• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Just avoid TEQ units since he has no AGL form. I'll fight him with Mono AGL first to get a feel for how the fight goes and then crush him with a regular team.

AU CONTRAIRE

KnqGASC.jpg

Meneses

Is the Power Bestowed by God link bugged or something?

It doesn't seem to trigger for me and Buu always recovers 400k health.

(I wanted to avoid using Ushers).

edit: nevermind, i'm dumb, that link only activates if you Super.

Durden77

Dammit of course I hold onto Evil Buu forever (SR PHY), and devide to get rid of him like a week ago. Would have been useful for this Gohan event.

Any tips for it? Only characters I have on the list it shows is PHY Fat Buu and Buutenks non-dokkaned.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yup the free SSR are nice to have for beginner.
IMO, clear out those Gohan stages and GT event.
Farm GT event stage 7 for the 2 elder kai.

do the mission for those events.
Those events rarely return.

The farmable STR Buuhan is not really good.
He is more for increasing INT Buuhan SA.
Always nice to have more UR for collection

Once you are done with that, you can get the strike character to SA10. Then start super strike.
Super strike is where you will need to build a team with cost below 100 including friend captain.
Those character has special super attack when max at SA15
So you will need to get SA10 > dokkan with 7 medals.
SA5 > dokkan with 7 medals
Combine them both to SA15
Priotise INT>PHY>TEQ=STR>AGL
They are required to battle LR Goku.
Since he is TEQ type, we will bring All 3 INT for him (KingVegeta, Android16,Chilled)

Have you Dokkan your SV/Gogeta?

Do Story when it is 2x/3x exp.
Do try to reach rank 210 where we have 120stamina!
And of course higher team cost.

Thanks bro - this helps a lot. I thought the 2/3x exp thing was a one-time deal for Christmas - if this happens more often ill just wait for those events and do Story Missions then.

I havent Dokkan any of my units, still on the first evo stage. Should that be my priority ? Havent farmed Awakening medals yet - because i thought the higher costs would be a drawback for teambuilding at my Rank.

Ill try to clear the Gohan stages and GT event first and report back. Maybe things will be more clear for me after that...

linkent

Thanks bro - this helps a lot. I thought the 2/3x exp thing was a one-time deal for Christmas - if this happens more often ill just wait for those events and do Story Missions then.

I havent Dokkan any of my units, still on the first evo stage. Should that be my priority ? Havent farmed Awakening medals yet - because i thought the higher costs would be a drawback for teambuilding at my Rank.

Ill try to clear the Gohan stages and GT event first and report back. Maybe things will be more clear for me after that...

definitely try to get Gogeta Dokkaned.
Shouldnt be too hard with SV lead + another Dokkaned SV.
filled the rest with awakened AGI unit (Awakened unit do more damage/take less damage then non awakened)
you can also put your Gogeta in it for extra damage. just let him be slot 1/2 pair with SV.

SV dokkan event is abit harder.

Don't have enough stones for a multi, but I have Janemba, 2 Gohans and 2 Buus to dokkan so I have plenty to do. I wish PHY Evil Buu got a dokkan in this event, but I'll take STR Gotenks Buu and INT Piccolo Buu.

MiTYH

I'm in such a weird place. I want the medals to awaken my PHY Gohan, but I literally only have free Buu units or some SRs.

And to do better in the Buu event, I need better Gohan units. Although I see SV listed, so I may try to make a team of him and AGL units or some mix. We'll see, need to team build

EDIT: AGL mono team worked really really well. Double SV, some hard hitters, and my PHY Gohan for the link with SV to stop region once. Just beat it easily. This'll be fun

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
definitely try to get Gogeta Dokkaned.
Shouldnt be too hard with SV lead + another Dokkaned SV.
filled the rest with awakened AGI unit (Awakened unit do more damage/take less damage then non awakened)
you can also put your Gogeta in it for extra damage. just let him be slot 1/2 pair with SV.

SV dokkan event is abit harder.

Alright thanks - i get it now. I will Z-Awaken my Gogeta with Awakenings Medals. Level him 100 and Dokkan him with Dokkan Medals i get from the Gogeta Dokkan Event.

Is their some type of schedule to when Gogeta Dokkan Event will be back ? I think i just missed it.

Will do the DBGT/Gohan Event stuff for now.

linkent

Alright thanks - i get it now. I will Z-Awaken my Gogeta with Awakenings Medals. Level him 100 and Dokkan him with Dokkan Medals i get from the Gogeta Dokkan Event.

Is their some type of schedule to when Gogeta Dokkan Event will be back ? I think i just missed it.

Will do the DBGT/Gohan Event stuff for now.
Once you Dokkan Awaken, you will start with levle 1 again :p
Luckily no need to Awaken him anymore. Just level 1-120.

No fixed schedule on those dokkan event.
Possible it will come during Omega Shenron(STR god lead)
His banner in Japan feature Gogeta, but will possibly be change in GL.

