• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

So i did what you guys said and got my whole team awakened. Now what units should i be looking out for to replace others on my team?

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/5S1P6qs.png[/IMG]

MiTYH

Trying to put together the *perfect* Super AGL team. Here's what I've got so far, looking for input:

SSJ4 Vegeta (Leader)
Super Vegito (Counters/Links)
SSBKK Goku (Hits hard/ Ki battery)
WT Beerus (Lowers DEF/Links well with others)
Whis (Healer)

I've got an open spot for a Goku, not sure who to bring. This SSJ Goku has a stun chance and SA is 10 thanks to those instant transmission Gokus, while This SSJ3 Goku has a lot more attack and Fierce battle. Leaning towards the latter, but still.

Additionally, while I love my Beerus (even at SA 1, he wasn't a true WT win but from a ticket later), I'm open to suggestions in swapping him. He gives good links with Shocking Speed, but there might be better.

Notable strong SUPER AGL Units I have:
- Family Teen Gohan (I have 2 dupes and SA currently 1)
- SSB SSJ Goku (Can't use without removing SSBKK)
- SSG Goku (Red hair one, doens't seem to be that special)
- SSJ GT Goku
- All Strike Characters

Meneses

Can't wait for the 3+1 deal to go away in a couple days so we finally get some free stones from all those number 1s on the app store, I need the Elder Kai pull.

Arrrammis

So i did what you guys said and got my whole team awakened. Now what units should i be looking out for to replace others on my team?

Code:

For now you should focus on ranking up so that you can have more team points. At the moment you won't be able to use any units or Dokkan Awaken any of your current cards because you won't be able to fit them into your team.

Trying to put together the *perfect* Super AGL team. Here's what I've got so far, looking for input:

SSJ4 Vegeta (Leader)
Whis (Healer)

I've got an open spot for a Goku, not sure who to bring. This SSJ Goku has a stun chance and SA is 10 thanks to those instant transmission Gokus, while This SSJ3 Goku has a lot more attack and Fierce battle. Leaning towards the latter, but still.

Additionally, while I love my Beerus (even at SA 1, he wasn't a true WT win but from a ticket later), I'm open to suggestions in swapping him. He gives good links with Shocking Speed, but there might be better.

- SSJ GT Goku
- All Strike Characters

SSG Goku is really really strong. He's kind of falling out of flavor thanks to the power creep, but I'm sure he'll get a dokkan and be right back in there. His super hits like a truck thanks to his passive, and his stats in general are very good (particularly his defense wtf). Also he has shocking speed which links with your entire team.

SSJ3 Goku is also really strong. He hits hard those first 7 turns.

Here's what I'd go with:

SSJ4 Vegeta (Lead)
Super Vegito
SSBKK Goku
Whis
SSG Goku
SSJ3 Goku

For reference, I just beat Super3 Boss Rush with that team, subbing SSJ3 Goku with Golden Frieza.

MiTYH

SSG Goku is really really strong. He's kind of falling out of flavor thanks to the power creep, but I'm sure he'll get a dokkan and be right back in there. His super hits like a truck thanks to his passive, and his stats in general are very good (particularly his defense wtf). Also he has shocking speed which links with your entire team.

SSJ3 Goku is also really strong. He hits hard those first 7 turns.

Here's what I'd go with:

SSJ4 Vegeta (Lead)
Super Vegito
SSBKK Goku
Whis
SSG Goku
SSJ3 Goku

For reference, I just beat Super3 Boss Rush with that team, subbing SSJ3 Goku with Golden Frieza.

Interesting, I need to beat that as well. I've got Golden Frieza as well, but I didn't think it'd be worth it bringing along due to the not-as-great bonuses. Did you run into any issues with the run? I'll give that team a shot later tonight

Interesting, I need to beat that as well. I've got Golden Frieza as well, but I didn't think it'd be worth it bringing along due to the not-as-great bonuses. Did you run into any issues with the run? I'll give that team a shot later tonight

Golden Frieza is a must because his passive is so dumb.
Outside of a few dumb mistakes, I had no issues until the second to last stage - Merged Zamasu. As someone said a few pages ago, he will kill the shit out of you.
I will addendum - All of my cards except Golden Frieza are SA10, and Super Vegito has his bot-right potential path opened up.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I gotta say i love Rainbow Heroes/Villian teams...going back to mono color is kinda a bummer, but SSJ4 Vegeta friends are so powerful that it would be crazy to not use them for the Goku event.

Still my Villian team kicksass for now....SSJ4 Vegeta is getting bodied Rose, Fusion Zamasu and Black Supers...and since i have TEQ olden Frieza and actually understand how his passive works the clear rate is 100%.

Would have been even better if i had pulled Goku or Vegeta ...lol.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member

Code:

You need to go play story mode to rank up fast, the second you dokkan one of those chars you're going to be waaaaay over team cost.

Golden Frieza is a must because his passive is so dumb.
Outside of a few dumb mistakes, I had no issues until the second to last stage - Merged Zamasu. As someone said a few pages ago, he will kill the shit out of you.
I will addendum - All of my cards except Golden Frieza are SA10, and Super Vegito has his bot-right potential path opened up.

Thanks for your post, i died on Zamasu earlier and i feel like Frieza would help a lot ahah

SSJ4 Vegeta SA10 / Super Vegito SA10 / SSGBKK / SSGB Vegeta / Goku Black Rose / Whis / SSJ4 Vegeta Friend was my previous team, , i guess i should switch Rose or Vegeta for Frieza ??

Thanks for your post, i died on Zamasu earlier and i feel like Frieza would help a lot ahah

SSJ4 Vegeta SA10 / Super Vegito SA10 / SSGBKK / SSGB Vegeta / Goku Black Rose / Whis / SSJ4 Vegeta Friend was my previous team, , i guess i should switch Rose or Vegeta for Frieza ??

Yeah I'd take out Rose. It's crazy because his card is so freaking good but every since SS4 Vegeta I've done wayyy better by replacing him. Switch him for GF then it's your call on the rest. I'm still partial to SSG Goku but your mileage may vary.

SSJ4 Vegeta (Leader)
Whis (Healer)

- SSJ GT Goku
- All Strike Characters

Don't sleep on this SSJ goku, who is in the baba shop for peanuts http://dbz-dokkanbattle.wikia.com/wiki/Proof_of_Tough_Trainings_Super_Saiyan_Goku

It may be more beneficial to bring him for the ki/attack buff than bringing an SA1 hitter like SSG, but that's up to you.

It's at this point where if you have both AGL SSB and SSBKK, you want to start investing more in regular SSB Goku

Debatable. If you haven't already invested heavily in SSBKK and you have SSJ4 Vegeta, then yes. If, like me, you don't have SSJ4 Vegeta and you run SSBKK on a Super team, SSBKK is better. His linkset is too godly too. I'd say in general the difference is negligible enough to where you're fine just sticking with whatever one you've already invested in.

L Thammy

Decided to use the rest of my gems. Thinking it may be time for some housekeeping.

haulcnl83.png

So it looks like SSJ4 Goku, Vegito, Goku Black, and Gogeta are the best in general. Androids 17&18 and Mr. Satan have potential to go LR but I probably won't do that any time soon.

Golden Freeza and Full Power Freeza are good, but not as good. SSB Goku, SSJ3 Kid Goku (red), and Baby I should hang onto because they're good in one-colour teams.

The rest I can get rid of if I don't need them for a particular team.

Sounds right?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Decided to use the rest of my gems. Thinking it may be time for some housekeeping.

So it looks like SSJ4 Goku, Vegito, Goku Black, and Gogeta are the best in general. Androids 17&18 and Mr. Satan have potential to go LR but I probably won't do that any time soon.

Golden Freeza and Full Power Freeza are good, but not as good. SSB Goku, SSJ3 Kid Goku (red), and Baby I should hang onto because they're good in one-colour teams.

The rest I can get rid of if I don't need them for a particular team.

Sounds right?

Sell everyone except for that SR Yamcha.

But for real, you generally don't want to get rid of any pulled SSR's. There are exceptions of course, but a lot of people live by the "what if they get a great dokkan later?" FOMO.

I need 23 stones so I can do 1 more pull on SSJ4 Vegeta, I have no deals in the stone store except for the freaking $70 :(. I really don't feel like spending $70 for disappointment. GIVE US STONES FOR #1 DAMMIT!

Skii

Can't wait for the 3+1 deal to go away in a couple days so we finally get some free stones from all those number 1s on the app store, I need the Elder Kai pull.

Who said that? JP got their top grossing stones during the 3+1. Pretty scummy by global if they are holding it back.

Meneses

Who said that? JP got their top grossing stones during the 3+1. Pretty scummy by global if they are holding it back.

No one said it, i'm just thinking they'll hold it back as late as possible.

I think they did something similar in the VB / Rose banners, or some other 3+1.

No one said it, i'm just thinking they'll hold it back as late as possible.

I think they did something similar in the VB / Rose banners, or some other 3+1.

i want to say they did exactly that, gave free stones after the 3+1. And sometimes they just do nothing, like when we reached #1 again when LR Broly came out because we'd just gotten the Rose/VB stones the week before or something.

Also apparently WT starts on the 19th? didn't see it in the news but reddit sez so

They gave us stuff both for LR Broly and for VB/Rose.

Wasn't it just orbs? Welcome nevertheless

Ashodin

LR Broly is the fucking truth

I can smash any event with him + SSJ4 Goku / LR Broly frand

Goddamn is 20 SA powerful af

Also I got Super Vegito finally so I can have a legit AGL team

Also dokkan'd PHY Gotenks. We getting to LR fam

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
i want to say they did exactly that, gave free stones after the 3+1. And sometimes they just do nothing, like when we reached #1 again when LR Broly came out because we'd just gotten the Rose/VB stones the week before or something.

Also apparently WT starts on the 19th? didn't see it in the news but reddit sez so

Wasn't it just orbs? Welcome nevertheless

Nope. It was orbs but also stones for both. The stones during VB/Rose did go out after the 3+1 was gone though.

denebj

Neo Member
Quick question on for the dupes.
I have :
- Vegito with 2 path open
- Gotenk with 2 path open
- Buuhan with 2 path open
- Broly with 4 path open
- Omega with 4 path open

Should I pick Vegito or Gotenk for the blue stone ? (I have optimum team for TEQ and AGL).
I think Vegito should be the better choice ?

Tamanon

Banned
I have :
- Broly with 4 path open
- Omega with 4 path open

Should I pick Vegito or Gotenk for the blue stone ? (I have optimum team for TEQ and AGL).

Vegito is absolutely silly with dupes unlocked. Like a goddamn truck.

Shouta

Man, I saved up another 100 stones since I last posted and did the 2+1 I had left and didn't get SS4 Goku. Only got TEQ SSB Goku and a Dupe pan. Nasty. =(

Oh well, if I can save more, it's going to the Kais now but I dunno if I'll be able to get that much lol

At least my LR Gohan is at 7/10 right now and i'm at like 50 medals from the Cell Games.

I have :
- Broly with 4 path open
- Omega with 4 path open

Vegito, hands down. Counters are ridiculous with crits and bonus stats.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Forgot I had all those mission left to clear super strike without continues.
So did 2 of them to get me over 50 stones for my last 1+1 summon.

Finally VB...the weird thing is I never really chased this card, even with the dual banner I went all in on Rosé, which I'm clearly not allowed to pull.
Dupe GF is good, dupe baby vegeta also good.

Free pull was obv a bunch of shit, LR pull was a statue ofc.

I might just get enough DS to do 1 more pull. I have 38, the two anniversary medal battles will get me to 40. Gokus event brings me to 42, the 4+1 stone gets me 47, and if two more events come out tomorrow that's 49. 3 get one free doesn't end for 33hrs which means I can still get that 2 DS log in. Wooooo. This pull should give me my free one.

Khansolo1

https://dbz.space/box/Khansolo97
So my str team is:
Ss4 goku
Super gogeta
Roar of dead lssg supersaiyan
Ss3 goku gt
Systemic Victory Perfect cell
New evolution ss3 vegeta
None are DA

But I need help building my AGL,TEQ,INT,PHY
Also I have three Super Baby 2's. Should I use them to raise SA or for Hidden Potential?
Also want to do the Dokkan event for ss4 goku, but I am not sure if I am strong enough

linkent

https://dbz.space/box/Khansolo97
So my str team is:
Ss4 goku
Super gogeta
Roar of dead lssg supersaiyan
Ss3 goku gt
Systemic Victory Perfect cell
New evolution ss3 vegeta
None are DA

But I need help building my AGL,TEQ,INT,PHY
Also I have three Super Baby 2's. Should I use them to raise SA or for Hidden Potential?
Also want to do the Dokkan event for ss4 goku, but I am not sure if I am strong enough

i would replace LSSJ Broly to Buutenks.
OiAF Links with 3 members. Seal opponent SA.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I might just get enough DS to do 1 more pull. I have 38, the two anniversary medal battles will get me to 40. Gokus event brings me to 42, the 4+1 stone gets me 47, and if two more events come out tomorrow that's 49. 3 get one free doesn't end for 33hrs which means I can still get that 2 DS log in. Wooooo. This pull should give me my free one.

There's at least 12 stones coming with the new GT story which starts after maintenance.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Best of luck to you, I'm giving you my luck.
latest

Durden77

When does maintenance start? Tryin to decide on spending a stone on stamina.

Power up

tumblr_nxsc0xsWMK1uuj1vto2_500.gif

ffvorax

On my last 50 stones pull I got:
Goku Black (PHY)
and the new dokkanable Trunks (STR)

Gonna up Black to SA10 once his event is up.

Is the Trunks any good? Should I bother awakening and then dokkan him?

Xanru

On my last 50 stones pull I got:
Goku Black (PHY)
and the new dokkanable Trunks (STR)

Gonna up Black to SA10 once his event is up.

Is the Trunks any good? Should I bother awakening and then dokkan him?

Trunks is optimal super str, and a good unit in general, essentially a better STR SSB Vegeta due to higher base stats. Makes for a decent super STR alternate lead if you don't have ss4 Goku.

ffvorax

Trunks is optimal super str, and a good unit in general, essentially a better STR SSB Vegeta due to higher base stats. Makes for a decent super STR alternate lead if you don't have ss4 Goku.

Ok nice, so it's also good to take it to SA10... gonna save all the dupe trunks SR/R I get to see if they give a change to up the SA...

Top Bottom