• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Yaari

I think I will try that Hermit stage for a bit. I hate how the Spider stage only gives a B at best. Surely a stage out there has a A or something?

Ventara

Man, 80 million to 60? I might not finish this today. And I STILL have yet to get a single Blackaria essence. I'll probably do Greysoul first since here's no way I'm buying essences.

I think I will try that Hermit stage for a bit. I hate how the Spider stage only gives a B at best. Surely a stage out there has a A or something?

Hermit stage is pretty good for farming. I switched yesterday to it and it's just as easy as the spider boss. No As yet, but you occasionally get 5 part stages and the equipment drops are different, so I get some new stuff to equip to my guys.

Yaari

Got a nice shield for a possible Deathcrown now.
Fiercely Blazing Shield

It has All Resist, DEF Increase, Max HP, Immunity.

Perhaps Stamina on it would have been better, but I guess I can't complain on this one either. Hopefully I can get a Long Sword with it, so I get the 2 set bonus there as well.

Edit: As I finish this message, Deathcrown Essence #9.

I think I'm going to sacrifice my Dark Lance. If its a better tank than him, I'll use that, if not, Deathcrown is next.

Uthred

Man, 80 million to 60? I might not finish this today. And I STILL have yet to get a single Blackaria essence. I'll probably do Greysoul first since here's no way I'm buying essences.

Hermit stage is pretty good for farming. I switched yesterday to it and it's just as easy as the spider boss. No As yet, but you occasionally get 5 part stages and the equipment drops are different, so I get some new stuff to equip to my guys.

I've got the opposite problem, five Blackaria essences so far, no SSS healer. The spider stage seemed to give a bit more xp than the hermit stage, but A's make it worth it

Yaari

Dark Lance + Sorcerer Mer turned into a High Commander Patta.

Sounds like an upgraded Dark Lance. But not sure if I'm keeping it. Still has no Taunt.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Dark Lance + Sorcerer Mer turned into a High Commander Patta.

Sounds like an upgraded Dark Lance. But not sure if I'm keeping it. Still has no Taunt.

Taunt is a bit overrated imo. I prefer better actives/passives. Attack debuff of 39% is pretty huge. Patta is great and is still rated pretty highly on korean tier lists (if you put any stock into that).

garath

Well I finally have my full party of MAX SSS except for my MAX SS viri healer of course. I have max pirate Byron, max captain turq, max dark arrow farq. In my backups I have a +5 dark mage pari, +2 gar and a windlune.

What a difference max SSS makes. I used to struggle with the myth dailies. No more. Just turn it on and ignore it till its done.

Still need to equip captain turq better though. She's my newest.

And need lots and lots of SSS to ascend theses guys lol.

I do have a ton of SS just need to work on maxing them. Guess my next round of rubies will go toward that.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Fiercely Blazing Shield

Perhaps Stamina on it would have been better, but I guess I can't complain on this one either. Hopefully I can get a Long Sword with it, so I get the 2 set bonus there as well.

I think I'm going to sacrifice my Dark Lance. If its a better tank than him, I'll use that, if not, Deathcrown is next.

Make sure to save an extra 10 more essences and S,A for after you deify him. You gimp yourself really bad going from ultimate to level 1 character

Chaos17

Hahahaha, how to win a GB when everything was against you ?!
Summon Shabelle twice!

wHkmWPl.png

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

JigsawX

Man 150+ tickets for today for raiding and and my 3rd SSS gloves and one SSS quiver. Saw so many SSS but none for me :/. Lots of them in chests though.

Yaari

Man 150+ tickets for today for raiding and and my 3rd SSS gloves and one SSS quiver. Saw so many SSS but none for me :/. Lots of them in chests though.

I've been going through so many tickets and I'm only getting weapons. I got a nice chest, but I don't know what I'll do with it. Bleh.

JigsawX

I've been going through so many tickets and I'm only getting weapons. I got a nice chest, but I don't know what I'll do with it. Bleh.

Yea also failing 1 out of every 7/8 raids because people don't want to use scrolls or everyone gets gibbed all at once somehow

Fiercely Blazing Shield

Does DDC use a shield? Because regular DC is dual wield swords

Uthred

So if I want to ascend a warrior, should i go for Deathcrown or Gram? Both are already at +Max

It depends, if you think of it in terms of roles then you would want to ascend Gram, the ADC will take his place as a (superior) tank and you can still use Deathcrown in your main party as DPS. On the other hand you may want two tanks for some reason (lab perhaps?) and if you ascend a Mage/Rogue/Archer they will be replacing Deatcrown as DPS in the long run

sensui-tomo

So if I want to ascend a warrior, should i go for Deathcrown or Gram? Both are already at +Max

Ascend DC, he is lower tiered on some of the korean tier lists, compared to Gram, who is still higher on the lists.. i'd say none because of their party ruby things (like having mercedes with them would enable 3 party effects)

Ventara

Got to the last stage of S2, though it's giving me some trouble. Might have to wait until I reach lv 60 for it. In other news, I went back and mopped the floor with Pata and Gram on Myth.

Don't get rid of Gram. He's the second best tank in the game. He'll come in handy.

Cybolt

I've started grinding exp with +gold accessories instead of +exp. drags it out longer, but in a way that makes essence grinding less boring

That seems like a good idea. Getting to 60 is important but it does make the grind for gold a little less annoying since you should have more of it by the end.

Yaari

Yeah I use a single 20% accessory. I wish I had more.
I wonder how much gold it will cost to go from MAX+1 to ULTIMATE.
I'm on 1mil now, and I'm going to need so much more. Haha.

I'd ascend a different warrior, like my good scrub Tyran.

Seriously, If you have a Gnoll or something, ascend him to Draco Deathcrown instead.

At the moment, I just got Commander Pata so I'm not sure how he will turn out with the equipment set I have for him.

Rurunaki

Uhmm... I think I messed up :( I went to the season 2 map without finishing the season 1 myth map.. anyway to get back to the old map?

Edit: Found it.. couldn't be more subtle >_<

I'd ascend a different warrior, like my good scrub Tyran.

Seriously, If you have a Gnoll or something, ascend him to Draco Deathcrown instead.

At the moment, I just got Commander Pata so I'm not sure how he will turn out with the equipment set I have for him.

Dont have another warrior, plus i kinda don't feel like spending the units to max another. I feel like DDC would be strictly superior to either gram or dc, so it's not like it would be a sidegrade anyway.

Dont have another warrior, plus i kinda don't feel like spending the units to max another. I feel like DDC would be strictly superior to either gram or dc, so it's not like it would be a sidegrade anyway.

I'd recommend keeping Gram. He has amazing survivability in Labyrinth, GB, and Arena. Looking at Draco DC's skills and stats, he's a good match/partner for Gram.

The problem here is that if you haven't done the party buff rubies for Deathcrown, you'll be missing out on that possibly permanently.

KimChi

I would choose DC mainly because he doesn't have invulnerability while draco DC does combined with taunt.
Invulnerability aside, he isnt that great to begin with compared to other SSS units anyways, gram is way more useful than DC.

Pakman

Yeah I use a single 20% accessory. I wish I had more.
I wonder how much gold it will cost to go from MAX+1 to ULTIMATE.
I'm on 1mil now, and I'm going to need so much more. Haha.

Max +4 to ultimate takes 800k to give you an idea. So its worth waiting for the 30% off enhancement bonus if you don't have a lot.

Yaari

Max +4 to ultimate takes 800k to give you an idea. So its worth waiting for the 30% off enhancement bonus if you don't have a lot.

I plan on doing so yeah. Looks like that's a daily buff. But I doubt I got enough time to gather the remaining funds today.

Cybolt

Ugh, I really dislike the prompt when you have less than 4 inventory spaces for Chapter 2 dungeons. Instead of taking you to your inventory so you can manage things, it sends you back to the Inn instead. It's a few extra clicks that adds up when you're trying to spend 100+ shoes.

KimChi

Ugh, I really dislike the prompt when you have less than 4 inventory spaces for Chapter 2 dungeons. Instead of taking you to your inventory so you can manage things, it sends you back to the Inn instead. It's a few extra clicks that adds up when you're trying to spend 100+ shoes.

Its really annoying, going back to the inn from having full inventory makes no sense.
It honestly annoys me so much that I'm tempted to expand storage slots since I have equips saved up.
Only way to have it redirect straight to inventory is to exit after you finish the dungeon and click a dungeon on the map, then it will give option to go straight to inventory.

commish

Its really annoying, going back to the inn from having full inventory makes no sense.
It honestly annoys me so much that I'm tempted to expand storage slots since I have equips saved up.
Only way to have it redirect straight to inventory is to exit after you finish the dungeon and click a dungeon on the map, then it will give option to go straight to inventory.

That's what I do instead of going right to the inn.

I also cleared up a bunch of junk I had in my inventory. I'm never going to need those level 50/55 items - they all became fuse fodder. That freed up so much space.

Uthred

Yeah its a weird oversight, as mentioned the only quickish way around it is to select Ok which brings you to the Ally list, X out of that, hit the dungeon again and use the Inventory option there. Just weird they didnt use the same shortcut instead of the weird back to inn option

Ventara

Just finished the new area and unlocked the Phoenix raid. Bloodwind was a joke. Getting past Whay was the hard part.

Edit: Damn, I need to be lv 60 for the new raid. Not surprising, but it means I won't be able to grind it until tomorrow.

Limit

I have a question about upcoming (who knows when) ascended angels. Are there going to be essence drops unique to them as well? And is there an ascended angel of a particular class that's better than current crop of ascended units? It's going to take me a few weeks to get enough SSS units and ascend my next unit and I don't want all that work to be thrown wayside by an ascended angel of the same class.

Ventara

I have a question about upcoming (who knows when) ascended angels. Are there going to be essence drops unique to them as well? And is there an ascended angel of a particular class that's better than current crop of ascended units? It's going to take me a few weeks to get enough SSS units and ascend my next unit and I don't want all that work to be thrown wayside by an ascended angel of the same class.

They're relatively the same in terms of usefulness, so you don't have to worry about the Draco units becoming obsolete once the angels release. Having said that, looking at them, I think Farael and Piyoel are better than Blackaria and Brightspark, respectively.

*Please note that I'm comparing these guys to the current Draco units we have, who may receive buffs with future updates and may actually turn out to be stronger.*

Info courtesy of Livi's Corner.

Farael
No revive, but a passive that prevents instant death and gives 10% less damage, and a skill that reflects 28% of incoming damage for the entire party sound awesome.
Farael.jpg

Normal attack removes a debuff from ally

Skills:
(Active)
-Recovers 673% HP for one party member and heals for 94% HP per second for 36 sec.
[Cooldown: 16,2 sec]

Recovers 95% HP for all party members for 18 sec.
[Cooldown: 22,6 sec]

Enhances all party members. Reflects 28% incoming damage and enhances DEF (?) by 24% for 21 sec.
[Cooldown: 25,9 sec]

(Passive)
Increases HP Recovery by 10% when healing a party member.

Party members are immune to instant death and receive 10% less damage.

Piyoel
Those are some HUGE AOE damage skills.
Piyoel.jpg

Normal attack reduces enemy's ATK speed

Skills:
(Active)
Inflicts 1137% damage to a single target.
[Cooldown: 13 sec]

Inflicts 558% damage to all enemies amd reduces their EVA (?) by 125 for 10 sec.
[Cooldown: 17 sec]

Inflicts 698% damage to all enemies and removes a buff.
[Cooldown: 19,8 sec]

(Passive)
Increases all party members' INT by 10%.

Inflicts 1063% damage to all enemies when Piyoel dies.
[Cooldown: 40,4 sec]

I'd say Kamiel is a better tank than Deathcrown, but she's a Paladin, so you need Tiel or Ari to get her. Also, the Angels are split over 3 different updates, with Farael being in the 2nd one and Piyoel and Kamiel being in the 3rd one, so you might have to wait a while if you want them.

KimChi

All i've heard and read about regarding them so far is that tiel/ari make an angel unit that is basically the best tank in the game cause her regular attack is aoe and chance to stun.
Oh and if you have belle snow keep her, she ascends into a unit(don't think its an angel) that can summon any of the ascended units(unless im wrong on that correct me :p).

I took at look in the korean version and they do have an essence. The shop only had 3 different essences for sale.
Since there are only 3 I assume the current draco essences will eventually be combined into 1 essence that works for all the draco units, likewise for the angels and the other ascension allies idk what they are called. Which is annoying cause it would've been nice if they unified draco essences now instead of later, but money.

commish

12 more premium pulls, all As. That's 34 As in a row from premium pulls. I don't know how you guys get anything but As.

All i've heard and read about regarding them so far is that tiel/ari make an angel unit that is basically the best tank in the game cause her regular attack is aoe and chance to stun.
Oh and if you have belle snow keep her, she ascends into a unit(don't think its an angel) that can summon any of the ascended units(unless im wrong on that correct me :p).

I took at look in the korean version and they do have an essence. The shop only had 3 different essences for sale.
Since there are only 3 I assume the current draco essences will eventually be combined into 1 essence that works for all the draco units, likewise for the angels and the other ascension allies idk what they are called. Which is annoying cause it would've been nice if they unified draco essences now instead of later, but money.

Wow, you people forgot this translation so quickly:

Top Bottom