• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Are the pets worth anything for convenience? Or should I worry about just dumping my rubies on summons?

Auto-raid - as others said almost mandatory
Auto-enhance - don't ever use that it actually wastes allies compared to manual
Auto-salvage - useful but unless you plan to buy 500 tickets and then farm raids all day I think opening more pages in inventory is better.

Auto-raid - as others said almost mandatory
Auto-enhance - don't ever use that it actually wastes allies compared to manual
Auto-salvage - useful but unless you plan to buy 500 tickets and then farm raids all day I think opening more pages in inventory is better.

this...
but auto-salvage it perfect for two things:
1) auto farm raid
2) auto farm with shoes

i went with 600 shoes today...
final tally? 46 draco essence..
i was like.. is this real life? o_O
welll i'm satisfied for now for draco essence :X

desverger

I'm trying to make my first Deity, and having trouble deciding which of my SSS allies to feed. Could someone offer a bit of advice which SSS allies are food and which are good?

Here are my current SSS allies:
Tanks: Dmitri the Incubus, Commander Garotan, Hero King Gram, Pirate King Byron
Priests: Mara the Succubus, Sorcerer Mer
DPS: Orc Warrior Ackard, Dark Elf Tinuvian, Dark Assassin Percy, Rogue Un, Dark Mage Pari, Dark Gnarl

I also have a Dark Priest Porin at MAX, she's the one I'm going to turn into Blackaria. Just gotta decide who to feed.

If you're not a priest, first deity is draco blackaria..
If you're a priest, first deity is tank (storm bear... Or draco deathcrown, but storm bear is better)

RedZone

Neo Member
I'm trying to make my first Deity, and having trouble deciding which of my SSS allies to feed. Could someone offer a bit of advice which SSS allies are food and which are good?

Here are my current SSS allies:
Tanks: Dmitri the Incubus, Commander Garotan, Hero King Gram, Pirate King Byron
Priests: Mara the Succubus, Sorcerer Mer
DPS: Orc Warrior Ackard, Dark Elf Tinuvian, Dark Assassin Percy, Rogue Un, Dark Mage Pari, Dark Gnarl

I also have a Dark Priest Porin at MAX, she's the one I'm going to turn into Blackaria. Just gotta decide who to feed.

other than gram/byron you can more or less feed any of them, i would probably feed the 2 priest/ commander garotan/ dark assassin percy and dark gnarl. that way you keep extras of each class for your next diefy

good god..
i'm trying to auto ragnaros (non deus) to farm for tickets..
and so far i'm having to "refresh" the ress scroll every 20-25 mins..
doing ragnaros with 3 bots would be much easier.. sigh

RedZone

Neo Member
good god..
i'm trying to auto ragnaros (non deus) to farm for tickets..
and so far i'm having to "refresh" the ress scroll every 20-25 mins..
doing ragnaros with 3 bots would be much easier.. sigh

if you just want tickets farm pheonix its faster and less scroll usage

Limit

Daily dungeon drops suck balls after this difficulty merge. All the items from normal difficulty are showing up instead of scaled up drops from myth mode. Would be lucky to create 1 sss card in 3 days now.

RedZone

Neo Member
Daily dungeon drops suck balls after this difficulty merge. All the items from normal difficulty are showing up instead of scaled up drops from myth mode. Would be lucky to create 1 sss card in 3 days now.

ya a lot less SSS/SS cards and also the jewel drops are much worse now, was getting lots of S/A rank gems before now mostly B and occasionally A

Uthred

Are they adding auto-Arena back in? Feels like theres no easy way to "burn" tickets. In a similar vein its annoying that one feels compelled to buy the auto raid pet - feels like theyre deliberately hiding a near mandatory feature behind a paywall simply to drain crystals from players, assuming you do all your dailies and weeklies you'd get ~160 rubies, leaving you 90 short of the "hiring" cost. Even if the guaranteed rubies covered the cost of one pet it would be annoying having to use all your "free" rubies on it but it' be a tad less irritating.

Are they adding auto-Arena back in? Feels like theres no easy way to "burn" tickets. In a similar vein its annoying that one feels compelled to buy the auto raid pet - feels like theyre deliberately hiding a near mandatory feature behind a paywall simply to drain crystals from players, assuming you do all your dailies and weeklies you'd get ~160 rubies, leaving you 90 short of the "hiring" cost. Even if the guaranteed rubies covered the cost of one pet it would be annoying having to use all your "free" rubies on it but it' be a tad less irritating.

A pet lasts month so it's upkeep costs is 60 rubies per week, and that's only for first month - before it expires they will ask you if you want to renew it at 15% discount so it will be only around 50 per week.

Not bad for F2P game.

Uthred

A pet lasts month so it's upkeep costs is 60 rubies per week, and that's only for first month - before it expires they will ask you if you want to renew it at 15% discount so it will be only around 50 per week.

Not bad for F2P game.

I'm aware it lasts a month, thats why I compared its cost to a months work of dailies and weeklies, it is a bit better with the discount but its still blatantly hiding arguably key usability behind a paywall. Dragon Blaze is certainly one of the better F2P games for non-spending players but more stuff like this is showing up these days.

I'm aware it lasts a month, thats why I compared its cost to a months work of dailies and weeklies, it is a bit better with the discount but its still blatantly hiding arguably key usability behind a paywall. Dragon Blaze is certainly one of the better F2P games for non-spending players but more stuff like this is showing up these days.

Ahh you mean those rubies only.

But we also get:

20 rubies per week for participating in 10GB each week
2x15 for WB just for playing 10 times +2x5 for 1000k points in each

so another 240 per month

Plus all the top something rewards each week

Mmm..
Did 500 shoes and got 18 draco essence..
Should i get brightspark or bloodwind? Or greysoul even?
My current comp all around is
Tank(to be storm bear)
Melee dps (to be gaela)
Mage (to be someone)
Healer (black aria)
+me
Advices?
halp?
:p
me (warrior 4u+2sss // paladin)
tank --> stormbear +max (4u+2sss)
healer --> blackaria +max (4u+2sss)
mage (eirdan+max+4u, missing the 2sss bonus)
melee dps (punisher rar+max+4u, missing 2 sss bonus)

considering i already break in auto lab up to 72 (excluded).. total auto, with geared warrior or with ungeared paladin, so i suppose that if i didn't auto and use ress scroll/time helper i can basically reach 80 already..
what's my next deity?
eirdan into brightspark?
punisher rar into gaela?
I've got alternatively
archer (and enough stuff for max+ult)
rogue (and enough stuff for max+ult)
or something else?

for my monthly ruby income i'd say that the next for lab should be past floor 80, and i doubt i can achieve that via just one more deity (plus if memory serves, i think i'd need either ddc or frydark to go past 80 in order to remove invincibility)..
to achieve that, I think i'd need a new deity + sss gems//card committment..
conversely, my hydra//golem score are terribad, so there is a wide margin of improvement there :)
my understanding is that bloodwind would do wonder for my score there... but eh, if you have any suggestion feel free to..
OR i can aim for pvp, though pvp is more of a ticketfest then anything else, given that i can safely reach 2,1-2.3k point every week, but leader of the board are like 7k.. and that means that EVEN if you win every single game, assuming 30 points per game, we're looking at a 400 tickets commitment.. which means almost 5 days worth for a f2p like me :X So I think that in terms of investment//return, investing into pvp is fruitless at the moment, as i would have to commit a deity exclusively for pvp (like hellhawk??) and then spend 5 days worth of tickets on pvp alone...

in terms of essence i'm sitting on:
9 boden
23 dark
29 draco

so if i were to state a preference, it would be toward a draco, as i already have all the essence or a dark, as i have most of those required to "+max" him..

but! if you are going to suggest a boden, i'll take that into consideration as well..

now halp me, oh-mighty dragonblaze-gaf! (yes i'm looking at you, experienced dragonblazer reading this! provide input)

cpp, limit and michaelius (especially you michealius.. i mean, i abused you as a "friend" in the list to carry me in the beginning of the game XD), your view is welcome as usual!

halp?

considering i already break in auto lab up to 72 (excluded).. total auto, with geared warrior or with ungeared paladin, so i suppose that if i didn't auto and use ress scroll/time helper i can basically reach 80 already..
what's my next deity?
eirdan into brightspark?
punisher rar into gaela?
I've got alternatively
or something else?

for my monthly ruby income i'd say that the next for lab should be past floor 80, and i doubt i can achieve that via just one more deity (plus if memory serves, i think i'd need either ddc or frydark to go past 80 in order to remove invincibility)..

9 boden
23 dark
29 draco

cpp, limit and michaelius (especially you michealius.. i mean, i abused you as a "friend" in the list to carry me in the beginning of the game XD), your view is welcome as usual!

I'm just a month or two ahead of You so I'm not expert :D

Honestly I'm not sure on Gaela anymore - I've made her, I got her to Ultimate and next day they dropped the patch which completely turned balance in arena upside down and my carefully planed very tanky team with mage as main source of dps.

Also I don't think you have to worry about floor 80 anymore. Lab is much easier since last patch and floor 80 now gets one shooted with single meteor.

So I'd say make Brightspark first.

Limit

Keep in mind that WB is all a dps game while lab is built around defense, mostly. So it would make sense to focus on creating a good team for one specific area. I would suggest lab as it is a lot more rewarding and comp. for WB is a lot stiffer.

Tank: bear. Makes sense.

Gaela: Don't have her but have heard she is good in lab. Plus she is still good in arena too. Drastically dropped in usefulness for guild battle. Something to keep in mind.

Mage: Fred makes a lot of sense here. After the update you don't need a debuff character to get past 80 anymore. If you want to go with an all rounder like DBS, that will be decent too.

For lab with noble chivalry I imagine your team as Warrior/pala MC, bear, DBA, and at least one dps. Put Brightspark in here. Can't go wrong with her. The last slot is slot is all up to personal preference, really. Some prefer more firepower. Others go for defense. I would put kymael in here because I am so used to relying on her group revival. Plus she has great synchrony with DBA. Though the second set of bodens are coming and they are bound to shake up lab composition a bit.

Your near term goal should be: create DBS and Bear. You would do well with them in lab.

RedZone

Neo Member
halp?

what's my next deity?
eirdan into brightspark?
punisher rar into gaela?
I've got alternatively
or something else?

to achieve that, I think i'd need a new deity + sss gems//card committment..
conversely, my hydra//golem score are terribad, so there is a wide margin of improvement there :)
my understanding is that bloodwind would do wonder for my score there... but eh, if you have any suggestion feel free to..
OR i can aim for pvp, though pvp is more of a ticketfest then anything else, given that i can safely reach 2,1-2.3k point every week, but leader of the board are like 7k.. and that means that EVEN if you win every single game, assuming 30 points per game, we're looking at a 400 tickets commitment.. which means almost 5 days worth for a f2p like me :X So I think that in terms of investment//return, investing into pvp is fruitless at the moment, as i would have to commit a deity exclusively for pvp (like hellhawk??) and then spend 5 days worth of tickets on pvp alone...

9 boden
23 dark
29 draco

so if i were to state a preference, it would be toward a draco, as i already have all the essence or a dark, as i have most of those required to "+max" him..

but! if you are going to suggest a boden, i'll take that into consideration as well..

now halp me, oh-mighty dragonblaze-gaf! (yes i'm looking at you, experienced dragonblazer reading this! provide input)

best mage right now is fryd for arena and hes pretty good for wb hydra as well, bloodwind is amazing for hydra and decent for golem due to his defense down skill,

its up to you to choose. i would choose whichever event you are closest to the next tier so that you get an immediette increase in rubies this week.

working on lab is probably the most effiicent to gain more fodder though, getting past 80 nets another free SS per week

vato_loco

I used to not bother with them, but after buying Dark Fury, I don't think I can go back. It's so nice to have auto-raid.

This. Auto-raiding Ragnarok for Deus Rag with Dark Fury is the most awesome thing ever. If you get the free 3 days of the one that auto salvages equipment, you can get 100-150 Essences in one auto, easy.

How do you guys manage to get past Lab 80? It's ridiculous, they one hit kill my entire crew!

@limit, i already have bear :p i updated my situation XD

tweaked the gear a bit..
now i can auto up to 76.. so i'd say 80 is definitely doable.. with another deity i should be able to auto @80 :p

i'll go with brightspark (short time)

after that two options
1) bloodwind to increase my hydra score :)
2) gaela to substitute my warrior and get a full deity team for lab...
I think i'll go with option two...

THEN i'll get in a fryderyk as well :p
I love to have at least one mage in my helpers from lab and fryderyk seems legitly good :)

lal..
30 shoes, 4 dark essence..
lucky day.. *_*

I think I'm done. It's been fun, but this has been a good reminder of why I need to stay away from f2p games. Hard to control my spending, and then however many $ later i still don't feel like I've made any significant progress.

So, yea. I'm gonna delete the app from my phone this time to make sure I don't pick it up again. I just started Witcher 3, and Dark Souls 3 is coming out soon, so my next few months are booked anyway, should make it easy to forget

Ventara

I think I'm done. It's been fun, but this has been a good reminder of why I need to stay away from f2p games. Hard to control my spending, and then however many $ later i still don't feel like I've made any significant progress.

So, yea. I'm gonna delete the app from my phone this time to make sure I don't pick it up again. I just started Witcher 3, and Dark Souls 3 is coming out soon, so my next few months are booked anyway, should make it easy to forget

Nooooooo! You've been here from the beginning and have contributed a lot here. Think of the Busters! Don't you want to see Tinuvian with an assplug in action?

RedZone

Neo Member

sad to see you go , and ya f2p games are expensive once you start spending, i just play a couple so i never get bored and feel the need to spend a lot haha

This. Auto-raiding Ragnarok for Deus Rag with Dark Fury is the most awesome thing ever. If you get the free 3 days of the one that auto salvages equipment, you can get 100-150 Essences in one auto, easy.

How do you guys manage to get past Lab 80? It's ridiculous, they one hit kill my entire crew!

I can auto-run past floor 80 sometimes after changes :D

Meteor mage, Gaela Ult, DBA Max, Storm bear Max+1, DDC Max

plus helpers Shabelle M+1, Porin +6, Vidi Max+4 :D, Ari +Ultimate

I still haven't done any Ch3 stuff, since i barely played during Chapter2 besides logging in and collecting allies/rubies/tickets/shoes. I didn't have any deities or anything so Ch3 is almost an instant loss.

Been slowly working on my team, got StormBear 2 weeks ago ... yesterday almost managed to ultimate Knight Ari(Falcon) and Yvante(Margrite). After that i'm going to work on ulting Shabelle while i wait for her Awakened version to come out.

Need to grind more gold though :|

vato_loco

I can auto-run past floor 80 sometimes after changes :D

Meteor mage, Gaela Ult, DBA Max, Storm bear Max+1, DDC Max

plus helpers Shabelle M+1, Porin +6, Vidi Max+4 :D, Ari +Ultimate

With my team I should be breezing through then, what am I doing wrong. Paladin, ULT Kymael, MAX+4 Blackaria, MAX+2 Storm Bear, MAX+2 Fryd. Helpers are Llywelyn MAX, Shabelle, Loki MAX and Fulson.

Limit

What make mage good at lab? Sheep?

I have gotten to lab 96 with sheep mage and 95 with meteor. Mostly luck cause during one of my sheep mage runs I sheeped GS and I killed him before he was able to kill any of my main team members, like he usually does. Both are pretty effective.

Ventara

With my team I should be breezing through then, what am I doing wrong. Paladin, ULT Kymael, MAX+4 Blackaria, MAX+2 Storm Bear, MAX+2 Fryd. Helpers are Llywelyn MAX, Shabelle, Loki MAX and Fulson.

Your team is better than mine and I can usually make it past 90. Only thing I can think of is they're not geared well. If they are, maybe you're not doing enough DPS? Try swapping Kymael and Lywelyn.

arevin01

Vent if you wanna gb, you can join my guild and I can do some with you, only 2 ppl are active in gb me and one another, but we still get 40 rubies for guild, 20 for individual and another 20 if you do like 10 battles. You can get like top 5 in our guild if you get only 50 pts lol.

Ventara

Vent if you wanna gb, you can join my guild and I can do some with you, only 2 ppl are active in gb me and one another, but we still get 40 rubies for guild, 20 for individual and another 20 if you do like 10 battles. You can get like top 5 in our guild if you get only 50 pts lol.

Thanks, I think I will. Left my last guild since I was taking a break from the game, but now that I play daily again, I've been meaning to join a guild for a little while now. What's the guild name?

arevin01

Thanks, I think I will. Left my last guild since I was taking a break from the game, but now that I play daily again, I've been meaning to join a guild for a little while now. What's the guild name?

Guild name is Absorenity. Let me know if you join so I can notify the GM. I'm on mainly my pally Crossader.

arevin01

Even if Kymael has 18k damage and Llywelyn has about 9k? She doesn't have 4U+2SSS, she's still with 6 Rag SSS.

Kym will never be your dmg dealer even if she has 18k dmg. Your priority is to get a AOE diety either Fry or DBS or even Gaela then you will do much better in LAB. LLY is decent enough in LAB but the goal is to wipe a group of enemies in LAB all at once. Once you do, focus all your attention to getting 4U+2 Dark. These gear wont be going away anytime soon, they will last likely till 90 gear.

Pejo

So I finally Ult'd Greysoul and Hellhawk last Saturday during the discount period, only have to collect 4 more SSS's as fodder for the Angel Rogue (forget her name) to Ult her, then I'm all set for the Rogue DB. It's been an interesting conundrum with having multiple high powered rogues on a team. It doesn't really lend itself to being helpful with much. I feel like my Ult Draco Brightspark pretty much always has a spot on the team, just like Blackaria (for most things).

I think after this I'm done worrying about Dragon Busters, it's pretty wasteful of resources. Very rarely can you use 3 ults of any one class for anything.

What make mage good at lab? Sheep?

1. Huge DPS I'm at 22-24k attack depending on weapon used
2. 4th passive skill - in addition to above I'm getting bonus 90% fire dmg not included in above stat, and it boosts whole team by 20% in addition
3. Big burst of damage in meteor - I've one shooted floor 80, 91 and 95(or 96) on one of previous manual runs
4. At really high floors it doesn't matter how much def you have since most things will wipe any non warrior/defensive paladin character

So Mage fits perfectly into lab style where you - drop AOE skills on enemies, clear leftovers asap, and continue until only Storm Bear is alive and then just before his taunt skill ends you ressurect everything with scroll.

Grzi

So today I finished the whole use potions clear raids get rubies thing. I'm at 5k rubies(a bit less since I already spent some). What do I use them for lol? Essences are a must I suppose, do I buy costumes? For my character at least? Do I use a bunch of them for ally summons? I bought a bunch of gold so I could deify one of my characters.

Made Storm Bear. He seems cool.
Everyone seems to be suggesting I make Blackaria, so I guess she's next.
What about archers? Llywellyn or the Boden archer? Thanks in advance!

First open all accessory slots on main characters (those used for Arena, Lab, WB).
Open all potion slots on characters used for Lab.
Open second accessory slot in your most important deities (but only on deities).

As for essences just buy minimal amount need for deities you want now.

Summons I'd wait till they run 1+1 promotion which would give highest amount of SSS guys.

Costumes for characters - don't buy them with rubies you can get nice ones with arena/wb coins.

Also it looks like we are getting free SSS ally as apology for all the bugs, and someone mentioned we might get character skills reset next patch.

And there will be new event
https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonblaz...ort_event_why_isnt_anyone_talking_about_this/

so chance for another 3x SS and SSS

So new bodens coming in 2 weeks, right? Sweet, got my incanter + pally at ultimate now ready for Falcon & Margritte. Going to ultimate Shabelle and wait for her awakened version.

Anyone uses the pet that auto enhances SS/S allies? Does he work good? Does he try to max a SS or does he do them evenly? (Concerned about costs at last stages of enhancing)

I have around 2.8k shoes so i've been running on Auto during the night but i'm always stopped for filling up my allies. And i have LOTS of SS guys that i need to turn into SSS.

So new bodens coming in 2 weeks, right? Sweet, got my incanter + pally at ultimate now ready for Falcon & Margritte. Going to ultimate Shabelle and wait for her awakened version.

Anyone uses the pet that auto enhances SS/S allies? Does he work good? Does he try to max a SS or does he do them evenly? (Concerned about costs at last stages of enhancing)

I have around 2.8k shoes so i've been running on Auto during the night but i'm always stopped for filling up my allies. And i have LOTS of SS guys that i need to turn into SSS.

It enhances same ally until it is maxed.

But the problem is it uses B for SS and C for S which is huge waste - optimally you want to use only 3/4/5 B guys on SS and then bunch of C fodder on early levels.

sweet!
i got my paladin, ready for falcon! :)

now... hoping to get an incanter...
this weekend it's 2 deities for me :)

I'd love to get an incanter for margr... missed the ravengale train, but a deity that summons deity? now that's something i need :)

It enhances same ally until it is maxed.

But the problem is it uses B for SS and C for S which is huge waste - optimally you want to use only 3/4/5 B guys on SS and then bunch of C fodder on early levels.

my rule of thumb is that IF i reach 24%+ on ss while feeding B, i switch to C until i "break" that enhancement level...

vato_loco

Kym will never be your dmg dealer even if she has 18k dmg. Your priority is to get a AOE diety either Fry or DBS or even Gaela then you will do much better in LAB. LLY is decent enough in LAB but the goal is to wipe a group of enemies in LAB all at once. Once you do, focus all your attention to getting 4U+2 Dark. These gear wont be going away anytime soon, they will last likely till 90 gear.

I will. After farming two whole weeks I'm kinda burnt, but the results are there. Managed to get to 90 LAB and 10%, and still 5% Arena.

Who should I ULT next? I'm all set to make another Deify when they come out, but I'd like to ULT someone else, the only one I have is Kymael. Rest is:

Storm Bear
Llywelyn
Fryderyk
Blackaria

arevin01

I will. After farming two whole weeks I'm kinda burnt, but the results are there. Managed to get to 90 LAB and 10%, and still 5% Arena.

Who should I ULT next? I'm all set to make another Deify when they come out, but I'd like to ULT someone else, the only one I have is Kymael. Rest is:

Storm Bear---Lab
Llywelyn---WB
Fryderyk---LAB/Arena
Blackaria---All events

Always ULT someone to your priorities. Look above in which event you wish to succeed on.

I managed to get to Lab 99 today. Clearing Lab 100 dont seem too hard. Just need better scroll timing.

Salamande

Sasha, the new summoner Dark Soul, sounds pretty amazing.

I know it's unreasonable to lust after stuff that's up to a year down the line, but I can't help it. I just love the design on the DSes. So much better than the Dragon Buster mechs.

Top Bottom