• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Skill reset in effect :)

Finally I can repair mistake of maxing mage second passive when 4th one is much better so I'm now in 0/11/11/11 configuration

Uthred

Skill reset in effect :)

Finally I can repair mistake of maxing mage second passive when 4th one is much better so I'm now in 0/11/11/11 configuration

Wish this had come earlier as I broke and paid for a reset the other day. Might use it as an opportunity to mix up my roles/builds. So what are people using these days?

Warrior: Was using defence for Lab but might switch to Rage Rush for Raids?
Priest: Still Magnify for WB?
Paladin: ? Defence for Lab? Seems to be dominating arena as well. Most popular build appears to be 10/10+1/10 9/x/x/9
Mage: Sheep for Arena & Lab?
Rogue: DoD? Rogues seem to have taken a backseat in all activities
Archer: ? No idea

vato_loco

All of them - we get 1+1 starting tomorrow so those SSS will be raining from the sky :)

But since you are a bit short on DPS maybe Fryderyk
I'd love to ULT all of them, but I don't think I have enough cash. I took advantage of the 1+1 Gold and have about 9M. Bringing one from +2 to ULT takes what, 2.5M? Is the discount still available? I think it didn't apply to Limit Breaks though.

Always ULT someone to your priorities. Look above in which event you wish to succeed on.

I managed to get to Lab 99 today. Clearing Lab 100 dont seem too hard. Just need better scroll timing.
I wanna be better in Lab and Arena. I did about 13M damage to Hydra yesterday and still ended up in the Top 30%, what the hell. Lab and Arena are the highest I can get right now, with Lab 10% and Arena 5%.

Warrior: Was using defence for Lab but might switch to Rage Rush for Raids?
Now i'm doing pretty much everything with paladin, save farming stages.. dunno, if i'll spec def again or go rage rush..

Priest: Still Magnify for WB?
Yes

Paladin: ? Defence for Lab? Seems to be dominating arena as well. Most popular build appears to be 10/10+1/10 9/x/x/9

Mage: Sheep for Arena & Lab?
i'd say so, after the nerf to aoe in arena..

Rogue: DoD? Rogues seem to have taken a backseat in all activities
dod as always i'd say

Archer: ? No idea
My understanding is that roa build is now a viable choice, but i don't know the exact skill points allocation :/

How does this work?

When you summon premium allies you fill gauges
first you need to get 3A to get free S
then 3 S to get free SS
then 3SS to get free SSS

Now those free bonuses are doubled

Also 300 ruby pack gives 1+ SS ally always so it's easy to fill last one.

I'd love to ULT all of them, but I don't think I have enough cash. I took advantage of the 1+1 Gold and have about 9M. Bringing one from +2 to ULT takes what, 2.5M? Is the discount still available? I think it didn't apply to Limit Breaks though.

Limit breaking is discounted - so total cost goes down to <1300k if you wait for weekend.
Deifying is not discounted and stays at 800k.

Biggest challenge will be using those A/S fodder guys efficiently. It's around 35-40 allies for each SSS pair

uhm did they nerf anything?
same team as last week..
same gear..
I'm now unable to break floor 57 on auto..
must have fucked up my skill build, as i wasn't sure on passive skill point distribution and went something like
10/10+1/10
7/7/x/REST

le sigh

vato_loco

I don't even know what my build was, I'll have to check again what's best for Paladin and stuff.

I'm not sure it's even possible to be stuck at 57 when you could Auto up to 80 before. Maybe they changed something. I haven't been to lab yet to check.

Also I'll do my leveling tomorrow. Unfortunately it's 2 in the morning here when that buff arrives. I'm too old for that (?)

I don't even know what my build was, I'll have to check again what's best for Paladin and stuff.

I'm not sure it's even possible to be stuck at 57 when you could Auto up to 80 before. Maybe they changed something. I haven't been to lab yet to check.

Also I'll do my leveling tomorrow. Unfortunately it's 2 in the morning here when that buff arrives. I'm too old for that (?)

ok i'm again @floor 75 on auto..
dunno what rng-god made me fail 8 times in a row @floor 57..

Uthred

I'd prefer if they gave you some kind of reset token, I can never remember my skill build and its annoying trying to figure out what it was. Suppose I'll take screengrabs from now on.

does the ally enhance discount starts on saturday night or on sunday? :X
itching for dat deity :)

On both.

And yeah waiting for evening is making me nervous :)

edit:

Journal of SSS madness (to be updated later)

Friday: 2 SSS from events, 1 from combining fodder
Saturday so far: 8 SSS from 1+1, 5 from combining, 1 from summons, made DBS and used 21 S allies to get her +Max,

On both.

edit:

Saturday so far: 2 SSS from 1+1, 1 from combining
i have 4 k rubies to spend, but no damn space in the bank until i do these damn ally combination to get 1 (or 2) deities :|

I have Ari at ultimate and getting Yvante today to ultimate and then it's wait time till Falcon and Margritte is released.

Might start defying Shabelle.(For awakened version) Or one of the other SSS priests i have and go for Blackaria.

Anyone knows how long till awakened deities come?

Also, have way too much SS that i usually only have around 15 spots for farming A,B,C fodder :s

I have Ari at ultimate and getting Yvante today to ultimate and then it's wait time till Falcon and Margritte is released.

Might start defying Shabelle.(For awakened version) Or one of the other SSS priests i have and go for Blackaria.

Anyone knows how long till awakened deities come?

Also, have way too much SS that i usually only have around 15 spots for farming A,B,C fodder :s

In Korea they arrived (Gram and Mercedes) a week after second wave of busters

So i'm guessing 9+ weeks for global ?

brightspark get!
now on to money farm for gaela!
then full deity team, get!
team:
me
blackaria+max
brightspark+max
storm bear+max
punishergar+max+ult --> to gaela (either today or tomorrow night)

sooo..
ult those deities or get additional "situational" deities (bloodwind, to get a better hydra score, for example)?
ult-ing those is a big investment, but I think it will pay off in lab :X

RedZone

Neo Member
brightspark get!
now on to money farm for gaela!
then full deity team, get!
team:
me
blackaria+max
brightspark+max
storm bear+max
punishergar+max+ult --> to gaela (either today or tomorrow night)

sooo..
ult those deities or get additional "situational" deities (bloodwind, to get a better hydra score, for example)?
ult-ing those is a big investment, but I think it will pay off in lab :X

better off ulting a regular team first before you work on other allies that way you can do better in events

Incanter dark soul is insane..

Belle evoking random hero was strong..
Ravengale evoking her per is gosu-tier for wb..
Kr player confirm that margritte with deity evocation capability is a beast..
Guess what incanter dark soul does? Evoke another dark soul..

So wb golem will be..
Magnify priest
Magritte
Ravengale
Blackaria
Belle

With incanter dark soul on One of these...

Cannot wait dropping OUT of 30% on wb since i've got a lab oriented team that won't CUT it in wb :)

RedZone

Neo Member
Incanter dark soul is insane..

Belle evoking random hero was strong..
Ravengale evoking her per is gosu-tier for wb..
Kr player confirm that margritte with deity evocation capability is a beast..
Guess what incanter dark soul does? Evoke another dark soul..

So wb golem will be..
Magnify priest
Magritte
Ravengale
Blackaria
Belle

With incanter dark soul on One of these...

Cannot wait dropping OUT of 30% on wb since i've got a lab oriented team that won't CUT it in wb :)

30 and 40% on wb doesnt make much of a difference, if you havent cleared level 80 on lab yet its better to focus on that

ulting bear and brightspark would help you in arena which would net you like the same amount of ruby

KimChi

So out of curiosity I booted the game back up and think ill start playing again, probably just casually using up my shoes and tickets once or twice a day... or not, well see :X. I noticed vent kept me on friend list which is cool and the guild I was in is still around some what it seems. Kinda look forward to catching up level wise and gearing up all my allies since the equipment slots are all open now so thats cool too. Any who I got some questions if anyone would be kind enough to answer em :)

1) Since paladins are out whats the consensus on them? Are they better than warriors for lab and good at any other modes?

2) Any new balances applied to arena? I had a meteor mage last I played but with the skill reset will probably go sheep mage unless that build is worthless now?

3) Did difficulties get completely removed from Chapter 1+2?

4) I got 4k rubies, any special events for premium allies or essences I should try to take advantage of?

5) Since I'm level 73 and gotta play catch up, any particular levels I should grind for xp in chapter 2?

6) How do you guys think I should progress on my deifies and which allies should be kept?
Allies:
Kymael(ULT) , Llywelyn(ULT) , Blackaria(Max) , D. Brightspark(ULT) , Ravengale(Max) ,
Greysoul(Max) , Bloodwind(Max) , Belle Snow(Max)[Deify into boden summoner] ,
Gram(Max)[Keep for his awaken] , Archer Ur(Max) , Byron(Max)
Unenhanced SSS:
Mara x 2 , Tiel(keeping for falcon) , Brightspark, Tinuvian , Calgar , Spark Wizard Ann ,
Garotan , Whay , Deathcrown , Windlune

7) Any suggestions for party formation in each mode? I have all character classes at level 70-73 beside paladin atm.

8)What raid boss gear should I aim for right now to gear up my party and then get the black gear?

Takuan

On both.

edit:

Saturday so far: 8 SSS from 1+1, 5 from combining, 1 from summons, made DBS and used 21 S allies to get her +Max,
Wait, this started? Where and how?

Oh I had no idea this was a store thing. Guess I'll wait for the enhance fee discount buff to pop before clearing out my current roster of feeders.

RedZone

Neo Member
1) Since paladins are out whats the consensus on them? Are they better than warriors for lab and good at any other modes?

2) Any new balances applied to arena? I had a meteor mage last I played but with the skill reset will probably go sheep mage unless that build is worthless now?

3) Did difficulties get completely removed from Chapter 1+2?

4) I got 4k rubies, any special events for premium allies or essences I should try to take advantage of?

5) Since I'm level 73 and gotta play catch up, any particular levels I should grind for xp in chapter 2?

6) How do you guys think I should progress on my deifies and which allies should be kept?
Allies:
Kymael(ULT) , Llywelyn(ULT) , Blackaria(Max) , D. Brightspark(ULT) , Ravengale(Max) ,
Greysoul(Max) , Bloodwind(Max) , Belle Snow(Max)[Deify into boden summoner] ,
Gram(Max)[Keep for his awaken] , Archer Ur(Max) , Byron(Max)
Unenhanced SSS:
Mara x 2 , Tiel(keeping for falcon) , Brightspark, Tinuvian , Calgar , Spark Wizard Ann ,
Garotan , Whay , Deathcrown , Windlune

7) Any suggestions for party formation in each mode? I have all character classes at level 70-73 beside paladin atm.

8)What raid boss gear should I aim for right now to gear up my party and then get the black gear?

1.good for everything really, better than warr for lab, if you dont have one use the 990 jar of growth to make a level 80 one

2.yes sheep is better than meteor, dmg got nerfed in arena, some ppl still run meteor ult though so it might still be ok

3.yes.

4.buy 990 jar on a new char to make a level 80 and spend the rest right now on 1+1 event in shop

5. get the jar and farm in chp 3 for ancient essence, otherwise pick any boss level for the essence you want.

6. either +ult the rest of your diety units or turn byron into bear and get to floor 80 in lab to get 2 free SS a week.

7,i just use noble chivalry for lab

8. just run pheonix raid on auto if you need deus rag tickets otherwise run rag constatnly till everyone is geared with SSS stuff and use all raid essence in the shop for deus tickets

KimChi

1.good for everything really, better than warr for lab, if you dont have one use the 990 jar of growth to make a level 80 one

2.yes sheep is better than meteor, dmg got nerfed in arena, some ppl still run meteor ult though so it might still be ok

3.yes.

4.buy 990 jar on a new char to make a level 80 and spend the rest right now on 1+1 event in shop

5. get the jar and farm in chp 3 for ancient essence, otherwise pick any boss level for the essence you want.

6. either +ult the rest of your diety units or turn byron into bear and get to floor 80 in lab to get 2 free SS a week.

7,i just use noble chivalry for lab

8. just run pheonix raid on auto if you need deus rag tickets otherwise run rag constatnly till everyone is geared with SSS stuff and use all raid essence in the shop for deus tickets

Much appreciated, thanks Red. Had no idea we got the jar in the korean version already so will be getting that on the paladin. What skills should I level for paladin?
Also, if anyone has room to add me on friendlist, my character is KimChiBowl.

RedZone

Neo Member
Much appreciated, thanks Red. Had no idea we got the jar in the korean version already so will be getting that on the paladin. What skills should I level for paladin?
Also, if anyone has room to add me on friendlist, my character is KimChiBowl.

just check out livis guide she posts the most popular builds, but ulting the middle skill is best for lab and the 3rd skill ult is best for wb

Ok time to stop weekend madness:

Sunday: 2SSS from attendance

So a total of 19 SSS gained 4,5k rubies spent and 8-9 milions of gold

Oh and I got 0 paladins in all that :)

Now just waiting for WBs to check how much will DBS improve my score

Don't use the jar on the lvl73 char (mage?) you have. Using the jar will not give you the rewards for finishing the chapters AND for clearing chapter 2(1.5k rubies!).

So, use the jar on a new character(pally), and then do all the raids, from both chapters, in order. This will give you A LOT of rubies.

After that, if you still have classes that you haven't played, make one, and use the 500 rubies jar on it to level her to 80. (You won't get gear this time so just transfer from the pally). Once again, do all raids in order to get A LOT of rubies (it will be a net positive).

You can keep doing this for any class that you haven't played yet to get a lot more rubies.

After this, use the character you want to use(pally?) besides your current main(mage?) and proceed to level up your allies to 80-83. Then use those allies with your current main to finish chapter 2 and get 1.5k rubies. (Plus whatever you get from finishing individual chapters)

Beck

Last night also treated me well thanks to the 1+1:
- 7700 rubies spent
- 26 SSS allies made (10 combined, 16 summoned)
- Tiel now Ultimate for Drunken Falcon, and Ari went to Ultimate and turned into Kymael MAX
- Plan to Ultimate Kymael and Hellhawk tonight

I didn't have enough room in my ally inventory so I still have 14 idling in the mailbox. With the 2x SSS login bonus today, hopefully one of those sixteen is Belle, although I'm not against more fodder.

Question: I said I'd be ultimating Hellhawk, but does anyone think it'd be better if I Ultimate Blackaria instead? I plan to have Blackaria as my main healer until Awakened Shabelle in summer, but Hellhawk might be more beneficial in PvP (plus BA's death is actually very helpful in a lot of situations). He's currently more well equipped, but looking at my schedule, I'm still unsure:

Storm Bear ULT
Fryderyk ULT
Hellhawk MAX
Blackaria MAX
Llywelyn MAX
Kymael MAX (will ultimate)
*Drunken Falcon ULT*
*Magritte ULT*

Limit

- 7700 rubies spent
- Tiel now Ultimate for Drunken Falcon, and Ari went to Ultimate and turned into Kymael MAX

I didn't have enough room in my ally inventory so I still have 14 idling in the mailbox. With the 2x SSS login bonus today, hopefully one of those sixteen is Belle, although I'm not against more fodder.

Question: I said I'd be ultimating Hellhawk, but does anyone think it'd be better if I Ultimate Blackaria instead? I plan to have Blackaria as my main healer until Awakened Shabelle in summer, but Hellhawk might be more beneficial in PvP (plus BA's death is actually very helpful in a lot of situations). He's currently more well equipped, but looking at my schedule, I'm still unsure:

Storm Bear ULT
Fryderyk ULT
Hellhawk MAX
Blackaria MAX
Llywelyn MAX
*Drunken Falcon ULT*
*Magritte ULT*

Given that battles last so much longer now it's not good for blackaria to die first. I would ultimate her first. In general Ult anyone who you would like to have in your main team.

Hmm I can't speak about ultra competitive top 50 arena/GB but I actually killed more hawks today than vice-versa.

We used team of sheep mage+paladin+aria+gaela - all you need is lucky sheep hitting him as collateral target or lucky stun from paladin aoe and sometimes with damage increasing over time in arena he can be killed by AOE

KimChi

Don't use the jar on the lvl73 char (mage?) you have. Using the jar will not give you the rewards for finishing the chapters AND for clearing chapter 2(1.5k rubies!).

So, use the jar on a new character(pally), and then do all the raids, from both chapters, in order. This will give you A LOT of rubies.

After that, if you still have classes that you haven't played, make one, and use the 500 rubies jar on it to level her to 80. (You won't get gear this time so just transfer from the pally). Once again, do all raids in order to get A LOT of rubies (it will be a net positive).

You can keep doing this for any class that you haven't played yet to get a lot more rubies.

After this, use the character you want to use(pally?) besides your current main(mage?) and proceed to level up your allies to 80-83. Then use those allies with your current main to finish chapter 2 and get 1.5k rubies. (Plus whatever you get from finishing individual chapters)
Yeah I used the special jar (990 rubies) for paladin, I'll just use all the others characters to grind for essences in chapter 2 while leveling them, don't really see the point of using the jar to get them to 80 when they are all level 70 already anyways. Some of them have a couple more raid bosses to kill in chapter 2 for the first time ruby reward as well. Thanks to all the free SSS from the 1+1 and combining yesterday I was able to deify Byron into Storm Bear and got him to Max+2. Finally got shabelle too from using the class selection ticket included with special jar.

Also, wth counters hellhawk? Fought a team in arena that had him and he just slowly killed off my team -_- after I wiped the rest of the guy's party, ill just avoid any team with him for now since I still need to gear up my allies lol.

Yeah I used the special jar (990 rubies) for paladin, I'll just use all the others characters to grind for essences in chapter 2 while leveling them, don't really see the point of using the jar to get them to 80 when they are all level 70 already anyways. Some of them have a couple more raid bosses to kill in chapter 2 for the first time ruby reward as well. Thanks to all the free SSS from the 1+1 and combining yesterday I was able to deify Byron into Storm Bear and got him to Max+2. Finally got shabelle too from using the class selection ticket included with special jar.

Also, wth counters hellhawk? Fought a team in arena that had him and he just slowly killed off my team -_- after I wiped the rest of the guy's party, ill just avoid any team with him for now since I still need to gear up my allies lol.

Howl is Hellhawk's true counter, who's also an arena god in his own right, so 2nd wave of Bodens. There's a couple awakened that are counters to Hawk (Pata, Tinuvian) but they won't come to global for much later.

great, just great..
deified an unit and forgot unequipping..
there goes
2 u weapon fully maxed,
chest u, helm u, fully maxed.
hands and feet sss fully maxed..

ffs...

on the bright side.. team is now full deity fully maxed..
now on with the ult-ing process...
i think tonight will be a loooong ragnaros deus night...

Crzy1

Haven't been playing much lately. I did ult Gaela and I maxed Storm Bear, got to level 95 in labs (I think it was). Sitting around 4.3 million points using my priest. Didn't realize Gaela was such a machine, she was clearing some floors with a single gust. Think I'll focus more effort on finishing labs for now, I just can't keep up with the world boss arms race.

Not sure if I want to ult Storm Bear now or get Ari ready to turn into Falcon.

KimChi

I've got some U weapons that have only a 2 set effect, are they worth putting on certain allies or should I just focus on the full U Deus Ragnarok set?

I also just noticed invulnerability seems like its bugged? Saw my allies getting killed even when blackaria procs her invulnerability on death lol.

RedZone

Neo Member
I've got some U weapons that have only a 2 set effect, are they worth putting on certain allies or should I just focus on the full U Deus Ragnarok set?

I also just noticed invulnerability seems like its bugged? Saw my allies getting killed even when blackaria procs her invulnerability on death lol.

only the deus rag set is any good, and most ppl go 4 U gear and 2 SSS deus rag so you get twice the crit damage set bonus

Yes inv is bugged right now , and Blackaria is also bugged since she revives allies when she is in that 8 second inv buble not 100% dead yet state.

I use two 2U sets as temporary solution until I can find deus rag U stuff with good rolls. Altrough some of them have been "temporary" solution for weeks already

Limit

great, just great..
deified an unit and forgot unequipping..
there goes
2 u weapon fully maxed,
chest u, helm u, fully maxed.
hands and feet sss fully maxed..

ffs...

on the bright side.. team is now full deity fully maxed..
now on with the ult-ing process...
i think tonight will be a loooong ragnaros deus night...

Level 86 raid might be as far out as a week from now. And Deus 80 gear is on par with 86, except for the fact that you don't need hundreds of raid tickets to just gear one character. I would suggest not to go ham on gearing up.

srusli

- 7700 rubies spent

Storm Bear ULT
Fryderyk ULT
Hellhawk MAX
Blackaria MAX
Llywelyn MAX
*Drunken Falcon ULT*
*Magritte ULT*

How did you get 7700 rubies from ? are you a P2P player ?

Beck

How did you get 7700 rubies from ? are you a P2P player ?

I actually had close to 9000 but I knew I would need to buy essence next month so I kept some. But, I've been putting in around $10 a month since December. Maybe 500 ruby boost (not too much). I've just been participating in all the events and saving for a rainy day (the 1+1 event).

Level 86 raid might be as far out as a week from now. And Deus 80 gear is on par with 86, except for the fact that you don't need hundreds of raid tickets to just gear one character. I would suggest not to go ham on gearing up.
Well it was fast..
S he's again 4u+2dark..
Only thing i don't like is that One of the sword has not rolled with all the correct stuff..
I'll run it again tonight, Hopefully i get a decent sword , then it's upgrade time

Yes inv is bugged right now , and Blackaria is also bugged since she revives allies when she is in that 8 second inv buble not 100% dead yet state.

I use two 2U sets as temporary solution until I can find deus rag U stuff with good rolls. Altrough some of them have been "temporary" solution for weeks already

michealius do we have a gaf guild on dragon blaze eu?
i would like those sweet additional rubies as well but no can do :X

Top Bottom