• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazzy

Banned
I just beat it and it honestly wasn't too bad. I had to stone once which sucked but otherwise the fight was no harder than SV.

chrono01

Oh man. I just Dokkan Awakened my Super Vegito and threw an all-AGL group together. Took on SSJ3 Gotenks, beat it with no troubles. All of that HP/ATK/DEF and the counters! It's a game-changer, I'm now a believer.

I hope I can grind enough medals to Dokkan my SSJ3 Gotenks before he leaves. I still have two (ish) days, so it's doable.

Aiii

So not worth it
Sometimes other players just puzzle me.

Like just now a guest popped up in the friend char selection that had a dokkaned fused zamasu with SA2... Guy has a farmable character to raise his SA (Game explicitly tells you this), why on Earth would you dokkan him before you get him to SA10?

*shrug* so weird.

-edit: and now another one with SA7. So weird, it takes so little effort.

linkent

Like just now a guest popped up in the friend char selection that had a dokkaned fused zamasu with SA2... Guy has a farmable character to raise his SA (Game explicitly tells you this), why on Earth would you dokkan him before you get him to SA10?

*shrug* so weird.

those are alright nowadays in JP with the "de-awaken" system.
the worst offender is super strike characters with level 4 SA.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Thanks for the Invites everyone - also added my name to the new list. Was using the one from the OP first and was wondering why Chrono hadnt logged in for over 200 days or so lol.

I now have nought all 3 SSR units you can get for 9 Xmas Coin from Baba - pretty nice to round up the squad.

As people have mentioned in this topic already, if you really want a few new SSR now (or, at least, a guaranteed one), the Christmas banner is pretty amazing. I'm not one to say to "spend your stones!", especially this early on with a couple really nice banners coming out in the next few months, but it's nice to do 3x multi-pulls and get Santa Roshi training items (for increasing Special Attack) and a guaranteed SSR out of the final multi-summon, especially on a Dokkanfest banner. It sounds like you have a pretty solid team already though, and even if you got a couple new/amazing SSR, you probably wouldn't have the cost to use them all right now anyway. Since you already did one multi-summon for the Super Vegito/Gogeta, you might want to just complete the first set for the guaranteed SSR to see what you get. It's entirely up to you!

As you noticed, the Super Attacks in this game are pretty amazing. It really showcases the power that these characters have. I believe it's Golden Frieza who does this, but his Super Attack actually causes the entire planet to explode. There's a lot of really cool ones in here.

Battle rotation (when you first start the map) is random, but after that you can control when/where certain characters will show up (so you can keep the ones that link well together). It goes like this.

Slot 1 + Slot 2 will always be on the same turn. The character in Slot 3 will alternate between turns. It's probably easier to explain with an example.

As you noticed, the game allows six characters + friend in a team so it'll go through three of the characters in one turn, three more the next, and then the seventh in the third turn. Then rinse/repeat. There's a way to make sure the first two (in each turn) are always there though, and that's to make sure they're in the first/second slots. The character in the third slot is alternated between each "set" on every third turn.

Basically:

Turn 1:

Gogeta/Super Vegito/AGL Goku

Turn 2:

Gotenks/SSJ3 Vegeta/Trunks

Turn 3:

Gogeta/Super Vegito/Friend Unit

Turn 4:

Gotenks/SSJ3 Vegeta/AGL Goku (rotated in from turn 1, since it was initially in the third slot)

Turn 5:

Gogeta/Super Vegito/Trunks (rotated in from turn 2)

Turn 6:

Gotenks/SSJ3 Vegeta/Friend Unit (rotated in from turn 3)

Gogeta/Super Vegito and Gotenks/SSJ3 (as examples) will always show up every two turns if you keep them in the first two slots. AGL Goku/Trunks/Friend Unit will switch between each set (over the period of three turns), if you keep them in the third slot. You can check the current order for the characters by tapping the character wheel in the bottom right.

I know it sounds confusing, but it's really not. You'll get used to it!

Thanks for the advice Chrono - when it comes to extra pulls the Greed already got the better of me lol. But im not even mad, already went though my second 50 stone son the Christmas Banner just because of the extras. And i will tor the 3rd and final round as well. After this event ill likely be fine without pulling for months so i should be able to build up some Stones again for future pulls.

