• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flambe

Thanks for the advice! I still feel like I haven't quite gotten the hang of the battle system yet. Is it true that you don't need to match the same ki orb colors with a character of the same color? For example:

Purple character is fighting a orange character and orange is strong against purple. What should I do ?

Option A) If I choose a bunch of purple ki orbs, then I'll recover some HP, increase the dokkan meter, and raise the purple character's ki circular meter which increases his attack power and may allow him to perform a super attack (if there's enough purple ki orbs to collect during his turn to attack). However, this comes at a cost of the orange character not being weak to purple, so the purple character's attack won't do that much damage.

Option B) Pick a different orb ki color instead. If I use a different color orb, then the purple character's circular ki meter won't usually increase that much because it's not purple, so purple character's attack power won't be that strong and they won't be able to likely perform a super attack.

note: What if the different orb ki color only has one available to use? Is it better to use it than to go with option A against that orange character regardless of whether that one ki orb color is blue, red or green ?

Orb colour only matters for healing and increasing Ki, it has no effect on the type of damage your character does. So if you have a purple character it'll always be a weak attack (and defence) versus an orange character.

Yeah attack strength is determined by how charged the Ki bar is, not based on what it was charged by. Same color orbs charge 2 blocks of ki per orb compared to 1 block charged by off color or rainbow orbs.

They were celebrating 500k dowloads like last week now they are celebrating 4 million downloads. Game is blowing up fast

Flambe

Really don't like how it swaps your active team when moving peeps around lol.

Have wasted a fair bit of stamina just clicking next next next oh this is my unleveled green team welp

3rd run on hard, one down, nine to go. Hope this keeps up, would like to max special him. Unfortunately I don't have a phy team, so gotta stay on hard.

Edit: Five runs, two down. This is definitely making up for my previous abysmal luck with strike events. (Never got a drop on any, til now.)

Cruxist

3rd run on hard, one down, nine to go. Hope this keeps up, would like to max special him. Unfortunately I don't have a phy team, so gotta stay on hard.

Edit: Five runs, two down. This is definitely making up for my previous abysmal luck with strike events. (Never got a drop on any, til now.)

Bah. I've run him a bunch of times and still no luck.

Almost tempted to use Dragon Stones to refresh....

chrono01

I'm on attempt #16 or so [got lucky with a Rank Up], and no Mecha Frieza yet. :(

I'm trying on Hard, since Z-Hard is way too difficult for me at the moment.

thaOwner

I have no issues beating Mech Frieza on Easy and Hard with no support items but have no chance against him in zhard. Over ten runs so far and no luck on the drop.

Skii

Frieza even on hard is managing to actually make me concious about which orbs and order of characters to pick. Can't imagine how difficult he must be on Z-hard.

thaOwner

Frieza even on hard is managing to actually make me concious about which orbs and order of characters to pick. Can't imagine how difficult he must be on Z-hard.
It's unreal. This the squad I'm using http://imgur.com/957Ofj0 and just go for a friends over 60 PHY character but I'm barely doing any damaged on Z hard. He hits for about 9000 and his henchmen hits just as hard.

Just gonna stick to hard for this one.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

I have no issues causing enough damage to beat him on Hard, but I do have to worry about minimizing incoming damage. I only have 1 PHY char, so I'm using as many Z-Awakened chars alongside with high attack stats. Unfortunately for me, that includes TEQ Gohan and TEQ Goku, but at least they don't suffer the normal matchup penalties since they're Z-Awakened.

Anyone native SR is worth using at this point unless you got a ton of them in your box.

I do D:

qcqTSzu.png

Permanently A

Man I'm really fiending for that Frieza, he would synergize so well with my SSR Frieza. I only did a couple of hard runs though, hopefully my luck will pick up.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
2nd run on hard and got the drop.

I also yolo single pulled with event stones and got SR second form frieza. Now I have SR first form, SR second form, and SR mech.

Should I just sell all my rares? I feel like I have enough SR's to not really need them. I was originally going to hang onto them but I have 75 character slots and am actually starting to run out of space.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Should I just sell all my rares? I feel like I have enough SR's to not really need them. I was originally going to hang onto them but I have 75 character slots and am actually starting to run out of space.

Nope. Just expand your box space. I have loads of SR and would never consider selling off a rare due to box space limit being 500.

Nope. Just expand your box space. I have loads of SR and would never consider selling off a rare due to box space limit being 500.

Hmm, a lot of your SR are Z-Awakened R though. Just not really sure what I need the R for if I have plenty of default SR characters. I'll hold onto them for now because I would like to have a collection of sorts.

Kind of wish this game had some sort of collectors book you could fill out just by having the characters once.

Skii

10 runs on hard today with no drop. Going to bed now. Will claim the SR kid Goku in the morning.

Just hope this Mecha Frieza drops. Would be tragic that the only 2 strike event cards worth caring about (Vegeta and Mecha Frieza) end up being the ones I don't get.

Oreoleo

Anyone know how to refresh the list of friends you can choose before a mission?
Try closing the game from the app tray so it has to fully load the app again. Dunno if it works here but I've seen it work for other mobile games.

And praise the gods for AGI Kid Goku. Finally I have *any* agility character for my team. Like half my friends list is agility characters to fill in the gap of my rainbow team. No more!

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Hmm, a lot of your SR are Z-Awakened R though. Just not really sure what I need the R for if I have plenty of default SR characters. I'll hold onto them for now because I would like to have a collection of sorts.

Kind of wish this game had some sort of collectors book you could fill out just by having the characters once.

A z awakened R is better than a native SR in every way until the SR becomes z awakened.

Since it takes so many resources to do so I wouldn't sell off R units until you have enough z awakened SRs to fill out a mono team of every color.

The goal should be to have a complete z awakened team of each color since super types are so strong.

A perfect example is how I am able to beat frieza on hard with my z awakened TEQ team because super TEQ isn't weak against him.

A z awakened R is better than a native SR in every way until the SR becomes z awakened.

Since it takes so many resources to do so I wouldn't sell off R units until you have enough z awakened SRs to fill out a mono team of every color.

The goal should be to have a complete z awakened team of each color since super types are so strong.

A perfect example is how I am able to beat frieza on hard with my z awakened TEQ team because super TEQ isn't weak against him.

Alright, I give in. I do have 3 Z-Awakened SR and a couple of native SSR but the R could be useful at some point.

Oreoleo

Z-awakened R's also require less XP to level up than normal SR's so they get stronger faster o/ There's really no reason not to use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom