• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Syntsui

I feel like the entire dokkan community is sleeping on PHY Arale. There has never, and probably will never again, be a character this good, like absolute top-tier, on a GSSR banner. The only thing against her is the linkset, which is less than ideal, but not terrible (still has FB at least). She is going to be optimal on Super PHY, easily.

The only thing that's still giving me pause is... I just don't need her right now. Did this banner ever come back in Japan? Because whenever the Super PHY lead comes out I might want her, but until then I can wait.
Using her with two Broly leads, she doesn't link with anyone but almost always has more Ki than anyone lol. Her links are irrelevant, she is a goddess.

tariniel

I'd say so. Spend stones where you feel lucky cause it's a limited resource, you've got lots of content to blast through as is with just powering up Buuhan and Vegeta.

Fantastic, now hoard stones until SSJ4 banner and finish your team.

Grats! Rates on Broly's banner are not great, I might just save them stones if I were you. You've got the start of a good team here. Go through story mode and collect stones (you get 3 per stage, 1 for every difficulty, so do 'em all and collect the dragonballs! those wishes are important). When Buuhan's dokkan event comes back, remember to farm the card that drops from stage 1 that gives a 50% chance to raise his SA. Whatever you do, don't use elder kais on Buuhan. You might could use them on Vegeta, if you want. Dokkan events will be out of your reach for a while so don't worry about them yet. It's a lot of fun to gradually build up your team imo. Makes you really appreciate when you've got a strong enough team to just stomp all over them after all the hard work you had to do.

Thanks! I'm enjoying just playing through the story for now, I got to rank 11 so far and am having a good time.

When should I consider trying some of the stuff in the Event section? I assume all of it is too hard for me currently.

Also, if I play on several devices, do I have to do a device transfer every time? One of the other games I played let me play on any device I wanted as long as it was facebook sync'd, but I tried that on Dokkan and it automatically deletes my data and I have to facebook sync on every login. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I can still play on any device it seems, just an extra step unless I'm missing something.

denebj

Neo Member
Using her with two Broly leads, she doesn't link with anyone but almost always has more Ki than anyone lol. Her links are irrelevant, she is a goddess.

I do not think that Arale came back in JPN.

I did one multi - only wanted PHY Arale.
Got her + Blue + Orochi guy.

Will fit nicely in my PHY team ahahahah Time to farm now :-O

Thanks! I'm enjoying just playing through the story for now, I got to rank 11 so far and am having a good time.

When should I consider trying some of the stuff in the Event section? I assume all of it is too hard for me currently.

Also, if I play on several devices, do I have to do a device transfer every time? One of the other games I played let me play on any device I wanted as long as it was facebook sync'd, but I tried that on Dokkan and it automatically deletes my data and I have to facebook sync on every login. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I don't think this game lets you play on multiple devices easily, which is a hassle, but I only play on one device so idk.

You can probably do the story events in events sections, and since those are timed it's a good idea to run through them, like the Arale events that are on right now (minus the 40-50 stamina ones). Those tend to give stones for first clears too.

When you can beat early story mode events on hard, try events on normal. When you can do so on Z-hard, try hard. After that you should be far enough that you can use your own discretion on what events/difficulty to try. Hell, with your characters you could probably just go into most normal/hard events and win once you get some levels in.

Syntsui

Oh boy, these fodder Arale for the SA are going to be a pain in the ass, I'll probably have to use stones if I want to finish them before the event is over. I didn't even finish the Coola event >.>

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Oh boy, these fodder Arale for the SA are going to be a pain in the ass, I'll probably have to use stones if I want to finish them before the event is over. I didn't even finish the Coola event >.>
Ehh? Why rush?
Arale event is the last one to go.
Family broly goes on the 14th
Turles on the 18th
Cooler on the 21st
And arale on the 30th

You still have a shitton of time for even cooler.

I feel like the entire dokkan community is sleeping on PHY Arale. There has never, and probably will never again, be a character this good, like absolute top-tier, on a GSSR banner. The only thing against her is the linkset, which is less than ideal, but not terrible (still has FB at least). She is going to be optimal on Super PHY, easily.

The only thing that's still giving me pause is... I just don't need her right now. Did this banner ever come back in Japan? Because whenever the Super PHY lead comes out I might want her, but until then I can wait.

The Arale banner was just back up again before Gogeta dropped if it's the same one with suppaman etc on.

MiTYH

Forgive me for my innocence, but what makes her god-tier? I saw on the wiki she has a chance to get "massive atk raise" for 1 turn, but what does that entail exactly?

Syntsui

So let me see if I understand PHY Arale:

Super atk: N'cha Cannon -N'cha Cannon x100 (30% chance)
So there is 30% chance that she will use an even more powerful version of her super?

Passive skill: N'cha! - ATK +120% when performing a Super Attack
Her immense damage super will alway have a 120% increase, hmm.

What is the multiplier of N'cha Cannon x100? I assume it's 100%, so if it triggers, her immense super can get a bonus 220% on top of it? Best PHY in the game, has easy to farm SA and I pulled a dupe for the right path.... WHEW!!

So yall are saying I should pull on this banner. I'm at 40 stones, grinding through the Arale event to 50. Was going to save them but.... that PHY looks pretty tempting.

Forgive me for my innocence, but what makes her god-tier? I saw on the wiki she has a chance to get "massive atk raise" for 1 turn, but what does that entail exactly?

1) Immense damage super (relatively easily farmable up to SA10)
2) 120% increase attack passive
3) 30% chance for even more powerful Super (not sure on the stats exactly)
4) Currently best true rainbow lead in the game until Masked Saiyan

Like, she's arguably better than SSB Vegeta. That combined with her being on a GSSR banner, so there's a good chance you can get her and maybe even a dupe or 2, just makes her really attractive to pull for.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I'm planning to do one multi once I hit 50 stones. STR Arale would give me an excuse to make a STR team to make use of all those LR Broly friends during WT and PHY seems like a solid unit and could give me a fun rainbow leader. But with my luck in this game lately, I'll pull neither.

PHY Arale is a great card but I just don't have a team for her

She can justify a spot on a Super team pretty easily if you don't have the very best units but yeah, Super PHY just isn't hot until they get a new lead, which isn't even out in Japan yet, so it'll be a while before she really gets to shine. That's why I probably won't pull on this until the next time this banner comes around and by then we'll know what's up with the future of PHY. Advantages of playing on Global.

Arrrammis

Did a multi because why not, got PHY Arale and 2x AGL Arale. Not sure if the AGL version is worth the dupe system, gonna decide later.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
lol it's not "shit", it's the same modifier as extreme, which maxes out at 355% I think. Which is decent considering it attacks all enemies.
Ofcourse supreme is better, but I think only lr broly has an atrack all with supreme damage.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Extreme is shit. It's why you had to nuke with aoes in WT before Broly. Broly has Colossal on his aoe super which is less than Extreme at sa10. Though his passive makes up for that and when he makes it to sa20 it's basically Supreme multiplier.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Damn, I want him and some orb manipulators for STR. Hopefully I'll pull him on SSJ4 banner.

He gets a dokkan with that banner as well that gives him a golden great ape transformation. I'm looking forward to that.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Does that mean he gets a chance to fuck up your nuking shenanigans?

I suppose, but I (and I imagine most people) are more interested in him as a sub on a STR team than for his nuke lead. He also gets the Saiyan Roar link after you dokkan, which is a 25% attack link with SSJ4.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Extreme is shit. It's why you had to nuke with aoes in WT before Broly. Broly has Colossal on his aoe super which is less than Extreme at sa10. Though his passive makes up for that and when he makes it to sa20 it's basically Supreme multiplier.

Nah disagree, changing any random character from extreme to supreme only adds like ~10k damage.
It only makes a bigger difference if the character has a bunch of atk% links or passive you can take advantage of.
Like if we take ssj2 gt goku as an example with double 70% leads:

supreme no passive sa1/sa10
66k - 115k
Supreme passive sa1/sa10
91k - 157k

extreme no passive sa1/sa10
58k - 95k
extreme passive sa1/sa10
80k - 130k

At SA1 the difference would only be 8k! if he didn't have his passive for the attack boost. I don't understand how a difference of 8k suddenly makes extreme "shit"
And with his passive the difference barely reaches 27k damage at SA10.

So even though str arale only has extreme, she also has a very nice 70% atk boost, which will make her do more damage than units that have supreme, but no strong attack boost passive.

I did it, I've passed the test. The temptation has subsided, I've realized I don't have a need for any of the banner units right now, and I will skip the Arale banner. I feel like Galadriel after she resists Frodo's offer in Fellowship.

The first day is the hardest. I'll be fine. I only did one single on Vegeta as well and it gave me Buuhan and I quit. I have a will of steel!

Also helps that I have Broly and am basically set for the next meta shift if I pull SS4 Goku/Janemba. Or even if I don't, probably.

Meneses

I'm not spending any stones on this banner because

a) I spent every stone on the Legendary R and SR banner.

b) I hate these characters.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
It only makes a bigger difference if the character has a bunch of atk% links or passive you can take advantage of.
But that's exactly what STR Arale is, or could have been. Having supreme damage wouldnt affect her usefulness in WT but could make her more worthwhile outside of WT on normal events.

I think using that Goku is a weird example, under double leads it's almost impossible not to have his passive up, he's also a character that scales very poorly with leads since his passive is a flat boost so his damage is going to bad no matter what.

I suppose, but I (and I imagine most people) are more interested in him as a sub on a STR team than for his nuke lead. He also gets the Saiyan Roar link after you dokkan, which is a 25% attack link with SSJ4.

Was just speaking from a WT perspective. Neither application is applicable to me anyways lol.

The temptation has subsided, I've realized I don't have a need for any of the banner units right now

But you don't NOT have a need for them right?

Fox1304

Crap, got PHY Arale. (And a shitload of Kame Sennin and Satan)
Edit : totally shuffled the different Arales :D Crap = awesome actually

Man screw Arale and all those gag characters. Only thing worth pulling imo is General Blue if stunning was important to me.

I have all good leads except Godtenks and Broly. I'm set until Neo Gods come out so its save a ton of stones for now.

Top Bottom