• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurizen

Eh, it's still a gacha game at heart, just a lot more skill dependent; I remember people bitching how much orb luck you needed in this game.

Isn't it like action based where you need to control the character? I was hoping for something like a old school rpg or like dokkan battle or brave frontier.

Lagamorph

k2Ux1Z5.jpg
I want my 50 Dragon Stones back....
What good is a guaranteed SR when it's these chumps?

Though at least my current team isn't too bad,

Just need to get my cost up so I can Z-Awaken Mecha Freiza, and then get my cost up even more so I can replace my AGL Goku with this,

A better AGL Goku.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Isn't it like action based where you need to control the character? I was hoping for something like a old school rpg or like dokkan battle or brave frontier.
It is, but controls are snappy and responsive; seems to have had a good amount of success compared to the Naruto game.

Lagamorph

Guldo is pretty good.

Guess I can't criticise too much when I've got freaking Tien in my team, purely because he was my first and only SR at one point.
Maybe I'll replace him with Krillin, it'd be a minor upgrade at least from a 'good character' perspective.

Think I'm going to give up on multi-pulls for a while though and just do a pull whenever I have 5 Dragon Stones.

Guess I can't criticise too much when I've got freaking Tien in my team, purely because he was my first and only SR at one point.
Maybe I'll replace him with Krillin, it'd be a minor upgrade at least from a 'good character' perspective.

Think I'm going to give up on multi-pulls for a while though and just do a pull whenever I have 5 Dragon Stones.

Idk about the TEQ Tien, but the STR Tien is actually pretty awesome. He's one of the few SRs with an "Extreme Damage" sp atk.

weshes195

Hey, I just got a character called Zangya. She is SR AGL and is blue with LONG orange hair.

Never even heard of this character, is she good? Just found it weird that I never heard of her before.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Hey, I just got a character called Zangya. She is SR AGL and is blue with LONG orange hair.

Never even heard of this character, is she good? Just found it weird that I never heard of her before.

She only appeared in the Bojack movie.

Well, she had like a 2 second cameo in another movie...I think it was the Fusion Reborn one.

E the Shaggy

I did a 50 Dragon Stone pull, a few SRs but damn it, I wanted another SSJ character to join SSJ Bardock, Vegeta, and Gohan.

I think I've mined all the Dragon Stones and apparently after two wishes, the Dragon Balls just disappear. Seems like I'm at an impasse.

I did a 50 Dragon Stone pull, a few SRs but damn it, I wanted another SSJ character to join SSJ Bardock, Vegeta, and Gohan.

I think I've mined all the Dragon Stones and apparently after two wishes, the Dragon Balls just disappear. Seems like I'm at an impasse.

Yeah.... what we're all really needing is new story missions. These events are good for a day or two, but without any real meat, the potatoes are getting old.

Yeah.... what we're all really needing is new story missions. These events are good for a day or two, but without any real meat, the potatoes are getting old.

Agreed. I'm running out of stuff to do, outside of logging in for bonuses.

I want to make a full SSR Ginyu team. Until that happens, I think I found my "main" team. Using the Roshis for their Kamehameha link, and they link well together with bonus Ki.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I spent stones on the Metal Cooler event hoping to get that new SSJ Goku forgetting you can only have one of the same dude name-wise on a team. So I guess it's cool I didn't get him?

denebj

Neo Member
Whoohooo !! I just maxed out Kid Vegeta SA to 10 :-O

Took me 3 days and it was actually quite easy !!! One in every 4-5 run was a winner,
The last 2 events I was barely able to get 1 ! That's pretty nice !!

I am waiting for Cooler since Chilled and Frieza are almost impossible to SA to 10 :-=

Hiltz

Is it worth it to try doing the current multi-pull summoning event in the Japanese version ? I currently have 48 dragon stones. The only characters I currently have at the moment are SSR SS2 Gohan INT and SSR ( green jumpsuit) SS2 gohan, so I'm in desperate need of team building in order to eventually get to do z-hard difficulty.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Is it worth it to try doing the current multi-pull summoning event in the Japanese version ? I currently have 48 dragon stones. The only characters I currently have at the moment are SSR SS2 Gohan INT and SSR ( green jumpsuit) SS2 gohan, so I'm in desperate need of team building in order to eventually get to do z-hard difficulty.

If you haven't done the guaranteed SSR summon do it sooner than later since I think it ends this month

Hiltz

If you haven't done the guaranteed SSR summon do it sooner than later since I think it ends this month

Okay. I did it .... shit..

SR Super Saiyan Vegeta TEQ
SR Super Saiyan 2 Gohan (green jumpsuit) PHY (atl east I can increase his super attack to level 2)
2 non-super saiyan kid Trunks TEQ
SR Piccolo AGL
R non-super saiyan teen Trunks AGL
R (Bardock's bald guy minion) STR
R Android #18 AGL
R Android #17 PHY
R kid Pan (or someone that looks like her) PHY

*pulls hair*

Ok i just did a multi pull using friend points and got 1 SR... Is that a bug or i got lucky there

Also whats up with reduced droprate while using dragon stone single pull... For last 5-6 times i m getting only R :/

Same here with singles being mostly Rs. :(

I also don't get why events don't give dragon stones for finishing it on each difficulty except the very end with Z hard.

Its really dumb. Also Z hard should give you a 100% drop of event character for the amount of resources they make you use and the ridiculous buffs they have for their battles. Unless you have a full team of URs and all level 80+ at that, then the battle is moderately hard and worse if you only have SSRs.

HawthorneKitty

I also don't get why events don't give dragon stones for finishing it on each difficulty except the very end with Z hard.

Its really dumb. Also Z hard should give you a 100% drop of event character for the amount of resources they make you use and the ridiculous buffs they have for their battles. Unless you have a full team of URs and all level 80+ at that, then the battle is moderately hard and worse if you only have SSRs.
If you are using an optimal team (no UR required) for event characters, you usually don't have to use items at all; I only have 1 UR and 80% of the time, it's not even on the team when farming for them. It's not dumb.

Exactly.. After you have completed all the quests, there is nothing left to do for getting dragon stones... I am getting stones from daily bonus only.. So it hurts when you wait for 5 days for single pull and then u get some shitty R

If you are using an optimal team (no UR required) for event characters, you usually don't have to use items at all; I only have 1 UR and 80% of the time, it's not even on the team when farming for them. It's not dumb.

Hmm could you give an example? This is assuming you don't have all 7 characters be strong against the type.

HawthorneKitty

Hmm could you give an example? This is assuming you don't have all 7 characters be strong against the type.
Then you should be working for that full-team.
So far we got chances for free:

6 Blue
5 Green
4 Purple
2 Red
4 Brown

If you aren't using stones+FP to fill the remaining to get at least 5/6, you have no right to complain about Z-hard. If you can't do Z-hard, then don't, it's not the end of the world; events come back frequently.

linkent

With the exception for Bojack, many strike boss can be beaten easily with +3ki/+3ki or +3/+dmg lead.
Will even be easier if you have -dmg% lead(Chilled/Android 17 on Blue boss)(Jeice on Phy boss)
Usually you need at least 5 stronger against type(Awakened), to make sure that you have 1 to reduce the damage of the boss.
Everyone will start by farming Hard till they get 1 of the strike character. Assuming you get one each. You will now have 2 of each types except for STR(only Cyborg Tao, Goku Grandpa will come next) awakened those, you will be able to make some solid team when they come back.
And farm them on Zhard then.

TLDR:
-Farm each types on hard if could not handle Zhard.
-Exploit the reduce dmg bug.
-Exploit the healing bug(if you have Frieza/Zarbon with metamorphosis link).

Okay. I did it .... shit..

SR Super Saiyan Vegeta TEQ
SR Super Saiyan 2 Gohan (green jumpsuit) PHY (atl east I can increase his super attack to level 2)
2 non-super saiyan kid Trunks TEQ
SR Piccolo AGL
R non-super saiyan teen Trunks AGL
R (Bardock's bald guy minion) STR
R Android #18 AGL
R Android #17 PHY
R kid Pan (or someone that looks like her) PHY

*pulls hair*

That's actually a better pull than most people have been getting (and way better than mine!). Most aren't even getting Saiyans... just a bunch of Ginyus and Rs.

JJP12

So I'm filling out a data restoration request and one of the required fields is listing all the cards I owned -___-

StMeph

So I'm filling out a data restoration request and one of the required fields is listing all the cards I owned -___-

Par for the course with other games of its kind too. You don't have to literally list all of them, but the more information you can provide, the better. Being able to give a card's name, level, and SA level all should be relevant in addition to the usual user ID, rank, and zeni amount.

JJP12

Yeah I ended up listing all the ssr and sr characters I could remember. I didn't think about adding the super attack levels. Too late now, hopefully I gave them enough info. They said it will take 10 business days. Maybe I'll get it back just in time for the Resurrection F summons. The blueray came in the mail today, can't wait to see what this blue hair is all about lol

Hiltz

I think I'm going to give up on the Japanese version soon. It's too frustrating to figure out the descriptions of various events, menus , story quests, dragon ball quest locations and so on.

Lagamorph

Think I'm going to start hoarding Dragon Stones. If the Japanese version has had guaranteed SSR events for multi-pulls then I might hold out. Not like I'm getting much from the guaranteed SR pulls or single pulls at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom