• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Sciel

Noble Chivalry is pretty good i believe. (Overall decrease damage, 2x tank slots with decrease dmg, 2 slots with eva + 1 healer slot.)

KimChi

Which formation is best for labyrinth? Determined concentration looks good to me but swift counterattack looks nice too. Any thoughts?

Determined Concentration, I don't think it will be good for the higher waves, crit damage boost is fine but I would rather take Noble Chivalry(what i use currently for lab) for the decreased damage to survive hits. I think on paper Swift Counterattack is really good if paired with the angel priest cause she also has damage reflect and 10% damage reduction. Maybe having her and calgar in that formation could be optimal? No one has used it I guess since havent seen any input about it, will eventually try it myself whenever I get Farrah which will be awhile since I haven't even made Llywelyn yet.

vato_loco

No mention of Kamiel, she is the last wave of angels to be released so probably at least 1 month until she is out.

What are you guy planning to pick from the free SSS when the patch is live? Looks like we might be able to pick the class of it. I'll be going for another healer just want a shabelle lol. I am so glad I kept Mara cause I am seriously considering making Farrah for labyrinth purposes. 24% damage reflect paired with the damage reflect formation sounds OP if damage reflect actually reduces the damage we receive.
Then it's between an ULT Blackaria o Llewellyn.

I had no idea I could pick the class of the free SSS. I could try to get Windlune since I have no good archers in my team at all.

KimChi

there isn't a Americas guild anyone has for gaf members? Add me my account name is Aurizen.
There is, you have to search for it in the guild tab, NeoGAF, case sensitive on the Caps. Idk who the leader currently is though, don't expect much if you want a guild that is competitive in guild battle, most of us that were just left.

Then it's between an ULT Blackaria o Llewellyn.

I had no idea I could pick the class of the free SSS. I could try to get Windlune since I have no good archers in my team at all.

not 100% on that, saw deathcrown say in-game chat earlier that it was a typo, well see T_T

I don't know if he's posted it elsewhere yet but DC was on the reddit channel in game and he said we will not be able to pick the class for the free SSS. He said it was a "test build typo". >_>

It doesn't seem like they ever really know what's going on though, so who knows. Hopefully the cost for the new arena costumes is also a "typo".

ETA: Beaten by KimChi

Aurizen

There is, you have to search for it in the guild tab, NeoGAF, case sensitive on the Caps. Idk who the leader currently is though, don't expect much if you want a guild that is competitive in guild battle, most of us that were just left.

not 100% on that, saw deathcrown say in-game chat earlier that it was a typo, well see T_T

I see, does anyone here have an active guild that would accept me?

Yaari

That Dragon Brooch is so good that I'm tempted to get it for the 100$, I could wreck the next raid boss with it. But I need to buy some other stuff. Ugh.

Which formation is best for labyrinth? Determined concentration looks good to me but swift counterattack looks nice too. Any thoughts?

Noble Chivalry still wins. Because it lets you have 2 tanks. The damage reflect is good but doesn't really help when the problem is that you're always getting 1 shotted. Same with multiple healers. For that you need invincibility, AoE stuns, and someone who can take a beating and not die instantly.

That Dragon Brooch is so good that I'm tempted to get it for the 100$, I could wreck the next raid boss with it. But I need to buy some other stuff. Ugh.

Did it reset?

I don't know. I just checked some guildmate who had it. I never got one. Not sure what the conditions are.
It's buy the $100 package *from the shop*, not from the popup. Once a month in addition to what the package advertises, you'll also get an SSS and the brooch

Yaari

It's buy the $100 package *from the shop*, not from the popup. Once a month in addition to what the package advertises, you'll also get an SSS and the brooch

Yeah it is very tempting. Not sure though.

Doing better in laby now. I'm rank 158 and 1.5% or so. Doubt I'll hit top 1% anytime soon but atleast I'm making progress.

Yaari

Anyway can't wait for th Raid shop. Hope I can kill Ragnarok though.

I wonder what would be the best item to buy. You use the chest armor for every ally, so I'd say its a good thing to buy.

It's too bad our guild doesnt raid much.

garath

Not going to derail this thread with any Seven Knights talk anymore if anyone is still playing. I created an OT for it.

I'm personally still playing. I really like it. It's a nice complement to dragon blaze. It's similar but has enough different that I'm having a good time. The evolutions are nicer. The best thing I like is you can "rank up" a unit rather than always combine two and hope for the best. i.e. I have a nice 4* healer, I can rank up that healer to 5* instead of combining two 4*s and hoping it's a healer.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1126097

In dragon blaze news, I'm up to 5 dark essences and 2mil gold. Getting close to my first angel.

wapplew

If your comfortable with your WB score then get Gaela, on the livestream they did say it seemed like Ravengale got fixed and works properly on them, better to wait when patch is live so people can test that first though.

What do you mean fixed? She can steal wb attack now?

goober

Which skill is recommended to Max for Draco Brightspark? Does Maxing her 3rd skill increase the chance to stun?
I see a lot of people maxing the 3rd skill, but why?

goober

Not sure if it increases the stun rate, but for all the Dracos, it's best to level the 3rd skill to 3.

But why the third skill for Brightspark? I understand its the best one, but it barely increases the damage compared to the first and second

Ventara

But why the third skill for Brightspark? I understand its the best one, but it barely increases the damage compared to the first and second

I don't have DBS, so I'm not sure, but 43 out of 50 of the top Korean players choose the 3rd skill.

The difference is probably minimal, so just go with whichever you think is best.

So, i finally reached Myth difficulty. Got a 4 new SSS(Porin, Dimitri, Pagu, Cabrera) to add to the nice ones i already had (Whay and Yvante) and ... things are now kicking my ass :D

I went by normal-->legend purely by the strength of those SSSs so didn't care much for gear(besides the nice lvl30 buster set you're gifted).

Spent a week farming raids and gathering gear and a lvl50 buster set for me. All my guys are now decked in SS gear, a few pieces enhanced on each one (don't have much gold right now) but we're still getting slaughtered.

Me(Magnify priest) and my team (Porin, Whay, Dimitri, Pagu) using the 2 tanks formation are lvl54. Some of the SS gear that i have on my guys is "lowlevel" (lvl44) but does that make that much of a difference?

So, what do i do now? Max enhance my gear even if it's not all optimal? Or should i start enhancing my SSS dudes?

It seems i'm still a very long way from Dracos and Angels.

(Leveling a warrior too so i can do lab for gold)

Oh, i heard that chapter 2 is even harder than Myth?? So when i get to lvl55, i should'nt go there, right? :(

Crzy1

So, i finally reached Myth difficulty. Got a 4 new SSS(Porin, Dimitri, Pagu, Cabrera) to add to the nice ones i already had (Whay and Yvante) and ... things are now kicking my ass :D

I went by normal-->legend purely by the strength of those SSSs so didn't care much for gear(besides the nice lvl30 buster set you're gifted).

Spent a week farming raids and gathering gear and a lvl50 buster set for me. All my guys are now decked in SS gear, a few pieces enhanced on each one (don't have much gold right now) but we're still getting slaughtered.

Me(Magnify priest) and my team (Porin, Whay, Dimitri, Pagu) using the 2 tanks formation are lvl54. Some of the SS gear that i have on my guys is "lowlevel" (lvl44) but does that make that much of a difference?

So, what do i do now? Max enhance my gear even if it's not all optimal? Or should i start enhancing my SSS dudes?

Oh, i heard that chapter 2 is even harder than Myth?? So when i get to lvl55, i should'nt go there, right? :(
I progressed through myth with lots and lots of resurrection scrolls and making sure my friends list stayed near or above my level. A well specced friend helper will make a huge difference. If you haven't, I would unlock the 2 consumable slots and load up on rez scrolls. My setup was stacked with lots of DPS, though, so may not be the best advice for a priest since my setup was high damage and low survivability. The up time that I had I was able to dish out a ton of damage since I had a meteor mage as my main and Tiel with a nice AOE stun and shield.

And I tried to do chapter 2 right at 55 and hit a wall at hermit lake 9 that I had to level past. It is quite a bit harder since it was balanced towards people at level 55 with maxed allies.

Aurizen

Ok so I have a priest thats maximum enhanced but and I almost have 10X Blackaria Memory Essences does the unit that will be Blackaria need to be limit break 5x?

Aurizen

It needs to be Ultimate so i guess that is a yes.

Aw man thats gonna be long :( so I have to get 5 SSS and limit break... it was hard to get the 1st one. Plus there's probably a chance other SSS would be good to fuse away to limit break. Plus I wanted to make more of those Quinque Draco.

garath

Aw man thats gonna be long :( so I have to get 5 SSS and limit break... it was hard to get the 1st one. Plus there's probably a chance other SSS would be good to fuse away to limit break. Plus I wanted to make more of those Quinque Draco.

Don't forget the gold too. It takes about 3.2 million to raise a character to ultimate and then deify

vato_loco

That Calgar sounds pretty nice., and I even have a MAX warrior that I'd only have to ULT to get her, since I don't even have an SSS archer and so Llwellyn is pretty far away.

But then Llwellyn is pretty damn good too. It's high time I got another Draco / Angel, but I can't decide who to get since it takes too much to make another one. And I already have a MAX Tiel waiting for Kamiel to be released.

Uthred

Fuck me that was annoying, waited all week for the ally combine bonus, burned through 10 essences and 10 S ranks and only got my Greysoul to +2

Chaos17

1. Get a second DPS that will take the place of the second tank or Max Whay so she can do more dps.
2. Farm gears when raid shop will come it will help you.
3. At your level take exp formation instead, getting max level is more important atm to catch up.
4. Maxing gears is important as much as maxing allies.

To prepare for chapter 2, I strongly suggest you to start maxing your SSS, the monsters over there are no joke.

Follow arevin01 tip to get regulary a SSS, his tip work well when you're spending choose regulary during the week : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=181683651&postcount=9258

KimChi

Anyone have any tips on obtaining more SSS units?

Just gotta be smart with how you enhance mostly. Since the game gives us quite a few free SS already just for logging in you should try to focus on enhancing them, especially on sundays if you are able to stay up when the buff is active. It's also necessary to save up rubies to save for premium pulls to have more stuff you can use to enhance. If you have the rubies to spare you want to start off with at least 1/2 A's then finish with B's until you have at least 20% total fail bonus if they don't succeed. At that point finish it off with C's.

RedZone

Neo Member

combine mostly on sundays with the 50% bonus, if you have a lot of C use 1A and then all Cs for the first 1~3 levels since its cheap on gold, then after that get the fail bonus to around 20% or so before spamming more C

wapplew

Only use 3 B unit to 9% bonus and finish with C on weekday, stop at +4. On bonus day, use A and B until around 20%-25% bonus to +6 and finish with one S to max.
My personal little trick, press enhance and wait over 10 second to press OK. Also only use 5 allies a time, I move on to max my unit limit until next enhance.
Most important, be patient, never waste unit because it's bonus day, always stick to the plan, you'll get another bonus 7 days later.

This week with a little luck, I'll get 9 SSS (5 combine, 1 pull, 2 pull bonus, 1 patch day free SSS)

Aurizen

Only use 3 B unit to 9% bonus and finish with C on weekday, stop at +4. On bonus day, use A and B until around 20%-25% bonus to +6 and finish with one S to max.
My personal little trick, press enhance and wait over 10 second to press OK. Also only use 5 allies a time, I move on to max my unit limit until next enhance.
Most important, be patient, never waste unit because it's bonus day, always stick to the plan, you'll get another bonus 7 days later.

This week with a little luck, I'll get 9 SSS (5 combine, 1 pull, 2 pull bonus, 1 patch day free SSS)

combine mostly on sundays with the 50% bonus, if you have a lot of C use 1A and then all Cs for the first 1~3 levels since its cheap on gold, then after that get the fail bonus to around 20% or so before spamming more C

Getting these SSS is a pain, rates are bad it makes me realize why I put the game down.

Yaari

A pain? You get them without spending a dime. I've played many mobile games that require to empty your wallet to ever even have a legit chance of obtaining them.

In this, you can get them by just logging in. It's incredibly easy. You just have to play the game and that's all there is to it. They are constantly making it even easier to do. It's nowhere near as challenging as it was when I started in May.

Uthred

9% seems pretty low to start burning through C's, you're looking at a 10% chance at that point. probably better to use B's until around 20% because you're going to want C's to rank up your S to get SS units.

Aurizen

A pain? You get them without spending a dime. I've played many mobile games that require to empty your wallet to ever even have a legit chance of obtaining them.

In this, you can get them by just logging in. It's incredibly easy. You just have to play the game and that's all there is to it. They are constantly making it even easier to do. It's nowhere near as challenging as it was when I started in May.

I played Brave frontier and Dokkan battle and it isn't as bad. Granted I'm not a huge fan of gacha games for this reason so i would like to keep that limited. There's a lot I like about this game but to rates always have me disliking it. The next time I'll get a SSS specific units is from a ticket.

wapplew

9% seems pretty low to start burning through C's, you're looking at a 10% chance at that point. probably better to use B's until around 20% because you're going to want C's to rank up your S to get SS units.

It worked for me, maybe 50% friend point and free SS they gave away help.
+1-+4, I keep 9% at most 12% bonus, never go higher.

Managed to blow through 5k rubies on the current summoning event. Ended up with 15 SSS units from all the fodder so I'll end up with around 15 more SSS units next week when I get the 1+1.

It took me 3k rubies to get the free bonus SSS summon.

The break down of units I managed to summon normally is 1 SSS and 5 SS units. The rest were S and A units. I did roughly around 240 summons.

Overall a great sale event. Outside of buying costumes and essences, my rubies will be safe until the next time such a sale rolls around again.

Sciel

It worked for me, maybe 50% friend point and free SS they gave away help.
+1-+4, I keep 9% at most 12% bonus, never go higher.
wapplew's method for ally usage during enhancing is legit. In fact i have been doing it over the past weeks @ 6% enhance bonus up to +5 . C fodder is irrelevant due to the 50% FP discount...and gold is....gold.

Aurizen

Managed to blow through 5k rubies on the current summoning event. Ended up with 15 SSS units from all the fodder so I'll end up with around 15 more SSS units next week when I get the 1+1.

It took me 3k rubies to get the free bonus SSS summon.

The break down of units I managed to summon normally is 1 SSS and 5 SS units. The rest were S and A units. I did roughly around 240 summons.

Overall a great sale event. Outside of buying costumes and essences, my rubies will be safe until the next time such a sale rolls around again.

wow! How did you get so many rubies?

Top Bottom