The good news - i got 2 SSR on my second 50stone attempts. The bad news, they are dupes of Gogeta STR and Gotenks PHY that i already own...lol.

I didnt realize that the rotate mechanism works like that, this will be helpful on more tougher challenges - but yeah will take some time to get used to this heh.

nowarning

I just accepted everyone that's added me.

Can't wait for some new events to get stuck into, I've done everything available at the moment and the rotations are everything but the Gohan dokkan that I need to do!

Meneses

*shrug* so weird.

Several reasons for this.

1) Maybe the most important: maybe people are tired of the fucking grind and shitty drops in this game and just don't give a damn anymore. I know I am fast reaching that point, even for Strike characters, let alone other stuff like Turles or Xeno Trunks where you don't even have 100% chances.

2) Maybe they don't know that it does make a considerable difference to raise SA, they probably try to raise it once or twice and don't notice much improvement and go "yeah, fuck this grind". Especially if they don't frequent Reddit or other forums to check out spreadsheets and formulas.

3) With the new dupe system it's possible to undokkan characters and finish raising their Supers later, so maybe they just want to have a new character and work on it later.

I wll be honest, and it's nothing against you in particular since you weren't that bad, but I absolutely hate the "SA shaming" trend and how people get together to make fun of others, especially on Reddit which is full of that shit. Definitely my least favorite thing about Dokkan community. Let people play how they want, or at the very least try not to publicly make fun of them for not being so hardcore / playing it right / knowing what they are doing.

Sorry about the rant.

yogloo

Several reasons for this.

1) Maybe the most important: maybe people are tired of the fucking grind and shitty drops in this game and just don't give a damn anymore. I know I am fast reaching that point, even for Strike characters, let alone other stuff like Turles or Xeno Trunks where you don't even have 100% chances.

2) Maybe they don't know that it does make a considerable difference to raise SA, they probably try to raise it once or twice and don't notice much improvement and go "yeah, fuck this grind". Especially if they don't frequent Reddit or other forums to check out spreadsheets and formulas.

3) With the new dupe system it's possible to undokkan characters and finish raising their Supers later, so maybe they just want to have a new character and work on it later.

I wll be honest, and it's nothing against you in particular since you weren't that bad, but I absolutely hate the "SA shaming" trend and how people get together to make fun of others, especially on Reddit which is full of that shit. Definitely my least favorite thing about Dokkan community. Let people play how they want, or at the very least try not to publicly make fun of them for not being so hardcore / playing it right / knowing what they are doing.

Sorry about the rant.
Lol look at what we have here. We have a non Sa maxer here. *snort*

cw_sasuke

lol....another Gogeta - okay im done with the Christmas event. Here is my box for now.

dokkan115kjj5.jpg

dokkan221ak0r.jpg

Shoudl i keep dupe Gogeta and Gotenks or should i use them to level up their Supers ?
From the units i have...on which one should i use Roshi to level their Super ? From the description i think Super Vegito has the best Super - but i wanna be sure.

Also any of the SR units worth leveling or useful in general ?

linkent

lol....another Gogeta - okay im done with the Christmas event. Here is my box for now.

Shoudl i keep dupe Gogeta and Gotenks or should i use them to level up their Supers ?
From the units i have...on which one should i use Roshi to level their Super ? From the description i think Super Vegito has the best Super - but i wanna be sure.

Keep them till we get dupe system.
Buutenks, Int Kid Trunks, Teq Kid Goten are all dokkanable to SSR.
Dont fuse the 2 kids card.
as once you have lots of time/medal, you can dokkan them to SSJ Gotenks and feed them to PHY Gotenks to skill up.

I'm so sad about not having SV/Godtenks despite spending hundreds of stones on SV banners that the only way I can salvage my love for this game is by spending money on stones and doing another multi, someone talk me down from this ledge because I KNOW that it can only result in tears

cw_sasuke

Keep them till we get dupe system.
Buutenks, Int Kid Trunks, Teq Kid Goten are all dokkanable to SSR.
Dont fuse the 2 kids card.
as once you have lots of time/medal, you can dokkan them to SSJ Gotenks and feed them to PHY Gotenks to skill up.

Alright thanks - guess ill keep everything for now then.
What exactly is the dupe system ? And about those Roshis...shoudl i use tehem on Super Vegitos Super ?

So ill keep all SR for now right ? Last thing about those Friend Point Gacha - should i save up friend points for upcoming events or can i just pull now ?

Meneses

As linkent said, keep the SSR dupes for now, they will be more useful once we get the new ability system.

Super Vegito and Gogeta are your priorities regarding upping their Supers. Probably SV first since he will basically be used in every team even when not as a leader, since he can block / counter anything that isn't a super.

Gogeta also hits super hard when maxed.

I don't know all of those SRs by heart but a bunch of those have helpful skills or passives, like stun / seal, Orb change, +ki to a certain type... keep them. That STR buff Roshi also hits hard for an SR.

yogloo

I'm so sad about not having SV/Godtenks despite spending hundreds of stones on SV banners that the only way I can salvage my love for this game is by spending money on stones and doing another multi, someone talk me down from this ledge because I KNOW that it can only result in tears
Maybe you will get buuhan.

but judging by your luck, you probably won't. *snort*

I have a friend that chased phy broly and ended up spending 3000 stones before he showed up.

You shouldn't chase any specific cards.

Maybe you will get buuhan.

but judging by your luck, you probably won't. *snort*

I have a friend that chased phy broly and ended up spending 3000 stones before he showed up.

You shouldn't chase any specific cards.

phy broly is not even good......... i have him but i can't even build a halfway decent PHY deck because I have no sealers and stunners, to add insult to my SV-less injury. Can't dokkan him either because the event's too fuckin' hard. Life is pain, friends.

Meneses

Don't do it man, it won't be worth it. Even if you do get one of those (and the odds are strongly against the player every time) you will be salty that you had to spend money on it. This is especially true if you spend more than you can / should, trust me on this.

If you really, really must spend money, wait for a sale. I'm expecting them to do one for Buuhan in the new year.

If it helps, just think that in a couple years (maybe more, maybe less, who knows with mobile games) this game will probably be shut down and all your money will go down the drain anyway.

yogloo

phy broly is not even good......... i have him but i can't even build a halfway decent PHY deck because I have no sealers and stunners, to add insult to my SV-less injury. Can't dokkan him either because the event's too fuckin' hard. Life is pain, friends.
He's a whale. He just want to complete the collection but 3000 ds for a single card is still pretty insane. You can't brute force your way to a single card unless you have plenty of money.

linkent

Alright thanks - guess ill keep everything for now then.
What exactly is the dupe system ? And about those Roshis...shoudl i use tehem on Super Vegitos Super ?

So ill keep all SR for now right ? Last thing about those Friend Point Gacha - should i save up friend points for upcoming events or can i just pull now ?
Use roshi/kai on SVegito.

Dont really understand the dupe system.
But there will be item to increase stats(like cotton candy) on a card.
But there is cap for it.
So we need to use dupe to "unlock" the path, earning new power and further increasing the cap.
Most SSJ cards are safe to keep multiple copies of, if you are planning to max out SA of those characters.

FP Gacha is usually to get fodder to increase another card levels.
Put 5 N cards on SV, give training item and stage.
Can also get Satan Statue for $$$.
Do keep in mind that the next LR base cards is from FP pulls.
The Android 17/18 card which is a really good AGI card but time consuming to get.

MiTYH

Feels good not to be grinding SSBKK medals anymore. Finally taking the time to get the rest of Skinnytenks today, nice easy team with stunning/Gogeta for power. Should be moving onto Pudgy next. Easy day as I count down to the upcoming Buuhan
disappointment

Edit: Oh. Ohhhhh. I messed up. Already dokkan'd my SSBKK and now I see the free xmas ones, when awoken, are a 50% chance. Damnit, that was bad on me.

Meneses

Feels good not to be grinding SSBKK medals anymore. Finally taking the time to get the rest of Skinnytenks today, nice easy team with stunning/Gogeta for power. Should be moving onto Pudgy next. Easy day as I count down to the upcoming Buuhan
disappointment

Edit: Oh. Ohhhhh. I messed up. Already dokkan'd my SSBKK and now I see the free xmas ones, when awoken, are a 50% chance. Damnit, that was bad on me.

Wait for the dupe system so you can revert him back to un-awakened and then feed the free units, he will still be good at SA1 in the meantime.

MiTYH

Wait for the dupe system so you can revert him back to un-awakened and then feed the free units, he will still be good at SA1 in the meantime.

Oh that's right. I keep forgetting that about the dupe system. Is there a decent writeup about that, and the ability system, somewhere? I need to get familiar with it

This set of super strikes is a pain in my ass. I'm getting awful Frieza drops after farming 15 of the wrong one before and I still need the medals for him and King Cold, and to max out fattenks and skinnytenks plus medals. There's just not enough stam in a day and these guys are going away again in a couple hours. They're the last ones I need to fight for LR Goku. :(

MiTYH

Perfect, thanks

This set of super strikes is a pain in my ass. I'm getting awful Frieza drops after farming 15 of the wrong one before and I still need the medals for him and King Cold, and to max out fattenks and skinnytenks plus medals. There's just not enough stam in a day and these guys are going away again in a couple hours. They're the last ones I need to fight for LR Goku. :(

Godspeed. KC drops were some of the worst I've ever had to farm.

So I guess once you run out of DS resources, the rest of the stuff you do is just wait for more stones and hoard them for great pulls, while farming Super Strike characters/going for LR Goku, right?

MisterMac

So I guess once you run out of DS resources, the rest of the stuff you do is just wait for more stones and hoard them for great pulls, while farming Super Strike characters/going for LR Goku, right?

You got it. Some events drop characters it's worth grinding out to SA10 to have, stuff like the GT event going on now has Elder Kais you can grind treasures to buy. Those are always go to have

Godspeed. KC drops were some of the worst I've ever had to farm.

Luckily I already farmed the 15 character drops I just need his medals. He was a hassle to get, though Frieza has been awful. Even now I'm still one short on just his character drops.

Speaking of which, will a double SV Lead work on their Super Strikes or will the saibamen take too much damage?

MisterMac

Luckily I already farmed the 15 character drops I just need his medals. He was a hassle to get, though Frieza has been awful. Even now I'm still one short on just his character drops.

Speaking of which, will a double SV Lead work on their Super Strikes or will the saibamen take too much damage?

I've used double Super Vegito on all but the green strikes myself. Works fine. Even better if you have an Undokkaned SV friend because then you can squeeze some chaff in.

Finally beat SSBKK. My AGL team couldn't do it, I was gonna try with Janemba like someone here suggested but last night the Failed Fusions came back so I banged out the last 3 Skinnytenks I needed and went with a TEQ Team

Skinnytenks Lead
Baba Shop Piccolo
Ultimate Gohan WT Reward
Jackie Chun
SSJ3 Vegeta
SSJ2 Goku
Godtenks Friend

Took him to the cleaners. Son's gonna need a senzu beam smoothie after the Buu Buu Volleyball I dropped on his ass.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

It works for most super strikes. Did not work for me with Skinnytenks. Some guy on Reddit swore he could do it without item use so I tried it. Skinnytenks then proceeds to super a Saibaman and KOs my full health.

I tend to stick to Gogeta + a 52 cost team, far less item usage.

Aiii

So not worth it
Japan has two days of allowing you to run all the ability stone farming stages, 5 times each.

25 runs at 15 stamina... :S

And I had to run the SSJR Black Goku Dokkan Event 5 times to Dokkan the Zamasu I pulled earlier this week, so that's keeping my busy.

Ah cheers for the advice guys. Torn between double SV, Gogeta + R units or a cyborg tao lead budget SSR SSJ team. I'll start SV and see how quick he downs them. I do prefer to stick with him where I can to save reorganising my teams.

Skii

Japan has two days of allowing you to run all the ability stone farming stages, 5 times each.

25 runs at 15 stamina... :S

And I had to run the SSJR Black Goku Dokkan Event 5 times to Dokkan the Zamasu I pulled earlier this week, so that's keeping my busy.

Man I'm still running the Zamasu stage to for SA farming. I've done 20 runs for 2 drops. I'm too scared to even feed it and watch me not get a single boost.

