• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Pejo

I have personally increased my score nearly 3x simply by kicking my healer out. I forget who gave that advice a few pages back, but that's been absolutely huge for me on both world bosses. I can't believe I never even considered it until now. I hit just shy of 500k on my first attempt with Hydra this week with no healer, last week I think I was topped out after 10 runs at like 176k.

I have personally increased my score nearly 3x simply by kicking my healer out. I forget who gave that advice a few pages back, but that's been absolutely huge for me on both world bosses. I can't believe I never even considered it until now. I hit just shy of 500k on my first attempt with Hydra this week with no healer, last week I think I was topped out after 10 runs at like 176k.

That's good up until about 600k points, but Hydra does a lot of damage, if you have no healer you're always going to die at about the 3rd rage. Golem is a different story, you never need a healer on Golem.

I tried this week with my priest who is level 59 to be solo healer, but since she's using all crappy dungeon gear she couldn't keep up enough to solo heal. Maybe next week after she hits 60 and can get some Blazing gear it will be better.

KimChi

No healer is only viable on golem, hydra does way more damage. I'm able to handle the damage with my priest healing the party for golem, hydra not so much. Granted my priest isn't really geared nor is the rest of my party since I've been neglecting phoenix raids for most of the week lol.

Pejo

That's good up until about 600k points, but Hydra does a lot of damage, if you have no healer you're always going to die at about the 3rd rage. Golem is a different story, you never need a healer on Golem.

I tried this week with my priest who is level 59 to be solo healer, but since she's using all crappy dungeon gear she couldn't keep up enough to solo heal. Maybe next week after she hits 60 and can get some Blazing gear it will be better.

Yea as it stands now, I was praying to RNG for Belle Snow to summon any sort of healer for her 2nd-3rd summon skill use. I really need to +ULT Snow, I feel like that would make a lot of my weekly goals better, since all of her summoned allies will also be better. Stilll, when the moons align, and she summons just the right unit at just the right time, nothing beats it.

garath

I really need to get my priest to 60. I have better gear than my rogue has waiting for her. I keep getting int gear in the Phoenix raid :/

But a priest will make a big difference in world bosses. I can't even crack 200k right now :(

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Interestingly enough, my highest score for lab this week came when I forgot to use a healer. Just ran with 5 DPS.

Well, so far the 'rebirthing experience' worked out okay... luckily. I accidentally rebirthed my Turq instead of my Freya, and got a Loki (I didn't have a SSS rogue before). Then, I rebirthed my Freya and got a Whay (nice improvement over Turq, apparently). Finally, my SS combine got me a Patta, who I didn't already have, so he's fodder + 10 gems :).

Still have to max Loki and Whay to make them fully useful, but ultimately I think that was a good improvement over Turq and Freya :).

On to a Bloodwind this weekend!

JigsawX

Need some opinions

Just combined and got the second paladin, ari
Was going to go for blackaria next but should I instead wait for the angel pally ascend?

Also my current tank is pata. Does Ari replace him for the current content?

I've been using them for allies, since I had bad luck with the accessories from the Rose event. Had decent luck with the lollipops, though (had an A from a purple pull, and a S from an orange one). Actually only got an A from my one rainbow pull, too.

KimChi

Need some opinions

Was going to go for blackaria next but should I instead wait for the angel pally ascend?

if you can go for blackaria just go for her first. We don't know how they are releasing angels yet so you might end up waiting a month or more, plus you will need to farm for angel essence.
As for replacing pata I guess so? she is more supportive then offense, so up to you really. I'll be getting her anyway since I have Ari.
Angel of Justice – Kamiel – Paladin

Normal Attack : Splash damage + stun chance

Skill 1: 319% damage + stun for 10 sec with 50% chance
Skill 2: Resurrect 1 ally with 100% hp + reset cooldown skill
Skill 3: Cast shield for 21 sec

Passive 1: Critical damage -70%
Passive 2: resurrect all party member with 35% hp when she dies
What do you guys think of the lollipops? Worth it for the cards or allies only?
I'm just going for the allies to have more fodder, you can gamble with the skill cards if you dont need fodder I guess. They are single stat cards and can roll any of the stat cards you find in daily dungeon.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Need some opinions

You'll be waiting a while if you want to ascend Ari. At least a few months, I think. We haven't even received our first angels yet, and the next update probably won't have angels either. I wouldn't wait.

As for Patta vs. Ari, I have them both and use them interchangeably and sometimes together. If I had one, I wouldn't level up the other to be a replacement. There's almost no content that requires a tank anyway. IMO tanks are VASTLY VASTLY overrated in this game.

What do you guys think of the lollipops? Worth it for the cards or allies only?

Cards are not that good imo, so I am using them for allies and tickets.

Calgar, Wolf of Death. Coming in 2-2 update

f8YVDB4.jpg

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonblaz...dit_exclusive_chapter_22_new_ally_teaser_sss/

KimChi

Is he unique to global? Would be cool if we get our own units.

Nope
UcEKH2h.png

If we get exclusive units I assume they would state em as such. Only the Japan server has exclusive units so far I think. Would be nice to get an exclusive unit for Halloween or Christmas.

Rurunaki

Nope
UcEKH2h.png

If we get exclusive units I assume they would state em as such. Only the Japan server has exclusive units so far I think. Would be nice to get an exclusive unit for Halloween or Christmas.

Japan has exclusive unit? Anyway, the new set of Orc seems to be a copy of the old Orcs albeit much stronger.. Here's to a better "Archer Ur"..

Pejo

If you check the various tier charts around, Calgar is top tier rated priest.

Good news for people still lacking a SSS healer.

Wonder why the priests are all riding something after season 1. Are they trying to say healers are lazy? Because I've been saying that for years in MMOs. Vindication!

vato_loco

In your opinion, Tiel or Ari for my team? I'll use the other one for fodder once I can level my SSS units to get my very first and hopefully awesome Draco or whatever the hell comes after SSS.

Ari becomes an Angel in the Korean server, right? Meaning that it would be wise to keep her instead of using her for fodder.

Rurunaki

I wanna get excited for the new SSS units.. However, I know they'll just end up in the back burner unless they are actually stronger or on par with the Dracos?

goober

In your opinion, Tiel or Ari for my team? I'll use the other one for fodder once I can level my SSS units to get my very first and hopefully awesome Draco or whatever the hell comes after SSS.

Ari becomes an Angel in the Korean server, right? Meaning that it would be wise to keep her instead of using her for fodder.

My understanding is that they both do, and Ari is the bootleg version of Tiel. Kinda like how Un is the lesser version of Loki and Tyran is bootleg version of Byron.

KimChi

I prefer Tiel>Ari since she has an aoe stun. Aside from that they are both the same.
Might be worth keeping both actually, since they can also turn into the Boden Paladin.

vato_loco

It's a good idea to keep them both then, but that means I have to find another SSS to merge with my Percy. Ah well, not like I'm in a hurry or anything.

I'm really close to reaching lvl 50, I'm hoping both 50% EXP this Saturday and Sunday will get me there.

Rebirthed Freyd today and got Knight Ari. Will hurt my performance on Golem a tad, but I wasn't getting 1% anyway and it won't drop me below 5%, so nothing lost imo.

Only reason I did it is because Freyd was the first SSS i ever pulled, so was already at max, and a few days ago I pulled Fulson, so Freyd was unnecessary.

Anyway, glad to finally have a paladin. All i need now is a summoner and Im set for angels.

JigsawX

Ugh wish that update that make all the Draco essences into one was already here, than I would have 40 essences to work on Blackaria

Cybolt

Finally managed to make my first Draco! Went with Brightspark due to lack of Priest but hopefully this will help greatly with improving my WB scores, which has been my weakest point.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Finally managed to make my first Draco! Went with Brightspark due to lack of Priest but hopefully this will help greatly with improving my WB scores, which has been my weakest point.

Tell us how it goes next week when you get her geared up/leveled up

garath

Another 60 shoes during the increased drop rate last night and not a single essence. Rng going to rng. At this point I may just drop the rubies.

I'm really thinking now since I'm not going to make bloodwind I should retired Farq and replace him in my party with a new SSS. I have whay and loki both looking appealing for that role. Whay would probably be smarter since I can later turn her into an angel. But loki looks so good in arena. I want to save S fodder for working on brightspark when I make her so only want to max one of them. Decisions decisions.

Pejo

Combined for another SSS last night, and got Toori. Excited to see how she does next week on Golem. She'll ultimately be fodder, but no sense in throwing her away just yet without seeing what she can do.

Got 100 rubies in my mailbox last night. The message said "Item from GM Belle". Anyone else get this? Or know what it is?

Also, that EU code is some grade A bullshit. Way to piss off everyone that isn't European.

KimChi

Yeah that's a pretty sweet freebie. Maybe we'll get something...

As much as I want those freebies, I doubt it. The only freebies US will get is probably from the livestream today -_-. They are more then welcome to prove me wrong though :p
Pretty sure EU has gotten some codes before that US never got.

Top Bottom