• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKFinns

Well this was disappointing for my first multi pull. :(
msuQsI2h.jpg

bjork

Got the Gohan up to special level 5, then he didn't drop again after about 30 runs, so I said fuck it and awakened him. I like the way characters level in this game but I hate how they drop.

StMeph

Got the Gohan up to special level 5, then he didn't drop again after about 30 runs, so I said fuck it and awakened him. I like the way characters level in this game but I hate how they drop.

It's a two week long event. There's plenty of time to farm more, but now if you still want to get to SA 10 you'll need to get the medals to Dokkan a second Gohan to feed to the first to get 10.

bjork

It's a two week long event. There's plenty of time to farm more, but now if you still want to get to SA 10 you'll need to get the medals to Dokkan a second Gohan to feed to the first to get 10.

I knew that, and still decided I was done. I don't have the patience level to run this thing 100 times for 10 drops, if that. Most of the other events I ran for zero drops, which is insane.

Savitar

Got a SSR Int SS Gohan which made me happy, did a multi pull because damnit I got the stones to do so install of saving and waiting.

Is there a good tier list? Seen one but it was questionable.

Hiltz

Got a SSR Int SS Gohan which made me happy, did a multi pull because damnit I got the stones to do so install of saving and waiting.

Is there a good tier list? Seen one but it was questionable.

I think some of the top characters are as follows:

Super Saiyan 2 Gohan (STR)
Super Saiyan 2 Goku (AGL)
Final Form Frieza (TEQ)
Super Saiyan Bardock (STR)
Perfect Cell (INT)
Super Saiyan Gohan (INT)
Super Saiyan Goku (STR)

It may be slightly outdated, but I'm not sure how good full power Bojack is beyond his apparently strong attack power.

With Resurrection F releasing on DVD/Blu-ray the week after next, it would surprise me to see SSGSS Goku be the next event. Need to build that hype for the movie!

I made a dummy account holding AGL SSJ2 Gohan with 60 stones just to roll once while I wait. I won't get SSGSS Goku of course, but if I do, it'll be sweet. Both mesh pretty well.

lol just used 50 stones and first five summons were trash R fillers... i was cursing so hard and then i got 2 SSR (ssj2 gohan and ssj2 goku)... damn what a turnaround!!!!!!!

Aiii

So not worth it
Hopefully we'll be able to Dokkan Awaken frieza soon. I need another strong INT card

I have five natural SSR's, three are INT (SS Teen Gohan, Perfect Cell and Whis) and two are Vegeta (TEQ and PHY).

If anything, this game needs less INT SSR's as far as I'm concerned. :D

everyone showing off their SSRs =(

So where is the Bojack medal anyways? I have 5 of them and somehow I don't know at all where I got them lol.

StMeph

Everyone's expecting the Tournament soon, but nothing is happening. Twiddling thumbs here. Guess it might really be after Bojack?

Cruxist

So my JPN team is finally getting too expensive. Just pulled the Blue-haired Vegeta SSR and I can't put him in my team because he'd cost too much. And 2 other SSR's are at 80 and I can't awaken despite having the funds to do so for the same reason.

It's a great problem to have, and I wish I could do it in global, but damn.

Cromat

I think some of the top characters are as follows:

Super Saiyan 2 Gohan (STR)
Super Saiyan 2 Goku (AGL)
Final Form Frieza (TEQ)
Super Saiyan Bardock (STR)
Perfect Cell (INT)
Super Saiyan Gohan (INT)
Super Saiyan Goku (STR)

It may be slightly outdated, but I'm not sure how good full power Bojack is beyond his apparently strong attack power.

Bojack's is a bit tricky to use, you want him to use his super often, which means having Tao as leader for +3 ki, but then you lose the +50% STR leader bonus that really makes his super attacks insane. He links with his own gang really well (I have them all) but most of them are crap Rs, despite some really good passive skills. I'd say he's below all the SSRs you mentioned but still better than Xeno Trunks, Picollo, PHY Vegeta and TEQ Vegeta.

Hiltz

Bojack's is a bit tricky to use, you want him to use his super often, which means having Tao as leader for +3 ki, but then you lose the +50% STR leader bonus that really makes his super attacks insane. He links with his own gang really well (I have them all) but most of them are crap Rs, despite some really good passive skills. I'd say he's below all the SSRs you mentioned but still better than Xeno Trunks, Picollo, PHY Vegeta and TEQ Vegeta.

Thanks for the info update on Bojack. I sadly only have SR Bido.

Skii

Japan has a lot going on at the moment for me. Doing the tournament at the moment and have 2 SSRs that I need to z-awaken (Whis and Beerus). Feels a lot more rewarding.

Not really playing global yet until ROF stuff comes out. It really is a disgrace with how stingy bandai are being with rate ups on global. They are the best way to get SSRs for f2p players and they are just screwing us over to get more money from us. Oh well.

chrono01

Japan has a lot going on at the moment for me. Doing the tournament at the moment and have 2 SSRs that I need to z-awaken (Whis and Beerus). Feels a lot more rewarding.

Not really playing global yet until ROF stuff comes out. It really is a disgrace with how stingy bandai are being with rate ups on global. They are the best way to get SSRs for f2p players and they are just screwing us over to get more money from us. Oh well.
Yeah, Global doesn't seem as generous, for sure. It's strange, since Treasure Cruise has been giving us one free Rainbow Gem per day since release [in addition to all of the other you get for working through the story content], and with Sugofest pulls you're usually guaranteed at least one of the featured units with ten pulls, not so much with Dokkan Battle. :/

I have 383 Dragon Stones I'm saving for SSGSS Goku. If I don't get him, or another solid unit [SSJ2 Gohan/Goku, SSJ STR Goku, Bardock, etc.], I'm probably just going to stop playing the game entirely and focus on Treasure Cruise.

Hiltz

Is the Japanese version that much better? I may consider trying it out if the next global event ends up screwing me over with the few (currently at 11) dragon stones I've got left. By the way, is it possible to have both a Japanese and global account ? The only worthwhile summon characters the global version's handed me are AGL SS2 Goku, INT Perfect Cell and to a lesser extent, PHY SS Vegeta.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Is the Japanese version that much better? I may consider trying it out if the next global event ends up screwing me over with the few (currently at 11) dragon stones I've got left. By the way, is it possible to have both a Japanese and global account ? The only worthwhile summon characters the global version's handed me are AGL SS2 Goku, INT Perfect Cell and to a lesser extent, PHY SS Vegeta.

The JPN game is several months ahead so has a lot more characters available. Also has a higher drop rate. The Global game will eventually get the same stuff content-wise, the main question is if the drop rate increases will also come.

Hiltz

The JPN game is several months ahead so has a lot more characters available. Also has a higher drop rate. The Global game will eventually get the same stuff content-wise, the main question is if the drop rate increases will also come.

I see. I guess I'll just wait a bit longer then.

So many are so sure of a RoF tie in.... But I can't help that, unlike every other DBZ game released in NA, realize there is no connection to Funimation. I don't think it's as guaranteed as some think.

(Edit) Finally pikkon dropped for me! Jeez only the third time his event has come up with me trying to farm it for him to finally drop... Now just need my agl frieza.

Kamina777

Banned
Anyone got the drop rates for the event Pikkon? Is there a regular version I can get from using summon stones?

I hate his stupid super attack though. So bootleg.

Oooh, looks like King Cold, Chilled, and Mecha Frieza can drop during the Cooler event as well:

Anyone got the drop rates for the event Pikkon? Is there a regular version I can get from using summon stones?

Don't know the drop rates offhand, but he's only available via the Strike mission. No stone summoning.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

I don't recall his drop rate being terrible as I maxed him out to SA lvl 10 the first time the event came around. At least on Z-Hard.

Kamina777

Banned
Don't know the drop rates offhand, but he's only available via the Strike mission. No stone summoning.

I don't recall his drop rate being terrible as I maxed him out to SA lvl 10 the first time the event came around. At least on Z-Hard.
Thank you both for the info!
I am in no shape to try zhard, just hard is kicking my behind enough that spending a dragon stone is a given. Maybe next time I'll be ready! :(

Apparently it's lower than AGL Freeza and Chilled according to the JP folk. :3

Wheeeelp.... I'll never get him then.... sad face.

Meanwhile it took me farming the event this third time to get a single one while doing z-hard... For some reason my luck has been terrible lately.

Maxim726X

Thank you both for the info!
I am in no shape to try zhard, just hard is kicking my behind enough that spending a dragon stone is a given. Maybe next time I'll be ready! :(

I would definitely not suggest using stones on event characters... He'll be back, that much is for certain.

Although to be fair, if I'm running to the wire for Cooler and I haven't gotten any drops, I may use a stone or two. Can't pass up on farmable URs.

Kamina777

Banned
I would definitely not suggest using stones on event characters... He'll be back, that much is for certain.

Although to be fair, if I'm running to the wire for Cooler and I haven't gotten any drops, I may use a stone or two. Can't pass up on farmable URs.
Thanks for the advice I think I'll catch him again some other time!

StMeph

Keep in mind that his drop rate is reported to be extremely low. This can't really be emphasized enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom