• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I'll just restate my probably unpopular opinion that I prefer SS4 aesthetically over SS3, which is a crime against character design. GTs designs are mediocre overall too but SS3 just gives me an aneurysm.

As for Saiyaman Gohan, he's a poor man's god lead stand-in, not worth getting for any other reason except if you need to fill out a team with another shocking speed linker

SS3 is the worst. I stopped watching the show around the time they revealed it. I'd like to blame it as the reason and not me getting older or not feeling the Buu saga.

I prefer SSB over everything, it's a simple aesthetic with a great aura effect.

Agreed. It also goes great with their costumes.

Skii

Yeah SSB looks a lot better than SSJ3 and SSJ4

Her'es my AGL team now. I think it's the perfect AGL team from what I can tell.

f35f2c91fceed651efa70f42d0a896d4.png

Need to do some dokkaning after those amazing pulls. Currently on Vegito Blue and then hopefully tomorrow I can do SSB Vegeta and then Rose. SSJ4 is probably at the bottom of my priority list since you can do him any time during this event.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
SS4 and SS3 look like the guys you could score meth from at a creepy dive bar. The dude who shaved off his eyebrows and the other dude who's wearing the shavings as a coat.

I'll just restate my probably unpopular opinion that I prefer SS4 aesthetically over SS3, which is a crime against character design. GTs designs are mediocre overall too but SS3 just gives me an aneurysm.

Honestly I can't even pick between either of them. I don't really know what went on with SSJ3 to make the eyebrows disappear like that and forehead to become so misshapen but it just isn't what Goku is about. Woulda been fine with it if it was a Vegeta only thing since it suits his character.

Then the same extends to SSJ4, but GT's writing accelerates that too with Goku being even more out of character than ever before. I think the writing edges perhaps SSJ4 into being a bit less likeable to me, but honestly I think they're both trash. On design alone I'd rank them equally. I actually stopped watching somewhere during the Buu saga when I was younger.

I think I might have the least popular opinion, with SSG (Red) being the best design. I loved the way they slimmed him down instead of bulking him up, it kinda reminded me of Bruce Lee's build in some ways. By extension, I think Goku Black is the best design for the very same reason. Slim Goku ftw. I hate the unnecessary bulking up.

SSJ3 looks awful for some but it can't be beat by how awful SSJ4 is on Goku.

Pink fur and yellow pants is just blerghelifneknfsf

Besides, SSJ3 Theme >>>>>>> every other one. I'm farming my 77 Gotenks medal for Androids. Watch I'll pull Godtenks and will have to start over again lol.

When it comes to music, the build up, and the scenes before the final image of said formation I like SSJ3 the most. SSJ is my favourite for make me amped, and SSJ2 is my favourite in design. SSJ3 looks badass on Vegeta, but just face wise, pink panther fur and disco jeans are blegh.

When it comes to music, the build up, and the scenes before the final image of said formation I like SSJ3 the most. SSJ is my favourite for make me amped, and SSJ2 is my favourite in design. SSJ3 looks badass on Vegeta, but just face wise, pink panther fur and disco jeans are blegh.

It holds a very special place yeah. This iconic shot. Come to think of it, that's as hype as DBZ ever got for me.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Damn Kagari. Getting all the luck lol. I'm still trying for SSJ4 Goku. That's all I need for the perfect STR team!

I told ya, somehow my luck on single pulls is amazing. I got some of the major cards that way over the last few events.

Ashodin

It holds a very special place yeah. This iconic shot. Come to think of it, that's as hype as DBZ ever got for me.

NO WAY. Gohan going SS2 was the best and the most hype moment ever. I think the only thing that ever gave me as much awesome hype tingle was Ultimate Gohan's powerup. Like yeahhhhhhhhh boi we bout to be in BUSINESS.

The leadup to SS2 was great. Everyone's getting the fuck beat out of them by miniature Cells, Gohan's still trying to hold back and think of a way out, and then #16's head comes in to impart some perfect shonen wisdom. Right after, Cell's mercilessness just destroys the head RIGHT IN FRONT OF GOHAN so literally sees someone die right in front of his eyes. Someone who had a kinship about life with him. That right there told him "that's it, no more, I will protect life even if I have to take it from you, Cell!"

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

I think that's as hype as DBZ ever got, period. The payoff for Goku finally going Super Saiyan after Krillian got smoked is peak Dragon Ball.

Gohan going SS2 against Cell was cool but didn't have the same impact, and the whole "i'm a wuss I can't get mad enough to be the boss" felt pretty contrived.

NO WAY. Gohan going SS2 was the best and the most hype moment ever. I think the only thing that ever gave me as much awesome hype tingle was Ultimate Gohan's powerup. Like yeahhhhhhhhh boi we bout to be in BUSINESS.

The leadup to SS2 was great. Everyone's getting the fuck beat out of them by miniature Cells, Gohan's still trying to hold back and think of a way out, and then #16's head comes in to impart some perfect shonen wisdom. Right after, Cell's mercilessness just destroys the head RIGHT IN FRONT OF GOHAN so literally sees someone die right in front of his eyes. Someone who had a kinship about life with him. That right there told him "that's it, no more, I will protect life even if I have to take it from you, Cell!"

Yeah the SSJ2 transformation for Gohan was really good. I think the only reason I rate it lower is that was around the time I was beginning to tune out a bit. It was pretty weird to be honest since I loved the Android Saga for the most part, but the Cell side of it just dragged on a bit for me. I know how dumb that sounds coming off the back of the Frieza saga. I guess my tolerance of the drawn out nature was falling off a bit by then. Thinking back, it would have probably been easier to stick with if it wasn't being aired daily over here when it was released.

MisterMac

SSJ3 > SSJ4 easily for me. You have the fur and the fact that Vegeta in particular has horrible clothing design. That red fur, the widows peak, the awful hair, and the leather pants. Dear god Vegeta. I'd ask Babadi to give you your fashion sense back before a power up.

SSJ2 is for sure the coolest form. IMO. I think SSJB is kinda crap honestly. The aura looks cool but the hair in combination with super's modern coloring looks like a blue hand candy on their heads.

Ultimate Gohan was the coolest motherfucker in the entire show, don't even play. Buu-era Gohan is my favorite character in the show. The underdog, but he can still bring it. Loved his fight with Dabura, lowkey one of the coolest villains of the show too. I haven't watched Super yet, only the two movies, but I'm disappointed that my boy Gohan does not seem to be getting any love at all in it, what gives?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Ultimate Gohan was the coolest motherfucker in the entire show, don't even play. Buu-era Gohan is my favorite character in the show. The underdog, but he can still bring it. Loved his fight with Dabura, lowkey one of the coolest villains of the show too. I haven't watched Super yet, only the two movies, but I'm disappointed that my boy Gohan does not seem to be getting any love at all in it, what gives?

They're finally bringing him back in the latest arc which starts this weekend.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Gohan got rekt because of the perception by fans that he was going to replace Goku in the series. Fans in Japan did want that to happen, and they were VERY vocal about that, which is why Toriyama turned Gohan into a wuss and was left to drown in a pool of mediocrity in the background.

Skii

Gohan got rekt because of the perception by fans that he was going to replace Goku in the series. Fans in Japan did want that to happen, and they were VERY vocal about that, which is why Toriyama turned Gohan into a wuss and was left to drown in a pool of mediocrity in the background.

The fans didn't decide it, Toriyama did. He felt that Gohan wasn't the type of person to be the main character. All the fans cared about was Goku being back and he was. No one was upset at Gohan being the one to kill the final villain. It's still basically Goku's show even if that happens.

So every now and then when I feel a bad pull coming I have my GF do the swipe for luck. I figure when things go bad I'd be busy telling her it's no big deal to actually care that I got a bad roll, kind of as a reminder that this stuff happens. But every damn time she goes and pulls the impossible. My global account she pulled Godtenks, my first JPN she gets rose 3 times. Then she goes and pulls off this on my latest JPN account.

oT4B6JT.jpg

I think I'm letting her do all the pulls from now on. She's only had one occasion where she didn't get a god lead.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The fans didn't decide it, Toriyama did. He felt that Gohan wasn't the type of person to be the main character. All the fans cared about was Goku being back and he was. No one was upset at Gohan being the one to kill the final villain. It's still basically Goku's show even if that happens.

Still no excuse for what happened in RoF TBH.

So every now and then when I feel a bad pull coming I have my GF do the swipe for luck. I figure when things go bad I'd be busy telling her it's no big deal to actually care that I got a bad roll, kind of as a reminder that this stuff happens. But every damn time she goes and pulls the impossible. My global account she pulled Godtenks, my first JPN she gets rose 3 times. Then she goes and pulls off this on my latest JPN account.

oT4B6JT.jpg

I think I'm letting her do all the pulls from now on. She's only had one occasion where she didn't get a god lead.

Wow congrats man! Starting off strong in JP. Enjoy the OPness of the Neo God Leads. Meanwhile we await Omega Shenron lol.

Skii

Still no excuse for what happened in RoF TBH.

Yup. It's completely inconsistent with his character and it's annoying when people argue otherwise because it's like the his whole character arc went right over their head. At least he's stronger than ROF final form Frieza now...

Wow congrats man! Starting off strong in JP. Enjoy the OPness of the Neo God Leads. Meanwhile we await Omega Shenron lol.

Thanks, yeah gonna be nice being in this starting position. All I need is SV and I've got most of the top stuff of both banners. It's worked out pretty beautifully right now since global hasn't really got much for me to do so I can just boost this account or now. My global is going to feel so weak compared to this if I can get the awakening medals for them.

By the way can anyone explain how the dupe system works? I'm guessing you don't just feed the characters to each other?

Thanks, yeah gonna be nice being in this starting position. All I need is SV and I've got most of the top stuff of both banners. It's worked out pretty beautifully right now since global hasn't really got much for me to do so I can just boost this account or now. My global is going to feel so weak compared to this if I can get the awakening medals for them.

By the way can anyone explain how the dupe system works? I'm guessing you don't just feed the characters to each other?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/5fhfgb/jpn_ability_system_info/

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The SS3 Goku event is a total cakewalk with my Gogeta team, so that's hopefully a good sign for when Gogeta event comes back. After I get my 10 medals I will put my Gotenks team to the test against vegito. Hopefully I can manage that. I was able to get to the last bar of Gotenks with it, and the team has type advantage this time so hopefully that makes the difference.

Then again, only my Cell and friend Gotenks will have Fierce Battle so everyone else will do shit dmg. Hmm.

Cruxist

Got my 4 Supreme Kai's from the wish event in JPN and pumped SSJ4 Vegeta to SA10. Now I'm getting friend requests like crazy. I had 30 the last time I logged in. Most are other Vegeta's, which is great.

MiTYH

Okay, so question, who should I use the Baba Points on? Global player. I already bought PHY Nappa (needed strong PHY villains), but here are the rest that seem to cycle through. I want to grab one while it's discounted.

TEQ Krillin
INT Dabura
STR Roshi
AGL Saiyaman

I'm leaning towards Saiyaman for Shocking Speed, and my SV deck. Not really sure on the others, Dabura looks interesting

Did a dumb move and used some of my limited pool of stones to do a multi on the TEQ banner since it's my weakest type. Got a bunch of crap and SSR Bardock - the Giant Ape one.

Anoregon

Okay, so question, who should I use the Baba Points on? Global player. I already bought PHY Nappa (needed strong PHY villains), but here are the rest that seem to cycle through. I want to grab one while it's discounted.

TEQ Krillin
INT Dabura
STR Roshi
AGL Saiyaman

I'm leaning towards Saiyaman for Shocking Speed, and my SV deck. Not really sure on the others, Dabura looks interesting

Wow I never realized that saiyaman is actually pretty decent. I have the one you dokkan from the saiyaman event and he's pretty shit, I think I'll sell him to baba and buy the better one.

I'm looking to do the SV event to awaken my normal Vegitos and maybe gather some medals for androids/eventual SV I'll never get. Looking at this team:

Lead Gogeta (Fierce Battle)
AGI SS3 Goku (FB)
AGI Ult Gohan (FB)
AGI Whis
AGI Murasaki
AGI Saiyaman (greatly lowers attack)
SV Friend (FB)

That way I can have a Fierce Battle duo every round while rotating the rest on third slots. Alternatively, here's my box, if anyone has other suggestions.

also just got my 10th androids pull, only took me around 100-120 multis. Good shit.

I'm looking to do the SV event to awaken my normal Vegitos and maybe gather some medals for androids/eventual SV I'll never get. Looking at this team:

Lead Gogeta (Fierce Battle)
AGI SS3 Goku (FB)
AGI Ult Gohan (FB)
AGI Whis
AGI Murasaki
AGI Saiyaman (greatly lowers attack)
SV Friend (FB)

That way I can have a Fierce Battle duo every round while rotating the rest on third slots. Alternatively, here's my box, if anyone has other suggestions.

also just got my 10th androids pull, only took me around 100-120 multis. Good shit.

Looks good but I'd replace AGL Saiyaman with your dokkaned SS2 Goku for the incredible ki boost. You want Murasaki to always Super no matter what, and since he doesn't have any link skills you could get unlucky with orbs, positioning and his passive. Happens to me a lot where he's stuck at +6 Ki.

Anoregon

We doin boxes? Any input for what I should try for Vegito would be great:

https://dbz.space/box/Anoregon

Note that I have/will have the medals to Dokkan STR Beerus and Str SS3 Goku, but I figure I want to keep my STR stuff to a minimum on this fight since Vegito is agi. That leaves my fierce battle links at just Teq Cell and Phys ult Gohan, and a third from my friend.

My standard Gotenks team has sealing and a lot of attack lowering, but I don't know if Friend Gotenks and my cell Supers every other round will be enough to make it through the fight with just that.

Looks good but I'd replace AGL Saiyaman with your dokkaned SS2 Goku for the incredible ki boost. You want Murasaki to always Super no matter what, and since he doesn't have any link skills you could get unlucky with orbs, positioning and his passive. Happens to me a lot where he's stuck at +6 Ki.

Yeah but the thing is, everyone who is not FB is gonna rotate in the third slot, meaning Murasaki will never be with that Goku. Round 1 will be Gogeta and SS3 Goku for OIAF link, round 2 will be SV and Gohan for SS link, and the third slot will be whoever. I'll just have to prioritize him supering when he appears.

MiTYH

Okay... I can wait 6 weeks. I've waited this long.

Probably won't spend any more money. Need to see what I get from those first, I guess.

You can see a rough timeline of events here: http://dbz-dokkanbattle.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_Events

If we follow that exactly (not guaranteed), assume what, 2 weeks between events? It'd be something like this:
Omega on the 14th
Fusions on the 28th
Trunks Dokkan on the 14th of March
Black/Rose and tickets on the 28th

Okay so maybe 2 months. Hard to tell with this timeline, I can't find a better one currently

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Global is def going slower than jp was around this time. A complaint people had was that JP was going to fast around this time. But imo 2 weeks for dokkan fests are way slow when it's not supplemented with something else.

Global is def going slower than jp was around this time. A complaint people had was that JP was going to fast around this time. But imo 2 weeks for dokkan fests are way slow when it's not supplemented with something else.

Yeah if they wanted global to catch up to Japan they could do it easily by just shortening the time between events until we're current or maybe a month behind if they want to keep it staggered for whatever reason.

I wish they'd at least hurry up with game engine/UI upgrades and things like the dupe system. Not sure why there isn't at least feature parity, if not content parity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom