• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

garath

Well I think I have my first SSS fodder. Finally combined my sentimental warrior vurch and ended up with a ranger Kay. Guess I'll use her to max +1 the dark arrow Farq on the long road to bloodwind.

Now to try to make another SSS or MAX loki or whay to add to my main party. Still undecided.

JigsawX

Well current essence farming is 9 for DC, 8 for Soul, 3 for Blackria and 2 for Brightspark. I don't really want soul and Patta is holding the fort down so no DC either. Really want to try out Spark but....essences won't drop. Debating whether I should just buy all of them. The new boden that are coming are they better then the current Dracos?

Uthred

So what's the "ideal" Draco party? You + Bloodwind,Blackaria,Greysoul and either Deathcrown (if you arent a Tank) or Brightspark (if you are)? Brightspark is generally rated higher than Deathcrown but a tank is basically essential for nearly all game modes so I dont think you can really leave him out.

Ventara

So what's the "ideal" Draco party? You + Bloodwind,Blackaria,Greysoul and either Deathcrown (if you arent a Tank) or Brightspark (if you are)? Brightspark is generally rated higher than Deathcrown but a tank is basically essential for nearly all game modes so I dont think you can really leave him out.

You mean the best 4 party team? I'd leave Brightspark as my helper. Reason being is that Bloodwind and Greysoul can survive with their high EVA, Deathcrown is a tank, and Blackaria dying makes everyone invincible.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
500k will get you 1% easily. Honestly, making it to round 31 will get you 1%. Sounds like you made it to 34.

Not sure how far. I think I would have lasted longer had I brought my revives. I ran out unfortunately. Didn't think I'd use that many. Currently ranked in the 60s... might try one more to try for top 50.

Well current essence farming is 9 for DC, 8 for Soul, 3 for Blackria and 2 for Brightspark. I don't really want soul and Patta is holding the fort down so no DC either. Really want to try out Spark but....essences won't drop. Debating whether I should just buy all of them. The new boden that are coming are they better then the current Dracos?

Bodens are awesome but not sure they are big upgrades over dracos. I'm just waiting for the chance to ascend my Ari.

JigsawX

Not sure how far. I think I would have lasted longer had I brought my revives. I ran out unfortunately. Didn't think I'd use that many. Currently ranked in the 60s... might try one more to try for top 50.

Bodens are awesome but not sure they are big upgrades over dracos. I'm just waiting for the chance to ascend my Ari.

Ah yea if I had a paladin I would definitely wait but no dice so far. Ugh the choices are real! Deathcrown, Blackaria or Brightspark....

Also so far the Rank #2 and #4 guilds are trying to get me to join but they require GB per week, one said 300 per week, not sure if it's worth or not

Salamande

So, I never really messed with the Arena, mostly splitting my tickets between GB and raids. Now that I'm close to finishing my Blazing set, I decided to splurge and see how far I can get.

It looks like I've got a pretty good setup. Right now, I'm at 3.3%, without too much trouble. Guess I was missing out!

Myself as a sheep mage with strong AoE damage,
Caberra as the second sheep mage with surprisingly good AoE damage and a buff erase,
Turq for heavy AoE damage and single-target sheep,
Toori for good rogue damage and an AoE skill wrecker,
And Blackaria for being Blackaria.
Not to mention Robellia on standby for that extra 100% sheep hit and buff erase.

It's good synergy. The only thing I really fear is, of course, other sheep mages.

Just saw your score. Very nice, better than my score. You must have gotten to 35. I usually die on 34 (Queen Caberra) because she sheeps me and I don't have any scrolls left at that point, and I end up with about 515k, and you got about 525k. So you either cleared or almost cleared 34.

But yea, now you know. I always bring a full set of 15 revives, because you WILL use them.

Salamande

Pretty much, and even that's not enough to do it consistently.

Seems like you either have to have a strong tank or be dead on point with your crowd control to have a chance. I got to 30 exactly once, with some luck, then got slaughtered.

I say let them fight...fight until only the true best class, the Aim Archer, stands tall.

Every once in a while I'll be in a raid and see (literally) half the boss's life disappear in one big chunk. And then I understand.

commish

Ah yea if I had a paladin I would definitely wait but no dice so far. Ugh the choices are real! Deathcrown, Blackaria or Brightspark....

Also so far the Rank #2 and #4 guilds are trying to get me to join but they require GB per week, one said 300 per week, not sure if it's worth or not

300 isn't that much in the end. I usually get between 400 and 500 a week. If your team is good, you can plow through teams pretty quickly. Tonight's GB was.. .uh.. a bit more painful. So many ultimate teams. Sheesh.

Just saw your score. Very nice, better than my score. You must have gotten to 35. I usually die on 34 (Queen Caberra) because she sheeps me and I don't have any scrolls left at that point, and I end up with about 515k, and you got about 525k. So you either cleared or almost cleared 34.

But yea, now you know. I always bring a full set of 15 revives, because you WILL use them.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I beat her because I sheeped her first. If I can get 2-3 sheeps when it starts, I can usually win.

KimChi

Do you need all maxed SSS to go past 30 in lab?

Maxed SSS will not guarantee, I think having blackaria is the easiest way past wave 30 by abusing the invulnerability on her death and any other units that can use it like gram/byron/tiel and then throw in a sheep mage.

Which I would gladly try out if combines would give me a darn healer lol.

Maxed SSS will not guarantee, I think having blackaria is the easiest way past wave 30 by abusing the invulnerability on her death and any other units that can use it like gram/byron/tiel and then throw in a sheep mage.

Not even sure that would guarantee it because a lot of times everyone dies at the same time. I think the best way to guarantee it is just to have lots of really strong AoEs. It's not Karang that's the problem, it's all the Dark Gnarls that use that Gnoll Gnoll ability. You need to kill 2-3 of them ASAP. So IMO a MAX or +ULTIMATE Draco Brightspark is probably the best way. But who knows, probably splitting hairs at this point :)

KimChi

Not even sure that would guarantee it because a lot of times everyone dies at the same time. I think the best way to guarantee it is just to have lots of really strong AoEs. It's not Karang that's the problem, it's all the Dark Gnarls that use that Gnoll Gnoll ability. You need to kill 2-3 of them ASAP. So IMO a MAX or +ULTIMATE Draco Brightspark is probably the best way. But who knows, probably splitting hairs at this point :)

Yea I doubt it is a guarantee but I think it can make labyrinth a little easier...maybe xD

Rurunaki

I feel you.. Only healer I have is Shabelle, and I'm not about to lose such a top tier healer especially how useful she is during WB/Arena.

Salamande

One other thing to keep in mind about Blackaria's invincibility passive is that it only works ONCE per run (series of battles). If you rez her later, her ability will not pop again. So, you can't really abuse it in Lab.

I mean, let's be honest, that would be pretty ridiculous...

commish

might be worth experimenting at least. Her ATK Speed buff combined with Bloodwind's already crazy ATK speed might be worth checking out.

Right on time, I get a really good SSS quiver that would be good for Windlune. I just don't have the resources to level her up anytime soon, but having both of them could be pretty awesome.

KimChi

One other thing to keep in mind about Blackaria's invincibility passive is that it only works ONCE per run (series of battles). If you rez her later, her ability will not pop again. So, you can't really abuse it in Lab.

I mean, let's be honest, that would be pretty ridiculous...

Ah ok didn't know about that lol, makes sense or she would be broken otherwise.

StuffRuff

So I thought replacing RanRan with Shabelle would be my saviour but I'm still really struggling to make progress in Myth.

Any advice on what I could change up with my party or what I should focus on to improve to start making some headway? I'm currently stuck around the Obsidian Mountain stages:

SSS Byron +1
SSS Tiel +2
SSS Shabelle +1
SSS Farq
Me DoD Rogue

Spare- SSS Freyd x 2, SSS Gar, S RanRan Max+2

Is it a given that I'll just be having to spam revive scrolls every single stage? Things just keep one shotting Shabelle and Farq and it all goes down hill. Everyone is nearly equipped in level appropriate legendary gear from Storm Tyrant.

Yaari

Got my 3 Gold % rings, they're all like 38.53%, so not too great. But happy with them.

I'm swimming in A's now. I should probably change my upgrading approach. I don't need them, since most of my SSS units will be fodder and don't require upgrades.

No pulls till they put on a bonus again though.

garath

Just had a thought. Its going to be a long time until I make a Draco at this point. Unless... It only takes 5 right? Well I'm holding onto some nice SSS but maybe I should just say screw it and sac them. A bloodwind would be much more useful than extra good SSS right?

If I sac my non party SSS I can do it.

Loki
Whay
Gar
Windlune
Ranger Kay

None are used in anything but labyrinth really. I wanted to max loki or whay to replace Farq on my team as I work toward bloodwind but frankly wouldn't it be better to have bloodwind? Dunno.

Thoughts?

Uthred

It's weird, now when I'm getting ready to combine for SSS I sort of *want* a shit tier one so I dont feel bad about using them for fodder (well what I really want is a healer and archer ;)). Just need two more before I can upgrade someone to draco (likely Deathcrown as I seem to get nothing but Deathcown essences)

Just had a thought. Its going to be a long time until I make a Draco at this point. Unless... It only takes 5 right? Well I'm holding onto some nice SSS but maybe I should just say screw it and sac them. A bloodwind would be much more useful than extra good SSS right?

Loki
Whay
Gar
Windlune
Ranger Kay

None are used in anything but labyrinth really. I wanted to max loki or whay to replace Farq on my team as I work toward bloodwind but frankly wouldn't it be better to have bloodwind? Dunno.

Thoughts?

Bloodwind's the "best" unit in the game at the moment, he'll be of use and have a place in your party in every in game activity and will likely contribute more than your niche SSS, so I'd say go ahead. Also, he looks cool.

garath

It's weird, now when I'm getting ready to combine for SSS I sort of *want* a shit tier one so I dont feel bad about using them for fodder (well what I really want is a healer and archer ;)). Just need two more before I can upgrade someone to draco (likely Deathcrown as I seem to get nothing but Deathcown essences)

Bloodwind's the "best" unit in the game at the moment, he'll be of use and have a place in your party in every in game activity and will likely contribute more than your niche SSS, so I'd say go ahead. Also, he looks cool.

Yeah. That's really the way I'm leaning. I just really like loki and whay. The others can get eaten no problem. Maybe I'll try to crank out one more SSS before I do it. I need another 4 bloodwind essences anyways. Try to preserve whay. I think he can become a summoner later.

Uthred

Yeah. That's really the way I'm leaning. I just really like loki and whay. The others can get eaten no problem. Maybe I'll try to crank out one more SSS before I do it. I need another 4 bloodwind essences anyways. Try to preserve whay. I think he can become a summoner later.

Yeah I think Whay is one the unique ones so best to hold onto him

Einbroch

Banned
Respecc'd my Archer to AoE.

Figure I'd have my Archer for farming dungeons (quicker clears) and Priest for raids. I was trying to make both characters jack-of-all-trades but that doesn't make sense.

commish

Loki
Whay
Gar
Windlune
Ranger Kay

Thoughts?

Yeah, I have a similar problem with Loki and Windlune. It's hard for me to fuse them away when they are such strong characters in their own right. I could make a draco DC in the next week or three if I decide to eat the Loki and Windlune. Most of the content in this game is geared toward having the strongest 4 or 5 characters possible, and the rest sit on the bench. And there's no real difference between most DPS, other than AOE/single target, so you probably won't be mixing it up much. It's probably worth it to get a stronger 5 unless the ones you fuse have an uber transformation down the road. I think I'm trying to talk myself into it :p

Yeah I think Whay is one the unique ones so best to hold onto him

Is there a list anywhere of the unique ones?

JigsawX

I think I'm have to buy all my essences, this dry spell is not going away. I think my total for last week was 4. This week so far is one

garath

Yeah, I have a similar problem with Loki and Windlune. It's hard for me to fuse them away when they are such strong characters in their own right. I could make a draco DC in the next week or three if I decide to eat the Loki and Windlune. Most of the content in this game is geared toward having the strongest 4 or 5 characters possible, and the rest sit on the bench. And there's no real difference between most DPS, other than AOE/single target, so you probably won't be mixing it up much. It's probably worth it to get a stronger 5 unless the ones you fuse have an uber transformation down the road. I think I'm trying to talk myself into it :p

Is there a list anywhere of the unique ones?

Yeah. After the thought occurred to me I've been kind of trying to talk myself into it too. Hehe. I need to keep whay though and I'm still missing essences so I'm just going to hold onto all of them for now, make one more SSS, farm for more essences and probably go ahead and pull the trigger after I have that next SSS. Unless it's a shabelle or something lol. That would absolutely figure.

vato_loco

You're on my friends list (I'm barrel/bearel). Pretty sure we connected today, in fact. :)

Just added you, I'm Grieverer. Tried adding Aenslaed as well but his friend list is full.

Also my question was left unanswered several pages ago so let me try again. Which is better, a meteor Mage for story and dungeons and arena, or a mega flame burst Mage? My crew right now is mostly Rogues who do a lot of DPS, but since I'm gonna use 100 rubies to reset my points, I might as well do this right.

JigsawX

Just added you, I'm Grieverer. Tried adding Aenslaed as well but his friend list is full.

Also my question was left unanswered several pages ago so let me try again. Which is better, a meteor Mage for story and dungeons and arena, or a mega flame burst Mage? My crew right now is mostly Rogues who do a lot of DPS, but since I'm gonna use 100 rubies to reset my points, I might as well do this right.

The two pref mage specs are meteor or sheep. Sheep is the more popular one but if you have the gear then meteor is viable as well

Top Bottom