• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Ventara

12 more premium pulls, all As. That's 34 As in a row from premium pulls. I don't know how you guys get anything but As.

I think you may have the worst luck amongst us. You must've pissed off RNGesus or something. I think a blood sacrifice might appease him.

Limit

That's some solid info. I'll focus my energy on ascending into greysoul then. And the summoner class sounds fantastic.

12 more premium pulls, all As. That's 34 As in a row from premium pulls. I don't know how you guys get anything but As.

Not quite that bad of a luck but I have gotten exactly one SS unit from premium pulls. The rest have mostly been all As and some Ss. Shocked at those who managed to get an SSS unit from pulling.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Not quite that bad of a luck but I have gotten exactly one SS unit from premium pulls. The rest have mostly been all As and some Ss. Shocked at those who managed to get an SSS unit from pulling.

If I pulled an SS, I would probably pass out. :)

I'm sure my luck will turn around soon. In FFRK, I was pulling 3-stars only for the longest time and then I had a rash of 5 star items.

JigsawX

Man this new chapter has taken all my gold. Used to have a ton and now I'm watching it careful. Enchanting all this new gear is costly

Man this new chapter has taken all my gold. Used to have a ton and now I'm watching it careful. Enchanting all this new gear is costly

Same here. Is it just me or is the enhance cost actually increasing? To take an SSS from +7 to +MAX is like 25k gold, I don't remember it being that much at level 50. It's at least 120k to max a single piece of equipment.

Holy shitballs I just made it to round 33 of Labyrinth. I'm at rank 67 now (or I will be anyway when it updates at the end of the hour).

What really did it was continually enhancing my Gram and main character (also tank) and getting lots of FB gear and maxing it. Main character has a 4 set bonus, Turq has a 2 set bonus staff/orb both maxed, Gram has 2 set bonus shield/armor at MAX/+6, Mercedes has 2 set bonus staff/orb at +0/+MAX, and Deathcrown has 2 set bonus of swords at +MAX/+6.

The real key is that Gram and my main character are practically indestructible. That allowed me to survive for a really long time on round 30. When everyone else was dead, Gram and my hero were just sitting there waiting for revive scroll cooldowns to refresh. When the cooldowns were up, I waited for the Gnarl's full screen AoE attack and after it was done I'd rez. I literally used 10 revive scrolls and 5 HP scrolls on that lab run.

31+ aren't that hard. The enemies still hit hard enough to 1-shot multiple characters, but they go down really fast. So like on 31 my Turq who has over 7000 ATK dropped her meteor, critted, and 1 shot the entire wave.

Ended with about 465k points. This should easily be enough to put in 1% for the week, although I'm currently at 67, so it looks like top 50 is still going to be out of reach unless I get some Dracos.

Funny thing is that none of my characters are even limit broken. So I've no doubt top 50 and perhaps even top 10 are possible with no dracos at all.

Hmm, maxed my Spark Wizard Ann and got Mer up to +5. I suppose I should max out Mer and Tyran next.

There's only 1k ATK difference between Whay (4.5k) and Ann (3.5k). It's really nice to see the whole screen explode all over the place.

Chaos17

I have a question about upcoming (who knows when) ascended angels. Are there going to be essence drops unique to them as well? And is there an ascended angel of a particular class that's better than current crop of ascended units? It's going to take me a few weeks to get enough SSS units and ascend my next unit and I don't want all that work to be thrown wayside by an ascended angel of the same class.
1. Yes.

2. From their skills, I will say that most angels are pvp oriented : http://gamebroke.blogspot.fr/2015/07/dragon-blaze-seven-angel.html
For example : take the healer with her deer, she doesn't have ressurection skill but instead she has a passive skill to immune party from instant death.
Really good passive against Greysoul and rogue spe instant death, imo.

3. It's okay to take your time and think what you need.
Personally, I think I will get just one draco, either mage or archer because I need an AoE dps at the moment.
I might consider Blackaria over the deer girl because she has rez skill and I need it for pve but that would be really the last thing I want to do now. I'm happy with Porin.
In the futur, I will probably ascend commander Azur into the angel dps warrior girl so it will be more an upgrade than turning him into a tank.
My third ascend will be Kamiel since I've Tiel, she will probably replace Gram and force him into retirement, lol.
I don't have plans for any third ascenced allies (Bodens), they're too far for me to consider them.

Yes. Same process but simplified. Instead of character-specific essences, you need specific "waters" of a certain type because character specific essences is stupid and wastes a ton of inventory space.

http://cafe.naver.com/dragonblaze.c...cialmenutype=&userDisplay=15&articleid=516739

That will save us space in our storage, lol.

I just got Deathcrown hes good right? I need people to tell me he is goooood....
He is good and you can even consider to ascend him since it will an upgrade for him (IMO)

vato_loco

You've got my luck. Keep going, eventually it will change, RNGesus will come. I always got pure A's and suddenly I got an SSS. Not a good one, but still.

goober

Holy shitballs I just made it to round 33 of Labyrinth. I'm at rank 67 now (or I will be anyway when it updates at the end of the hour).

What really did it was continually enhancing my Gram and main character (also tank) and getting lots of FB gear and maxing it. Main character has a 4 set bonus, Turq has a 2 set bonus staff/orb both maxed, Gram has 2 set bonus shield/armor at MAX/+6, Mercedes has 2 set bonus staff/orb at +0/+MAX, and Deathcrown has 2 set bonus of swords at +MAX/+6.

The real key is that Gram and my main character are practically indestructible. That allowed me to survive for a really long time on round 30. When everyone else was dead, Gram and my hero were just sitting there waiting for revive scroll cooldowns to refresh. When the cooldowns were up, I waited for the Gnarl's full screen AoE attack and after it was done I'd rez. I literally used 10 revive scrolls and 5 HP scrolls on that lab run.

31+ aren't that hard. The enemies still hit hard enough to 1-shot multiple characters, but they go down really fast. So like on 31 my Turq who has over 7000 ATK dropped her meteor, critted, and 1 shot the entire wave.

Ended with about 465k points. This should easily be enough to put in 1% for the week, although I'm currently at 67, so it looks like top 50 is still going to be out of reach unless I get some Dracos.

Funny thing is that none of my characters are even limit broken. So I've no doubt top 50 and perhaps even top 10 are possible with no dracos at all.

How'd you spec your warrior?

Chaos17

@Yaari : I remember you saying that you would like be able to do more things with your arena points in the futur. Well, I just saw today that during season 2, there will be new tabs for buying new items for season 2.

Such as gems :

cap_2015-03-23_22-09-21-520.jpg

And robot ally for enhancing :

cap_2015-03-23_22-09-29-887.jpg

Here a reminder what the robots do :

cap_2015-03-04_20-59-41-151.jpg

Source
: http://cafe.naver.com/dragonblaze/824022

Pejo

@Yaari : I remember you saying that you would like be able to do more things with your arena points in the futur. Well, I just saw today that during season 2, there will be new tabs for buying new items for season 2.

Such as gems :

Source

Oh wow, that's sweet. I hope they bump up the coin rewards per week though, those are some high prices considering they're fodder.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
You've got my luck. Keep going, eventually it will change, RNGesus will come. I always got pure A's and suddenly I got an SSS. Not a good one, but still.

I am keeping the faith!

In other news, I think mage/rogue are the hardest combo to beat in guild battles. One of my guildmates and I have teamed up the last few days and we've just been dominating. And that's even going up against stacked teams. Patta also seems to be a beast. We tried so many combos, but removing Patta seemed to have the biggest negative effect. I think his attack debuff really allowed us to survive longer so we could dps them down. I really want to try Ari in gb, but have to max him out first.

What do you have equipped? Thanks for showing me

RRnRFaVl.jpg

The accessories are dps oriented but I don't have any tanking accessories. So you might ascwell consider I'm not even wearing accessories.

As you can see I haven't upgraded any of this. Most upgrades have gone into my allies so that they help my rogue as well. Here's my Gram

Mert2R3l.jpg

It was these two that were basically the heroes, everyone else kept dying but they survived multiple waves of AoE with no healing until raise scroll cooldowns were up

Whizkid7

Such as gems :

Source

Oh that's nice. I was wondering what the heck I was gonna do with my arena coins now.

Yaari

I am keeping the faith!

In other news, I think mage/rogue are the hardest combo to beat in guild battles. One of my guildmates and I have teamed up the last few days and we've just been dominating. And that's even going up against stacked teams. Patta also seems to be a beast. We tried so many combos, but removing Patta seemed to have the biggest negative effect. I think his attack debuff really allowed us to survive longer so we could dps them down. I really want to try Ari in gb, but have to max him out first.

Mage/Rogue is a great combo yeah. I've been unsure as to what type of Ally combo works best when running that though. Priest seems nearly pointless. Perhaps a Bloodwind would be sweet, considering Mage wrecks their defense, all out offense is better than trying to keep them alive. I guess.

Maybe my Deathcrown will be nice to eat up some damage with its taunt.

Where's you get those dps accessories from?

I honestly don't remember. But judging by the name, probably Landing Garden? To be honest they're shit. They have like 3 class-specific stats on them (rage, vigor, mana recovery) and then one generic stat like Attack Speed or Crit Rate. The rose is the best dps accessory I have. Weapon Max ATK+35, Crit Rate 8.6, Atk Speed 5

goober

Mage/Rogue is a great combo yeah. I've been unsure as to what type of Ally combo works best when running that though. Priest seems nearly pointless. Perhaps a Bloodwind would be sweet, considering Mage wrecks their defense, all out offense is better than trying to keep them alive. I guess.

Maybe my Deathcrown will be nice to eat up some damage with its taunt.

One pretty good combo is Blackaria + Porin as allies. I'm a tank main and my guild member was a rogue. So its basically let the rogue do all the work.

KimChi

woo should be getting the SS from hive invites tomorrow. Kinda sucks if you have too many friends on hive and scroll through them to do "game invite" itll lag the game real bad.

woo should be getting the SS from hive invites tomorrow. Kinda sucks if you have too many friends on hive and scroll through them to do "game invite" itll lag the game real bad.

Lag seems to be worse with Friend Request people. It helps to go through and remove them, although it's cumbersome

KimChi

Lag seems to be worse with Friend Request people. It helps to go through and remove them, although it's cumbersome

Yea does take awhile to remove. Do you think when they reset the counter we can just use the same people? never got around to doing it with facebook when that was an easy option.

Yea does take awhile to remove. Do you think when they reset the counter we can just use the same people? never got around to doing it with facebook when that was an easy option.

I believe so. If you click one of the greyed out Game Invite buttons, it says you can only invite each person once per month. So when the rewards reset, the month should be up, so in theory you should be able to invite them again. But I think this is uncharted territory, so I'm just speculating, but I believe it will work. So don't remove Game Invite people, just Friend Request people (who are useless anyway)

KimChi

I believe so. If you click one of the greyed out Game Invite buttons, it says you can only invite each person once per month. So when the rewards reset, the month should be up, so in theory you should be able to invite them again. But I think this is uncharted territory, so I'm just speculating, but I believe it will work. So don't remove Game Invite people, just Friend Request people (who are useless anyway)

ok makes sense, I'm only removing friend request people anyway. Just in case it does let us use the same game invite people.

I logged into hive this morning and had about 150 friend requests. I went and accepted about 30 of them as an experiment. 20 are from Dragon Blaze and 10 are from other games. So this is a good way to get invites too. Accept everything, then make a pass through and remove the Dragon Blaze people. This also lets you keep getting the 20 shoes / day without having to spend much effort. Because you can build up a really big list of friends who are non-DB players.

Vitanimus

I can't log in to hive... i'm using my account name and my facebook password because that's what i signed up with but neither worked. I want free stuff :c

Pejo

Woooo! Got my first Blackaria essence just as I'm about to hit lv 60, lol.

Grats, I got mine last night grinding spider boss for xp/essence/drops.

Man, C ally fodder becomes totally useless once you have a good team of SSS. What do you guys do with all your C stuff in this case? sell them? Enhance S's? I use most of my S for fodder now since I need so many to level up my SSS's

Yaari

Man, C ally fodder becomes totally useless once you have a good team of SSS. What do you guys do with all your C stuff in this case? sell them? Enhance S's? I use most of my S for fodder now since I need so many to level up my SSS's
I'll always be enhancing new S's with C's. And finish of SS's when they reach 15%. At that point I don't want to pump more B's into them.

Really don't know if I should go for Deathcrown or Bloodwind. I think my team needs more damage, especially in Arena. But I have 11 DC Essences and only 4 Bloodwind.

I don't think I'll do very well without a damage boost though. My Sheep Mage pretty much stops most damage coming at me, and with 2 healers, I think I just lack offense, most people outheal me. Not sure what to do. Bloodwind would also cost me 200 rubies.

Uthred

Enhance S's, you need a crazy amount of fodder if you're looking at an end game team of all Ascended units

I'll always be enhancing new S's with C's. And finish of SS's when they reach 15%. At that point I don't want to pump more B's into them.

Really don't know if I should go for Deathcrown or Bloodwind. I think my team needs more damage, especially in Arena. But I have 11 DC Essences and only 4 Bloodwind.

I don't think I'll do very well without a damage boost though. My Sheep Mage pretty much stops most damage coming at me, and with 2 healers, I think I just lack offense, most people outheal me. Not sure what to do. Bloodwind would also cost me 200 rubies.

I think you should save your Rubies, unless you feel that Bloodwind will let you get further enough in Lab/Arena to earn back 200 rubies in the time it would take you to farm the essences

I checked out your character yesterday I think. TBH I think the easiest way for you to get a good damage boost is to sacrifice your position in Arena for a week and instead use all those tickets for raid. I think you only have 1-2 pieces of Fiercely Blazing gear, and then a bunch of orange gear. Upgrading all of that to level 60 raid gear would give you tons of extra ATK, Crit%, Crit Damage, and Stamina and really make a difference. I went from getting destroyed instantly upon entering round 30 of Labyrinth to clearing round 33 *just* with gear upgrades.

I know it sucks, but realistically you can get top 10% with almost no effort, and you would be able to save 500+ tickets for use in raids this way, which would give you a very strong damage boost.

Yaari

I checked out your character yesterday I think. TBH I think the easiest way for you to get a good damage boost is to sacrifice your position in Arena for a week and instead use all those tickets for raid. I think you only have 1-2 pieces of Fiercely Blazing gear, and then a bunch of orange gear. Upgrading all of that to level 60 raid gear would give you tons of extra ATK, Crit%, Crit Damage, and Stamina and really make a difference. I went from getting destroyed instantly upon entering round 30 of Labyrinth to clearing round 33 *just* with gear upgrades.

I know it sucks, but realistically you can get top 10% with almost no effort, and you would be able to save 500+ tickets for use in raids this way, which would give you a very strong damage boost.

I did run a ton of that raid, but all 3 of my characters are just stacked with Lvl60 SSS weapons. I had the worst luck.

I think my mage has pretty good gear though, even if the armor parts are for level55, they have nearly perfect stats.
I'm on 50%~ crit now on my mage. Her damage is looking good.

Top Bottom