• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiltz

Got 1 Mecha Frieza on Z-hard out of 5 battles. The last one was against Frieza and King Cold (PHY).

I spent 15 dragon stones on the new character summoning and got shit so far... R AGL Krilin (wearing frieza henchmen armor) and R AGL Burter. Now I'm down to my last 5 stones and I'm a bit scared I'll miss out on getting Whis and Beerus.

chrono01

Wow, getting both Freeza and King Cold on Z-Hard is ridiculous. I had to put STR in there to make up for it. :/

Also, I'm not going to bother doing Z-Hard Freeza without an INT reduction leader. I don't have one, so I need to rely on friends. I've found +3 PHY Ki and INT damage reduction to be the best combo.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Wow, getting both Freeza and King Cold on Z-Hard is ridiculous. I had to put STR in there to make up for it. :/

Also, I'm not going to bother doing Z-Hard Freeza without an INT reduction leader. I don't have one, so I need to rely on friends. I've found +3 PHY Ki and INT damage reduction to be the best combo.
I think King Cold is easier because the HP is lower and he only hits every other turn, plus it feels like a guaranteed card drop.

chrono01

I think King Cold is easier because the HP is lower and he only hits every other turn, plus it feels like a guaranteed card drop.
Yeah, I regret not having STR unit on my team before this. Since I only had PHY/INT I had no way of blocking and took too much damage. :/

Oh well, if I run into them now, at least I'm somewhat prepared.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

All of my drops until I read this post have happened when Cold appeared. Immediately after reading this, King Cold popped up and there was no drop. :(

Finally had a phy 17 appear on my friends list... Even with the advantage my phy team is garbage so I put my rainbow team on the case with him on z hard...... Are we sure it's a 25% reduction? Cause it seemed more like a 75%... I barely used any items and easy mode won against him. Got him to drop too.

Ssj2 gohan was mvp with 3 supers that wrecked his face.

JJP12

Future 17 as my leader paired with future 18 for all those link bonuses makes Friezas super do about 5k damage on z-hard.

edit If anyone needs an extra friend with a Future Android 17 leader feel free to add me. Name JJP12 ID is 2795207366

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Future 17 as my leader paired with future 18 for all those link bonuses makes Friezas super do about 5k damage on z-hard.

edit If anyone needs an extra friend with a Future Android 17 leader feel free to add me. Name JJP12 ID is 2795207366

I've had zero show up so far so thanks!

That's the bug (that will be fixed later). Instead of a 25% reduction like the skill says, it's currently a 0.25x multiplier, which is a 75% reduction, as you noticed.

I figured it was either a bug or a translation error, was hoping for the latter. I assume this is the same reason the ox king is so strong.

Mature

Yay.
0UEjIOw.png

GKFinns

My name is GK. I just added you! (My first neoGAFfer)

GKFinns

r4IxMFCh.jpg

This is my current Mecha Frieza Z Hard wrecking team. Thanks to the Zarbon/Frieza metamorphosis combo and either +6 Ki or an android induced damage reduction, I can beat Z Hard without using any items.

Now if only my drop rate was better than my current 3/19 :/

GKFinns

Beerus has got to be the best SR in the game right now. 40% leader skill plus 25% passive attack increase to his already high attack has got to be down right godly. I almost want to do a 10 pull just for him.

Honored to be your first neogafer lol enjoy 17!

I just used you on a Z Hard! With your Android and my Metamorphosis link, I finished the fight at full health with zero items :p

Durden77

This game is slowly entering the phase I get into with mobile games once I stop having as much fun with them. Pretty much just turning it on everyday to get login bonuses.

I hope something exciting happens soon. After a while when this happens with a mobile game I usually just end up quitting them all together, but I love DBZ so I'd like to keep playing it.

It's just so damn time consuming now. There's too many console games that have been released that I want to spend my time with. Also I'm rank 75 and still don't have a native SSR. Throw me a bone.

Flambe

This game is slowly entering the phase I get into with mobile games once I stop having as much fun with them. Pretty much just turning it on everyday to get login bonuses.

Kinda with you, maybe do 2 or 3 strikes a day at this point. Will plunk away at rest of Z-Hard missions I have left for the dragon stones and patiently wait for SSG to blow them all and see where it goes from there lol

chrono01

I hope something exciting happens soon. After a while when this happens with a mobile game I usually just end up quitting them all together, but I love DBZ so I'd like to keep playing it.

It's just so damn time consuming now. There's too many console games that have been released that I want to spend my time with. Also I'm rank 75 and still don't have a native SSR. Throw me a bone.
Same here. It doesn't help that I have so many other gatcha games I play, and have just as much fun with.

One issue I have with Dokkan Battle is the lower variety of teams. If you compare it to Namco Bandai's other iOS gatcha game, Treasure Cruise, it's even more shocking. In TC, you can run fortnights with many different Captains/team compositions, which allows for a lot of flexibility. In Dokkan though, it seems like with every Strike event, you want either two damage reduction characters or one 3x Ki and one damage reduction, as your Leader/Friend.

Also, you do get a lot of Dragon Stones for clearing story events/missions, but outside of that...it's pretty sparse. I prefer things the way they are in TC, where you get a guaranteed Rainbow Gem each day, as well as some for completing new story missions, as well as other events [such as if you get them from Snails]. It makes it so if you don't pull anything worthwhile with them there's still hope for you. In Dokkan, it's a lot more depressing.

I'm waiting until SSGSS Goku comes to decide what I'm going to do. I'll probably have close to 400 Dragon Stones by then. If I fail to pull him, I might give up on the game entirely and just move on. I'm definitely not interested in farming Strike characters to Super Lv. 10 anymore, not with these rates. I did Mecha Freeza on Z-Hard all day yesterday and only managed two drops. :/

HawthorneKitty

All I have left is to grind player levels for the heck of it. All strikes at 10, less than 4 characters at max level left and too lazy to use use friend points for a chance for R's. Bardock event coming back, guess I'll focus on getting Kid Vegetas. Hopefully Digimon comes soon.

Aurizen

All I have left is to grind player levels for the heck of it. All strikes at 10, less than 4 characters at max level left and too lazy to use use friend points for a chance for R's. Bardock event coming back, guess I'll focus on getting Kid Vegetas. Hopefully Digimon comes soon.

Digimon? there's a game for mobile?

I'm waiting for SSGSS Goku to come out. I already stopped playing for ages now. You know when you get too powerful it gets boring. I don't mind starting over when he comes out.

Aurizen

I'm waiting for SSGSS Goku to come out. I already stopped playing for ages now. You know when you get too powerful it gets boring. I don't mind starting over when he comes out.

I have about 180 stones... I'm hoping I get SSGSS Goku.. who did he come with anyway as a SR I also want Beerus and Whis haha.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Well I got 11 Freezas. Unfortunately it was at the cost of a bunch of my healing items. Probably won't do anymore on zhard, at least until the strike comes back again

Hiltz

Yeah, our poor healing items have been pretty much depleted at this point. I'm currently at 9 Mecha Friezas, but still need 3 more for Jackie Chun.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Looks like the next summon event is Bojack.

Hopefully it comes with the story event so I can get that PHY Gohan. Mostly care so i can kill Mecha Freeza quicker next time he comes around lol.

HawthorneKitty

Digimon? there's a game for mobile?
Yeah, it's more like Puzzles and Dragons in layout and battle system; way lower skill-ceiling though. It's soft launched for a while in Australia and Canada among other places I think for a few months now, coming everywhere else sometime this Fall. I like Digimon though.

Aurizen

Yeah, it's more like Puzzles and Dragons in layout and battle system; way lower skill-ceiling though. It's soft launched for a while in Australia and Canada among other places I think for a few months now, coming everywhere else sometime this Fall. I like Digimon though.

whoa! I would like to try it once it drops in the US store please let me know!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Jackie drops weren't too bad, though the last 3 took forever to drop for some reason.

Got 8 drops of Mecha Freeza so far, I originally got him to level 3 last time the strike came by so now I just need 9 more to get 20 total, lol.

Not too worried about King Cold as I got him to level 7 last time so I only need a few drops there.

I dunno if all of you know this. But in the special missions, they are giving away Frieza AGL and Chilled TEQ.

Just finish their respective missions on Z hard without a continue. Also Chilled hits too damn hard vs INT characters, WTF! 20k damage!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I dunno if all of you know this. But in the special missions, they are giving away Frieza AGL and Chilled TEQ.

Just finish their respective missions on Z hard without a continue. Also Chilled hits too damn hard vs INT characters, WTF! 20k damage!

They had those the first time they put up the Bardock stuff, so if you've already done those missions in the past they'll still be marked as completed.

chrono01

If I have a good network connection, loading's pretty fast for me. On Android here.
I have a great connection, I'm on WIFI at home [cable]. It's just the loading, it takes around 10 seconds to load news section and the same for the area where the Events are posted. All of the other gatcha games I play, such as Treasure Cruise, are near instant. Maybe it's just an iOS thing?

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I have a great connection, I'm on WIFI at home [cable]. It's just the loading, it takes around 10 seconds to load news section and the same for the area where the Events are posted. All of the other gatcha games I play, such as Treasure Cruise, are near instant. Maybe it's just an iOS thing?

Weird, other than the news banner sometimes taking 6 seconds to load, the game is speedy on my iPhone 6.

Aurizen

I'm hoping SSGSS comes next they should get those out the way... i really want rates up to start to happen now. I think they're waiting till a certain amount of SSR units.

chrono01

Weird, other than the news banner sometimes taking 6 seconds to load, the game is speedy on my iPhone 6.
It's just the loading for Events and News. In-game, like for battles and such, it's perfectly fine. Not sure why loading the information is slow for me.

It's just the loading for Events and News. In-game, like for battles and such, it's perfectly fine. Not sure why loading the information is slow for me.

You live in Canada? If so then it could be that since I have pretty much the same issues lol. Anything that needs to be loaded in real time (and praying that I'm not on mobile networks) takes quite a while.

Flambe

On the Canadian-slowass bandwagon too =p But it's gotta be something in the game, have decent wifi and it still takes forever to load up at beginning where I don't have problems on other stuff.

Mature

Told my friend I was gonna do one single pull and get Whis and
ukIHiwY.png

You don't have to believe me because I wouldn't either, haha.

SeZMehK

Bah, I burned myself out this weekend trying to get 20 M Frieza but I pulled it off. I'll just go for 1 King Cold and 1 King Vegeta now. :/

On the Canadian-slowass bandwagon too =p But it's gotta be something in the game, have decent wifi and it still takes forever to load up at beginning where I don't have problems on other stuff.

I want to agree with you, but 6 seconds to load up the event and news banners are a GOOD day for me (as opposed to that being on the higher end for others). Some other times I'll go and grab my morning coffee or do something else while I wait for it to load cause I can't be bothered to count lol.

It's faster than the Japanese one for me, which is why I'm assuming it's location based. I've been wrong before though.

I need to screenshot it still, but I'm getting a great team together. I got:

UR SSJ2 Gohan (Teen) STR (That Father-Son Kamehameha.... wow.)
UR SSJ2 Goku Fruits of Training AGL
UR SSJ Gohan (Teen) INT

I have androids as my others for their link skills, but I'm debating shifting it out for Freiza units, or more that can do kamehameha.

I'm having a really hard time finding a good PHY character - have any come out recently?

Also, what do you do to get Dragon Stones once you've beaten everything on Z-Hard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom