• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caim

I got Gogeta to SA10 and spent the last of my story stones and got SV.

:)

Now to work to Dokkan him.

EDIT: Will add myself to the list! IGN: Ace

Really sucks being out of DS resources. I just need 10 more stones to get the XMas GSSR 30 Stone banner and the well is dry. I'm regretting some of those single pull so much right now.

Skii

Really sucks being out of DS resources. I just need 10 more stones to get the XMas GSSR 30 Stone banner and the well is dry. I'm regretting some of those single pull so much right now.

Have you bought stones before? It's like $1 I think for the 5 stone pack. It might be worth it to invest $2 for a GSSR.

Thanks!! Yeah I did a little more research into it after you told me about it and decided I might as well go for it considering he's so good. Just happy I was able to get Gogeta along with him, lol.

Yeah Gogeta made that one hell of a starter. Same thing I rerolled for a while back actually and it took me a couple days to get lucky. With the other god cards being released currently too and all those quest stones to collect you're in a really awesome starting position.

Just remember it's triple xp because of the holidays right now so while you're picking a great time to start and boost your level fast, when the event ends progress will cap out on stam faster, whereas with careful usage you can boost to 200+ and never run out during x3 XP. I'd not suggest doing that for your sanity, but just to give you an idea of the typical pacing outside of special events.

chrono01

Thanks man, def. wont be pulling more if you say im good. I just used your Gogeta as a friend...i dont really know what happened but he went crazy and hit for 360k damage....thats nuts lol. In that sense this game captures the Dragon Ball Z DNA quite well...the difference between standard units and OP characters seems quite large, just from my first couple battles.

Gogeta makes even the Saibamen filler units kinda strong...lol - they are hitting for +5k damage, thats really nice. Still hope to rank up fast enough so i can fill my whole team with Legit units.

The battle lineup rotates all the time...is it always random or is that the case because of the Saibamen filler i use ?

I also wonder is there a farmable AGL unit i could/should farm right now for a potential slot on my Vegito team or shouldnt i bother with the Events now ?
As people have mentioned in this topic already, if you really want a few new SSR now (or, at least, a guaranteed one), the Christmas banner is pretty amazing. I'm not one to say to "spend your stones!", especially this early on with a couple really nice banners coming out in the next few months, but it's nice to do 3x multi-pulls and get Santa Roshi training items (for increasing Special Attack) and a guaranteed SSR out of the final multi-summon, especially on a Dokkanfest banner. It sounds like you have a pretty solid team already though, and even if you got a couple new/amazing SSR, you probably wouldn't have the cost to use them all right now anyway. Since you already did one multi-summon for the Super Vegito/Gogeta, you might want to just complete the first set for the guaranteed SSR to see what you get. It's entirely up to you!

As you noticed, the Super Attacks in this game are pretty amazing. It really showcases the power that these characters have. I believe it's Golden Frieza who does this, but his Super Attack actually causes the entire planet to explode. There's a lot of really cool ones in here.

Battle rotation (when you first start the map) is random, but after that you can control when/where certain characters will show up (so you can keep the ones that link well together). It goes like this.

Slot 1 + Slot 2 will always be on the same turn. The character in Slot 3 will alternate between turns. It's probably easier to explain with an example.

As you noticed, the game allows six characters + friend in a team so it'll go through three of the characters in one turn, three more the next, and then the seventh in the third turn. Then rinse/repeat. There's a way to make sure the first two (in each turn) are always there though, and that's to make sure they're in the first/second slots. The character in the third slot is alternated between each "set" on every third turn.

Basically:

Turn 1:

Gogeta/Super Vegito/AGL Goku

Turn 2:

Gotenks/SSJ3 Vegeta/Trunks

Turn 3:

Gogeta/Super Vegito/Friend Unit

Turn 4:

Gotenks/SSJ3 Vegeta/AGL Goku (rotated in from turn 1, since it was initially in the third slot)

Turn 5:

Gogeta/Super Vegito/Trunks (rotated in from turn 2)

Turn 6:

Gotenks/SSJ3 Vegeta/Friend Unit (rotated in from turn 3)

Gogeta/Super Vegito and Gotenks/SSJ3 (as examples) will always show up every two turns if you keep them in the first two slots. AGL Goku/Trunks/Friend Unit will switch between each set (over the period of three turns), if you keep them in the third slot. You can check the current order for the characters by tapping the character wheel in the bottom right.

I know it sounds confusing, but it's really not. You'll get used to it!

Edit: "Turn" is now a strange word to me. I've used it too much.

Since I'm a masochist I decided to reroll for SV and it took me forever, but got him finally!

Now I can finally start playing the game :D

Added my character ID to the list, will be using Gogeta if anyone needs him
Congrats man, I'll add you in a bit. :)

There was a new list because the other one was really outdated.

Updated GAF player list: Quote to reveal:
I...had no idea that there was a new Friend List. Will add myself shortly!

Not to be rude, but... CHUUUUUUUUMP.

That X-mas banner should have been your number one priority :D
I'm sorry to say, but the man speaks the truth. :(

Meneses

SSBKk Goku banner came before we even knew about the Xmas banner, I also spent a bunch of stones there.

At least it got me Orb changing Bardock and old AGL SSB Goku, which isn't bad.

Kirie

Yeah Gogeta made that one hell of a starter. Same thing I rerolled for a while back actually and it took me a couple days to get lucky. With the other god cards being released currently too and all those quest stones to collect you're in a really awesome starting position.

Just remember it's triple xp because of the holidays right now so while you're picking a great time to start and boost your level fast, when the event ends progress will cap out on stam faster, whereas with careful usage you can boost to 200+ and never run out during x3 XP. I'd not suggest doing that for your sanity, but just to give you an idea of the typical pacing outside of special events.

So I'll probably end up hitting a stamina wall pretty quickly after the x3 XP is done? That's good to know! I think for now I'll just try and speed to get the rest of the stones I want for my last round of Christmas pulls then start hoarding the rest of them when it's slower for later on. My 2nd round of Christmas pulls didn't get me too much, but I did get my boy Piccolo's PHY SSR which is cool.

Hopefully my 3rd round will get me Godtenks, but not the worst thing if not! I might end up buying the stones that are on sale and save for a rainy day since it seems like a pretty good price. Cue my husband probably laughing me out of the room since I always said I'd never spend $ on in-app phone purchases. Whoops.

Anyways just want to thank you and all the other people who have given us noobs some really great advice for starting out. Kind of overwhelming in the beginning, so it's really much appreciated!

Congrats man, I'll add you in a bit. :)

Awesome, thanks! :)

Durden77

Quick question regarding SAs that give buffs. Like TEQ Vegito's.

Does the buff only activate after the super has fired? Or when the ki to obtain the super is obtained?

For inatance, if I have a TEQ Vegito in the middle with a super ready to fire, will only the last character on the screen get the buff? Or will the first character get it too?

Thanks to anyone that knows. Just Dokkaned TEQ Vegito so tryin to use him to the fullest, he seems really good.

Edit : also added cw_sasuke, Caim, nowarning, chrono01 (think I had you before but accidentally deleted ya), Arrrammis and TheAznOne.

Tried to add slash3584 but ya friend's list os full. Anyone else on the list I don't have that wants to be mah buddy add me.

Got Ashodin's friend request, so yay friends now!

Also did a couple yolo singles and got blessed with dat Godtenks!

31852732321_a2a925ec2c.jpg

tumblr_npfyh6m3aY1rc40z5o1_500.gif

Time redo the medals for the Androids now. :S

Meneses

Quick question regarding SAs that give buffs. Like TEQ Vegito's.

Does the buff only activate after the super has fired? Or when the ki to obtain the super is obtained?

For inatance, if I have a TEQ Vegito in the middle with a super ready to fire, will only the last character on the screen get the buff? Or will the first character get it too?

I'm really not sure but I think every time i've read something about TEQ Vegito it was about always trying to keep him on the first slot, so I assume characters that come before him would not get the buff, only those who come after he supers (and maybe himself too? not sure).

Don't take my word for it, though.

MisterMac

Is there any disadvantage to pulling singles instead of multis? I need to get the poison out on this SSBKK banner, Xmas isn't worth it to me because any SSR on it besides Godtenks or a powerful AGL would be a let down.

Is there any disadvantage to pulling singles instead of multis? I need to get the poison out on this SSBKK banner, Xmas isn't worth it to me because any SSR on it besides Godtenks or a powerful AGL would be a let down.

Not that I know of. It garuntee's you one SR for multi but realistically who cares. It may boost your chance of an SSR on that one pull since it would be removing all R units from that pull effectively changing the pull percentages, but it's hard to say how much of a difference that really makes and probably impossible to crunch the math for since outside of it being a garunteed SR anything else is just conjecture on how it works from there.

I noticed a while back the larger majority of Reddit seem to agree that it's only worthwhile to do a multi when there's a bonus kai or pull discount, since you could always pull the unit you wanted in the first pull, meaning 45 stones down the drain on a multi. At the end of the day though it's all preference. Some people swear by their luck in multi's some by their luck in singles. Personally I doubt it makes much a of a difference either way.

So I'll probably end up hitting a stamina wall pretty quickly after the x3 XP is done? That's good to know! I think for now I'll just try and speed to get the rest of the stones I want for my last round of Christmas pulls then start hoarding the rest of them when it's slower for later on. My 2nd round of Christmas pulls didn't get me too much, but I did get my boy Piccolo's PHY SSR which is cool.

Hopefully my 3rd round will get me Godtenks, but not the worst thing if not! I might end up buying the stones that are on sale and save for a rainy day since it seems like a pretty good price. Cue my husband probably laughing me out of the room since I always said I'd never spend $ on in-app phone purchases. Whoops.

Anyways just want to thank you and all the other people who have given us noobs some really great advice for starting out. Kind of overwhelming in the beginning, so it's really much appreciated!

Happy to help :) You will indeed hit a bit of a stam wall at the end of the holidays but you won't feel it too bad at low levels. Once you break lv 200 though it might be a week or so between level ups so free stam refills will become rare. It will seem a little overwhelming at first due to the various different things all going on at once, more so than usual right now to the holidays too, but you'll be catching up to everyone here in no time with those cards in your team and while there's a tone of content it mostly follows very similar patterns and you'll know what you want to put your time into or save for another day pretty quickly.

But yeah, quest mode stones are probably your best bet right now since it gives you a ton of stones to pull some more great units and will help when the event does end since you'll have a bigger stam pool. This stone discount running right now is definitely one of the better deals they've offered, maybe even the best so it's hard to decline. I always go F2P and re-roll regularly instead but I felt the urge to buy some and hope for a good pull at that price.

Aside from the multi-bonuses like elder kais or extra pulls, it's all the same RNG via singles or multis.

MisterMac

Not that I know of. It garuntee's you one SR for multi but realistically who cares. It may boost your chance of an SSR on that one pull since it would be removing all R units from that pull effectively changing the pull percentages, but it's hard to say how much of a difference that really makes and probably impossible to crunch the math for since outside of it being a garunteed SR anything else is just conjecture on how it works from there.

I noticed a while back the larger majority of Reddit seem to agree that it's only worthwhile to do a multi when there's a bonus kai or pull discount, since you could always pull the unit you wanted in the first pull, meaning 45 stones down the drain on a multi. At the end of the day though it's all preference. Some people swear by their luck in multi's some by their luck in singles. Personally I doubt it makes much a of a difference either way.

Thanks for the info. I guess when Buuhan drops I'll be going all singles. I really need to pull that dude to save myself from the hell of mediocre AGL team I've been trapped in. Not being able to beat SSBKK is really damaging to my dokkan pride.

MisterMac

Is he even a worthy edition to a high-end AGL team, or no?

He might be better than Vegeta on your AGL team for now IMO since he links better with Vegito, Ult Gohan, SSBKK. Even with SSJR Goku Black Vegeta is very replaceable because having one character who benefits from his passive but doesn't really link with anyone else isn't going to be that big of a benefit. Even Baba Shop Goku can get +4 Ki off his passive and his links. If you want an Extreme type I'd play the long game and start collecting medals for the LR Androids

Durden77

I'm really not sure but I think every time i've read something about TEQ Vegito it was about always trying to keep him on the first slot, so I assume characters that come before him would not get the buff, only those who come after he supers (and maybe himself too? not sure).

Don't take my word for it, though.

I think this is the case now that I've been fucking with it more. The attack numbers for all characters shoot up the moment his super activates, including the first character even if he's in the middle.

Man he is a monster of a support unit once he is Dokkaned. I knew people like him but holy crap. I was sad I got him and not SSJ3 Gotenks and while I still would have certainly taken Gotenks, I'm loving TEQ Vegito.

Wazzy

Banned
I'll have to add myself to the updated GAF list. Currently working on SSGKK event. I'm trying to figure out best team to beat it easily.

Is double SV lead okay to clear it?

MisterMac

I'll have to add myself to the updated GAF list. Currently working on SSGKK event. I'm trying to figure out best team to beat it easily.

When I tried with my double Vegito team he made fun of my potara earrings and punched me in the face til I died.

Wazzy

Banned
When I tried with my double Vegito team he made fun of my potara earrings and punched me in the face til I died.
Damn lol

Right now my team is SV Dokkan, Gogeta Dokkan, AGL Ult Gohan UR, SSGGKK(the asshole I'm trying to Dokkan), SSGG AGL and then Pikon. I also have Vegito TEQ and INT but not sure where they would fit in.

If I need more green units I have Future Gohan and Majin Vegeta.

Kitoro

I cleared him 11 times with my team on the previous page with dual SV, Senzu Bean, Dende, Ghost Usher, and Baba.

I had to gem once on 3 of the runs due to trying to be stingy on items and failing at a timely force quit, but other than that, I made it through each time with a few items left unused.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Damn lol

Right now my team is SV Dokkan, Gogeta Dokkan, AGL Ult Gohan UR, SSGGKK(the asshole I'm trying to Dokkan), SSGG AGL and then Pikon. I also have Vegito TEQ and INT but not sure where they would fit in.

If I need more green units I have Future Gohan and Majin Vegeta.

Do you have Murasaki? He loves to super.

Baba shop teq Piccolo is also a great tank for the fight.

Ferga

I beat SSBKK with mono-AGL pretty easily without using revives.

Had double SV lead, murasaki, SSG goku, Mystic Gohan, undokkaned SSBKK/gotenks (tried it with both in this slot) and any other tank or int type that has shocking speed (Golden frieza/Janemba etc...).

The last tank spot is only for getting through the TEQ Goku stage without using items. That first stage is the hardest stage out of the entire Super difficulty for double SV. If you don't have a 3rd tank, just be ready to use a senzu on the first stage.

Use baba, senzu, dende, Ghost usher.

You shouldn't have to use any items in the 2nd and 3rd stage (unless you get heavily supered. Sometimes I had to use a baba)

I never had to use all the items. Usually had 2 left over after each run. If you really have difficulty doing it, you can always reset the app whenever you get supered so you can use Baba.

If you don't have murasaki, you might have to use all your items to beat it.

Wazzy

Banned
Yeah I don't have murasaki :/ my only sealers are Mutaito TEQ and STR Buu. Oh well I'll probably have to stone the fight then.

Ferga

Yeah I don't have murasaki :/ my only sealers are Mutaito TEQ and STR Buu. Oh well I'll probably have to stone the fight then.

I've done it without murasaki twice without revives. I had to use all my items though. You need to reset the app and think wisely for each Baba use.

MisterMac

Nuking never seems to work for the newer dokkans. Too many forms to go through with the x2 limit on orb changing.

I was just giving it a shot. I think I woulda been okay if I had brought the right item. I had TEQ SSJ Blue Goku and Orb Changing Gotenks to producing some of my own mini nukes to get through the second and third phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom