• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

vato_loco

OH FUCK YES, YOU RNGEESUS MOTHERHUMPER!

Got Brightspark for the free SSS!!!!!! Which means she is gonna be my first Draco!

So... uh... how do I make a Draco Brighstpark...? Do I evolve her with some other SSS fodder?

StuffRuff

OH FUCK YES, YOU RNGEESUS MOTHERHUMPER!

Got Brightspark for the free SSS!!!!!! Which means she is gonna be my first Draco!

So... uh... how do I make a Draco Brighstpark...? Do I evolve her with some other SSS fodder?

Nice pull!

Enhance her to MAX and then use 5 SSS to enhance her to ULT. Then use 10 essences to diefy her.

vato_loco

Nice pull!

Enhance her to MAX and then use 5 SSS to enhance her to ULT. Then use 10 essences to diefy her.

SURE! I CAN D...... wait what? 5 SSS to enhance her to ULT and THEN use 10 essences? I'm not even at the point where I get essences as drops.

So that's a long ways to go. What happens when I fuse 2 MAX SSS? Is that a thing?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
SURE! I CAN D...... wait what? 5 SSS to enhance her to ULT and THEN use 10 essences? I'm not even at the point where I get essences as drops.

So that's a long ways to go. What happens when I fuse 2 MAX SSS? Is that a thing?

That's not a thing. The first Max SSS would just become Max + 1 and the second would disappear forever.

Ah true so just to make sure for the angel summoner does it require a summomer type or just any mage? Does it replace bloodwind or spark?

Yeah you need a summoner to make the angel summoner.

vato_loco

That's not a thing. The first Max SSS would just become Max + 1 and the second would disappear forever.
Oh, OK. I'm not even doing Legendary and I already have a Draco-able character, so that's nice I guess.

Time for the 10+2 and start all the grinding for all those SSS I need to deify her.

commish

Oh, OK. I'm not even doing Legendary and I already have a Draco-able character, so that's nice I guess.

Time for the 10+2 and start all the grinding for all those SSS I need to deify her.

Just so you know, *any* SSS is draco-able. What makes Brightspark so great is that she's awesome even as she is.

In other news, the XP needed to reach 64 is real. Good lord. I have a ton of shoes saved up but still. Will take a while.

nico1982

As anticipated, I just created a NeoGAF guild on the EU server. The emblem isn't exactly good looking but it is one that resemble the gaf logo decently enough XD

My account name is Svante, character's is either Svante (lv.51 warrior) or Malaverna (lv.20-something mage).

If you are interested joining in, just send me a PM here and/or a friend request in the game. If you are already member of a well-managed guild, think twice before leaving the old one. Or at least leave it on good terms :p

Pejo

I woke up and did some 10+2 pulls, got 2 SS's, which is better than I've ever done. Combined some other SS's I had previously, hoping for a SSS healer finally and.....Turq.

=/

I might have enough fodder to make one more SSS today provided I get lucky % wise on enhances. I've calculated now, 19 total SSS's I've created/received and not a single healer in the mix.
Don't mind me, just hoping the "complain on GAF" trick works.

arevin01

My last few pulls have been ridiculous. I've been wanting fodder but the game keeps giving game top tier allies. Got brightspark with the free pull. My last few pulls were...

Whay
Ann
Ackard
Shabelle
Mercedes
Brightspark

Otheradam

I woke up and did some 10+2 pulls, got 2 SS's, which is better than I've ever done. Combined some other SS's I had previously, hoping for a SSS healer finally and.....Turq.

=/

I might have enough fodder to make one more SSS today provided I get lucky % wise on enhances. I've calculated now, 19 total SSS's I've created/received and not a single healer in the mix.
Don't mind me, just hoping the "complain on GAF" trick works.

I made a SSS this morning at got Turq too... again. So I can't even get the rubies for max rapport. Oh well, at least now I can make Blackaria. 4 more essences to go!

vato_loco

Just so you know, *any* SSS is draco-able. What makes Brightspark so great is that she's awesome even as she is.

In other news, the XP needed to reach 64 is real. Good lord. I have a ton of shoes saved up but still. Will take a while.

Waaaitaminute. Are you telling me that if I use my Brightspark to get a Draco, she may not become Draco Brightspark? Hell, might as well use some other SSS as fodder then.

Yaari

Waaaitaminute. Are you telling me that if I use my Brightspark to get a Draco, she may not become Draco Brightspark? Hell, might as well use some other SSS as fodder then.
Dracos are guaranteed to turn into the type of unit you are using. So a Mage being Deified is always a Draco Brightspark.

Just like a priest will always be Blackaria.

He was just saying that even the worst fodder can become a great Draco unit. If you want to keep that Brightspark then you can, any other crappy mage will result in the same Draco Brightspark. But I'd personally don't see a use for the both of them.

Whizkid7

No, what he's saying is that any SSS can become a Draco, but they can only become a Draco of the type they are. Any mage SSS can become Draco Brightspark, but they have to be a mage. If you Deify your Brightspark, she will always Deify into Draco Brightspark.

RedZone

Neo Member

any mage can become a draco bright spark right now, you just need any mage +max ultimate and 10 draco bs essence and 800k gold

vato_loco

Dracos are guaranteed to turn into the type of unit you are using. So a Mage being Deified is always a Draco Brightspark.

No, what he's saying is that any SSS can become a Draco, but they can only become a Draco of the type they are. Any mage SSS can become Draco Brightspark, but they have to be a mage. If you Deify your Brightspark, she will always Deify into Draco Brightspark.

any mage can become a draco bright spark right now, you just need any mage +max ultimate and 10 draco bs essence and 800k gold

Noted. I just found a good use for my now useless Dark Assassin Percy. I'm still at least a month away from this, but at least I now have a North to go to.

ChrisG683

My last few pulls have been ridiculous. I've been wanting fodder but the game keeps giving game top tier allies. Got brightspark with the free pull. My last few pulls were...

Whay
Ann
Ackard
Shabelle
Mercedes
Brightspark

My SSS pulls have been either top tier or trash. At first I was agitated that I wasn't able to get Bloodwind ASAP, but I'm starting to feel the effects of having a much more balanced party now

Shabelle x 2
Brightspark
Whay
Loki (today's pull)
Caberra

Pagu
Dark Gnoll x 2
Ranger Kay x 2

I'm so glad I got Loki today, having 3 mages was severely limiting my golem score, I already got a 100k boost from a +0 Loki (that and having Misty for the -DEF debuff).

On the note of bosses, I had a question about the rage shield. Is breaking the rage shield determined by the total amount of damage dealt up to that point, or only the amount of damage you deal in the 10 second window?

commish

*Look at his 150+ shoes*
I want the auto-retry dungeon option...
*cry*

My team isn't strong enough to beat each stage on auto. I sometimes look up to see them dead. I really, REALLY, need an SSS healer. I'm tempted to rebirth my Pagu in an effort to get one. Pagu is just fodder anyway.

niosh

Banned
Noted. I just found a good use for my now useless Dark Assassin Percy. I'm still at least a month away from this, but at least I now have a North to go to.

Just my advice but unless you're rolling in top tier dps, I would keep regular Brightspark and Deify another mage to Draco Brightspark.

She is an amazing SSS pull.

Salamande

Agh, I wish you could switch your units around in the Formation screen. There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it, and it's bugging the hell out of me.

That said, they're as strong as I hoped (using the Mage formation for tough fights makes a noticeable difference). It looks like Formations will definitely be affecting the balance of power in the events. If you want a high score on WB or Lab, you'll probably need to have the right ones from here on in.

I've got the following units:

Draco:
Brightspark+7
Bloodwind+MAX

SSS:
Gram+MAX
Fulson+MAX
Mercedes MAX+2
Deathcrown+MAX
Ari
Loki
Dark Gnoll

My question is, would you continue limit breaking Mercedes to make Blackaria? Or would you work on Limit Breaking Brightspark or Bloodwind instead?

Blackaria is probably the biggest net gain, but it's just such a resource drain to level a Draco that I'm not sure I'm prepared to max another one. I do have about 17 Blackaria Essences, but I just am tired of not being able to use S allies to make new SSS, and I feel I'm getting behind because of it.

Thoughts?

Otheradam

Agh, I wish you could switch your units around in the Formation screen. There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it, and it's bugging the hell out of me.

That said, they're as strong as I hoped (using the Mage formation for tough fights makes a noticeable difference). It looks like Formations will definitely be affecting the balance of power in the events. If you want a high score on WB or Lab, you'll probably need to have the right ones from here on in.

You can, there is a place allys tab on the right side of the formation screen. The middle tab.

You can, there is a place allys tab on the right side of the formation screen. The middle tab.

That just shows you how theyre placed, you can't change it.

But I figured this out, and it makes sense. Each position you click shows yiu a hit rate. That is the probability that an enemy will attack that position. So you want your tankier guys in the positions with high hit rate, and the game automatically does this for you. So by moving guys around you'd really just be fucking yourself over

commish

Draco:
Brightspark+7
Bloodwind+MAX

SSS:
Gram+MAX
Fulson+MAX
Mercedes MAX+2
Deathcrown+MAX
Ari
Loki
Dark Gnoll

My question is, would you continue limit breaking Mercedes to make Blackaria? Or would you work on Limit Breaking Brightspark or Bloodwind instead?

Blackaria is probably the biggest net gain, but it's just such a resource drain to level a Draco that I'm not sure I'm prepared to max another one. I do have about 17 Blackaria Essences, but I just am tired of not being able to use S allies to make new SSS, and I feel I'm getting behind because of it.

Thoughts?

Behind whom? Pretty sure, with basically 2 max dracos and a max gram, you are ahead of most other people except the big spenders with ultimate dracos. I would continue to work towards Blackaria since she's the best draco by most people's estimation. Loki and Gnoll would be fodder with those other units.

JigsawX

Draco:
Brightspark+7
Bloodwind+MAX

SSS:
Gram+MAX
Fulson+MAX
Mercedes MAX+2
Deathcrown+MAX
Ari
Loki
Dark Gnoll

Thoughts?

Dam we pretty similar cept

Draco - same

Gram - patta
Fulson - turq
Mercedes - porin
Deathcrown - deathcrown
One more extra sss - belle snow max / fodder

I like yours better though heh

Salamande

That just shows you how theyre placed, you can't change it.

But I figured this out, and it makes sense. Each position you click shows yiu a hit rate. That is the probability that an enemy will attack that position. So you want your tankier guys in the positions with high hit rate, and the game automatically does this for you. So by moving guys around you'd really just be fucking yourself over

It's not just hit rate, though. Each spot provides bonuses that you can level up as the level of the formation goes up (for example, the XP formation gives the front a bonus to stamina, middle spots a bonus to attack, and rear bonuses to evade). Problem is, the game doesn't necessarily optimize when it assigns spots, so my sheep mage and healer are sometimes in the ATT spot instead of my two DPS units.

It's not the end of the world, but it kind of sucks.

It's not just hit rate, though. Each spot provides bonuses that you can level up as the level of the formation goes up (for example, the XP formation gives the front a bonus to stamina, middle spots a bonus to attack, and rear bonuses to evade). Problem is, the game doesn't necessarily optimize when it assigns spots, so my sheep mage and healer are sometimes in the ATT spot instead of my two DPS units.

It's not the end of the world, but it kind of sucks.

Yea I know, I'm just saying the hit rate is the reason why you can't move people around. You might want to move them around for the bonuses, but you'd be fucking yourself over because of the hit rate.

Behind whom? Pretty sure, with basically 2 max dracos and a max gram, you are ahead of most other people except the big spenders with ultimate dracos. I would continue to work towards Blackaria since she's the best draco by most people's estimation. Loki and Gnoll would be fodder with those other units.

It's just... the thought of maxing another draco makes me want to vommit. I'm basically putting all other progress on hold for like 2 weeks. Really stressful. I'm leaning towards going for ULTIMATE Draco Brightspark or Draco Bloodwind, but I still haven't decided which. Bloodwind has the advantage that he's already +MAX and I already have 5 Bloodwind Essences sitting around ready to go for him. I only wish I hadn't wasted those +2 on Mercedes already :-/

commish

It's just... the thought of maxing another draco makes me want to vommit. I'm basically putting all other progress on hold for like 2 weeks. Really stressful. I'm leaning towards going for ULTIMATE Draco Brightspark or Draco Bloodwind, but I still haven't decided which. Bloodwind has the advantage that he's already +MAX and I already have 5 Bloodwind Essences sitting around ready to go for him. I only wish I hadn't wasted those +2 on Mercedes already :-/

Wait for the angels. Should be a month or so. Hit the ground running once they start.

Salamande

Yea I know, I'm just saying the hit rate is the reason why you can't move people around. You might want to move them around for the bonuses, but you'd be fucking yourself over because of the hit rate.

For the front row, sure (which is 40%), but the difference in hit rate between the middle row and the back row is all of 4%. Certainly not enough to make up for the attack power difference.

you would need to reacquire all the essence or spend 300 rubies, i dont think he has an archer or summoner which i think are the first 2 angels out

Oh so the paladin doesn't come first? I pulled a Knight ari that I've been holding on to because I thought all of them would come at once.

commish

Oh so the paladin doesn't come first? I pulled a Knight ari that I've been holding on to because I thought all of them would come at once.

Kamiel or whatever his/her name is comes out last, iirc. I think that's about 3 or 4 months? I know it was almost 2 months before the patch to 64 (which we got today) and the release of the first angels in Korean.

Kamiel or whatever his/her name is comes out last, iirc. I think that's about 3 or 4 months? I know it was almost 2 months before the patch to 64 (which we got today) and the release of the first angels in Korean.

Wow wtf. In that case I might just use Ari as fodder. Blargh

commish

Wow wtf. In that case I might just use Ari as fodder. Blargh

I know, I took Ari to +Max immediately... then realized that I had months to go before I could ascend him properly. I wish I had used those resources to max out a different class.

Pejo

I'm now at an all time low for rubies, pushed through and upgraded my SS's, combined for my 20th overall SSS, and got....Brightspark. =(

Pretty much exhausted all of my resources at this point trying to get a SSS healer. RNG is a fickle, fickle mistress. I think at this point I'm just going to hold off on spending any of my SSS's for anything and wait to see if I ever get lucky, at least until some of the more desirable Angel units come out.

yamo

For the front row, sure (which is 40%), but the difference in hit rate between the middle row and the back row is all of 4%. Certainly not enough to make up for the attack power difference.

Yeah it's super annoying. I got my Whay in the back and Mer in the middle just because he has 100hp more. :/

JigsawX

Where is everyone grinding for exp? Looks like the pilgrims road might still be the best place so far

If you have the time Crystal palace is actually better

Where is everyone grinding for exp? Looks like the pilgrims road might still be the best place so far

Hmm? I'm getting over 1 million per run in Leaning Tower of Sages. Only using the formation and nothing else, and plus it gives a chance to capture the new allies (for rapport), and also has new earring accessories that might be worth acquiring.

commish

I've been hanging out at Guardian's Grave 9 but not as easily to farm as I'd like yet without a friend coming along. I get more XP at GG9 but so far, no enhancement materials, which is a bummer. Maybe I'll go back to PR9.

arevin01

I've been hanging out at Guardian's Grave 9 but not as easily to farm as I'd like yet without a friend coming along. I get more XP at GG9 but so far, no enhancement materials, which is a bummer. Maybe I'll go back to PR9.

With the exp pot, I sometimes get 2.2 mil per run.

JigsawX

Right now I'm getting 1.5 million roughly at Crystal palace but I have formation + 3 exp accessories. I'm try the new area again

GG9 gives me roughly 1 to 1.3 million but seems like 1 million moreso

Top Bottom