• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Is there a reason dokkan awakened goku is weaker than the standard card? Seems like a waste of time to awaken him.

You're essentially resetting the rarity. So you're taking a R Goku, Z-Awakening him to SR, then the dokkan awakening turns him to a natural SR. You can then level him up and Z-Awaken him again to SSR.

StMeph

You're essentially resetting the rarity. So you're taking a R Goku, Z-Awakening him to SR, then the dokkan awakening turns him to a natural SR. You can then level him up and Z-Awaken him again to SSR.

The card changes too: Passive, Leader, Active skills might all be different. In this case, Goku even changes type since it's not the same as the original JP Dokkan for TEQ R Goku.

Flambe

Oh shit this is where the thread went, I should've known after not seeing it on first page of Gaming for a few days but didn't pay much heed 'cause Destiny/MGSV lol.

And personal update. Still only at 2 Pikkons despite blowing all stam on event (Hard and Z-hard when buddy Chilled is up) meh

bjork

The only "chance" characters I've been able to get are Mighty Mask and the first Vegeta. My luck is pretty bad on these limited events, but they're still fun to run.

Working on farming those goku medals, but idk if I want to use up my only copy of that Goku right now. Can you get another one later?

Skii

That new Goku is probably one of the worst SRs in the game. It was given out in Japan as a free gift mainly as a thank you but also to help new players build up their team. Pretty funny that Global is making him a dokkan awaken character.

GKFinns

I feel so dumb. Early on before I knew better I used my R Goku to train someone else. There was no other way to get another of him right? I'm screwed out of the chance to get a Dokkan Awakened Goku?

bjork

That new Goku is probably one of the worst SRs in the game. It was given out in Japan as a free gift mainly as a thank you but also to help new players build up their team. Pretty funny that Global is making him a dokkan awaken character.

Maybe global will get a free guy too, but it'll be someone better. That beast Oolong or something.

StMeph

That new Goku is probably one of the worst SRs in the game.

Whether it's worth the effort is a good question, but it's certainly at least better than the base R/SR TEQ Goku.

There was no other way to get another of him right? I'm screwed out of the chance to get a Dokkan Awakened Goku?

For now. Apparently there's a different Dokkan Awakening for the same Goku in the JP version that also added the capacity to farm/re-collect the base R TEQ Goku, so maybe we'll get that in the future.

StMeph

Four more Pikkon to go.

I kind of assumed it was Extreme damage given how much he was doing in the Strike, but I just noticed that it was only Huge.

Maxim726X

So if I already have the natural SR Goku (who is pretty awesome, BTW) awakened to SSR- Is there any reason at all to awaken my Teq Goku? Can I even use both of them in the same team?

Not if you already have a ton of AGL Z-SSRs/Z-SRs and don't have a lot of TEQ guys.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure teq goku has more attack power than this dokkan awakening one too. My JPN account I'm using both the standard agl goku and the one they recently added to global and there is a huge 2000 atk power difference between then. It's just a bad card in general and definitely not worth grinding z rank missions for the medals.

So if I already have the natural SR Goku (who is pretty awesome, BTW) awakened to SSR- Is there any reason at all to awaken my Teq Goku? Can I even use both of them in the same team?

You can use them on the same team but don't even bother. That other goku you have will reach 5500 atk but this new one will cap at 3500. Not worth it at all.

XiaNaphryz

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure teq goku has more attack power than this dokkan awakening one too. My JPN account I'm using both the standard agl goku and the one they recently added to global and there is a huge 2000 atk power difference between then. It's just a bad card in general and definitely not worth grinding z rank missions for the medals.

You can use them on the same team but don't even bother. That other goku you have will reach 5500 atk but this new one will cap at 3500. Not worth it at all.

Wait, it caps at 3500 as a Z-SSR?

LOL

That would be terrible even for a PHY char.

StMeph

Nope. At lvl 60 Z-awakened it's already at 4500+ ATK.

Yeah I'm not sure where the 3500 figure is coming from.

Z-Awakened said:
VJZxmoa.jpg

Max level stats said:

Not amazing, but certainly better than 3500.

Yeah I'm not sure where the 3500 figure is coming from.

Not amazing, but certainly better than 3500.

That's odd... my JPN version of that card has higher defense than that but way lower atk power. Different stats maybe? Pretty sure the one I got on my JPN account was a giveaway though so maybe intended to be that way?

I'm gonna have to check my card out now cause I could have sword mine was much weaker than that.

Finally have 50 bubbles to z awaken my natural ssr Gohan... Now I just news to level him up 30 more......... This is going to take awhile.

Ryu1999

imageyyru2.jpg

Granted I got garbage from my first multipull from the new event ("just" 4 SRs), but it still boggles my mind how stingy the Global version is in comparison.

XiaNaphryz

imageyyru2.jpg

Granted I got garbage from my first multipull from the new event ("just" 4 SRs), but it still boggles my mind how stingy the Global version is in comparison.

Global is several months behind. For all we know, the rates may be the same it was on JPN when they were at this same point in time. Best to think of the two as separate games at this point.

Ryu1999

Global is several months behind. For all we know, the rates may be the same it was on JPN when they were at this same point in time. Best to think of the two as separate games at this point.

If I recall correctly, JPN had SSR rate ups by the time of the Bardock / SSJ2 Goku event, so I'm not sure that's true...

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Been trying to get the Goku medals on 'Wayward Champion' Z-Hard, got one the first time but no luck for ages.

I had 11 yesterday morning when the update went up. I've probably done Wayward Champ 2-3 times each day for the last two weeks as a way of ranking up to reset stamina when low.

Savitar

After trying for a week finally got Pikkon to drop.

Then I got another.

Farming the event mainly for some health items, it tends to drop them rather good.

The Japan drops do seem so much better than we get.

StMeph

Tried looking around and on the Dokkan subreddit, but haven't found any clear sources yet for how skills interact.

1. Are leader skills additive or multiplicative? If you have two 30% ATK leaders, is the bonus 60% or 69%?

2. Same as #1 if you have a passive for another 30% ATK

3. Are there any definitive sources for the Super attack multipliers? It seems like not even Huge, Extreme, Catastrophic is consistent across characters, and some have higher/lower native multipliers.

4. When increasing Super skill level, I've seen 5% thrown around a lot, but is it 5% to the final/total damage, or just +5% to the super multiplier?

Troedler

Neo Member
3. Are there any definitive sources for the Super attack multipliers? It seems like not even Huge, Extreme, Catastrophic is consistent across characters, and some have higher/lower native multipliers.

4. When increasing Super skill level, I've seen 5% thrown around a lot, but is it 5% to the final/total damage, or just +5% to the super multiplier?

That's what i've found: https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/3fv2xx/info_damage_increase_with_super_atk_level/
It is only about "huge" super atk.

Troedler

Neo Member
Is there a way to get goku again? I ended up feeding him to my SR teq after I leveled him up.

According to somebody at reddit: The goku event is rotating back to japan soon and it will be farmable on ZHARD when it returns.

It will take forever until we get this event in the global version but there is hope. Currently you will not get Goku anywhere.

XiaNaphryz

Thanks. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Extreme and Catastrophic basically just seems to start at a higher damage bonus, so the total gain is likely to be smaller than 5% if each step is still a flat +10% to the multiplier.

So far I haven't seen a lot of difference between huge lvl 10 and extreme lvl 1 between similarly leveled characters with around the same attack power and against the same target.

That said, catastrophic lvl 1 can get pretty insane if your character has a bunch of skills active at the same time and you're going against the right matchup. Only time I've seen 6 digit damage is with my SSJ2 Gohan's catastrophic super.

Anyone ran into ssj3 goku yet on the JPN version? I want him in my deck more than ssgss goku. I'm sure the god card has more damage for supers but ssj3 has insane base damage. Even a poor attack often results in 20k+ damage which would be a poor super attack from my natural ssr cards.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah SSJ3 Goku seems better on average. SSGSS only surpasses everyone with his super where SSJ3 Goku is more likely to get his attack increase.

chrono01

Looks like Kaioken Goku is next in the SSR banner summon for Global. JP gets Vegito.

Gohan story event is up again until Monday.
Oh, man. Kaioken Goku doesn't seem like a great leader, but as a sub he's amazing. Probably one if, if not the best, actually. He links with SO many top-tier SSR [SSGSS Goku, Beerus, SSJ3 Goku, Mystic Gohan, Final Form Freeza, Majin Vegeta]!

I really...really want him, but no supposed +rate for SR/SSR [unless it's mentioned later?] plus no SSGSS Goku, makes me want to wait. I know I'll probably be waiting a long time for SSGSS Goku, so I might give it a single pull for this event to see if I get lucky [assuming the data for the rate/pulls are decent and not like the last event].

chrono01

If you want him pull now since he's featured.
What do they mean by "featured", actually? Do they physically remove certain characters from the pool outside of an event, or is it just supposed to be a rate-up for them?

The reason I ask is because normally, in the announcement, they mention an "increased chance" of getting the new units, but this time they don't say anything, outside of a guaranteed SR with a ten pull. Unless I'm missing something?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
What do they mean by "featured", actually? Do they physically remove certain characters from the pool outside of an event, or is it just supposed to be a rate-up for them?

The reason I ask is because normally, in the announcement, they mention an "increased chance" of getting the new units, but this time they don't say anything, outside of a guaranteed SR with a ten pull. Unless I'm missing something?
The featured characters get an increased rate relative to the alike ranked characters. I think you play FFRK, so it's the same principle as new weapons/armor (from the beginning weeks; I quit quite soon). Still, you'll notice that Freeza, Piccolo and Cell have been removed from this event.

chrono01

The featured characters get an increased rate relative to the alike ranked characters. I think you play FFRK, so it's the same principle as new weapons/armor (from the beginning weeks; I quit quite soon). Still, you'll notice that Freeza, Piccolo and Cell have been removed from this event.
So they do remove certain units? Thanks, good to know!

I don't play FFRK anymore, way too many gatcha games so one had to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom