• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zunja

I was thinking it was BS that people on here were luckier than me. Just got another 5 stones, I'm like lvl 11 I think, did a summon got a Green SSR Super Saiyan Vegeta!

I'm starting to think that Teq SSR SSJ Vegeta is the easiest pull out of all the SSR cards. We got a lot of Teq SSR Vegeta owners here that's why.

Permanently A

Spending dragon stones for more character slots - good or bad? I pulled too many chars from the friend request thing and I don't want to combine them unless they're the same character + class for max XP

ElChado

Neo Member
So this game also doesnt use daylight savings thus add an hour to event times?

Because I thought korins tower was 1800PST today

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Spending dragon stones for more character slots - good or bad? I pulled too many chars from the friend request thing and I don't want to combine them unless they're the same character + class for max XP

Use your first Dragon Ball wish on more slots.

chrono01

I'm starting to think that Teq SSR SSJ Vegeta is the easiest pull out of all the SSR cards. We got a lot of Teq SSR Vegeta owners here that's why.
I'm pretty sure all SSR have the same odds of coming out. It's probably something like:

R - 75%
SR - 20%
SSR - 5%

As for the most common, while many on the GAF doc have pulled the TEQ Vegeta [myself included], from my experience in-game the one I see come up most often is the AGL Goku. It's all random really, I really don't believe any have a better chance of coming up than the other. Actually, it's quite possible the STR Goku/TEQ Vegeta are the most rare, considering they have a 16 Cost rather the 15 Cost for the AGL Goku/PHY Vegeta. I still feel as though it's all just a straight percentage across the board for all SSR, though.

Congrats on pulling that TEQ Vegeta, BTW!

Mazre

Oh, nice. Didn't know Dragon Balls did that.

Can you get more Kid Gohans and R Gokus from running the event again?

Kid gohan yes, just keep clearing the last stage on easy, guaranteed drop.

Goku, no, single reward, can't even fight him again if you redo the stage.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
CKY7xv8UcAEWc5N.png

I'm satisfied with how much damage I did to Vegeta here.

chrono01

Oh, nice. Didn't know Dragon Balls did that.

Can you get more Kid Gohans and R Gokus from running the event again?
Kid Gohan you can, but it has to be Normal. The drop is 100% and you can increase his super to skill level 10.

Goku you can';t, unfortunately. You can only obtain one of him.

BTW, does anyone know if there's an increased effect for using training materials that match that certain type? I really want to level my Vegeta, but I'm saving all of the rare STR/AGL/etc. items just in case there's a bonus for matching them. I'm guessing there is, but I want to make sure.

I'm satisfied with how much damage I did to Vegeta here.
The super ability of Kid Gohan [10/10 skill] does 24k damage to Vegeta. He's insane, especially for a "free" unit. Definitely worth the stamina/time to increase his skill level.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
8 Green Vegeta
5 Blue Goku
2 Brown Vegeta
1 Red Goku

on my friend list; I attempt to friend any SSR I come across

Permanently A

Kid Gohan you can, but it has to be Normal. The drop is 100% and you can increase his super to skill level 10.

BTW, does anyone know if there's an increased effect for using training materials that match that certain type? I really want to level my Vegeta, but I'm saving all of the rare STR/AGL/etc. items just in case there's a bonus for matching them. I'm guessing there is, but I want to make sure.

The special of Kid Gohan [max super] does 24k damage to Vegeta. He's insane.

Thanks for the advice. Yes, using the same type of training item gives bonus xp. Just compare it in the Select Training Items screen.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

The super ability of Kid Gohan [10/10 skill] does 24k damage to Vegeta. He's insane, especially for a "free" unit. Definitely worth the stamina/time to increase his skill level.

50% bonus when using the same type material.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Kid Gohan is one of my MVPs. I have him at 40, 1 awakening star, and level 4 super. Going to keep farming the for special upgrades tomorrow.

That screen was just an over 9000 joke though. I've done over 16k before.

chrono01

50% bonus when using the same type material.
Wow, that much huh ? Nice, good to know!

Kid Gohan is one of my MVPs. I have him at 40, 1 awakening star, and level 4 super. Going to keep farming the for special upgrades tomorrow.

That screen was just an over 9000 joke though. I've done over 16k before.
Oh, I see now. Not sure how I missed that "over 9000" joke. -_-

And yeah, Kid Gohan is pretty beastly. I can't wait to awaken him.

chrono01

Gohan is rediculous at lv 60; my strongest unit
Agreed. Honestly, for any new players, I'd recommend grabbing Kid Gohan as quickly as you can and max skill him [which is very easy to do]. He'll be around for a little while longer, so if you haven't yet done so I strongly encourage you to.

Permanently A

Okay I just checked, the training item bonus only accounts for the typing. There is no additional bonus if you're using two same characters to train.

Ducarmel

Any idea where you get the Mr Popo awakening medals? I'd really like to Z-Awaken my Gohan.

I mentioned it earlier a page back supposedly you can get a purble gold capsule in A Gloomy Parallel World -> Invasion of the Warrior Race -> Hard but i had no luck farming for it all day.

I did see it on z-hard but i have no teams that can do it.

does popo really drop on A Gloomy Parallel World -> Invasion of the Warrior Race -> Hard

http://gamy.jp/dbz-dokkan/ドラゴンボールZドッカンバトルドカバト覚醒メダルドロップ場所

I have ran it a lot today all the awakeining items i get are not Popo.

I mentioned it earlier a page back supposedly you can get a purble gold capsule in A Gloomy Parallel World -> Invasion of the Warrior Race -> Hard but i had no luck farming for it all day.

I did see it on z-hard but i have no teams that can do it.

I'm not entirely sure where to get those outside of the daily [which is tomorrow]. We might have better luck getting them there.

Ah, I see. Thanks guys! Holding out for that event

Permanently A

If your character is at max level it no longer gets exp from battle. Hence it looses that battle exp.

Ohhhh, of course. I'm dumb.

In that case I guess the training items are best used for leveling training fodder up to 20 so you don't need to waste a slot in your team grinding them.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Ohhhh, of course. I'm dumb.

In that case I guess the training items are best used for leveling training fodder up to 20 so you don't need to waste a slot in your team grinding them.

Is leveling fodder a good idea in this game? I usually see diminished value doing this in other games.

Permanently A

Is leveling fodder a good idea in this game? I usually see diminished value doing this in other games.

Yeah, its pretty worth it.

If you feed your SR Vegeta with 2 separate level 1 fodder + 8k potion he will get around ~8500 xp

However if you feed your SR Vegeta with 2 level 1 fodder combined with 8k potion into level 20 fodder, then awakened with cheap items you will get ~44000 xp

Ducarmel

yeah leveling N cards to 20 and awakening them give a lot of training experience for the same type.

I already maxed my R Goku and Gohan doing this since I have been running hard stages with teq fodder cards all day.

edit:beaten

Yeah, its pretty worth it.

If you feed your SR Vegeta with 2 separate level 1 fodder + 8k potion he will get around ~8500 xp

However if you feed your SR Vegeta with 2 level 1 fodder combined with 8k potion into level 20 fodder, then awakened with cheap items you will get ~44000 xp

can you explain a little bit more? i got confused here

Basically train up a throwaway fodder character with the same attribute as the person you want to level up to level 20, then awaken the fodder before feeding it to the person you want to train.

Permanently A

can you explain a little bit more? i got confused here

Sure!

You will get garbage N rank characters from completing missions and doing Friend Request Summons. These guys are good for only one thing: training your other stronger characters. The most efficient way to do this is to take two N rank characters that are identical: eg two Green type Saibamen. Combining these two level 1s will give you a level 5. (you can throw in some training items to boost the fodder's level if you don't want to grind with them. As someone above noted, using training items on characters you will use is a waste, because they will miss out on battle XP once they are maxed out. So I would use training items if you've got them here). Once this fodder character has reached level 20 its time to awaken him. Awakening medals for the N rank characters are very common and you should have quite a few just from playing. Awaken your level 20 N rank. You now have an R rank. Train your character of choice (who is the same color/type as your R rank fodder) with this R rank and it will give them ~44k XP.

Stider

Sure!

You will get garbage N rank characters from completing missions and doing Friend Request Summons. These guys are good for only one thing: training your other stronger characters. The most efficient way to do this is to take two N rank characters that are identical: eg two Green type Saibamen. Combining these two level 1s will give you a level 5. (you can throw in some training items to boost the fodder's level if you don't want to grind with them. As someone above noted, using training items on characters you will use is a waste, because they will miss out on battle XP once they are maxed out. So I would use training items if you've got them here). Once this fodder character has reached level 20 its time to awaken him. Awakening medals for the N rank characters are very common and you should have quite a few just from playing. Awaken your level 20 N rank. You now have an R rank. Train your character of choice (who is the same color/type as your R rank fodder) with this R rank and it will give them ~44k XP.

To summarise this, it takes about 8k xp to level a N grunt to 20. After awakening them, they will give 29-44k xp(44k with same type bonus).

Also, anyone tried Z-hard Vegeta event? How difficult is it and what kind of rewards are there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom