• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Legend raids are going to be slim picking Id imagine

At least for awhile assuming the population for this game stays healthy

That's the main problem with this type of game where you are reliant on other people. They should allow some NPCs (playing other people's characters) to sub in like other games do if no humans are around. There's really no reason not to have this set up.

Legend raids are solid. I can always get a group through matchmaking. Its just the komodo raid that is useless.

Aww gotcha

Are the Hero Mode Deathcrown rewards decent?

Ive been rolling his full set all through Hero and have yet to replace it. Im currently running Shadowcrag though and that might be the way to go.

He has great drops and drop rate and the gear stats look good.

garath

Legend raids are solid. I can always get a group through matchmaking. Its just the komodo raid that is useless.

Nice yeah. Storm Tyrant matchmaking is quick. Awesome. Saw my first SSS item too. Boots for that sweet 10 extra rubies lol.

Getting level 50s in the raid party too. Guess this is a good farming spot.

Getting SS rank every time. Level 50s crush this thing.

draw4wild

The double healer is a must imo. Strongest aoe/revive healer you have + the strongest single target healer.

Outside of that, team looks good. I had to grind to level 42 and I spent quite a bit of time fleshing out my entire team's gear. I also took a level 46 healer friend. Just surviving the AoE burst from king gram's adds was key. Whittled him down from there.
Seriously if he calls 3 mages and they all open with meteor than there's not much I can do, otherwise I cash hidden blades one dead and hopefully stun the other

Nice yeah. Storm Tyrant matchmaking is quick. Awesome. Saw my first SSS item too. Boots for that sweet 10 extra rubies lol.

So Jelly!

Trying to catch up to you guys but Im at that point now where I have to focus on team building and enhancements

Im getting there though! I have a good build system in place and the rubies are starting to flow in thanks to weekly Labirynth and Arena rewards

Einbroch

Banned
There's maintenance tonight 05/28 6:00PM - 9:00PM PDT.

Adding in new stuff:
- World Boss: Golem added
- Allies added: Princess Mercedes and Deathcrown
- Limit Break (MAX +2)
- Various bug fixes/changes

http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/show...-05-28-6-00PM-9-00PM-PDT-05-29-7-00-12-00-SGT

song_siren.gif
Yay patches.
song_siren.gif

garath

There's maintenance tonight 05/28 6:00PM - 9:00PM PDT.

Adding in new stuff:
- World Boss: Golem added
- Allies added: Princess Mercedes and Deathcrown
- Limit Break (MAX +2)
- Various bug fixes/changes

http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/show...-05-28-6-00PM-9-00PM-PDT-05-29-7-00-12-00-SGT

I wonder what the Limit break thing is.

I've spent so much time on this game so far I was thinking I'd throw $10 at it just to support it. But I'm not sure if the first month bonus (extra ally summons and 50k gold) is still valid. It originally said through 5/28 but I didn't see the pop up today. Anyone know?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Aww gotcha

Are the Hero Mode Deathcrown rewards decent?

Ive been rolling his full set all through Hero and have yet to replace it. Im currently running Shadowcrag though and that might be the way to go.

He has great drops and drop rate and the gear stats look good.

Pretty much skipped over deathcrown hero. Just rush storm tyrant legend.

commish

Garath, my mobile-loving friend, where do you put this game amongst the other mobile f2p games? I'm still doing Record Keeper and Marvel, but this one might supplant Marvel... I can only do 2 at once...

I've spent so much time on this game so far I was thinking I'd throw $10 at it just to support it. But I'm not sure if the first month bonus (extra ally summons and 50k gold) is still valid. It originally said through 5/28 but I didn't see the pop up today. Anyone know?
Assume it's no longer valid

Limit break is extra enhancement levels according to that post

So SSS can go to +10 and such.

Id rather seem them patch in Ally Skill increases. I guess the World Bosses drop the scrolls that let you buff ally skills?

Einbroch

Banned
Limit Break seems to be that you can now level your units two levels above their cap. For instance, an S could get to +8 now instead of just +6, although +6 is all that would be required for combining. Also apparently you need to get SSS to +10 for something called Ultimate Units.

20,000 LIKES Reached!
Coupon Codes:
Americas: DBUSLIKE20000
Asia: DBSEALIKE20000
EU: DBEULIKE20000
Expires: 06/30/15
Dragon Blaze 40,000 Likes!
Help us get to 40,000 Likes and receive rewards along the way!
20,000 Likes: 20,000 Gold
30,000 Likes: 30,000 Gold
40,000 Likes: 40,000 Gold

From Facebook in case anyone hasnt redeemed it yet

garath

Garath, my mobile-loving friend, where do you put this game amongst the other mobile f2p games? I'm still doing Record Keeper and Marvel, but this one might supplant Marvel... I can only do 2 at once...

Chain Chronicle is still one of the tops in my book, however I only get to play it a little bit in normal play due to the high AP costs and slow regen.

I like Record keeper but I got bored pretty quick. Even the events didn't really keep my attention. Marvel is pretty great but I hate that I can't auto battle new stuff.

This game has a few things going for it:

- Lots of content through the different difficulty levels
- Tons of play time thanks to tickets + shoes. I can literally play all day. I do most days. It stays in my lap at work and I'll just auto battle raids or labyrinths or something.
- Rubies flow. Like so many rubies. Though you NEED that many rubies to excel, at least they give them to you
- Tons of characters, evolutions, enhancing, items, item enhancing. Lots and lots of team building that can be done.
- Can be played without paying much attention to it

It's right now my favorite game. I log into Record keeper to keep my daily bonus and get the latest event character but other than that I'm all Chain Chronicle and Dragon Blaze.

I stopped playing Marvel and Brave frontier.

garath

Nice! Got an accessory that increases xp gain. That's pretty awesome. Not many other stats I can use but it's ok. Xp gain is good enough. I think I'll have to unlock the third accessory slot.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Nice! Got an accessory that increases xp gain. That's pretty awesome. Not many other stats I can use but it's ok. Xp gain is good enough. I think I'll have to unlock the third accessory slot.

Unlock all 3 asap. Accessories are awesome! (Especially since you're a rogue)

commish

Chain Chronicle is still one of the tops in my book, however I only get to play it a little bit in normal play due to the high AP costs and slow regen.

I like Record keeper but I got bored pretty quick. Even the events didn't really keep my attention. Marvel is pretty great but I hate that I can't auto battle new stuff.

This game has a few things going for it:

- Lots of content through the different difficulty levels
- Tons of play time thanks to tickets + shoes. I can literally play all day. I do most days. It stays in my lap at work and I'll just auto battle raids or labyrinths or something.
- Rubies flow. Like so many rubies. Though you NEED that many rubies to excel, at least they give them to you
- Tons of characters, evolutions, enhancing, items, item enhancing. Lots and lots of team building that can be done.
- Can be played without paying much attention to it

It's right now my favorite game. I log into Record keeper to keep my daily bonus and get the latest event character but other than that I'm all Chain Chronicle and Dragon Blaze.

I stopped playing Marvel and Brave frontier.

Yeah I stopped Brave Frontier a while ago. Although I like Record Keeper and play daily, there's really not much to it compared to other games. Still, the FF draw is pretty strong and it's pretty easy to keep up. Marvel requires a bit more time to keep up, as does Dragon Blaze (I have more stamina then I can spend), so I'll probably settle on one or the other. Having social features in this game goes far for me. That was my favorite thing about Heroes Charge, the guild/social stuff.

Yeah I stopped Brave Frontier a while ago. Although I like Record Keeper and play daily, there's really not much to it compared to other games. Still, the FF draw is pretty strong and it's pretty easy to keep up. Marvel requires a bit more time to keep up, as does Dragon Blaze (I have more stamina then I can spend), so I'll probably settle on one or the other. Having social features in this game goes far for me. That was my favorite thing about Heroes Charge, the guild/social stuff.

The largest problem with Record Keeper for me is the performance

Its slooooooww and has lots of loading and other hindrances... its also ugly as sin

I doesn't even compare to Dragon Blaze... most games dont. Its lightweight, fast, beautful, strategic.

Its the perfect example of F2P mobile done right. Shame it has such a silly name and very little to make it stand out on the store until you actually play it

Its also a very deep game in a lot of ways despite being mostly automatic.

sensui-tomo

just unlocked the second item pouch... and i'm still stuck and i need a better healer stat:/
either i gotta wait for rubies from events or try to change armor, is a complete set of level 30 armor around 4+ weapons at max SS ranked bad compared to level 37 armor also SS ranked

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Here are the things that can get you through hero mode without an amazing healer:

Max enhance every ally in your main team
Combine for more SS units
Max SS gear on all allies you should not be using 30 gear at this point.
Level up beyond 42

I would tackle those in order of top down to be most effective.

I just unlocked Storm Tyrant raid and am supposed to go meet King Gram's daughter. Difficulty is starting to ramp up quite a bit. What's the most efficient way of getting stronger at this point? My gear is kinda crappy and I'm still using mostly B/C allies (got one A and S somewhere along the way though). I'm level 13

Kitoro

Jesus how much money did you drop on this game?

I bought the $29.99 bundle at launch just to support the game. You don't have to spend a dime to get where I am. You just need to place in the top 1% of PvP, Labyrinth, and as high as possible in Guild Battles, and you're looking at an income of over 300 rubies per week, plus other various bonuses.

20,000 LIKES Reached!
Coupon Codes:
Americas: DBUSLIKE20000
Asia: DBSEALIKE20000
EU: DBEULIKE20000
Expires: 06/30/15
Dragon Blaze 40,000 Likes!
Help us get to 40,000 Likes and receive rewards along the way!
20,000 Likes: 20,000 Gold
30,000 Likes: 30,000 Gold
40,000 Likes: 40,000 Gold

From Facebook in case anyone hasnt redeemed it yet

How exactly would one go about redeeming this, per chance?

Ventara

How exactly would one go about redeeming this, per chance?

Click the little Events icon at the bottom left of the screen in the Tavern, scroll down to a banner that has something like "Redeem your code/coupon" or whatever, click on it and enter the code. You might have to restart the game for the reward to show up in your mailbox.

I just unlocked Storm Tyrant raid and am supposed to go meet King Gram's daughter. Difficulty is starting to ramp up quite a bit. What's the most efficient way of getting stronger at this point? My gear is kinda crappy and I'm still using mostly B/C allies (got one A and S somewhere along the way though). I'm level 13

Farm Storm Tyrant raid for better equips and enhance your party members. Make sure you're making friends and sending/receiving friend points for more pulls. Other than that, try to push through the story as far as you can and maybe grind the area right before the spot you're stuck. I also found this guide rather useful.

Click the little Events icon at the bottom left of the screen in the Tavern, scroll down to a banner that has something like "Redeem your code/coupon" or whatever, click on it and enter the code. You might have to restart the game for the reward to show up in your mailbox.

Farm Storm Tyrant raid for better equips and enhance your party members. Make sure you're making friends and sending/receiving friend points for more pulls. Other than that, try to push through the story as far as you can and maybe grind the area right before the spot you're stuck. I also found this guide rather useful.

I haven't been doing raids because i did the first one around level 7 and the reward i got was level 27 so I couldn't even use it. Is it not supposed to work that way?

sensui-tomo

Here are the things that can get you through hero mode without an amazing healer:

Max enhance every ally in your main team
Combine for more SS units
Max SS gear on all allies you should not be using 30 gear at this point.
Level up beyond 42

I would tackle those in order of top down to be most effective.

this is my current setup, so it would be beneficial for me to get rid of all that set equipment?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
this is my current setup, so it would be beneficial for me to get rid of all that set equipment?

You should level to 40 and max enhance you SS team. Should be able to beat it then. (but be sure to put a healer in that PT since you don't have one.)
You will always have a harder time questing because that team is all single target damage and no healing.

While at LVL 40 it would be a good idea to run shadow repeatedly for 37 SS gear if you need the extra boost.
Make sure all allies are in SS gear and try to get set bonuses on them as well.

sensui-tomo

You should level to 40 and max enhance you SS team. Should be able to beat it then. (but be sure to put a healer in that PT since you don't have one.)
You will always have a harder time questing because that team is all single target damage and no healing.

if anything i'm thinking of fusing the 2 rogues (however you spell it, archer and dual weilder) to get an SSS.

Not until you have a set to replace it with as well as enhancement fodder to bring the equips up to speed

I am still using Coronal stuffs on my Warrior since I have 4 pieces

Gradually shifting to Hero ShadowCrag though

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
if anything i'm thinking of fusing the 2 rogues (however you spell it, archer and dual weilder) to get an SSS.

a SSS is weaker than a max rank SS.
Need to make the team you are playing with strong before changing said team.

A SSS will not carry you to legend unless you luck out on a healer and enhance her a few levels.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
lucking out on a healer, yeah not my strong suit.

Then forget about SSS for now and get your party straight. First priority is to put a damn healer in your party. lol

It is rare to beat hero mode before 40 unless the team is composed of crazy good draws. 40-42 should be the finish hero mode goal.

draw4wild

Hero mode completed, then I had to kill a C mushroom lol.

Up to 1100 rubies again, was gonna pull but goi g to wait for update for my .0001% chance at death crown and mercedes

Ventara

I haven't been doing raids because i did the first one around level 7 and the reward i got was level 27 so I couldn't even use it. Is it not supposed to work that way?

You just got unlucky (or lucky, whichever way you want to see it). All of the equips I've gotten have been or below my level. Honestly, though, I think you should just try to push through the story using the help of a Friend who's at a much higher level than you.

You should be raiding constantly for regular gear upgrades!

That was a rare 27 weapon you got. Normally the gear is at the level you fight the raid at

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Another FYI for those in legend mode.
If you are like me and waiting on the final area trying to get to 50, just grind out Yellow Wall 7 (boss stage) repeatedly. 100k exp a pop (not super good) but I am getting loads of SSS accessories.

Another FYI for those in legend mode.
If you are like me and waiting on the final area trying to get to 50, just grind out Yellow Wall 7 (boss stage) repeatedly. 100k exp a pop (not super good) but I am getting loads of SSS accessories.

Building up my SS team atm....

I really need another healer though. Once my SS guys are beefed im gonna max out the rest of my S and try for an SS healer o_O

Kitoro

Well, I just pulled my first SSS in rare summon.. And it was a duplicate Ackard. I don't know if there is a way to sum up my immense frustration right now, hahaha.

Pbae

Well, I just pulled my first SSS in rare summon.. And it was a duplicate Ackard. I don't know if there is a way to sum up my immense frustration right now, hahaha.

I pulled so many times and I haven't even pulled an SS yet T_T

commish

What's the point of Rapport? I level it up to 100, but I don't know what it actually does.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
What's the point of Rapport? I level it up to 100, but I don't know what it actually does.

You need it to combine units. You need both units to have 100 rapport and max enhance level. Two units o the same value will combine into a random unit of the next value. Two Cs will combine into a B, two Bs into an A and so forth.

Top Bottom