• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

vato_loco

Probably ditching Porin soon. I just don't need both Porin and Shabelle. Seems like a waste to keep him around for no purpose at all. Blackaria and Shabelle is enough.
You know, I had a Ranran once and I used it as fodder. Then another one, used it as fodder as well. Then I learned I was never ever supposed to do that. I haven't had a Priest (ANY Priest) since then. RNGeesus is mighty pissed at me for being an idiot.

Whizkid7

Probably ditching Porin soon. I just don't need both Porin and Shabelle. Seems like a waste to keep him around for no purpose at all. Blackaria and Shabelle is enough.

Might as well save Porin for a different Deify then. Seems like a waste to sacrifice them.

StuffRuff

So I need to start farming for BloodWind essences as my Farq is nearly ULT. Where's the best place to do this? Still Spider Vine Thicket 9?

nico1982

Give her to me XD I'm stuck with RanRan and the S orc priest since forever :\

garath

I'm not even sure what to do any more. I'm falling behind hard. Doesn't even look like I'll break top 10% in lab this week. Barely getting 20% on world bosses. Arena is the only place I keep my 5% as long as I put in the time tues and Wed but even then im seeing more and more teams I either can't beat or have to rely on not getting RNG'd. My normal team isn't terribly but I definitely see the difference between tier 1 SSS and my guys.

Max Byron
Max turq
Max Farq
Max viri
Me rogue

I have a bunch of SSS, probably should make a Draco. Long term blackaria would be best but really wouldn't do much for world bosses and maybe not lab? Plus I would have to max mer. That's going to take most of my S resources I bet. And I STILL only have 7 essences max for any Draco. Blackaria even less at 3.

I have no idea how people are 64 already too lol. I have three xp accessories and am doing the story levels and only getting max 1 mil per level without the global xp bonus. So grindy.

I guess I should just spend some rubies, get brightspark and do my best to enhance her. Essences drop too infrequently to wait anymore. I'm falling too far behind and I need an immediate improvement since I don't seem to be getting a mess of tier 1 SSS. Or maybe I should throw my resources into getting blackaria since I'm still on a max SS viri for a healer.

And if I do make brightspark, use pari or turq? Both have well over 5k attack and turq has the nice sheep skill but it doesn't land that much tbh.

Dunno. Might be hitting my limit on the grind with my new job and their insistence at giving east coast crappy times for bonuses.

Otheradam

I'm not even sure what to do any more. I'm falling behind hard. Doesn't even look like I'll break top 10% in lab this week. Barely getting 20% on world bosses. Arena is the only place I keep my 5% as long as I put in the time tues and Wed but even then im seeing more and more teams I either can't beat or have to rely on not getting RNG'd. My normal team isn't terribly but I definitely see the difference between tier 1 SSS and my guys.

Max Byron
Max turq
Max Farq
Max viri
Me rogue

I have a bunch of SSS, probably should make a Draco. Long term blackaria would be best but really wouldn't do much for world bosses and maybe not lab? Plus I would have to max mer. That's going to take most of my S resources I bet. And I STILL only have 7 essences max for any Draco. Blackaria even less at 3.

I have no idea how people are 64 already too lol. I have three xp accessories and am doing the story levels and only getting max 1 mil per level without the global xp bonus. So grindy.

I guess I should just spend some rubies, get brightspark and do my best to enhance her. Essences drop too infrequently to wait anymore. I'm falling too far behind and I need an immediate improvement since I don't seem to be getting a mess of tier 1 SSS. Or maybe I should throw my resources into getting blackaria since I'm still on a max SS viri for a healer.

And if I do make brightspark, use pari or turq? Both have well over 5k attack and turq has the nice sheep skill but it doesn't land that much tbh.

Dunno. Might be hitting my limit on the grind with my new job and their insistence at giving east coast crappy times for bonuses.

Are you hoarding rubies? I got to 6 essences for Bloodwind and just bought the rest. RNG sucks. Have 20 Deathcrown and less than 10 of the others and I don't plan to make Deathcrown ever. Sounds like DPS is what you need the most. Bloodwind or Brightspark would give you a considerable boost even without any enchants. I saw a difference immediately.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Honestly, spending 50 rubies on the exp buff was one of the best things I've spend rubies on. Being able to cut your grinding time in half (well, probably 40% less) is so huge.

And you need to start making Draco. Not sure why people are so against spending rubies on essences. What is the point in saving them? Is spending 120 rubies on 4 essences and making Brightspark not a better deal than getting 4 A rank allies? I'd rather have my draco up and dominating.

The thing about this game is that, in a way, you realize a return in your investment when you spend rubies on things like essences. By making draco, you will be able to place higher in the events, which gets you more rubies - definitely more than the ones you spent on essences. I spent 50 rubies on the exp buff, which allowed me to gain more levels than other people which allowed me to place higher in the world boss than I ever have, thus earning me back my 50 rubies.

It's just so, so hard to farm for specific essences since they drop so rarely and because you have a 1 in 5 chance of getting the one you want.

Honestly, spending 50 rubies on the exp buff was one of the best things I've spend rubies on. Being able to cut your grinding time in half (well, probably 40% less) is so huge.

In addition to the 50 rubies on exp potion, you also have to spend about 200 on shoes to make the most efficient use of those 50

Yaari

Yeah I too used rubies for my first Draco essences. By the time you have the next 5 SSS ready, you will probably have a clear path about what to do next.

As for what to use, I'd probably go with whatever unit is closest to MAX already. I didn't intend on keeping the Turq in the long run so she was used as fodder.

I'm not sure why you struggle with the first Draco, garath. your luck with pulls has not been that bad.

Then again my focus pretty much from the start has been on getting SSS asap. I didn't focus on upgrading my SSS until I could get a Draco out of it, so pretty much anything I got for fodder, went to pumping out as many SSS as I could. If I were you I'd get the Draco Brightspark whatever it takes. And then just keep grinding.

And yeah, people being 64 is just the exp pot, and some hours put into it. Just hoarding of shoes. It's not that special. I don't intend on buying a pot because I'll get 64 soon enough. I need to do it 3 times anyway so it will take me a few weeks.

And yeah my luck with healers has been pretty insane. Sometimes I still run into full SSS teams that use a SS (or even S) healer.

garath

Yeah I too used rubies for my first Draco essences. By the time you have the next 5 SSS ready, you will probably have a clear path about what to do next.

As for what to use, I'd probably go with whatever unit is closest to MAX already. I didn't intend on keeping the Turq in the long run so she was used as fodder.

I'm not sure why you struggle with the first Draco, garath. your luck with pulls has not been that bad.

Then again my focus pretty much from the start has been on getting SSS asap. I didn't focus on upgrading my SSS until I could get a Draco out of it, so pretty much anything I got for fodder, went to pumping out as many SSS as I could. If I were you I'd get the Draco Brightspark whatever it takes. And then just keep grinding.

And yeah, people being 64 is just the exp pot, and some hours put into it. Just hoarding of shoes. It's not that special. I don't intend on buying a pot because I'll get 64 soon enough. I need to do it 3 times anyway so it will take me a few weeks.

And yeah my luck with healers has been pretty insane. Sometimes I still run into full SSS teams that use a SS (or even S) healer.

Luck hasn't been terrible I guess it's mostly missing the essences and struggling which Draco to make first. I think I'll just go brightspark immediately and then go blackaria next if I have enough S to max mer.

I just spent a huge chunk of rubies on pulls so I need another 50 or so to get the 5 for brightspark. Would get it tomorrow if I wasn't at 10.05% in lab lol.

I have both pari and turq max so not sure which one to defiy. Was originally thinking pari since turq was higher on some tier lists but in terms of raw dps, pari might have the edge. Dunno.

vato_loco

Since you bought that already, does the 50% exp buff stack with the 30% / 50% exp buff from the game itself?

Takuan

Have you enhanced your allys and their gear?

Only two of my party are max-enhanced, one of them being RanRan. On the equipment side, I think two are also maxed and the others aren't running with the best equipment; I guess raidspam is the best approach to take here, since I can't complete Legendary Daily Dungeons and Hero DDs don't really give the greatest equipment.

I've grown a bit weary of the grind. I actually wound up a bunch of S class guys last week to get another SSS and got Dark Swordsman Pagu. Haven't really done much aside from log in daily since then :\

If it helps, my relevant roster is as follows:

SSS - Patta, Pearla, Pagu, Mer
SS - Urk (Max), Rabit (+3), Robellia (+1), Dark Breath, Kai, Ger, Vurch, Tirud, Tirahl
S - Ranran (Max)

Prior to getting Patta as my freebie, I was using Urk/Rabit/Ranran/Mer. I've read Patta is pretty good, so I'm thinking of switching Rabit out since he's more of a single target guy. Should I just feed everything S and under to enhance the remainder of my party and finally run through Legendary?

commish

Since you bought that already, does the 50% exp buff stack with the 30% / 50% exp buff from the game itself?

They all stack, but keep in mind it's all a percentage of the base. So, if it's 700k normally, having 200% in bonuses brings you to 2.1m total. During the +30% exp bonus last night, I was getting about 2.6m per run.

In addition to the 50 rubies on exp potion, you also have to spend about 200 on shoes to make the most efficient use of those 50

I just saved my shoes in my inbox. I took my rogue to 64 without buying a single shoe and I still have 150 in my inbox for my mage to use. Between login bonuses, dailies and the Twitch code, you could have had a ton stored up.

Yaari

Luck hasn't been terrible I guess it's mostly missing the essences and struggling which Draco to make first. I think I'll just go brightspark immediately and then go blackaria next if I have enough S to max mer.

I just spent a huge chunk of rubies on pulls so I need another 50 or so to get the 5 for brightspark. Would get it tomorrow if I wasn't at 10.05% in lab lol.

I have both pari and turq max so not sure which one to defiy. Was originally thinking pari since turq was higher on some tier lists but in terms of raw dps, pari might have the edge. Dunno.

I like them both, they both aren't bad. Can't really help you there. I guess I'd keep whichever is better equipped. The AoE debuff on Pari is nice but you kind of need damage.

Whichever you choose the other one will be fodder for the next one, or atleast thats what my approach would be. So it doesn't make too much of a difference. You need the damage more I think. I'd probably keep Turq. The sheep doesn't land often but it can help a bit.

I don't know how many SSS you have left unused after making Brightspark. It will probably take a while to get new ones out there. I'm just constantly making new SS. I'll max the SS the moment I have it to get space for more fodder to use on regular S.

vato_loco

They all stack, but keep in mind it's all a percentage of the base. So, if it's 700k normally, having 200% in bonuses brings you to 2.1m total. During the +30% exp bonus last night, I was getting about 2.6m per run.

I just saved my shoes in my inbox. I took my rogue to 64 without buying a single shoe and I still have 150 in my inbox for my mage to use. Between login bonuses, dailies and the Twitch code, you could have had a ton stored up.
Awesome. Another question: you get rubies when you finish a story in a certain difficulty. If I do it again with another character, do I get the rubies again, or is it just a one time thing?

JigsawX

Was expecting a fodder sss but I just got the new wolf healer calgar. My next Draco this weekend going to be blackaria. Originally was going to use konfi as the base and keep porin as my side. Should I keep calgar instead or keep both?

Yaari

Was expecting a fodder sss but I just got the new wolf healer calgar. My next Draco this weekend going to be blackaria. Originally was going to use konfi as the base and keep porin as my side. Should I keep calgar instead or keep both?

I was hearing that Calgar is great. So you probably want to keep that.

RedZone

Neo Member
Awesome. Another question: you get rubies when you finish a story in a certain difficulty. If I do it again with another character, do I get the rubies again, or is it just a one time thing?

you get ruby rewards only for clearing the raids on new chars and only once per class mage/rogue/priest etc

keep calgar sacrifice konfi/porin

KimChi

I've been with Viri for months. :(
Same here, I've been using Viri since launch, and I've pulled 7 ranran's from premium -_-

Max Byron
Max turq
Max Farq
Max viri
Me rogue

I'm kinda surprised you don't have a Draco yet, thought you would've got one by now.
imo use pari for Draco Brightspark, only cause Turq has sheep. Otherwise they are pretty much the same unit, so you can't go wrong with either. Ignore ever getting Blackaria until you at least have Draco Brightspark, you are lacking dps not heals. Since you haven't had much luck with essences lately just buy the remaining essences you need for Brightspark, she is the most immediate boost you will get out of any Draco imo. Hopefully you got some gear to up her hp too.

Kinda wish I didn't even make Bloodwind(he hits like shit with no defense pen and I haven't been able to find a single bow with it >.>)
I'm kinda in a dilemma about what to do. I did another SSS combine and it was another Archer Pitch.....this is like my 4th dupe of him -_- he needs to go burn in a fire. I've got enough fodder to either make Greysoul or Deathcrown for the hell of it or work on enhancing Aura Windlune and Ultimate her in prep for the angel archer or Ultimate Draco Brightspark whenever I find another 5 essences. So prep angel archer or just Ult Brightspark?

That is only a one time thing, you can't get those rubies again on another character. Your other characters can get free rubies from beating each raid boss on each difficulty once and in order though.

RedZone

Neo Member
Same here, I've been using Viri since launch, and I've pulled 7 ranran's from premium -_-

I'm kinda surprised you don't have a Draco yet, thought you would've got one by now.
imo use pari for Draco Brightspark, only cause Turq has sheep. Otherwise they are pretty much the same unit, so you can't go wrong with either. Ignore ever getting Blackaria until you at least have Draco Brightspark, you are lacking dps not heals. Since you haven't had much luck with essences lately just buy the remaining essences you need for Brightspark, she is the most immediate boost you will get out of any Draco imo. Hopefully you got some gear to up her hp too.

Kinda wish I didn't even make Bloodwind(he hits like shit with no defense pen and I haven't been able to find a single bow with it >.>)
I'm kinda in a dilemma about what to do. I did another SSS combine and it was another Archer Pitch.....this is like my 4th dupe of him -_- he needs to go burn in a fire. I've got enough fodder to either make Greysoul or Deathcrown for the hell of it or work on enhancing Aura Windlune and Ultimate her in prep for the angel archer or Ultimate Draco Brightspark whenever I find another 5 essences. So prep angel archer or just Ult Brightspark?

if you want a boost for hydra or guild battle id go for ult bs, otherwise just wait for the angel archer. this is assuming the rest of your party is filled in already

commish

Okay, finally ready to make my second Draco. Going to be BS. I was hoping for Blackaria but RNG is RNG. I somehow pulled an SS from premium summon (my first non-S/A yet), so that was pretty awesome.

I got an Ari from a combine, should I use her or my Tyran still?

Use Tyran but save Ari for ascending later. That said, you can use Ari WITH Tyran - I use Ari + tank often in lab and arena and story missions.

Pejo

Just twist the knife why don't you. I got super lucky this morning and got enough enhances to combine for another SSS, got Pirate King Byron. 21 unique SSS with no healer now.

garath

That is only a one time thing, you can't get those rubies again on another character. Your other characters can get free rubies from beating each raid boss on each difficulty once and in order though.

Thanks. Nice to have a couple more opinions than my own on the state of things. My Draco has always been delayed because I have some decent SSS I don't want to give up like loki and windlune so I'd wait until the next SSS. Plus I didn't want to use the rubies and I spent a chunk of time leveling my priest and not getting essences. Then I got mer and it got even more murky.

Oh well. Gonna just do it. Make the brightspark. I actually may be a few hundred thousand gold short though lol. I can't stay up until the cost decrease so just going to have to suck it up and grind some labyrinth or something.

ChrisG683

I'm starting to run into the issue of having too many SS fodders, and not enough B fodders to combine them into SSS.

I've got C fodder spilling out of my ears, any tips on how to get these SS fodders upgraded?

Yaari

I'm starting to run into the issue of having too many SS fodders, and not enough B fodders to combine them into SSS.

I've got C fodder spilling out of my ears, any tips on how to get these SS fodders upgraded?

When I got too many C's, I just put them on a S I still have around, to make some room. But really, upgrading a SS at 16%, it costs plenty of C's to begin with. I don't know how much % you aim for before you start.

If you got too much C's then perhaps you are using too many B's to get the % up.

ChrisG683

When I got too many C's, I just put them on a S I still have around, to make some room. But really, upgrading a SS at 16%, it costs plenty of C's to begin with. I don't know how much % you aim for before you start.

If you got too much C's then perhaps you are using too many B's to get the % up.

I dump my C's into S's, but that's how I wound up with 6 SS fodders now. I use B's on my SS until about 15-20%, then finish with C's.

The problem is I get like 20-30 C's for every B, and I can't keep up with my SS production rate.

KimChi

Thanks. Nice to have a couple more opinions than my own on the state of things. My Draco has always been delayed because I have some decent SSS I don't want to give up like loki and windlune so I'd wait until the next SSS. Plus I didn't want to use the rubies and I spent a chunk of time leveling my priest and not getting essences. Then I got mer and it got even more murky.

Oh well. Gonna just do it. Make the brightspark. I actually may be a few hundred thousand gold short though lol. I can't stay up until the cost decrease so just going to have to suck it up and grind some labyrinth or something.
Honestly, I'm baffled they still haven't even fixed the bonuses for east coast players yet, why exactly they even need to run that change by the korean devs makes no sense to me and has resulted in nothing so far.

Like Yaari I always throw C's to enhance an S when I have too many.
It sounds like your only using B's to upgrade SS? If so that will take forever especially since they aren't as easy to obtain like C's, at least use 1-2 A to build up the % then use B's.

Honestly, I'm baffled they still haven't even fixed the bonuses for east coast players yet, why exactly they even need to run that change by the korean devs makes no sense to me and has resulted in nothing so far.

There's no US devs in the first place. Gamevil KR are the only programmers that work on the game. So any change has to be run by Gamevil KR because they're the ones who actually implement the change.

They probably have a system set up whereby the US community managers and whatever can create their own codes for events and stuff, but if it involves modifying game code, I don't think anyone else could do it even if they wanted to

ChrisG683

It sounds like your only using B's to upgrade SS? If so that will take forever especially since they aren't as easy to obtain like C's, at least use 1-2 A to build up the % then use B's.

Yeah... I usually try to save my A's for the SSS, but I guess I don't have much choice unless they give us an easier way to farm B's.

garath

Yep. The times suck. I've missed all the free A units this month too. Very saddening.

I have 2.7mil gold. I think I remember someone saying taking a max SSS to defiy is around 3.2mil. I'm probably short. There's a lot of grind bottlenecks around making a draco!

Yep. The times suck. I've missed all the free A units this month too. Very saddening.

I think that's the biggest reason your progress is so much slower than everyone else. I mean you've basically missed anywhere from 40-60 A units and 5-10 S units (since the weekends are A~S). That's enough to max an SSS, or create a new SSS from scratch.

If you could figure out how to do the Bluestacks scripts, you could program one that would log into the game for you and collect your reward.

RedZone

Neo Member

you should be using 1A then B/C for enhancing SS, it takes too many B's otherwise,

as for C i use them on A or S to upgrade into S/SS, ideally you should combine 2 A's together to make an S because you get 9% fail bonus vs 3+3 when you fail with an S vs 2 A's on SSS

you should be using 1A then B/C for enhancing SS, it takes too many B's otherwise,

as for C i use them on A or S to upgrade into S/SS, ideally you should combine 2 A's together to make an S because you get 9% fail bonus vs 3+3 when you fail with an S vs 2 A's on SSS

I used to advocate using nothing but B's on SS, but that was back in the days of Myth mode, where B's were more plentiful. It's unfortuante that the ally encounter quality rate dropped between chapter 1 and chapter 2. I mean Myth -> Normal makes sense, but at the same time if the difficulty, exp gain, gear drops, and everything else is progressing, it's kind of unfair that the ally encounters didn't progress accordingly.

Salamande

Thank goodness for all the whales.

j96kXbOx2liEaylobaoivr-MUOxsLqoG5t-x6nddPg4=w1136-h445-no

garath

I think that's the biggest reason your progress is so much slower than everyone else. I mean you've basically missed anywhere from 40-60 A units and 5-10 S units (since the weekends are A~S). That's enough to max an SSS, or create a new SSS from scratch.

If you could figure out how to do the Bluestacks scripts, you could program one that would log into the game for you and collect your reward.

Ouch yeah. I've avoided thinking about it but yeah. Its basically an SSS this month I've missed out on ugh. Gonna look into the scripting option for sure. I use Andyroid. It may be enough just to keep it open and alive. Maybe send a click here and there.

commish

The SS gear from the new raid is very disappointing. They don't seem to be much of an upgrade from the phoenix.

Defense rating seems quite a bit higher, at least on the pieces I have so far. And the set bonus is a lot better.

I've picked a few pieces of the raid gear and there's not a huge jump over old raid gear. The biggest difference seems to be that the items seem to be itemized better - no + elemental damage yet, and only one has +boss damage.

Rurunaki

Combined for some dark dude called Archer Pelas. Not looking particularly bad but definitely fodder for a Draco.

Bruh.. Pelas is so good against World Bosses.. He takes over Ur's spot.. I've seen Korean teams use him all the way up to Chapter 3 with the Bodens.. I envy you.

arevin01

Defense rating seems quite a bit higher, at least on the pieces I have so far. And the set bonus is a lot better.

I've picked a few pieces of the raid gear and there's not a huge jump over old raid gear. The biggest difference seems to be that the items seem to be itemized better - no + elemental damage yet, and only one has +boss damage.

Yeah but bonuses 2pc bonus for allies don't seem to be good for priests, mages, and tanks. I think I'd rather have the extra STA bonus from phoenix.

Top Bottom