Definitely get those 2 Kai from GT event.

Anyone farming Buuhan? Those drop rate omg.
14 run still 0 drop.

What team are ppl using for buuhan?

And for gems what's better Supreme Kai, Angel Goku or new Goku?
PHY mono
Double Broly lead
Stunner SSJ Goku
Gotenks
SSJ Bardock
Ult. Gohan
FP Frieza

Barely survived mono AGL team
SSBKK/Friend SV lead
Ult. Gohan
Whis
KK Goku
Golden Freezy
Beerus

mega Shenron(STR god lead)
His banner in Japan feature Gogeta, but will possibly be change in GL.

Definitely get those 2 Kai from GT event.

Anyone farming Buuhan? Those drop rate omg.
14 run still 0 drop.
1/2. I read on Reddit it's shit.

Meneses

I'm having a super easy time with (almost) mono AGL, but double SV seems essential in this strategy. You need a bit of luck to get Buu's first phase to attack just one spot to keep the damage down while SV counters. You do need some more hard hitters, though, so if you 're lacking firepower this may not be as viable.

Item usage varies but is generally pretty low, just a couple heals and a Yemma usually. I actually just finished this last run with 3 charges left in Buu's second phase (STR). I only used one King Yemma to reduce damage and 1 Senzu to play it safe (in the end I would have been fine without it).

My team:

SV + SV friend
Ult Gohan and TEQ Vegito for the link to counter his regen passive (wasn't needed in two of my runs, I killed him before he used it).
Old SSG Goku (max SA)
SS3 Goku
Murasaki.

The first phase is mainly for defense, so just let Murasaki get all the ki and let Super Vegito go to town with counters.

Crushed Buuhan with Mono AGL. He didn't make it out of Buutenks form lol.

It helped that a lot of his attacks were concentrated so SV could just block a lot of it in Buuhan form. Man does the super hurt though.

Ended up using only 3 items and 1 item was the boost for AGL damage which I use regardless. No Ushers and only 1 damage reduction with senzu being needed 2 times to finish the kill.

Also damn @ A Pretty Panda, that takes some guts. I guess you stunned and prayed for Pikkon. Probably helped to skip Buuhan's turn with Usher too. If you were lucky Whis stunned lol. I got lucky with AGL Ulti Gohan stunning for a turn.

Wazzy

Banned
Working on Dokkan awakening my AGL and PHY Gohans.

So far it's looking like my AGL and STR teams are the best while my PHY and INT are getting there(I have Broly for PHY) if I pull Buuhan. TEQ has decent units but no godtenks.

Just did the Buuhan event with a mono TEQ team as well since there were no Brolys, but forgot to switch LR Goku with Ult. Gohan. XD Wasn't too bad though thankfully. Whis/Pikkon combo is the best.

Skii

Well I did another multi because I can justify that I'll eventually get those 50 stones back from log in by Rose/Blue Vegito. I got TEQ Kid Buu and PHY Ultimate Gohan. Not bad. They aren't units that'll feature in the mono teams but they're pretty good fillers until I get the optimal units.

I think I'll grind stones up to 250 and do 1 more multi. 10% SSR rate with 3 of the best INT units is too good to pass up.

nowarning

I pulled Buutenks and INT Gohan on my second multi so left it at that. I need to do the Gohan dokkan event 30 times now, then I'll get started on Buu.

denebj

Neo Member
Huuuum grinded LR Goku quite a bit, at 600! Almost there!!!

I was able to pull quite a bit of SSR, pretty much 1 SSR per multi!! Took me 11 multi to get Buuhan though.
Got Ult Gohan INT, ape fasha and TEQ buff BUU! The rest were dupes. I wanted janemba but I needed to stop lol

I dokkanned the 2 SR BUU and the TEQ one. I am grinding Buuhan SA. 6 tries, 3 success so far!

The fight is easy with top AGL team - Obviously lol
SV, SSJ3 Goku, Golden Frieza, SSB and SSBKK and Ult Gohan.
He dies at the end of the STR phase.
I will need an other 77 for the Android :)

I am still looking for that Gotenk, hopefully in the next banner with frieza!!

Hope you guys pull him! I love the art!

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Super Vegito makes everything better.

On my AGL team I swapped out AGL Frieza for that fused PHY Supreme Kai...just to get that Buucolo portion of the fight over with faster. Only takes two senzus to beat, much easier than the Kaioken fight.

Someone already has a SA 10 Buuhan fully awakened, I mean damn lol.

Took it out for a spin, pretty fun even if Buuhan's links don't work too well with what I have INTwise.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Said I would do one single - got a R. Said I would do singles until I got at least an SR...pulled another R. Then super saiyan, rainbow text...bam, I get SR Tien. Angry at the rainbow text tease I pulled again - rainbow text, SS3...

clDVq04.jpg

In retrospect, not sure why I pulled. My INT units are all awful haha

SnakeEyes

Banned
Don't worry about the Buuhan fight, it's easy with a SV team.

Even if you can't kill him before the end of the Buutenks stage, just survive the Buccolo stage afterwards (where he regens health), and then the PHY Super Buu that happens afterwards is weak as fuck. He regened from half a bar back up to 3.5 bars, and after the first round of PHY Super Buu he was back to half a bar left :D

Items I'm using: Senzu, Icarus, Baba, and Bulma.

Had enough medals for a future Buuhan so I pulled a multi...

32036189365_c0ef6fa45e.jpg

Guess eventual buff Buu will have to do for now (plus dupe Janemba and new GT Trunks)!

EDIT: And soooo glad the other Buus only take 21 medals to dokkan as well. Was expecting the usual 35.

Had enough medals for a future Buuhan so I pulled a multi...

32036189365_c0ef6fa45e.jpg

Guess eventual buff Buu will have to do for now (plus dupe Janemba and new GT Trunks)!

EDIT: And soooo glad the other Buus only take 21 medals to dokkan as well. Was expecting the usual 35.

I need that TEQ Buu to finish my Majin Buu team. I hope I pull him if not Buuhan.

Durden77

At 67 stones, I'm so tempted to pull. But I'm gonna try my best to save for Vegito Blue/SSJR Black banner. Also gonna try my best not to buy theae sale stones.

Wazzy

Banned
Decided to pull and thought it was going to be awful but last unit was Buuhan! I guess I'll have to do the Dokkan event now lol

Hopefully double SV makes the event simple enough. I'll start it after I finish Gohan Dokkan.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Who started the notion that SV can't beat things super easy?
SV makes EVERYTHING he can participate in EASY.
If you lose with him, consider yourself a scrub.

So, how long until we get that ticket summon event where you get 1 ticket for every 50 stones you spent?

We have to wait till after Omega Shenron so thats at least 2 months away or so. That reminds me that I need to get Brapan fusion for that amazing passive. +3ki for all when hp above 30% is really good for Mono AGL.

32038094635_16953c64c8.jpg

Awww yeah, look at this dope Buu team with the Buuhan I just got... >__>

That could be my literal team minus TEQ BuffBuu for PHY Fat Buu. I have all the TEQ Super Buus lol.

My ideal Buu team would be

AGL Kid Buu lead
INT Buuhan
STR Buutenks
TEQ BuffBuu
PHY FatBuu/Super Buu WT Edition
STR Evil Buu

Get one of each type and form of Buu. :)

Also why the hell isn't there a AOE Super Buu with Exterminate All Humans attack?

Please make him AGL and give AGL an AOE Bamco. INT needs one too now that I think about it lol.

Wazzy

Banned
Who started the notion that SV can't beat things super easy?
SV makes EVERYTHING he can participate in EASY.
If you lose with him, consider yourself a scrub.
Is this in regards to my post? Because I only meant it length wise and not challenge.

I've had three big Dokkan events lately and I prefer them when they're shorter.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Is this in regards to my post? Because I only meant it length wise and not challenge.

I've had three big Dokkan events lately and I prefer them when they're shorter.
Nah, there were a multitude of posts earlier that were like SV, so easy on a number of other events and it's like no shit Sherlock.

You do have to be careful for some events like Gotenks and other TUR Super Events.

Even SV can't save you vs the stupid hard PHY Broly fight cause of that dumb link.

WTF 4 full bars 28 run 0 drop...
with 50% chance to level up skill.

God that sounds terrible. Especially if you don't get Buuhan and settle for the farmable version just to keep. I'm killing Buuhan to awaken my INT Buucolo but that doesn't sound like a lot of fun,

You kids have it easy these days. Back in my days, we had to deal with bad drop rate, awakening the SRs to ssr and then deal with 50% chance.
*yells at cloud*

Need some help clearing out my box. Some of these units I'm not sure if they're worth uping the SA of, or if I should just sell the dupes to baba, so help if you can in that regard too <3

edit: just noticed A16 isn't locked. I'm obv keeping him, I got him again for Strike events since his DAed cost is a buttload.

linkent

You kids have it easy these days. Back in my days, we had to deal with bad drop rate, awakening the SRs to ssr and then deal with 50% chance.
*yells at cloud*
Like you said.
Back in those days.
Drop rate like SR Cooler shouldnt be repeated again.

Need some help clearing out my box. Some of these units I'm not sure if they're worth uping the SA of, or if I should just sell the dupes to baba, so help if you can in that regard too <3

edit: just noticed A16 isn't locked. I'm obv keeping him, I got him again for Strike events since his DAed cost is a buttload.

Keep 1 copy of each.
The Friezas can be used to increase Golden Frieza SA huge grind.
SSJ Gohan Adult can be used to increase the SSRs.
Same with Android17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom