• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Kitoro

I think I'm have to buy all my essences, this dry spell is not going away. I think my total for last week was 4. This week so far is one

I have a feeling that when the Angels release, they'll run increased essence drop rate events for the Draco units. Can't hurt to wait and see.

Shouta

I got the level 50 helmet/boots for the set bonus and it's a real significant upgrade. even for my Priest, lol

Ventara

I guess the biggest question is how big a upgrades are the boden.

Sorry meant angels.

Not big at all. They're actually pretty even, imo. Kamiel is pretty sought after because of her stun attack, and I'dsay she's better than Draco DC because of it, but that's it. The mage and healer might be a little better, but that's debatable.

JigsawX

Not big at all. They're actually pretty even, imo. Kamiel is pretty sought after because of her stun attack, and I'dsay she's better than Draco DC because of it, but that's it. The mage and healer might be a little better, but that's debatable.

Yea looked them up and having a hard time deciding, besides kamiel but I don't have a paladin so that makes it easy

Pejo

Yea looked them up and having a hard time deciding, besides kamiel but I don't have a paladin so that makes it easy

Can you link the info you found on them? I'm curious too before I throw a ton of resources into making a second Draco.

Ventara

Woooo! I now have 5214 points in Arena, and I can probably get that to 5500 before the week's over. Had to spend 288 tickets, which is about 140 more than I would to get into the top 5%, but I think the extra 40 rubies and 3 arena coins is worth that.

I actually had a really easy time today in the arena. My team is way stronger than last week, where even guys 5 levels below me would occasionally beat me. I've got Tiel and Blackaria, and everyone has pretty good gear on, so I had no trouble beating anyone sub-60 or without a full max SSS team. Feels good.

Can you link the info you found on them? I'm curious too before I throw a ton of resources into making a second Draco.

Not sure where JigsawX got his info, but I read it from this link.

Pejo

Thanks! Interesting skills on those guys, Not sure which I would rank better over their Draco Counterparts though. I will say that Paladin looks to kick ass all over Draco DC though, the one Draco I actually made so far, lol. Dammit.

I really like that mage's death skill, 1000%+ on-death damage. Unfortunately from what I gather, death is less and less frequent in PVE, so it'd be purely a PVP thing. Also the healer looks ok, but I still like Blackaria's skillset better, so that answers my immediate question.

So... that legend rogue says this:

Passive 2: One enemy perish everytime hell hawk is finishing the enemy.[Cooldown : 8 sec]

Now, I can't *possibly* be reading this correctly, but it sounds like it says that if Hellhawk kills an enemy, another enemy just straight up dies? Whaaat?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Woooo! I now have 5214 points in Arena, and I can probably get that to 5500 before the week's over. Had to spend 288 tickets, which is about 140 more than I would to get into the top 5%, but I think the extra 40 rubies and 3 arena coins is worth that.

I actually had a really easy time today in the arena. My team is way stronger than last week, where even guys 5 levels below me would occasionally beat me. I've got Tiel and Blackaria, and everyone has pretty good gear on, so I had no trouble beating anyone sub-60 or without a full max SSS team. Feels good.

Not sure where JigsawX got his info, but I read it from this link.

Yeah I want to make the push tonight. I've been stomping teams, so I think I can make a dent. I just won't have the tickets to do it all in one day, probably, without spending gems.

Pejo

So... that legend rogue says this:

Passive 2: One enemy perish everytime hell hawk is finishing the enemy.[Cooldown : 8 sec]

Now, I can't *possibly* be reading this correctly, but it sounds like it says that if Hellhawk kills an enemy, another enemy just straight up dies? Whaaat?

Man PVP is going to be a madhouse when we get the angels and boden. So many crazy overpowered skills

Wow I just did a double point challenge at only 5 wins into arena, and I got matched against someone with Draco Greysoul *and* Draco Brightspark both ULTIMATE. And I won... WTF

KimChi

Just had a thought. Its going to be a long time until I make a Draco at this point. Unless... It only takes 5 right? Well I'm holding onto some nice SSS but maybe I should just say screw it and sac them. A bloodwind would be much more useful than extra good SSS right?

If I sac my non party SSS I can do it.

Loki
Whay
Gar
Windlune
Ranger Kay

None are used in anything but labyrinth really. I wanted to max loki or whay to replace Farq on my team as I work toward bloodwind but frankly wouldn't it be better to have bloodwind? Dunno.

Thoughts?

I have the same issue atm though not as bad with having a loki or whay
fodder:
Rogue Un
Pitch
Farq
Aura Windlune
Deathcrown

I kinda care for windlune and deathcrown but I can live without them lol just need 3 more essences and I can make draco brightspark.

I enjoyed having loki in my party but will probably switch him out with Draco Brightspark for her aoe. Of the two Whay is better to keep for the summoner she can ascend into.

Been having some bad luck with essences too got nothing for the past 2 days but I did get a bloodwind essence today and it got him to +4. Getting close to caving in and just buying some essence ><

commish

Anyone else having a hard time with essences? I haven't had one drop in so long it seems.

I stopped farming essences to level up my priest, because it seems like Priest is dominating the leaderboards against world boss. But yesterday I did like 10 dungeons during the 50% item drop rate bonus and got 2 essences. I'm sure it was just a freak accident, but it reminded me of those anti-farming measures that MMOs liked to employ to prevent people farming the same items over and over.

Rurunaki

I stopped farming essences to level up my priest, because it seems like Priest is dominating the leaderboards against world boss. But yesterday I did like 10 dungeons during the 50% item drop rate bonus and got 2 essences. I'm sure it was just a freak accident, but it reminded me of those anti-farming measures that MMOs liked to employ to prevent people farming the same items over and over.

On the same boat, but I'm actually levelling up Warrior. All KR youtubes I've seen so far have Warriors running the World Bosses until the Paladin class gets released that is.

On the same boat, but I'm actually levelling up Warrior. All KR youtubes I've seen so far have Warriors running the World Bosses until the Paladin class gets released that is.

That's weird. I'm kind of confused what a warrior brings to the table against World Bosses? We have the ATK buff I guess, but that's it?

commish

Hmmm I don't think I can take leveling up a third toon, but leveling up a priest would make sense since I can't get anything above a Viri. I was saving my next leveling experience for the paladin. But then again, I am spending my shoes on farming essences and getting nothing.

Hmmm I don't think I can take leveling up a third toon, but leveling up a priest would make sense since I can't get anything above a Viri. I was saving my next leveling experience for the paladin. But then again, I am spending my shoes on farming essences and getting nothing.

Yea that's the other reason. I wanted to continue farming essences but not be bored out of my mind. Having a fresh 55 to go through ch. 2 kind of solves that in a retarded kind of way. I figure it'll take about a week to get to 55. Started sunday, and I'm 27 already. And by the time the 60-65 grind comes out, I will have 3 characters to do it on, which should help since I'm sure there's going to be some new farmable essence type.

Plus there's always the 600 extra rubies you get, that's always nice.

Rurunaki

That's weird. I'm kind of confused what a warrior brings to the table against World Bosses? We have the ATK buff I guess, but that's it?

ATK% and DEF% shared to party (passive). I've also seen Warrior one shot mages and rogues with the "Rage" build so I guess their DPS is up there.

commish

Yea that's the other reason. I wanted to continue farming essences but not be bored out of my mind. Having a fresh 55 to go through ch. 2 kind of solves that in a retarded kind of way. I figure it'll take about a week to get to 55. Started sunday, and I'm 27 already. And by the time the 60-65 grind comes out, I will have 3 characters to do it on, which should help since I'm sure there's going to be some new farmable essence type.

Plus there's always the 600 extra rubies you get, that's always nice.

That's a good point. I'm going to start up a priest.

The worst part is Normal mode and all those goddamn unskippable cutscenes. Ugh. Painful. Now that I'm through with that I can make some decent progress.

Edit: Do you not get a ruby reward for clearing Phoneix the first time? As part of the "Defeat a Powerful adversary" quest line? I dont' see it in my completed quest rewards. I added up 530 rubies total from clearing all the ch. 1 raids

Rurunaki

The worst part is Normal mode and all those goddamn unskippable cutscenes. Ugh. Painful. Now that I'm through with that I can make some decent progress.

Edit: Do you not get a ruby reward for clearing Phoneix the first time? As part of the "Defeat a Powerful adversary" quest line? I dont' see it in my completed quest rewards. I added up 530 rubies total from clearing all the ch. 1 raids

It should. Why did they take out the 2 free premium summons for buying 10 summons? I have to hoard my rubies now :(

JigsawX

If anyone wants to practice their squad against rogues I left mine up. I think he's prob more geared than my mage

Stats for anyone curious
Attack damage - 5302
Crit damage - 222.6%
Crit chance - 52.8%
Eva - 39%
Health - 32k

Also a DoD rogue

arevin01

I think having 3 characters is perfect. Any more and you simply dont have the storage space to keep up with all the shared gear.

Hey don't sleep on Viri. She was my healer all the way to season 3, she can burst heal up to 100k hp with the right equipment. I just this week finally replaced her with Blackaria.

Rurunaki

Hey don't sleep on Viri. She was my healer all the way to season 3, she can burst heal up to 100k hp with the right equipment. I just this week finally replaced her with Blackaria.

How viable is Shabelle in Season 3? She's like my only healer right now and I don't want to Diefy her.

How viable is Shabelle in Season 3? She's like my only healer right now and I don't want to Diefy her.

She is still top tier healer and if I had her I would not deify her. In fact in KR alot of arena teams would have 2 healers(draco/boden/angel and usually a Shabelle) that fact alone tells me people with Shabelle's in KR version also don't deify her cause she's still elite.

KimChi

Can you have Deathcrown and Draco Deathcrown on the same team? Or Brightspark and Draco Brightspark?

I believe so, can't test it myself but they are technically different units and I think I've seen some Brightspark+Draco Brightspark teams in arena.

She is still top tier healer and if I had her I would not deify her. In fact in KR alot of arena teams would have 2 healers(draco/boden/angel and usually a Shabelle) that fact alone tells me people with Shabelle's in KR version also don't deify her cause she's still elite.

I thought I heard Mercedes is better than Shabelle in Season 3. Is that not true?

Yaari

I recall the same. Something like higher levels having more HP not being 1 shotted and Mercedes having better skills or something. Not sure.

I've not gotten an Essence all day. Sigh.

I did however fix the annoying disconnect issue I've been having. Very happy because I was close to quitting the game because of it.

Limit

I am continuing to get 1 - 2 essences farming Hermit lake 9 every single day. Of course I am not getting the essences of the draco that I do have or dracos that I want, but that's another matter.

Yaari

I am continuing to get 1 - 2 essences farming Hermit lake 9 every single day. Of course I am not getting the essences of the draco that I do have or dracos that I want, but that's another matter.

Yeah I remain hopeful because things can turn around. Plus now having my 3x 38,53% rings, it is more worthwhile. I make more gold than I spend upgrading units and armor, something that was not the case prior to that.

But now I realize how insanely lucky I was that one time I got 2 Essences in a row. That's never going to happen again.

I thought I heard Mercedes is better than Shabelle in Season 3. Is that not true?

She is the other healer that I see with two healer teams. It's usually a combination of Mercedes or Shabelle, I see alot more Shabbelle myself. 2 healer arena teams are so deadly that I avoid them all together.

Rurunaki

I recall the same. Something like higher levels having more HP not being 1 shotted and Mercedes having better skills or something. Not sure.

I've not gotten an Essence all day. Sigh.

I did however fix the annoying disconnect issue I've been having. Very happy because I was close to quitting the game because of it.

My issue with this idea is that Blackaria pretty much takes over the "Priest" Spot for team compositions. Leaving only the "helper" spot for the other Priests to take. This is Mercedes' achilles heel imo where she has no revive ability. I can see Labyrinth and World Boss runs where a well timed Shabelle "helper" with her AoE revive can give the party the second wind it needs to push through to get those top positions in ranking.

Pejo

Can you have Deathcrown and Draco Deathcrown on the same team? Or Brightspark and Draco Brightspark?

Yea I've been rocking DC and Draco DC for about a week. I also have Belle Snow, so I occasionally get a 2nd DC. Love watching 2x Swan Song followed by Draco's giant dragon move, so satisfying.

Yaari

What was the problem?

Well, I did get a new router. But I had always been losing connection, even on my previous one. Which I considered pretty stable.

I bought the RT-AC87U Asus router, and the issues first came up with stock Asus firmware. I then moved to Merlin firmware, still there. I'm now on DD-WRT and it has been solid for more than 24 hours, I have not lost connection even once. So I'm really happy.

Top Bottom