• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was really wanting to use my Dokkan Awakened Gohan, but I already have a SSJ SSR/UR Gohan on my team. I am cry ;(
It would have been awesome with UR AGL Goku, UR STR Gohan, UR SSJ INT Gohan, and SSR PHY Gohan

I was really wanting to use my Dokkan Awakened Gohan, but I already have a SSJ SSR/UR Gohan on my team. I am cry ;(
It would have been awesome with UR AGL Goku, UR STR Gohan, UR SSJ INT Gohan, and SSR PHY Gohan

RMsYAmMl.jpg

9pK0a2vl.png

You "can" have two SS1 Gohans in your team, but you need to have normal Gohan in a team formation with the other SS1 Gohan before you Dokkan Awaken him. Once you remove him from your team though, you won't be able to put him back with the other Gohan.

StMeph

You "can" have two SS1 Gohans in your team, but you need to have normal Gohan in a team formation with the other SS1 Gohan before you Dokkan Awaken him. Once you remove him from your team though, you won't be able to put him back with the other Gohan.

I imagine that's too late for most people who have already Dokkaned Gohan prior to including him on a team with SSJ Gohan.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Fine goddamn it, I guess I like the japanese version. Shame I can't do the Broly event at all, not enough stamina to even try lol. Like half the cards I summoned have the Burning fight link too, not that I'd bring R cards to that fight though.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Man, Z-Hard Bojack is a monster. His Super hits so hard. I guess I'll be farming the Hard version for my Gohan. :/

Drop rate on Hard isn't bad. I ended up with 11 drops so far...probably won't go for 20, just wanted a max SA for the dokkan and then another copy of the card just to have.

Hiltz

I learned the hard way: Do not dokkan awaken R Gohan until you've acquired and trained him with duplicate R Gohans to level up his super attack. Once R Gohan is dokkan awakened to become SR super saiyan Gohan, you won't be able to level up his super attack using the non-super saiyan R Gohan. Spare yourself the pain of having to farm extra medals and spending cash!

XiaNaphryz

I learned the hard way: Do not dokkan awaken R Gohan until you've acquired and trained him with duplicate R Gohans to level up his super attack. Once R Gohan is dokkan awakened to become SR super saiyan Gohan, you won't be able to level up his super attack using the non-super saiyan R Gohan. Spare yourself the pain of having to farm extra medals and spending cash!

Yeah, the card name changes so the previous card won't level up SA.

StMeph

Assuming maintenance tomorrow kicks off the tournament for the Revival of F video release, I've finally finished Dokkaning Bojack and Gohan today, so there won't be any major Stamina obligations in the way. I still need a ton of STR medals, but if it really is the tournament I'll probably put off fully awakening Bojack to UR for a while.

SaberVulcan

As awesome as it is with the potential of Revival of F event happening soon, I really want Majin Vegeta to be released already ~_~.

chrono01

Drop rate on Hard isn't bad. I ended up with 11 drops so far...probably won't go for 20, just wanted a max SA for the dokkan and then another copy of the card just to have.
Yeah, it doesn't seem to be too bad. I'm not sure I'll have enough time to get both of them to Super 20, but if I can manage one, I'll be happy.

I'm already set on rerolling. I'm just waiting for SSGSS Goku. My next account I'm just going to hoard all my stones until the 30 stone roll event or Guaranteed SSR event. Skipping out on all events until then.

chrono01

I'm already set on rerolling. I'm just waiting for SSGSS Goku. My next account I'm just going to hoard all my stones until the 30 stone roll event or Guaranteed SSR event. Skipping out on all events until then.
I have around 370 Dragon Stones that I'm spending when SSGSS arrives. If I don't get him [it's extremely likely], I'll probably be re-rolling too.

I'm really hoping he comes out this week. I miss playing this game. Gave my other account away to my friend. I been sitting and waiting for ages now.

StMeph

Everything has been trampled by the new LR Broly though. HP/ATK over 9000 and his super hits all enemies (WTF for Tournament). The power creep is disgusting.

Everything has been trampled by the new LR Broly though. HP/ATK over 9000 and his super hits all enemies (WTF for Tournament). The power creep is disgusting.

Ehhh, Broly is super strong, but I dislike the way he looks. He's way too damn bulky. He's great for killing off groups of enemies though.

I'm looking forward when they make Super Vegetto or something.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
More importantly his passive and leader skill that gives him 10k attack and +3 ki just cause

I look at LR Broly as a character for those with a team full of UR characters or something. It's ridiculously hard to get him to LR. I won't even bother with him. Besides the event to get his awakening medals cost 40 stamina each. It's not worth it to reroll for him. It's an event not meant for rerollers.

StMeph

Curiously, his recent JP evaluation only ranks him in the second tier, well behind SSGSS, SSG, and the others that have been sitting at the top for so long. It's even behind SSJ2 and GT Gokus.

I wonder if it's because his single-target nuke isn't as high as others with %-scaling self-buffs, along with fewer/harder to activate Links.

Edit: NOPE. Still broken. Apparently the widely-cited tier list is mainly for rerolling/starting pulls, so Broly's ranked lower due to the difficulty of getting the Dokkan medals needed with a new/weak account. Post-Dokkan, he's supposed to be on par with SSGSS in damage potential and at the very top.

Aurizen

I have around 370 Dragon Stones that I'm spending when SSGSS arrives. If I don't get him [it's extremely likely], I'll probably be re-rolling too.

I have 205 stones I would hope I get good pulls.... I would really hate the game if that is the case I don't get anything good including SSGSS.

Wow, is he the leader on that team for the +50% bonus? I think of running him with Tao for the ki.

Yeah, he's leader. I also have him paired with a non-dokkan Bojack for the links as well. I thought Tao would be best considering Super attacks are where you will get the most damage, but having the +50% as leader plus the other links with non-dokkan Bojack are hard to drop. If you don't have the other Bojack, Tao would probably be best as they have the coward link at the very least.

Also, maintenance is extended another 3 hours. Apology stones incoming, haha!

StMeph

And to no one's surprise there's extended maintenance / connection issues.

Edit: Well it looks like maintenance just ended, but I don't notice anything different. Did have a small download, but no new banner, no tournament, or seemingly anything. Strange.

Aurizen

And to no one's surprise there's extended maintenance / connection issues.

Edit: Well it looks like maintenance just ended, but I don't notice anything different. Did have a small download, but no new banner, no tournament, or seemingly anything. Strange.

I give it till friday for something to trigger.

Aurizen

I'm inclined to agree, but it's strange that there wouldn't be any kind of News update or announcement if there's a major thing incoming like the Tournament, as everyone expects.

Ah yeah that announcement might trigger maybe later today... Hopefully

XiaNaphryz

I need two more Bojack medals to finish awakening Gohan, so what are the Gohan medals for? Bojack?

Yep. 7 of each of the medals + 7 Bojack for Gohan dokkan awakening. 12 each + 12 Gohan for Bojack dokkan awakening.

StMeph

You must report back with a screen shot of a good Super Atk with Whis. I haven't seen "supreme damage" before.

From all accounts and tests on Reddit it's the same damage multiplier as Catastrophic (250%), so I don't know why a different adjective is used. It's also not split along Super/Extreme type lines, because SSJ2 AGI Goku and SSJ2 STR Gohan each have Catastrophic Supers.

XiaNaphryz

From all accounts and tests on Reddit it's the same damage multiplier as Catastrophic (250%), so I don't know why a different adjective is used. It's also not split along Super/Extreme type lines, because SSJ2 AGI Goku and SSJ2 STR Gohan each have Catastrophic Supers.

Must be something more specific. Maybe it ignores type disadvantage, either the INT vs PHY or Super vs Super matchups? Or has a higher multiplier when against a type advantage (INT vs TEQ or Super vs Extreme)?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
That new SR Trunks that came in the Broly set is such a great asset to AGL Mono teams with his 'turn rainbow to blue orb' passive, but kinda hinders a rainbow team. Kinda sucks cause I'd want to just throw all the SSJ I have on to a team and call it a day. Speaking of which I'd love for that PHY Broly to drop but I don't see it happening when my team is so underleveled

Likewise, but with a ssj2 gohan and almost always a super saiyan friend, it's buff city every turn.

Oh I know. This is the team comp I threw him in.

PHY UR Xeno Trunks
PHY SSR SS1 Gohan
INT UR SS1 Gohan
STR UR SS1 Goku
AGL SSR Vegeta
TEQ UR SS1 Vegeta

Saiyan Warrior Race and Golden Warrior all day.

Also...

1pAE90x.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom