• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeZMehK

Currently farming Chun. Have 3 so far. Hopefully I can get the 7 tonight so I can concentrate on 20 Mecha Friezas for the weekend. Lol

Maddness

Wait is Mecha Frieza in? Also man I haven't been able to summon 1 natrual SSR yet. This sucks. Is there like a time of day when that's better to do or something? I rarely even get Super Sayian Goku.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Wait is Mecha Frieza in? Also man I haven't been able to summon 1 natrual SSR yet. This sucks. Is there like a time of day when that's better to do or something? I rarely even get Super Sayian Goku.
I heard playing the over 9000 video in the background while you do a headstand at midnight with your TV on as noise helps.

Hiltz

The Mecha Frieza event starts tomorrow. Currently, I've found 10 AGL SR Vegeta's, 10 Cyber Tao's and 3 Jackie Chun's (found one on hard and 2 on Z-hard). Mecha Frieza better not put up too much of a fight like Pikkon did, or else I'm gonna run out of my few remaining health support items.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The Mecha Frieza event starts tomorrow. Currently, I've found 10 AGL SR Vegeta's, 10 Cyber Tao's and 3 Jackie Chun's (found one on hard and 2 on Z-hard). Mecha Frieza better not put up too much of a fight like Pikkon did, or else I'm gonna run out of my few remaining health support items.

I was lucky enough to pull a PHY Future Android 17 during the SSJ2 Gohan banner, who has a leader skill of 25% reduction on INT damage. Dunno if I'll be able to farm enough Jackies in time to switch over to Mecha Freeza right away.

Feel free to add me to your friends list if needed and I'll eventually switch my leader over.

Aurizen

Same here, probably. I loved the movie.

Waiit! Wouldn't it be nice if they bundled a SSGSS Goku redemption code with DVD/Blu-ray copies? A man can dream...

awwwww mannn that would be so awesome! but I doubt it :( would be nice get him and Vegeta as a lvl 1 UR haha

linkent

Well that...was a surprise.

At least with Whis/Beerus this week, SSGSS Goku next time is virtually guaranteed, unless they really go out of order.
What people expect:
Whis SSR this week,
Beerus SSR Next Week,
SSGSS Goku the week after.

What Bamco does,
Whis SSR this week,
Some random filler next week,
Beerus SSR the week after,
Another filler and then SSGSS Goku on the 5th week :p

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
What people expect:
Whis SSR this week,
Beerus SSR Next Week,

What Bamco does,
Whis SSR this week,
Everyone should expect the latter; don't think they've ever hit us with week after week of super-meaningful content.

chrono01

What people expect:
Whis SSR this week,
Beerus SSR Next Week,

What Bamco does,
Whis SSR this week,
But we got both Whis and Beerus! But yeah, we might get filler to buffer in-between Whis/Beerus and SSGSS Goku, but I can't see them doing Buu or anything, not now that they're on BoG stuff.

But then, anything is possible...

linkent

But we got both Whis and Beerus! But yeah, we might get filler to buffer in-between Whis/Beerus and SSGSS Goku, but I can't see them doing Buu or anything, not now that they're on BoG stuff.

But then, anything is possible...
The current Beerus is only SR, there is an SSR version.
there must be a reason why they doesnt release both SSR Beerus and Whis.

chrono01

The current Beerus is only SR, there is an SSR version.
there must be a reason why they doesnt release both SSR Beerus and Whis.
Oh, in the excitement I didn't notice it was the SR version. :/

Welp, that explains it. They're definitely going to drag this out.

Skii

SSR Beerus will come out when the BOG content comes. We probably won't see him for at least another 3-6 months. These movie promotions are their biggest money makers. They are going to drag out and milk it for everything its got.

At least it seems very likely that we'll get ROF content soon. Can't wait to drop 200 stones only to get 4 SRs.

Hiltz

Any tips for suggested leaders against Mecha frieza? I'm using lvl. 100 INT Cel as leader, but he just slaughtered me on the first turn with SS2 Goku AGL lvl. 100 with 42k damage on Z-hard mode. :(

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Any tips for suggested leaders against Mecha frieza? I'm using lvl. 100 INT Cel as leader, but he just slaughtered me on the first turn with SS2 Goku AGL lvl. 100 with 42k damage on Z-hard mode. :(

Best leader will probably be PHY Android 17 (Future) with the 25% damage reduction against INT.

Rainbow teams are terrible against z hards.... Even really good rainbows.

You pretty much need teams of awakened specific colors to consistently beat them unless you have near unlimited items to throw at them.

Hiltz

You pretty much need teams of awakened specific colors to consistently beat them unless you have near unlimited items to throw at them.

Yeah, that's a good point. I guess I won't be able to beat him on Z-hard given how few orange characters I have, and only one is maxed at lvl. 100 and there's a general lack of link skill compatibility too. To make matters worse, I have less than 10 of each healing support items left except for 6,000 potion.

Pretty much this. Even if you want to use your nice UR characters, you'll want at least 4 chars with colors that oppose Mecha Frieza's INT as blockers. Otherwise you'll probably get wiped by all the supers. Also friend some PHY 17s if you see them around, luckily a couple appeared on my friend requests. You'll also probably want a leader that boosts PHY in some way if you have 4 of them on your team.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
My lack of good PHY characters has finally boned me. Need to use items for Freeza and a good ones at that. Doesn't help with the forced fight and the fact that Freeza has a partner usually

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
The combo of two +3 Ki PHY characters works wonders against Frieza + King Cold. But against Frieza + 2 Henchmen (where Frieza has considerably more health and deals more damage), I may need to use an item.

But a +3 Ki leader + Android 17 PHY as a friend has been a great combo against both matchups. Manage to consistently get Dokkan Super heal before I need to use an item.

It's rewarding - I started when the Mecha Frieza event was first up and could barely do Hard. Now I just need 14 more Friezas. (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Aiii

So not worth it

Actually, just 3 of the "weak to-"type are enough, along with a friend you'll have one of the right color at every turn.

Going with a full team of the same color just causes problems getting a proper chain together of the right color and makes the fight last a few rounds longer than necessary.

Shanlei91

Actually, just 3 of the "weak to-"type are enough, along with a friend you'll have one of the right color at every turn.

Going with a full team of the same color just causes problems getting a proper chain together of the right color and makes the fight last a few rounds longer than necessary.

Wouldn't there be a slight possibility of rolling all three of the random colors in a turn? (i.e. I go in with 3 PHY and 1 PHY friend, but in one turn I manage to get 3 of the other color)

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Wouldn't there be a slight possibility of rolling all three of the random colors in a turn? (i.e. I go in with 3 PHY and 1 PHY friend, but in one turn I manage to get 3 of the other color)
You can manipulate when your guys come in so that doesn't happen

The problem is when you have to block something in the last spot so it screws everything up

Shanlei91

You can manipulate when your guys come in so that doesn't happen

The problem is when you have to block something in the last spot so it screws everything up

Oh crap, really? How do you manipulate the rotation?

...and how have I been playing this for weeks and not know that?!

Edit: Nvm, just found it on reddt. I never put much thought into it hah

Hiltz

Finally beat Mecha Frieza on my third try on Z-hard using this setup.

Team leader PHY SS1 Vegeta
(leader skill increases attack for AGL, INT and PHY by 30% and passive skill reduces opponent damage by 25%)

Piccolo Jr. PHY lvl. 80 SSR
Android #16 PHY lvl. 65 SSR
Perfect Cell INT lvl. 96 UR
Kid Vegeta INT lvl. 80 SSR
SS2 Goku AGL lvl. 100 UR
Android #17 PHY (guest character)

He barely did any damage on me, so I didn't need to use any items except I used one delay enemy attack once during first turn. Strangely, Frieza only used his death beam once, and it was against Android #17,and barely did much damage to him. Too bad I didn't get Mecha Frieza as a reward yet.

HildyB

So just picked this up on iOS. Been a fan of DB since I was 12 or so (80s) and I love the art of this game.

So ... does it get challenging or have any real skill to it? I think I'm just playing to collect the heroes. Am I doing it right?

Also, holy crap this is some un-optimized garbage of an application. Eats battery and the amount of data it uses up is scary. Load times... yeesh, Also, even with game audio off, it takes the audio priority.

Also, holy crap this is some un-optimized garbage of an application. Eats battery and the amount of data it uses up is scary. Load times... yeesh, Also, even with game audio off, it takes the audio priority.

Weird, on Android it's one of my lesser battery draining games even with battery saver off... As for data I'm sitting at under 2mb a month if use both on and off Wi-Fi.

Shanlei91

Weird, on Android it's one of my lesser battery draining games even with battery saver off... As for data I'm sitting at under 2mb a month if use both on and off Wi-Fi.

Ya, I generally hate playing games on my phone because of how much the battery drains but this game drains less battery than Tinder. Can still go a whole day, iPhone 6, on a single charge easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom