• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skii

Mecha Frieza event should be good for everyone. Make sure you get as many of him as possible as you can apparently Dokkan Awaken him to Golden Frieza.

At least you can get an UR Lv 10 Super Attack Golden Frieza without having to use an obscene amount of Dragon Stones opening packs!

linkent

Mecha Frieza event should be good for everyone. Make sure you get as many of him as possible as you can apparently Dokkan Awaken him to Golden Frieza.

At least you can get an UR Lv 10 Super Attack Golden Frieza without having to use an obscene amount of Dragon Stones opening packs!
Do you know whether we can use UR golden Frieza with the Mecha Frieza together?

Skii

Do you know whether we can use UR golden Frieza with the Mecha Frieza together?

I assume so because they should have different names.

I think all the Frieza forms have different names so you should be able to hypothetically make a team of Friezas eventually.

Mecha Freeza is a must get to super 10! With transformation, we can make a level 10 super Golden Freeza in the future!

I'll spend dragon stones for stamina if I have to.

linkent

I assume so because they should have different names.

I think all the Frieza forms have different names so you should be able to hypothetically make a team of Friezas eventually.
gonna be fun to have all color Frieza and make a team of all color Golden Frieza.. (4 color i assume from the japan site..)

Mecha Freeza is a must get to super 10! With transformation, we can make a level 10 super Golden Freeza in the future!

I'll spend dragon stones for stamina if I have to.
Think these event will come back after a while..
That golden frieza is at least 5/6 months away..

Durden77

Soooo I used a Baba item, which is supposed to allow me to avoid attacks and supers for 1 turn. Enemy turn starts and I am hit with a super and killed.

The fuck.

Cromat

Mecha Freeza is great, I need a purple SR dearly. I hope I have better luck though - I've beaten both Tao and Chun 20-30 times on hard with no drops!

Shouta

Just curious, what would the additional layer to colored orbs be?

Anything really. It could activate combined special attacks or team attacks or something after getting a certain trigger or you could bolster stats by getting certain elements to further reduce damage. Just something to spice up the game in battle.

RalchAC

So I leveled up for a bit, put my SSR Piccolo as a leader and was finally able to finish the Goku event on Z Hard. Hopefully I'll get enough team cost to swap some N units for other cooler R and SR ones.

How many story chapters are available? I've beaten the first two so far. Haven't used the feeding system so far, leveling just with the enemies my units kill. Feeding some fodder to them feels totally useless.

Aurizen

Really?? wow! How will Dokkan Awaken work? also what type is Mecha frieza?

So I leveled up for a bit, put my SSR Piccolo as a leader and was finally able to finish the Goku event on Z Hard. Hopefully I'll get enough team cost to swap some N units for other cooler R and SR ones.

How many story chapters are available? I've beaten the first two so far. Haven't used the feeding system so far, leveling just with the enemies my units kill. Feeding some fodder to them feels totally useless.
Level the fodder to 20 and awaken them. They are worth a ton of xp.

Skii

Really?? wow! How will Dokkan Awaken work? also what type is Mecha frieza?

This is all based off the Japan release of Dokkan Battle. But everything indicates that we'll get the same events and perks as them.

I don't really know how Dokkan Awakening will work but it seems like you'll be able to collect medals with all of Frieza's forms and that will be used to Dokkan Awaken him. This is still probably some time off before we get it but it is better to get prepared now.

According to others, Mecha Frieza is INT.

Aurizen

This is all based off the Japan release of Dokkan Battle. But everything indicates that we'll get the same events and perks as them.

I don't really know how Dokkan Awakening will work but it seems like you'll be able to collect medals with all of Frieza's forms and that will be used to Dokkan Awaken him. This is still probably some time off before we get it but it is better to get prepared now.

According to others, Mecha Frieza is INT.

Ah ok. I was wishing he would be PHY or STR but thats cool

RalchAC

Level the fodder to 20 and awaken them. They are worth a ton of xp.

You mean normal awakening, right? Not the Z Awakening thing that makes them R.

Should I fuse fodder with fodder in order to get them to level 20, or just bring them with me when I fight? Is there a EXP bonus for fusing some Cell Jr with other Cell Jr units?

Permanently A

gonna be fun to have all color Frieza and make a team of all color Golden Frieza.. (4 color i assume from the japan site..)

Think these event will come back after a while..
That golden frieza is at least 5/6 months away..

Isn't RoF coming out soon? I would think they would release it at the same time to promote the movie, no?

You mean normal awakening, right? Not the Z Awakening thing that makes them R.

Should I fuse fodder with fodder in order to get them to level 20, or just bring them with me when I fight? Is there a EXP bonus for fusing some Cell Jr with other Cell Jr units?

I meant Z Awaken, sorry, and yes there is an xp bonus.

I use items and other fodder to level my fodder units, not sure what the best way is, but I level them to around 18/19 and run a hard Jackie Chun to get them to 20. Z-Awaken and feed to someone, 3 non color matching units can get a rare to 35+ from level 1.

Cruxist

So, I need a ton of Dr. Gero medals. Any idea where to get them? I seem to get more of the other commons in pretty much all of the daily medal events, so I'm kind of at a loss. I'm not hurting for anything else, just those medals lol.

Skii

So, I need a ton of Dr. Gero medals. Any idea where to get them? I seem to get more of the other commons in pretty much all of the daily medal events, so I'm kind of at a loss. I'm not hurting for anything else, just those medals lol.

I'm in the exact same boat. Need at least 70 of his medals to upgrade my characters and can't get any to drop on the daily events.

I run hard and just go for the silver and brown items, got a little over 100 of them currently, though that might have been from normal.

So with how awesome the movies have been and the fact that Super is off to a great start, I have been playing the JP version of this game.

I tried rerolling at first, but ended up just settling for a SR INT Piccolo.

Recently they started a campaign where a 50 pull would give you a guaranteed SSR (one-time only) and I ended up spending $20 buckaroos to complement my current free stones and do a pull.

Got really lucky and pulled both a SSR Kaioken Goku, and SSR SSJ2 Goku.
Both seem to be fairly high tier and have been helping me get through some of the later Hard missions. They are also two of my favorite 'characters' in the game outside of SSJ2 Gohan so total win-win for me!

Here is what my current team looks like!

clev9hoveaaoha1unsmp.jpg

I am kinda pissed at the moment because they just ran an event where you could get medals to DOKKAN awaken both Videl and Gohan into their Great Saiyaman forms.

I really wanted to get Great Saiyaman #2 with Videl but the last awakening medal you needed for her only dropped from the z-hard boss. And I could not beat him at my current level... I had enough to DOKKAN awaken Gohan twice though... <sigh>

Hopefully the event doesn't take TOO long to come back.

chrono01

I've been farming the daily all day and no Supreme Kai. I have like 14 Old Kai, though. :/

I JUST NEED ONE Supreme Kai! They do drop from the Hard dailies, I'm assuming?

Permanently A

I've been farming the daily all day and no Supreme Kai. I have like 14 Old Kai, though. :/

I JUST NEED ONE Supreme Kai! They do drop from the Hard dailies, I'm assuming?

Oof... hate to break it to you but they only drop from the boss in Z-Hard, and its a very low chance.

Oof... hate to break it to you but they only drop from the boss in Z-Hard, and its a very low chance.

Yeah this is exactly what happened to me with the Videl DOKKAN awakening coin.
I kept running Hard thinking that I was just getting unlucky with the drop.

At some point I had enough to DOKKAN awaken Gohan twice, so I decided to just look it up and found out Videl's final token was Z-hard only...

I took the above team in there and was one-shot super'd by Buu. 63k damage....
-_-

Just gotta wait for the next time the event shows up as well.

Permanently A

Sorry, I meant North Kai. Not sure what I was thinking. -_-

And good luck, tmujir955. I wouldn't worry about not max'ing him out now though, I'm sure he'll return again in the future as an event.

I didn't get him, but you're right, I forgot that events can return. I should be happy enough that I got 9 of him lol.

chrono01

Yeah this is exactly what happened to me with the Videl DOKKAN awakening coin.
I kept running Hard thinking that I was just getting unlucky with the drop.

At some point I had enough to DOKKAN awaken Gohan twice, so I decided to just look it up and found out Videl's final token was Z-hard only...

I took the above team in there and was one-shot super'd by Buu. 63k damage....
-_-

Just gotta wait for the next time the event shows up as well.
I managed to clear the TEQ daily on Z-Hard, despite the majority of my units being TEQ, but it didn't drop. I got another North Kai. :/

At least we get a guaranteed one at 30 days login, then I can evolve my Vegeta.

I didn't get him, but you're right, I forgot that events can return. I should be happy enough that I got 9 of him lol.
Definitely!

I only managed a single copy of him, but then, I didn't run it much after I received one. I'll probably try to focus on skilling up past event characters when they return. I'll [hopefully] have my stamina then, as well as stronger teams to make it more efficient.

I am kinda pissed at the moment because they just ran an event where you could get medals to DOKKAN awaken both Videl and Gohan into their Great Saiyaman forms.

I really wanted to get Great Saiyaman #2 with Videl but the last awakening medal you needed for her only dropped from the z-hard boss. And I could not beat him at my current level... I had enough to DOKKAN awaken Gohan twice though... <sigh>

Ooooooh! Don't care what anyone says. Great Saiyaman Gohan is best Gohan.

Permanently A

I managed to clear the TEQ daily on Z-Hard, despite the majority of my units being TEQ, but it didn't drop. I got another North Kai. :/

At least we get a guaranteed one at 30 days login, then I can evolve my Vegeta.

Definitely!

I only managed a single copy of him, but then, I didn't run it much after I received one. I'll probably try to focus on skilling up past event characters when they return. I'll [hopefully] have my stamina then, as well as stronger teams to make it more efficient.

Someone on reddit just posted some tips on getting the Kai medals. Also I was wrong, a lot of folks were saying it only drops from the boss, but apparently it has a very rare chance to drop from a gold capsule!

Ooooooh! Don't care what anyone says. Great Saiyaman Gohan is best Gohan.

Yeah, not sure how good he is stat-wise but I am gonna be feeding him grunts over the next few days so I can try him out in my lineup. Think I got him to mid 40s last night.

I just hope his special attack is something unique. The Adult Gohan I have gets a pretty rad shin-shoryuken style attack that looks awesome. Haha

I'll be waiting for the Vegeta and Tao event then. I stupidly avoided getting extras. My Jackie Chun is a beast due to level 10 special. My Vegeta and Tao cries after seeing that damage :(

Lord Phol

So with how awesome the movies have been and the fact that Super is off to a great start, I have been playing the JP version of this game.

I tried rerolling at first, but ended up just settling for a SR INT Piccolo.

Recently they started a campaign where a 50 pull would give you a guaranteed SSR (one-time only) and I ended up spending $20 buckaroos to complement my current free stones and do a pull.

Got really lucky and pulled both a SSR Kaioken Goku, and SSR SSJ2 Goku.
Both seem to be fairly high tier and have been helping me get through some of the later Hard missions. They are also two of my favorite 'characters' in the game outside of SSJ2 Gohan so total win-win for me!

Here is what my current team looks like!

Woah nice pulls! Yeah I'm definetly saving my Dragon stones until the rooster has grown a bit.

Also had no idea that you can have two of the same character on a team.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
So my phone is busted and I lost all my stuff

Had 30+ stones too :(. So thanks to the lack of a true account system I'll have to start everything over again, which kind of sucks cause it felt like it look a while to get my characters to these levels. Device transfer can't help me here :(

When I restart the game on my new phone what should I reroll for? I really liked my AGL Goku, and I think with DOkkan awakening he might be able to turn into any of the four SSR AGL Goku cards that will come out later (never been given a straight answer on this so I'm not sure). Should I just (easier) reroll the guaranteed SR in the beginning for him or go for a really good SSR?

So my phone is busted and I lost all my stuff

Had 30+ stones too :(. So thanks to the lack of a true account system I'll have to start everything over again, which kind of sucks cause it felt like it look a while to get my characters to these levels. Device transfer can't help me here :(

When I restart the game on my new phone what should I reroll for? I really liked my AGL Goku, and I think with DOkkan awakening he might be able to turn into any of the four SSR AGL Goku cards that will come out later (never been given a straight answer on this so I'm not sure). Should I just (easier) reroll the guaranteed SR in the beginning for him or go for a really good SSR?

Go SSR Frieza. And use this script for rerolling via Bluestacks/Droid4x: https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/3ery14/script_for_rerolling/

Permanently A

Is it better to awaken when you can or wait till you can Z awaken?

I don't think it makes a difference, as far as I can tell there isn't even a change in Zeni costs.

Is there a particular strategy for upgrading a Super Attack?

In terms of leveling, yes. Lets say you have 6 level 1s of the same character. Instead of feeding all the level 1s to the main one, do this: train one of the level 1's for a bit, like to level 15-20. then feed the level 20 to another level 1 which gives you like a level 25. then feed the 25 to another level 1 which gives like a 30 and so on. At some point this strategy will stop working (eg feeding a lv 36 to a level 1 results in a level 35) so at that point, put two level 1s together for a level 11, and feed the level 11 to your level 30). Sorry if this was confusing.

In terms of leveling, yes. Lets say you have 6 level 1s of the same character. Instead of feeding all the level 1s to the main one, do this: train one of the level 1's for a bit, like to level 15-20. then feed the level 20 to another level 1 which gives you like a level 25. then feed the 25 to another level 1 which gives like a 30 and so on. At some point this strategy will stop working (eg feeding a lv 36 to a level 1 results in a level 35) so at that point, put two level 1s together for a level 11, and feed the level 11 to your level 30). Sorry if this was confusing.

So, how does that translate into upgrading a Super Attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom