

dbsuper.jpg

Are you sure you're not looking at the three random characters the game provides? I really hope someone isn't that stupid.

...I really wish that were the case. I can't believe some players wasted the medals on that. It only takes a couple or three stam bars even with the ones who don't drop very reliably. Oh and I just don't have Jackie. I'll probably get around to getting him at some point though.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Thanks, will do! Yeah I normally trash Rs, interesting how they get useful. I'll be on the lookout.

Yeah, some are really handy. Int Bulma's super has a 50% chance to stun and Murasaki is the only AGL unit currently whose super seals. Just read their description before trashing and you should be good.

They were being tricky and left out stone sales till after the Christmas Banner ended. So I bought the stones.

Got like 3 AGL Dupe Gotenks but I got both SSJ Gotenks. Didn't get Godtenks sadly but meh what can you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom