• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

SnakeEyes

Banned
If this were a telenovela my grandmother would be watching.
It's getting better too - Youtubers are also getting into the shit, with people posting supposed evidence that LivingIchigo (pretty prominent Dokkan streamer) was also knowingly cheating with his JP account that he was using for his streams/videos, even after vocally denouncing the practice.

Hope he gets banned, guy's a dick >.>

Tamanon

Banned
Only youtubers I really enjoy are Rhymestyle, Nanogenix, and sometimes Dmonty.

Nano's probably my favorite, just because he's never annoying. Rhyme can get too hyped sometimes, although it's pretty funny when he does.

It's getting better too - Youtubers are also getting into the shit, with people posting supposed evidence that LivingIchigo (pretty prominent Dokkan streamer) was also knowingly cheating with his JP account that he was using for his streams/videos, even after vocally denouncing the practice.

I was following him on Twitch WutFace. I unfollowed him, that'll show him!

SnakeEyes

Banned
Only streamer I watch (and by watch I mean look at once in a blue moon, when a recommended video shows up on the side of YT when I'm watching something else) is Nanogenix. Rhymestyle is okay, but his voice aggravates me.

Well somehow I managed to get both Buuhan + INT Vegeta. Green light? If I keep this, I should use further stones on the Broly banner?

dokkan.PNG

I'd say so. Spend stones where you feel lucky cause it's a limited resource, you've got lots of content to blast through as is with just powering up Buuhan and Vegeta.

Only streamer I watch (and by watch I mean look at once in a blue moon, when a recommended video shows up on the side of YT when I'm watching something else) is Nanogenix. Rhymestyle is okay, but his voice aggravates me.

I spend a lot of time on twitch, and subbed to a few people who mainly play Dark Souls or are just funny as shit. I only watched that Dokkan guy for a video guide on a event, never really watched him or any other DBZ streamer though.

Well somehow I managed to get both Buuhan + INT Vegeta. Green light? If I keep this, I should use further stones on the Broly banner?

dokkan.PNG

Grats! Rates on Broly's banner are not great, I might just save them stones if I were you. You've got the start of a good team here. Go through story mode and collect stones (you get 3 per stage, 1 for every difficulty, so do 'em all and collect the dragonballs! those wishes are important). When Buuhan's dokkan event comes back, remember to farm the card that drops from stage 1 that gives a 50% chance to raise his SA. Whatever you do, don't use elder kais on Buuhan. You might could use them on Vegeta, if you want. Dokkan events will be out of your reach for a while so don't worry about them yet. It's a lot of fun to gradually build up your team imo. Makes you really appreciate when you've got a strong enough team to just stomp all over them after all the hard work you had to do.

God damnit. Logged in and checked if there's anything to do. Nope, literally all content cleared on the frankly massive list of options on JPN. All elder Kais obtained. All useful units awakened. No new banner with anything I'm after on it. I've not even hit my 100 day log in.

It's amazing how quickly you can be at a complete end game state in this now.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

lol

How did that guy get so popular? I tried watching a video and moonwalked it out of there. I'll never fathom how youtube stardom works. But I do like to read about the drama.

It just occurred to me that Goku could be going mystic right there. x_x

Syntsui

Nanogenix is a great upbeat person, I couldn't care less about other dokkantubers. That Ichigo guy sounds like a dick, but whatever.

It just occurred to me that Goku could be going mystic right there. x_x

Oh god I really hope not. I'm pretty open to the power levels crap going on in super because it's bringing old characters back to relevance. If it turns out mystic is above SSG, SSB and SSBKK I don't know what I'll think, but I'm pretty sure I'll be pissed lol.

It just seems unnecessarily dumb. It's not like it pulls characters back in either so I can't see a reason. I really hope the theory is wrong since it basically means everything that happened since mystic has been bullshit since Gohan was already at that level and could have OHKO'D anyone.

TheAznOne

How did that guy get so popular? I tried watching a video and moonwalked it out of there. I'll never fathom how youtube stardom works. But I do like to read about the drama

That piece of shit takes credit for anything that has to do with Dokkan Battle. Whether it's a event strategy or "helping or advising" Bamco, this guy is the definition of plagiarism. Fucking sad some people actually believe him. There's other drama too involving him also recently besides the modding which people paid him to do for their accounts lol. I would avoid this fool if I were you.

For Dokkan youtubers, I recommend Rhyme who actually have contacts @ Bamco but over reacts in his videos alot, Nanogenix which I have never heard bad things about, D-Free and Nichigo.

Xanru

That's the current theory based on
Gohan surpassing Goku in the upcoming episode

I actually LaughingMan myself because he seems real down to earth.

Gohan isn't surpassing ssb goku with mystic alone. Might become God mystic though.

I enjoy watching DFree personally. Not to mention he's the last person with a meme left, all these dokkan youtubers killing their memes.

The feel when SSB Vegito one shots Broly on the Z hard difficulty for drop farming. Back before dupe system it required 2 supers. Now most high damage units can just one shot thanks to god leads.

Syntsui

General Blue is great I guess, but the risk of pulling anything else scares me.

Anyway, all the Arale fans in the West should feast on this banner!

Aiii

So not worth it
General Blue is great I guess, but the risk of pulling anything else scares me.

Anyway, all the Arale fans in the West should feast on this banner!

The Arale cards are all pretty great though, especially the AGL stunner and STR attack-all one.

Xanru

Got my PHY arale. I want Str and G.Blue, but I don't wanna push my luck any further. I was also hoping they'd do a short maintenance for this drop, just so we could get our WT rewards.

God damnit. Logged in and checked if there's anything to do. Nope, literally all content cleared on the frankly massive list of options on JPN. All elder Kais obtained. All useful units awakened. No new banner with anything I'm after on it. I've not even hit my 100 day log in.

It's amazing how quickly you can be at a complete end game state in this now.

Already done with the Goku Jr. event?

Syntsui

Boy, thanks for making me look into Arale, she is actually very good.

With this in mind, I've decided that the PHY one would be the most useful to me so I used my last 50 stones hoping to get her and General Blue for Stun Festival.

Ohhhh my God... Not only did I get the PHY Arale, I got Two of her + General Blue + Sourman. This is my second quadruple pull and even though one of the units was guaranteed, I still feel extremely lucky!

ffvorax

Boy, thanks for making me look into Arale, she is actually very good.

With this in mind, I've decided that the PHY one would be the most useful to me so I used my last 50 stones hoping to get her and General Blue for Stun Festival.

Ohhhh my God... Not only did I get the PHY Arale, I got Two of her + General Blue + Sourman. This is my second quadruple pull and even though one of the units was guaranteed, I still feel extremely lucky!

Grats! :)

Personally I will not pull anything on the banner, still tempted to try my luck on the Broly banner... but the only card I care of is Broly, so maybe is not so smart to do so and I should just keep my stones for the future banners....

PHY Arale is making me really want to pull on that banner. She's godlike and her SA is farmable. She's basically FP Frieza but for Super PHY. She's also currently the best true rainbow lead. hnnnng

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Got a whole bunch of trash but at least phy arale right away, finally got a goddamn rainbow lead!
I wonder if I should keep pulling for dupes/str arale, or just spend the rest on vegeta banner for the elusive buuhan.

MiTYH

I'm a simple man: I see GSSR, I pull. Wound up going 2/10, with PHY Arale and PHY Sourman. Sourman is just whatever, but that Arale seems nifty. I need stronger PHY units to go with Broly and Black, so... guess I'm gonna try this event! After I get my free 12 stones from these stages (14 with the missions, plus 2 more from the dokkan event).

Global's been good lately

Just to confirm, does the farmable Arale give a SA% up for the Phy one? And if so, is it worth it?

Aiii

So not worth it
What is the best Mono AGL team i can run besides my Extreme team?

I already had beerus in a team before I "rebirth" him, so the team cost is now higher than my cap lol.

Put Golden Freeza in there, today.

As long as your HP is above 50%, he can eat even Supers for <5000 dmg, you know, sometimes even double digits.

Whis is a free heal and he stuns, so keep him as a sub for Gohan for hard events.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Just to confirm, does the farmable Arale give a SA% up for the Phy one? And if so, is it worth it?
yes 50%
and lolyes absolutely worth it, all of them really even the free int one, but phy arale at sa10 will be even stronger on average than black.

Aiii

So not worth it
50% feeding SSR to another SSR/UR
100% if awakened to UR before feeding

Just don't DA the card you're training up, SSR/UR makes no difference.

Thanks.

You can reverse the DA now, so that's no longer really an issue.

The SSR/UR does make a difference when upping a DA'd card, as far as I remember, you can awaken the SSR to UR to increase from 5% to 50% AFAIK.

Of course you don't want to do that, because losing 10 Elder Kai medals is a bitch, but still, you could. :D

MiTYH

yes 50%
and lolyes absolutely worth it, all of them really even the free int one, but phy arale at sa10 will be even stronger on average than black.

Awesome, thanks. Doesn't help that I ran it full stamina yesterday and didn't get a single drop... Ah well, time to get farming I guess. Between needing the SA up, then Dokkan medals, this'll take some time.

How often does the event come back in JPN? Regular enough or should I be worried? I'll probably go for medals first anyway just to get them done, then farm, but still

Aiii

So not worth it
Awesome, thanks. Doesn't help that I ran it full stamina yesterday and didn't get a single drop... Ah well, time to get farming I guess. Between needing the SA up, then Dokkan medals, this'll take some time.

How often does the event come back in JPN? Regular enough or should I be worried? I'll probably go for medals first anyway just to get them done, then farm, but still

It just came back for the first time, so yeah, you want to get this done this time around.

The Arale drop is rare enough that I'd train them to UR rather than taking the 50% chance, personally. Still undecided if I'll pull. It's mighty tempting. PHY Arale is top-tier and will be highly desirable when the Super PHY lead is out.

yogloo

Phy arale is a beast. With 70% leader she does around 420k damage to neutrals. With dual 120% leader she will be doing 700k damage to neutrals. That is before any orbing.
And she is the best shocking speed leader.

Already done with the Goku Jr. event?

Sorta yeah. I mean I could farm for SA up on the droppable character but it's not really going to be a unit I ever use so it would be purely for collection purposes. Since its looking like rerolling on the anniversary is likely my way of playing I don't bother with collection characters anymore.

This is one downside of getting what you want. I got lucky to have all hero neo gods and a large number of gods and demi gods which is nice, but now I've nothing to work toward and most all content is a breeze.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm glad I have absolutely no inclination to pull on this banner. Still holding out for Merged Zamasu. I will have a villain team.

12.5% summon rates? That's only a 87.5% chance of total disappointment! Let's do this!

Edit: STR and AGL Arale, guess I can't complain! Actually yes I can, my first card in the summon was this turd lmao. So, I guess I should be trying to max the SAs for these two?

I feel like the entire dokkan community is sleeping on PHY Arale. There has never, and probably will never again, be a character this good, like absolute top-tier, on a GSSR banner. The only thing against her is the linkset, which is less than ideal, but not terrible (still has FB at least). She is going to be optimal on Super PHY, easily.

The only thing that's still giving me pause is... I just don't need her right now. Did this banner ever come back in Japan? Because whenever the Super PHY lead comes out I might want her, but until then I can wait.

Top Bottom