• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Really debating whether or not to pull from the event. On one hand Bojack isn't one of the best SSRs. He's got decent stats, but his passive is hard to trigger on any team that isn't pure STR and his links are pretty exclusive. On the other hand, he's an SSR with the rarity of an SR...
This is what has been tempting me.

Phew, grinded out Z-Hard Seriously Serious Battle for 10 Gohans! Now to get those Dokkan medals.

Tt18Ilhl.jpg

My drop rate on hard has been 4 out of 6, with the other 2 being the dokkan awakening items. There didn't seem to be much point to farm this on z hard.
I had no luck on Hard after 4 tries. Had about a 75% drop rate on Z-Hard. With all the surplus items I had from the Snaky Way event, it wasn't too bad on top of having an AGL Videl that drops STR attacks by 20% with AGL Frieza's 8% damage decrease as well.

And it's a shame I probably won't be able to use SR SS Gohan with my other SSR SS Gohan.

Aiii

So not worth it
I had no luck on Hard after 4 tries. Had about a 75% drop rate on Z-Hard. With all the surplus items I had from the Snaky Way event, it wasn't too bad on top of having an AGL Videl that drops STR attacks by 20% with AGL Frieza's 8% damage decrease as well.

And it's a shame I probably won't be able to use SR SS Gohan with my other SSR SS Gohan.

No, you can't.

Just keep grinding the 2nd last level against Bojack. You get either R Gohan or the Gohan Dokkan awakening medal.
Not on hard. You can get s. rare training medals on that too. I switched to hard after going 2/20 on z-hard because I heard the drop rate was better, but I'm still not getting anything. Only 1/6 right now ):

This current rolling pull is so bad. The previous ones I had a way higher chance at a SSR. I'm rerolling back and forth to check odds btw.

Extremely high odds of getting nothing but Bojack's loser R friends.

Not on hard. You can get s. rare training medals on that too. I switched to hard after going 2/20 on z-hard because I heard the drop rate was better, but I'm still not getting anything. Only 1/6 right now ):

It's been pretty good on Hard for me. I got played 6 times and I've gotten 4 Gohans.

Yahoo, one more SSR for the stable. ^^

g7Dy0N1l.jpg

Now I gotta wait for the STR daily event to come around since I ran out of STR awakening items leveling him up.

EDIT: Ahhh so you can have the SSR SS Gohan and the new SR SS Gohan on the same team granted you already had the normal Gohan in your team formation before Dokkan awakening him.

LNBL

Guys a question. I z-awakened the Gohan card and am collecting the Dokkan medals, will dokkan awakening him make his rate go up to SSR? Or should i have dokkan awakened him before doing a Z-awaken?

StMeph

Guys a question. I z-awakened the Gohan card and am collecting the Dokkan medals, will dokkan awakening him make his rate go up to SSR? Or should i have dokkan awakened him before doing a Z-awaken?

Dokkan isn't available until you've Z-Awakened. Just think of it as a second Z-Awakening.

It also basically replaces the card and gives you a new level 1 SR SSJ Gohan card that you can Z-Awaken to SSR, which will be its cap.

Cromat

Does Gohan keep his super level after Dokkan Awakening?

After a horrible multisummon (another fucking Krillin), I did a single roll and got SR Bojack. Is his SSR version really good? It'll be really hard to awaken both him and Gohan.

linkent

Does Gohan keep his super level after Dokkan Awakening?

After a horrible multisummon (another fucking Krillin), I did a single roll and got SR Bojack. Is his SSR version really good? It'll be really hard to awaken both him and Gohan.
Super attack stays after DAwake.
Since there are many days till the event ends, just keep doing hard to get all the medals.
He is really strong, problem is his good links are with his friends only(which are natural R and SR)
So he will not be used in end game team.

Cruxist

Well, I was going to ignore the Bojack event but I yolo single pulled and got the SR Bojack. Time to grind out some awakening medals.

Well, I was going to ignore the Bojack event but I yolo single pulled and got the SR Bojack. Time to grind out some awakening medals.

Don't forget to grab the awakening medals from the special missions as well so you don't have to grind too much (beat all the Bojack missions on hard). I only found out after I had dokkan awakened both Gohan and Bojack. :S

Really not much of a grind... At least comparatively to other events.

JoU49hA.png

That's from a single round on just hard. They drop like candy.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Do the 2 SSJ Gohan's link with each other?

I know if you have two of the same cards they won't but not sure if it's limited by the cards name

Permanently A

I am so tempted to try to pull for Bojack... but at the same time his bad links are offputting... I dunno. If I could guarantee a Zangya and Bojack in one multisummon I would be all over it.

StMeph

I am so tempted to try to pull for Bojack... but at the same time his bad links are offputting... I dunno. If I could guarantee a Zangya and Bojack in one multisummon I would be all over it.

Seems like the best link for Bojack is another Bojack (non-Dokkaned).

Cromat

On second look, my multi summon wasn't all too bad. I have all of Bojack's crew, and while three of them are crap Rs, their link skills and passives are really good. With Cyborg Tao as my leader, and the full Bojack team I should be swimming in ki from the link skills (including Revival with Tao), the passives and the leader skill, allowing Bojack to do his insane super every turn. By the end of the week I should have that entire team ready, should be interesting.

I know if you have two of the same cards they won't but not sure if it's limited by the cards name

Double checked, sadly they do not with each other... But the ssj2 gohan links with them both do it's still worth it.

I got 2 zangya on my last 50 pull and no bojacks... Likely won't waste the stones on another pull this time... So I guess I'm done with this event. Means I can finally finish off my hard and start my z hard story missions.

weshes195

So questin: What does the Dokkan bar at the bottom do? I am fighting and it is full...does it do anything?

Also, LOVING this game. Very fun.

Permanently A

So questin: What does the Dokkan bar at the bottom do? I am fighting and it is full...does it do anything?

Also, LOVING this game. Very fun.

It fills up as you get ki that is the same color as your character. When full, if you do a super attack (where the character's Ki is totally filled) the bar will drain and that super will be really powerful and hit all enemies.

weshes195

It fills up as you get ki that is the same color as your character. When full, if you do a super attack (where the character's Ki is totally filled) the bar will drain and that super will be really powerful and hit all enemies.

Ah thanks.

lol Right when I was writing this, King Kai just told me anyways. Thanks!

You "can" have two SS1 Gohans in your team, but you need to have normal Gohan in a team formation with the other SS1 Gohan before you Dokkan Awaken him. Once you remove him from your team though, you won't be able to put him back with the other Gohan.

Savitar

Congratulations.

Wait until you get more!

Got Gohan up to his SS state as well, still somewhat disappointed by his stats but I suppose not bad considering he's more or less free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom