• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durden77

I should really watch all the dbz movies sometime.

Nah, you really shouldn't. They're kind of fun but most of them aren't that good and make no sense.

I did two single pulls hopimg to get SR Bojack and FINALLY get a legit SSR after Dokkan awakening, and of course I get the new SR evil lady instead. Who is AGL, which is the class I already have too many SRs in.

Man this game just shits on me. It just shits and shits.

Watch 7,8,9,10,12,13. If you were to watch the movies.

7 is Androids.
8 is Broly.
9 is Bojack.
10 is Broly again (Father Son Kamehameha)
12 is Fusion reborn with Gogeta.
13 is the one with Dragon fisting SSJ3 Goku.

SeZMehK

Nah, you really shouldn't. They're kind of fun but most of them aren't that good and make no sense.

I did two single pulls hopimg to get SR Bojack and FINALLY get a legit SSR after Dokkan awakening, and of course I get the new SR evil lady instead. Who is AGL, which is the class I already have too many SRs in.

Man this game just shits on me. It just shits and shits.

I decided to do a multi to see if I can get bojack and ssj2 gohan. What I got was zangya and bojack. Atleast I got bojack. >.<

Sooooo the Broly mission on the JPN version huh? Zhard act 40? I got torn up on the Zhard act 20 versus standard Broly not even the legendary super saiyan so I'm not seeing any way to beat that. That's with 3 natural ssr characters too.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Sooooo the Broly mission on the JPN version huh? Zhard act 40? I got torn up on the Zhard act 20 versus standard Broly not even the legendary super saiyan so I'm not seeing any way to beat that. That's with 3 natural ssr characters too.

From what I've read, you pretty much need a full team of Awakened URs and guys who have the appropriate passives or skill links that can negate Broly's buffs.

i495QHf.jpg

A once over by a native English speaker for spelling and grammar may not be a bad idea guys.

bjork

I would pay for an version of this app that was in HK bootleg-level engrish. Or if they added it as some dlc option.

damn I'm saving my stones for the SSGSS.

I've still got like 80+ Z-Hard levels to clear, so by the time I do that and with the freebies from the game, I should have enough for a couple of multi pulls. Hoping for better luck then. Though, I did nab a Beerus the other day and I don't know that dude but he looks strong.

Aurizen

I would pay for an version of this app that was in HK bootleg-level engrish. Or if they added it as some dlc option.

I've still got like 80+ Z-Hard levels to clear, so by the time I do that and with the freebies from the game, I should have enough for a couple of multi pulls. Hoping for better luck then. Though, I did nab a Beerus the other day and I don't know that dude but he looks strong.

ah I haven't did a summon in sooo long haha I have about 198 stones. Lets hope they'll make those rates good.

bjork

ah I haven't did a summon in sooo long haha I have about 198 stones. Lets hope they'll make those rates good.

Judging from the photos people post on reddit, it's like a 50/50 shot between "this is a pretty okay pull" and "oh my balls what a waste." I wish there was some way to determine a perfect time to pull or set up some variable to make it hit a good one every time, but I guess rng doesn't work that way.

Aurizen

Judging from the photos people post on reddit, it's like a 50/50 shot between "this is a pretty okay pull" and "oh my balls what a waste." I wish there was some way to determine a perfect time to pull or set up some variable to make it hit a good one every time, but I guess rng doesn't work that way.

Yeah I hope I get him on my 1st multi-summon saving the rest of my stones. haha..

Also for the Bojack story whats this I hear about fighting Hercule on all the missions?

I have him @ lvl 64 and he's strong as shit. His leader skill is ATK + 40% and his passive is +25% ATK at the start of his turn. He's already stronger than my lvl 92 UR TEQ SSJ Vegeta.

bjork

I have him @ lvl 64 and he's strong as shit. His leader skill is ATK + 40% and his passive is +25% ATK at the start of his turn. He's already stronger than my lvl 92 UR TEQ SSJ Vegeta.

Ah, good to know. I haven't fed anyone training items in awhile, maybe I'll pour a ton into him shortly. :)

Man, all the Bojack story bosses are chumps...on normal. But there's so many of them that I'm not looking forward to the Z-hard runs I'm gonna have to make lol.

Man, all the Bojack story bosses are chumps...on normal. But there's so many of them that I'm not looking forward to the Z-hard runs I'm gonna have to make lol.

Bojack on Z-Hard is a god damn demon. I tried once and his super took off 30k of damage and that was against a UR AGL character smh

XiaNaphryz

Bojack on Z-Hard is a god damn demon. I tried once and his super took off 30k of damage and that was against a UR AGL character smh

Which AGL char has the STR damage reduction leader skill?

Also, apparently Gohan is a guaranteed drop the ifrst time you got through that particular story mission per difficulty, and then it's RNG drop after (I'm guessing higher difficulties means a better chance of drop).

Ryu1999

So it doesn't look like SSR rate ups are ever coming to Global. There was definitely a 2x rate up for the Gohan/Cell event, as well as the current Bojack event when they occurred in Japan. (Not that I would pull for this event, regardless)

BrunoM

So....

This pull...

Wow...
Congrats

Damn I have no luck on pulls I can say other than once seeing a SS goku on my pull (that I hot my only natural SSR) I never seen another and get rs alllllll the way
So a pull like this won't happen for me hahaha so congrats !!

XiaNaphryz

I'm really curious to see how good Whis is. "Supreme damage" super attack sounds pretty dang awesome.

Well, here's the highest damage I've seen from my UR SSJ2 Gohan and his super is one tier lower than supreme (catastrophic). Note that his passive and a couple link skills were active for these. I'm sure I can get it even higher if I was actually trying to max out damage.

PfjprEXl.jpg
NfrMIyHl.jpg

Didn't someone mention SSGSS Goku could do like 300k+ with his super and the right passive and links active? I'm assuming his super is also "supreme" damage.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm really curious to see how good Whis is. "Supreme damage" super attack sounds pretty dang awesome.

So am I, but alas I blew all my money levelling and awakening a couple of AGL chars earlier so I need to wait for the Mr. Satan money daily. :DD

My UR Cell got over 100k several times though.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Well, here's the highest damage I've seen from my UR SSJ2 Gohan and his super is one tier lower than supreme (catastrophic). Note that his passive and a couple link skills were active for these. I'm sure I can get it even higher if I was actually trying to max out damage.

http://i.imgur.com/PfjprEXl.jpg[img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/NfrMIyHl.jpg[img]

Didn't someone mention SSGSS Goku could do like 300k+ with his super and the right passive and links active? I'm assuming his super is also "supreme" damage.[/QUOTE]

Well both God Goku's passives are to increase attack by 75-80% when supering. Think it's mostly why they do so much. His super should be catastrophic also

Hiltz

I just used my last 10 dragon stones and got STR Frieza SR and PHY SR Bido in single pull summons. I guess it could be worse... at least their not AGL characters. I wanted Bojack though. *sigh*

XiaNaphryz

Got the three guaranteed Gohan drops and the 6 dragon stones. Guess that means I'll be grinding for dokkan medals, and then grinding for more Gohan drops (probably on Hard, Bojack hits too hard on Z-Hard and I don't want to go through all my healing items).

Aurizen

Got the three guaranteed Gohan drops and the 6 dragon stones. Guess that means I'll be grinding for dokkan medals, and then grinding for more Gohan drops (probably on Hard, Bojack hits too hard on Z-Hard and I don't want to go through all my healing items).

what level gohan drops again? I been getting dokkan metals

Wow brutal. Is he pretty much guaranteed to use it on the first round? If so I guess I'm burning my 5 remaining Ox Kings on the Z-hard run lol

So it doesn't look like SSR rate ups are ever coming to Global. There was definitely a 2x rate up for the Gohan/Cell event, as well as the current Bojack event when they occurred in Japan. (Not that I would pull for this event, regardless)

Didn't they say that the events were rate ups, but that the banners didn't reflect that? My memory of it is foggy because you know, I still pulled crap.

XiaNaphryz

Wow brutal. Is he pretty much guaranteed to use it on the first round? If so I guess I'm burning my 5 remaining Ox Kings on the Z-hard run lol

Yep, and it's not like a lot of other Strike events where only the first super is overpowered - Bojack's super will always hit at least 30k against an awakened AGL. His normal attacks are around 10-12k.

Didn't they say that the events were rate ups, but that the banners didn't reflect that? My memory of it is foggy because you know, I still pulled crap.

That's what I recalled. That was also the only banner I ever pulled a SSR from (SSJ2 Gohan/Perfect Cell).

Yep, and it's not like a lot of other Strike events where only the first super is overpowered - Bojack's super will always hit at least 30k against an awakened AGL. His normal attacks are around 10-12k.

Man that sucks. I mean the 10-12k is one thing (you can heal it reasonably well), and I can deal with it since my AGL UR Goku thrives at HP levels around that. But having to have a good 30k on you to survive a super is ridiculous lol.

XiaNaphryz

Man that sucks. I mean the 10-12k is one thing (you can heal it reasonably well), and I can deal with it since my AGL UR Goku thrives at HP levels around that. But having to have a good 30k on you to survive a super is ridiculous lol.

Yeah, I ended up having to use a DS for Z-Hard. If there was ever a boss that needs double damage reduction leader skills, it's this one.

Ryu1999

That's what I recalled. That was also the only banner I ever pulled a SSR from (SSJ2 Gohan/Perfect Cell).

The wording was really weird and they made a correction, so what they were trying to say is "if" you pulled a SSR, the rate at which would it be Gohan/Perfect Cell was increased.

The wording was really weird and they made a correction, so what they were trying to say is "if" you pulled a SSR, the rate at which would it be Gohan/Perfect Cell was increased.

Is that different from the wording they use in the JP version? Genuinely curious, since you know...their translation quality has gone waaaaay down from what was put out on release.

weshes195

So about to download this. Does the game feature heavily on in app purchases? I don't mind games that have them, but so many games are (negatively) affected by the lack of purchases.

Is it something you don't need to worry about, or is it really pushed?

Aurizen

So about to download this. Does the game feature heavily on in app purchases? I don't mind games that have them, but so many games are (negatively) affected by the lack of purchases.

Is it something you don't need to worry about, or is it really pushed?

the game is very easy, its in IAP heavy, really enjoyable without it. Character balance between free units and premium units are almost the same.

Permanently A

Really debating whether or not to pull from the event. On one hand Bojack isn't one of the best SSRs. He's got decent stats, but his passive is hard to trigger on any team that isn't pure STR and his links are pretty exclusive. On the other hand, he's an SSR with the rarity of an SR...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom