• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Chaos17

Dragon Blaze Patch Preview – Lollipops Event

Maintenance Date: 08/12/2015 (PDT) Time: TBA
Full details: http://bit.ly/DBIWantCandy

lolipop_event.png

Sciel

Went 0 Charming Light on my priest using my Golem ruby reward.

0 10 1
0 1 0
10 8 7 0

Have 81 ASPD now and its super amusing seeing my Priest hop constantly like a bunny.

StuffRuff

Cannot for the life of me beat Myth Gram, not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Managed to get to 55 after what feels like a hundred runs trying it though so have moved onto Chapter 2 dungeons now they are available and I'll have to come back for gram.

Are people going to go for the lollipop card rewards or just dump them into ally pulls? I got the impression from the rose event that the rewards were a bit lacklustre and too difficult to obtain.

Yaari

Cannot for the life of me beat Myth Gram, not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Managed to get to 55 after what feels like a hundred runs trying it though so have moved onto Chapter 2 dungeons now they are available and I'll have to come back for gram.

Are people going to go for the lollipop card rewards or just dump them into ally pulls? I got the impression from the rose event that the rewards were a bit lacklustre and too difficult to obtain.

Going for the SSS cards. I find them hard to obtain so I will take my chances

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Went 0 Charming Light on my priest using my Golem ruby reward.

0 10 1
0 1 0
10 8 7 0

Have 81 ASPD now and its super amusing seeing my Priest hop constantly like a bunny.

Is attack speed the way to go with priests? I'm still leveling mine up (the grind to 55 is oh so real), so I haven't bothered to gear her yet.

I am barely holding on to a top 1% finish in lab. Without an invul tank and without a healer better than Viri, I think I have reached my max in Lab.

arevin01

It took me a little over 2 weeks to save enough for another 3 SSS allies. Finally RanRan has been replaced.

Now I was planning to make Draco BS, but not sure now that I have Shabelle to deify.

s32v2C0.png

Sciel

Is attack speed the way to go with priests? I'm still leveling mine up (the grind to 55 is oh so real), so I haven't bothered to gear her yet.

I am barely holding on to a top 1% finish in lab. Without an invul tank and without a healer better than Viri, I think I have reached my max in Lab.
Its the way to go if you are going with 0 in charming light. I'm not that impressed though with the build atm.

Normally priests would stack stamina/immunity for their accessories.

It took me a little over 2 weeks to save enough for another 3 SSS allies. Finally RanRan has been replaced.

Now I was planning to make Draco BS, but not sure now that I have Shabelle to deify.

s32v2C0.png
Don't deify Shabelle.

s32v2C0.png

Why the hell would you deify Shabelle?

Shabelle is top-tier because of her party revive.

Chaos17

s32v2C0.png

Shabelle is unfortunally the only ally that have party rez, yeah no ascended have it so she quite unique to keep.

garath

Well I'm up to 1.3mil gold. Not really trying last day because of arena but still climbing. Still need 5 essences. Have my priest alt up to level 52 now. Once I get 55 I can start farming for essences again and not waste my time.

I'm still thinking if I hit the 3mil mark before I get the essences (likely) I'll just buy them sigh. Will be worth it for my first draco. Heavily leaning bloodwind over brightspark for the first. Path of least resistance with the best long term gain for me.

I'm down to rank 58 in Labyrinth now :( Pretty bummed, and I don't think I'm getting much higher without a Draco, but at least I have some expectation about what it takes to get top 50 now.

If I'm super lucky I'll get rank 77 for those 100 extra rubies, but that's kind of a crap shoot so we'll see.

Rurunaki

I'm down to rank 58 in Labyrinth now :( Pretty bummed, and I don't think I'm getting much higher without a Draco, but at least I have some expectation about what it takes to get top 50 now.

If I'm super lucky I'll get rank 77 for those 100 extra rubies, but that's kind of a crap shoot so we'll see.

What's your lineup getting to rank 58 without Draco? I'm getting wrecked at 29.

What's your lineup getting to rank 58 without Draco? I'm getting wrecked at 29.

Sorry I do have one Draco. I should have said without *another* draco. Also by rank 58 I'm not talking about level 58 of the dungeon. Just my position in the overall rankings. Farthest I've made it is to round 40.

My group is:

Main Party
----------------------
Tank Warrior
Bloodwind+MAX
Mercedes+MAX
Turq+ULTIMATE
Gram+MAX

Helpers
----------------------
Deathcrown+MAX
Ranran MAX+4
Dark Knife Freyd+MAX
Junk

There's still some luck involved getting past 30 for me, only works if stuns go off at the right times

Rurunaki

Sorry I do have one Draco. I should have said without *another* draco. Also by rank 58 I'm not talking about level 58 of the dungeon. Just my position in the overall rankings. Farthest I've made it is to round 40.

My group is:

Main Party
----------------------
Tank Warrior
Bloodwind+MAX
Mercedes+MAX
Turq+ULTIMATE
Gram+MAX

Helpers
----------------------
Deathcrown+MAX
Ranran MAX+4
Dark Knife Freyd+MAX
Junk

There's still some luck involved getting past 30 for me, only works if stuns go off at the right times

I see.. Thanks.. Those dynamite gnolls just keeps 1 shotting my team.. Looks like I will need to get my Warrior to 60 asap..

I see.. Thanks.. Those dynamite gnolls just keeps 1 shotting my team.. Looks like I will need to get my Warrior to 60 asap..

They one shot my guys too, lol. That's where having a tank warrior comes in hand, if I can time my taunt so that it happens right at the beginning of the round, they will throw the bombs at him. He can still get one shotted if theyc rit, but he has high EVA and DEF so most of the time he will make it through.

Then everyone gets one shotted again on round 30, just have to time the raises appropriately so that they have a chance to get a few strong AoEs in after raising and before dying again.

garath

My problem is more dps for lab. My Byron will live when everyone else dies pretty often giving me a chance to revive but I can't seem to dps down level 28 in those brief moments of being alive. Might need more def pen across the board or something.

Hope they add more with this patch than just the lollipops. One thing is for sure, I learned my lesson with that fucking rose event. It's ally summons all the way for me this time.

Yaari

Hope they add more with this patch than just the lollipops. One thing is for sure, I learned my lesson with that fucking rose event. It's ally summons all the way for me this time.

Im still not sure. I like the SSS cards but if I get something like a 20% STR card then I will immediately sell it because its useless.

Anything below SSS I don' even need.

Im still not sure. I like the SSS cards but if I get something like a 20% STR card then I will immediately sell it because its useless.

That's the thing, I look at it like this. The choices are probably going to be:

DEX
STR
INT
DEF
STA
Crit%
Crit Dmg
Heal Power
Accuracy
Attack Speed
Weapon Atk

And from looking at these examples, it looks like they only boost a single stat. I'm not sure why of those I would even want except maybe DEX, Crit%, Crit Dmg, Atk Speed, and Weapon Atk. And even if I got one it's not clear that it would be better than some of the double stat cards I've gotten. So at best I've got a 5/11 chance of getting something that's an upgrade, and even then it's not that clear cut.

At least with ally summons it's easy to decide. Ally is better than no ally, case closed :)

Pejo

I read on the Subreddit today from the "Deathcrown" mod there, that this isn't the next progression patch, which he hints should still be out in August. This looks to be just lollipops.

KimChi

I'd rather just make do with the dual stat cards from hydra atm, hardly found any roses during event so ill just be getting more allies.
Priests; how are you guys specc'd?
0/10/0
0/1/0
x/x/x/0
Go for magnify ultimate only, if you already have a point in charming light its fine since you need to reset your skills to get that point off. For the passives you will want to eventually max out the first 3 and you can do that however you want, ignore the 4th passive.

Lost half the day to jury duty with neogaf blocked at courthouse and couldn't play dragon blaze. And came back when the maintenance started lol.

Pejo

Well fuck me....I just bought 20 premium pulls and noticed that the buy 10/get 2 free bonus is gone again.....son of a bitch.

Pejo

Wish it was permanent.

Agreed. I don't think it's asking too much. Plus it seems to just come and go at random. That's the part I really hate.

*edit* - just made a duplicate Loki for my SSS, still no SSS healer. Blackaria, why have you forsaken me?

Yaari

Combined King Gram. Ofcourse I'll start combining continous Tier 1 Allies the moment I need fodder. Lol.

Probably going to sacrifice him, I already have DC Deathcrown after all.

commish

Oh that stings. 10/10 tries I has no vigor. Having DoD at the beginning prob would have pushed me over rank wise. Currently at rank 51 :/

Yeah that's rough. RNG!

So, I've settled into my scoring bands pretty much in all the events, and it adds up to about 500 gems a week from the events. That's about $50 worth of gems each week free. This shows both how generous the game actually is if you are F2P as well as how overpriced their gem prices really are.

Yeah that's rough. RNG!

So, I've settled into my scoring bands pretty much in all the events, and it adds up to about 500 gems a week from the events. That's about $50 worth of gems each week free. This shows both how generous the game actually is if you are F2P as well as how overpriced their gem prices really are.

How are you getting 500/week? Top 1% across the board is only 440, and even that is really hard to get due to world boss

arevin01

Someone pointed out the game is losing players because they are less participants in the events compared to chapter 1. I wonder if this is true.

garath

Yeah that's rough. RNG!

Their gem prices are completely out of whack. They give way too little. There is almost no incentive to buy. If I was to spend $20 a month (a reasonable target for a f2p game imo) I get what, a couple hundred gems? That's not even enough to max an SS worth of fodder.

Chaos17

Someone pointed out the game is losing players because they are less participants in the events compared to chapter 1. I wonder if this is true.

The last time I read this, a person has demonstrated the complainant that he was wrong. Indeed the complainant was basing his numbers of participant during the on going event and not on the final number of participants in the world of boss event. I think that was on Reddit (lost the link) and the math did the math and showed the complainant how wrong he was.

Personally I am seeing a lot of new players recently specialy in arena with their full SSS team while be 40+... so I am not worrying at all.

How are you getting 500/week? Top 1% across the board is only 440, and even that is really hard to get due to world boss

He must be able to get into the 1% ranking because I am able to regulary rank into the 5% (except for lab) :

Guild Battle once a week : between 30+20 rubies (250 GB point)
World boss twice a week : ranked 5% > 140 rubies
Arena : ranked 5% > 80 rubies
Daily quests 7 time a week : 7x7 = 49 rubies (each week)
Weekly quest : 17 rubies
Lab : ranked 11% > 30 rubies

Total : 336 rubies

Guild battle reward could be better if my guild didn't have 20 leechers.
It's not that hard to get 70 rubies per week in guild battle if all the 50 members do their job by just getting 250 GB points. /salty

Edit : here a compile of rubies that 1% ranked can get per week.

Guild Battle once a week : 120 (I didn't added personal reward)
World boss twice a week : 200
Arena : 120
Daily quests 7 time a week : 7x7 = 49
Weekly quest : 17
Lab : 120

Total 626 rubies per week.

commish

49 a week from daily quests
15, i think, from weekly quests
World boss - top 5% - 75 from each world boss (extra 5 if you use all your boss attempts)
Arena - top 1% - 120
Lab - top 1% - 120

Rest from guild battles. That's usually either 70 or 45 for guild's success, and then I think it's 40 or 50 for my own. Can't remember exact numbers and I can't go check until it's live again.

Top Bottom