Aiii

So not worth it
Man I'm still running the Zamasu stage to for SA farming. I've done 20 runs for 2 drops. I'm too scared to even feed it and watch me not get a single boost.

I had a dry spell on that for a few runs, but then had three runs that dropped six cards in total. And I got lucky in boosting, too, I think I only need 13 cards in total to get to SA10, so hang in there!

Kirie

Happy to help :) You will indeed hit a bit of a stam wall at the end of the holidays but you won't feel it too bad at low levels. Once you break lv 200 though it might be a week or so between level ups so free stam refills will become rare. It will seem a little overwhelming at first due to the various different things all going on at once, more so than usual right now to the holidays too, but you'll be catching up to everyone here in no time with those cards in your team and while there's a tone of content it mostly follows very similar patterns and you'll know what you want to put your time into or save for another day pretty quickly.

But yeah, quest mode stones are probably your best bet right now since it gives you a ton of stones to pull some more great units and will help when the event does end since you'll have a bigger stam pool. This stone discount running right now is definitely one of the better deals they've offered, maybe even the best so it's hard to decline. I always go F2P and re-roll regularly instead but I felt the urge to buy some and hope for a good pull at that price.

Great stuff, thanks! :) Did you happen to get any of the cards you were going for? I know you were really gunning for SV and SSBKK, so hopefully you got something!

I'm seeing the stuff for the new events and I'm wondering if I should just save my stones for the future since I already have a pretty great start. Is there any good stuff on the horizon I should be saving up for in particular? It's probably going to take me awhile to get up enough team cost anyways to use some of these better units lol

I ended up pulling that PHY Gotenks sealer, no Godtenks on my last big 30 stone pull but I think I kind of made out like a bandit so I can't complain.

Added some more people from the new GAF list!

This stupid ass game gave me 2 more Int Vegitos on the GSSR Christmas pull. 100 stones 3 Int Vegito dupes. Not even a TEQ fam. I'm well cheesed right now.

Great stuff, thanks! :) Did you happen to get any of the cards you were going for? I know you were really gunning for SV and SSBKK, so hopefully you got something!

I'm seeing the stuff for the new events and I'm wondering if I should just save my stones for the future since I already have a pretty great start. Is there any good stuff on the horizon I should be saving up for in particular? It's probably going to take me awhile to get up enough team cost anyways to use some of these better units lol

I ended up pulling that PHY Gotenks sealer, no Godtenks on my last big 30 stone pull but I think I kind of made out like a bandit so I can't complain.

My luck wasn't in this event at all unfortunately. I was hoping for SV on my alt or SSBKK on my main, but ended up with only SSBKK on my alt so far, however the new years event might be able to change that if the banners are still there by then. My main still has SV and a mean AGL team so I can't complain really.

It's kind of hard to say what's best use for them since you have a great start, personally I'd hoard until a unit that really catches your eye springs up or more particularly a discounted event with a 'pull 3 get one free' bonus running alongside it. You'll sometimes get events where it's only 30 on the first go too. However as you start to collect more units you're going to find possible teams showing up from what you've got so far and be semi directed by that. There are some great units coming up, like Rose Black, but bear in mind Heroes and Villains have different skill links so his use depends on you having good villain cards to back him up. There's also SSB Vegito who can counter multiple times per hit but he doesn't tank hits like SV does.

We should have more god leads that are like SV and SSJ3 Gotenks coming very soon, so you'll be best to aim for whichever one you can best assemble a team around essentially. Also the Gotenks you pulled is really handy in rainbow teams or if you end up with a good PHY mono team.

MisterMac

If you pulled SV farming like hell and dropping stones on the SSBKK isn't a bad place to spend. 3 of the banner cards are some of the best AGL cards in the game so that will boost your SV team massively. Since you have Gogeta and SV you could also start saving towards a nice rainbow hero team using some of the new cards that are out in Japan like Vegito Blue and the new Trunk too. Also there will potentially be a banner with all the gods on it you can try for too.

But one thing to keep in mind, luck rules all in this game. No matter what you spend, how you plan, however many stones you hoard you could still end up with nothing. My buddy rerolled and saved 5590 stones for SSBKK and didn't get any of the AGL banner cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom