• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

KimChi

I dont't know what to do with my team anymore. I have

DoD Rogue main
Llywen +7
bloodwind max
blackaria max
byron max

subs
brightspark max
tiel +4
shabelle

Should I make draco brightspark, draco deathcrown or wait? I can't crack top 5% in WB (either) and getting into top 5% of lab is a struggle. Area is the only area i can get into the top 5% anymore. I have 5 SSS ready to feed into someone. I guess I can also ultimate either of my archers?

First, if you want an easier time dealing with lab you should start leveling a taunt warrior if you don't already have one. You could probably get to wave 45-50 easily with those allies, just need a warrior to help tank since rogue are useless for lab.

Draco Brightspark would be a good upgrade for your party, should help with WB (mostly hydra) and arena. Heck I'm still struggling breaking 5% on hydra and golem atm, hopefully I will be able to finally get the angel archer this sunday.

First, if you want an easier time dealing with lab you should start leveling a taunt warrior if you don't already have one. You could probably get to wave 45-50 easily with those allies, just need a warrior to help tank since rogue are useless for lab.

Draco Brightspark would be a good upgrade for your party, should help with WB (mostly hydra) and arena. Heck I'm still struggling breaking 5% on hydra and golem atm, hopefully I will be able to finally get the angel archer this sunday.

Warrior is also really good for hydra, would improve his score there too

Otheradam

Byron. I rarely use a tank. By rarely I mean never, except lab.

Hmm that's interest. I'll deify to make Draco Brightspark tomorrow night during the discount. I've been meaning to make a tank warrior but haven't gotten around to it. I start on that since I won't be making anymore ascended units til the angel paladin hits.

vato_loco

Got a hold of three Blackaria essences because sometimes RNG behaves.

Used all three to enhance her. Didn't enhance her, they all failed. And I even used a friggin' SS as fodder!

Back to grinding...

RedZone

Neo Member

Used all three to enhance her. Didn't enhance her, they all failed. And I even used a friggin' SS as fodder!

Back to grinding...

you really should wait till sunday to enhance, the weekly events are already over at this pt so blackaria enhancing could have waited, using an SS would have given you 25.5% fail bonus on sunday

KimChi

Back to grinding...

Why didn't you just wait until sunday to enhance? Take advantage of the enhance fail boost.

Anyone considered taking Swift Counterattack into labyrinth? Since it maxes out at 18% damage reflect I assume it would be better than noble chivalry. The party required for it sucks though, 1 tank, 2 healers 2 dps but you can level the dps slots that boost base damage by 52% at max level.

garath

you really should wait till sunday to enhance, the weekly events are already over at this pt so blackaria enhancing could have waited, using an SS would have given you 25.5% fail bonus on sunday

Isn't that Sunday fail bonus at like midnight Sunday for east coast? I know I've only ever seen it myself when they had it over the span of a few days once.

I've never seen the gold reduction bonus either. The times are just terrible.

KimChi

Isn't that Sunday fail bonus at like midnight Sunday for east coast? I know I've only ever seen it myself when they had it over the span of a few days once.

Yea its midnight for east coast, apparently they will be addressing that in some way. I think they are announcing something regarding east coast people during the live stream, well see.

RedZone

Neo Member

ya the times are terrible for east coast, i live on the west coast so it starts at 9pm for me

Yaari

I don't even waitt for any bonus anymore. Stupid timeframes. Why not give that A ally on different hours of the day if you want to reward logging in?

Finally made it past level 30 in labyrinth. I had it on auto and wasn't even paying attention. I happened to look down, noticed I was on 30, and had already managed to kill everyone except Karang. I didn't change my lineup at all from countless previous attempts; just pure luck. >_>

Woops, sorry. Yeah, DC posted it and said there are some other surprises to be announced. I'm hoping they're combining the Draco essences.

ChrisG683

I've got a question about Duel cards...

My Bloodwind has STA Duel Card F equipped which states...
"Increases STA by 11% and ATK by 22%"

I got 4 x S ranked Increase Attack cards today which state...
"Increases attack by 26% of base ATK"

I'm always confused by the descriptions, would changing to the Increase Attack card provide much of a damage bump?

Chaos17

I got 4 x S ranked Increase Attack cards today which state...
"Increases attack by 26% of base ATK"

I'm always confused by the descriptions, would changing to the Increase Attack card provide much of a damage bump?

Yellow duel card like the one you have is slighty better than the yellow atk card that you can loot in daily dungeon during friday.

garath

probably, I remember seeing DC post about something for east coast players on reddit like 1-2 weeks ago when they teased about the stuff being shown on livestream today.

We've only been asking for better east coast times since the game's inception :/

You all better show up in live stream so that we can get ss-sss card.

5k viewers is a pipe dream. 0 chance of happening. Doubt we'll even hit 3k, they just keep getting sillier and sillier with these rewards. This is almost worse than the 100k Facebook likes.

Limit

5k viewers is a pipe dream. 0 chance of happening. Doubt we'll even hit 3k, they just keep getting sillier and sillier with these rewards. This is almost worse than the 100k Facebook likes.

You just have to believe.

Edit: 427 viewers on now. Only 4.5K something away from ss-sss card!
Edit 2: 1.2k viewers. The power of positive thinking!

Aurizen

Ok I decided to come back and get better at this game, so if anyone wants to add me my character name is Benihiko. Currently looking to join a guild too!

Yaari

Rewarding people for asking questions is dumb. Result in them spamming the chat with shit they surely already know about.

Chaos17

I'm not sure what the other surprises were supposed to be. The free SSS I guess? Looking forward to the raid shop.

Mainly for me was the new costumes of season 2 and 3 that will come :p

Edit : log reward for new player, that guarante SSS healer!

M6SPhCW.png
http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/show...atch-Notes-10-19-15-(PDT)&p=814695#post814695

Crzy1

Nice stuff. Really like the raid shop idea. Have burned hundreds upon hundreds of tickets on Phoenix to try and get my priest a full set and haven't gotten a chest or head piece yet that she can use. The increased ally limit is much appreciated, too. Have 13 SSS that are taking up a lot of space, but I'm not ready to start using them for fodder yet.

I like the new arena costumes, too, but there's no way I'll be getting any of them unless they're really upping the amount of coins you can earn in a week. 220+440+880 coins to get one top tier piece (looks like you need the previous piece to get the next but I might be wrong) seems pretty unreasonable if the top earners are only getting 30 or 40 a week.

Gaela also seems like a great Arena ally, tons of def and health along with a ton of attack and some pretty badass buffs for taking damage. Can any warrior be used to ascend to her or does it have to be a DPS warrior? Farrah also seems like she'd be pretty good as a buff bot, but can't see her replacing Blackaria except for WB. Guess it doesn't matter to me, I'll never get an SSS priest anyway.

Good stuff on the horizon, but I'm so far behind I'm not sure I'll ever get to a point where I'll have the team I actually want in this game. I guess that's the idea, anyway.

Edit : log reward for new player, that guarante SSS healer!

http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/show...atch-Notes-10-19-15-(PDT)&p=814695#post814695

Hadn't noticed it was for a healer, thought it was just an SSS card, that's a little bit upsetting for me unless it's retroactive for people who have been in the game for a while, but I doubt it. From what I can read it looks like people who have been playing will just pick up where they left off with the new calendar.

The new arena costumes are cool but can anybody afford them?

Gaela also seems like a great Arena ally, tons of def and health along with a ton of attack and some pretty badass buffs for taking damage. Can any warrior be used to ascend to her or does it have to be a DPS warrior? Farrah also seems like she'd be pretty good as a buff bot, but can't see her replacing Blackaria except for WB. Guess it doesn't matter to me, I'll never get an SSS priest anyway.

Any SSS warrior; doesn't have to be DPS.

Ventara

Just saw the patch notes for the upcoming update.

New Raid Boss: Ragnarok

QS2SV8U.png

I don't really like Weapon ATK Increase, especially on the 2-set, but thinking about it, the 4-set along with Valmut's 2-set might be good for priests. Probably even warrior. Otherwise, good set. Probably worth upgrading for everyone even if you don't prefer weapon atk increase.

Hope the raid itself isn't too hard, though I'll be grinding Valmut for a while.

New Septum Archangelus Allies
mhhSw7j.png

Blooming Bud
A fleeting moment of heaven amidst the hell that is the battlefield. Restores entire party's HP per second by 95% of ATK for 18 sec.

Gaela seems like a beast, but Farrah's second skill; that can't be right, can it? She heals the entire part by 95% of her ATK, EVERY SECOND for 18 seconds. Unless you stun her long enough to kill her, I don't see how anyone can do enough DPS to overcome that. And with the meta moving to survivability over killing everyone from the get-go, it just becomes more powerful.

New SSS Allies

PjQHyQC.png

Mmmmm, Dark Elf Eirden.

Increased Inventory (4 -> 5 pages), Storage (3 -> 4 pages)
Increased Ally Storage (70 -> 80 Max)

YES! Gonna spend the 1000 or so rubies needed and buy all the extra slots. Managing items is becoming such a headache, so this is a very welcome change.

Raising ally storage to 80 should make saving up allies for the Sunday fail bonus easier.

Added Raid Shop

VERY nice addition. Takes out a lot of grind and randomness to the whole raid thing. I know I'm going for the chest pieces first, lol.

New Arena Costumes

Very nice, and very expensive. Not gonna buy them, but they do look great. Though, as usual, the rogue costume doesn't look as nice as the others.

Added Arena Auto Retry

LOL, who is this for? The top 5 players in Arena?
Updated New, Regular, and Returning Player Attendance Rewards
9fLv7eW.png

Wow! 2 SSS in a month? Korea only gets 3. And we're getting jewel summons, too.

Guild Battle Schedule Update

Current: 18:00 ~ 24:00
New: 11:00 ~ 24:00

Not sure how I feel about this. I though 6 hours was fine; just move it back 3 hours to accommodate EST players.

Edit: Oh, and a free SSS for the new area and 300 rubies for reaching LV 70 is also very nice, even if expected.

StuffRuff

Cannot for the life of me beat Thorny Downs 9 and therefore cant progress through the story to be able to grind for essences to level Llewyn.

Team setup:

DoD Rogue
Shabelle Max+2
Tiel Max+4
Gram Max+2
Windlune Max

Spare SSS:

Llewyn
Konfi
Ur

Any ideas? I've tried using every type of max level friend I've got on the list. Tried waiting for the boss to summon them. All of my team is 67 and I'm using the Tank Formation for extra defense. Still I'm just getting wiped out so quickly when the boss group appears in 4/4! Am I missing something?

wapplew

Need some advise.
Gaela or Ravengale? Or use SSS to ulti the rest of my crew?

This is my team, I main priest/warrior

DBS Ulti,
Llywen Max+3
Bloodwind Max
Blackaria Max

Cannot for the life of me beat Thorny Downs 9 and therefore cant progress through the story to be able to grind for essences to level Llewyn.

Team setup:

DoD Rogue
Shabelle Max+2
Tiel Max+4
Gram Max+2
Windlune Max

Spare SSS:

Llewyn
Konfi
Ur

Any ideas? I've tried using every type of max level friend I've got on the list. Tried waiting for the boss to summon them. All of my team is 67 and I'm using the Tank Formation for extra defense. Still I'm just getting wiped out so quickly when the boss group appears in 4/4! Am I missing something?[/QUOTE

Wait a few days and you can lvl up to 70 or buy some essence for Llewyn.

vato_loco

I don't wait for the Sunday buff to enhancing because it comes live at 2AM where I'm from, and I'm not even awake at that time.

Gaela seems like a beast, but Farrah's second skill; that can't be right, can it? She heals the entire part by 95% of her ATK, EVERY SECOND for 18 seconds. Unless you stun her long enough to kill her, I don't see how anyone can do enough DPS to overcome that. And with the meta moving to survivability over killing everyone from the get-go, it just becomes more powerful.
That can't be right. 18 seconds is an eternity in Arena.

Was there any mention of Kamiel on the Twitch? I just want to know if it's close enough to wait and ULT my Tiel or just go ahead and ULT Blackaria or maybe even just try to get Llewellyn.

KimChi

Team setup:

DoD Rogue
Shabelle Max+2
Tiel Max+4
Gram Max+2
Windlune Max

Spare SSS:

Llewyn
Konfi
Ur

Any ideas? I've tried using every type of max level friend I've got on the list. Tried waiting for the boss to summon them. All of my team is 67 and I'm using the Tank Formation for extra defense. Still I'm just getting wiped out so quickly when the boss group appears in 4/4! Am I missing something?
Drop windlune and put Llewyn in she will give you more dps, pretty strange you are having trouble with 2 invulnerability tanks. What level are you and how much hp do your tanks have? I think at that point of the story you want your tanks to have at least 40k hp minimum, it gets even tougher later on. Also consider bringing in warrior friend with taunt ultimate. If you give you up trying to beat thorny down 9 for now then just grind some levels and hopefully you can grab some draco essence while your at it.

Need some advise.

DBS Ulti,
Llywen Max+3
Bloodwind Max
Blackaria Max
If your comfortable with your WB score then get Gaela, on the livestream they did say it seemed like Ravengale got fixed and works properly on them, better to wait when patch is live so people can test that first though.

I don't wait for the Sunday buff to enhancing because it comes live at 2AM where I'm from, and I'm not even awake at that time.

That can't be right. 18 seconds is an eternity in Arena.

Was there any mention of Kamiel on the Twitch? I just want to know if it's close enough to wait and ULT my Tiel or just go ahead and ULT Blackaria or maybe even just try to get Llewellyn.
No mention of Kamiel, she is the last wave of angels to be released so probably at least 1 month until she is out.

What are you guy planning to pick from the free SSS when the patch is live? Looks like we might be able to pick the class of it. I'll be going for another healer just want a shabelle lol. I am so glad I kept Mara cause I am seriously considering making Farrah for labyrinth purposes. 24% damage reflect paired with the damage reflect formation sounds OP if damage reflect actually reduces the damage we receive.

Sciel

Need some advise.

DBS Ulti,
Llywen Max+3
Bloodwind Max
Blackaria Max
I don't see Gaela being meta for wb honestly.
Skill set seems more gb/arena. On the flipside, ravengal is useless for gb/arena but godly for wb.

So depends on your focus really. I would ulti Llewelyn though. Bloodwind is debatable. Blackaria wayyyyy last priority since your main is a priest.

What are you guy planning to pick from the free SSS when the patch is live? Looks like we might be able to pick the class of it. I'll be going for another healer just want a shabelle lol. I am so glad I kept Mara cause I am seriously considering making Farrah for labyrinth purposes. 24% damage reflect paired with the damage reflect formation sounds OP if damage reflect actually reduces the damage we receive.
On my end, no idea! Have so much fodder for future diefy's atm.
Ackard (ult and ready for Gaela)
Theros (For Farah if i want to make her....gonna wait and see how good she is)
Tiel x 2
Whay
Loki
Various other 2-3 SSS that will be fodder-ed.

If anything, i might just go archer (i want that dark windlune lol) or priest since i've never gotten shabelle before.

KimChi

On my end, no idea! Have so much fodder for future diefy's atm.
Ackard (ult and ready for Gaela)
Theros (For Farah if i want to make her....gonna wait and see how good she is)
Tiel x 2
Whay
Loki

If anything, i might just go archer (i want that dark windlune lol) or priest since i've never gotten shabelle before.

Yea Dark Windlune looks pretty cool. For sure i'll be able to prep a couple SSS combines on sunday, might save em for after the patch since I'm not in a rush to deify anyways. Have yet to pull a summoner but i'd rather chance getting shabelle if we can pick the class from the free SSS else ill just have another healer ready for boden healer lol.

Limit

Which formation is best for labyrinth? Determined concentration looks good to me but swift counterattack looks nice too. Any thoughts?

Top Bottom