• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

vato_loco

Hi! I just dropped by to say that Arena fights are getting ridiculously long. Like, I'm still waiting for one to end and it's been five minutes.

Bye!

KimChi

Hi! I just dropped by to say that Arena fights are getting ridiculously long. Like, I'm still waiting for one to end and it's been five minutes.

Bye!

Arena fights really should have a timer.

Is there a guild on the NA server I could join to do some gb?
Also, for labyrinth I can get to round 89 but wipe at 90, any suggestion to what I could change?
Team: Storm Bear(ULT), Llywelyn(ULT), Blackaria(Max), Kymael(ULT), Paladin
using the noble chivalry formation
Going to work on Ulting Blackaria, granted all my allies are still undergeared so that is putting me down too.

Arena fights really should have a timer.

Is there a guild on the NA server I could join to do some gb?
Also, for labyrinth I can get to round 89 but wipe at 90, any suggestion to what I could change?
Team: Storm Bear(ULT), Llywelyn(ULT), Blackaria(Max), Kymael(ULT), Paladin
using the noble chivalry formation
Going to work on Ulting Blackaria, granted all my allies are still undergeared so that is putting me down too.
how can you be undegeared and have ult on all deity? :X
i mean, it's way easier to be full 4u+2sss on all char, then to be fully ult..
muuuuuuch faster :x

KimChi

how can you be undegeared and have ult on all deity? :X
i mean, it's way easier to be full 4u+2sss on all char, then to be fully ult..
muuuuuuch faster :x

I've barely picked up the game again after a couple months of not playing thats why lol. When I stopped, I had Kymael and Llywelyn ULT, other deified units at Max and this was when allies were limited to 3 slots of equipment :p

Takuan

After the 1+1 event, my Ari is ready to be Falconated and I ult'd Storm Bear and Blackaria. Blew like 2100 rubies to get there, but there doesn't really seem to be a better purchase right now. Still sitting on 2600 or so, which is twice what I had before the major update.

I considered ult'ing my Incanter in preparation for Magritte, but figured Storm Bear would pay off quicker and I'd probably have enough fodder by the time the second wave of Bodens come out. I also think replacing Rogue Un with Falcon would do much more for my team than Magritte, since my biggest problems remain survivability and damage. Ult Blackaria and Storm Bear definitely resulted in tangible improvements, but I'm still getting rekt early in Chapter 3 and by some Chapter 2 Lab bosses.

Still working on gear, starting maxing out stuff I didn't see myself replacing over the short term but my guys are mainly on a mis-mash of Rag/Deus Rag SSS and SS tier gear so I don't want to drop the gold into improving stuff I'll be dumping eventually.

Can't wait for Boden wave 2.

Bye!
I stayed up way longer than I should've battling a level 72(!!!) Max+2 Hellhawk followed by an 83 Ultimate Storm Bear. I just couldn't kill them quickly enough!

Never again. But now I want Hellhawk (nice knowing ya, Un).

vato_loco

I stayed up way longer than I should've battling a level 72(!!!) Max+2 Hellhawk followed by an 83 Ultimate Storm Bear. I just couldn't kill them quickly enough!

Never again. But now I want Hellhawk (nice knowing ya, Un).
I know right? Hellhawk is definitely on the list! Although the second wave is coming soon and I'm all out of SSS after ULTing my entire team. Dammit, I'm torn now...

Whizkid7

I know right? Hellhawk is definitely on the list! Although the second wave is coming soon and I'm all out of SSS after ULTing my entire team. Dammit, I'm torn now...

I'm definitely looking forward to the second wave. I think I have enough SSS/ SS to combine into SSS to prep for the summoner who could really help bump some of my scores up, but I also just made Fredyryck over the weekend so I'm debating between that and working on ULTing him. I can pass Lab 80 with a little luck and scroll timing so I don't know who's going to be more beneficial right now.

Takuan

Just takes patience. I basically stopped actively combining SS units, with the exception of this past weekend (it was easy to do with the 300 rubies package). Most of the SSS units I got were from event freebies.

I really don't play that actively and if I didn't want to wait for Falcon I could easily have a party of maxed/partially ult'd deities.

As far as Hellhawk, as cool as he is, he's lower priority than Falcon and possibly Magritte since he seems specifically used in Arena - I'm sure he's good everywhere, but as far as general utility, it seems Falcon and Magritte may be better suited. So I don't really know when I'll be able to get him.

arevin01

Just takes patience. I basically stopped actively combining SS units, with the exception of this past weekend (it was easy to do with the 300 rubies package). Most of the SSS units I got were from event freebies.

I really don't play that actively and if I didn't want to wait for Falcon I could easily have a party of maxed/partially ult'd deities.

As far as Hellhawk, as cool as he is, he's lower priority than Falcon and possibly Magritte since he seems specifically used in Arena - I'm sure he's good everywhere, but as far as general utility, it seems Falcon and Magritte may be better suited. So I don't really know when I'll be able to get him.

I would place Hawk priority over Falcon and Magritte. What use is Falcon if he has no dps to buff?

eltonkk

Neo Member
Hi everyone, need some help since I'm falling behind quite a bit. Originally, I can score top 5/10% in lab, but after Chapter 3, I am at 20'ish%, due to my shift of focus towards WB. Also, I'm getting my ass kicked in Guild Battle. I've been true to my heart w/ my mage and used her for everything, but now things can change.

I have all 6 class at lvl 83.

Formation:
Solidarity of Heart 30
Noble Chivalry 30
Incredible Concentration 30
Fire All at One 29

Deify Allies:
Blackaria Ult
Bloodwind Ult
Draco Brightspark ULT
Deathcrown Max
Llywelyn Ult
Ravengale Ult
Kymael Ult

Awaken Ready SSS (I know if I don't save them, I can be stronger right now, but I'm F2P, so I might never be able to RNG them again):
20/21, just missing Rollo

Additionally, I have
24 SSS fodder
12 SS (kind of like 6 SSS)

So technically I can make 3 Deify (after the free SSS this month) if I have the cash (can just run lab all day).

Based on my current Deify Allies and 3 potential new ones, can you all fine ladies and gentlemen please suggest which Class plus which Allies I should use for what event?

For example:
WB: Mage, Llywewelyn, Bloodwind, Ravengale, Blackaria, (Helper: Kymael), Formation: Fire All at One.

I'd really appreciate if you guys let me know what to use for WB, Lab, Arena and Guild Battle. Thank you all in advance.

Also would appreciate if you guys let me know which Card and Stats the Deify Allies should carry. I'm pretty sure I'm not giving them the right Card, and currently I'm just giving everyone Critical Rate and Damage.

Ventara

I only took into consideration the allies you do have. Based on what you have, I'd make Trigger, Falcon and Howl in preparation for the Busters. Getting Magritte and Paula Tracy down the line would be good, too.

Lab:

Paladin, D. Deathcrown, D. Brightspark, Lywelyn and Blackaria using Noble Chivalry

Alternatively,

Sheep mage, Kymael, D. Deathcrown, D. Brightspark and Blackaria using Noble Chivalry

Depending on RNG, you might get further with sheep mage. Though you might lack enough DPS to kill the enemies quick enough.

Golem WB:

Magnify priest, Ravengale, Bloodwind, Lywelyn, D. Brightspark and Kymael as helper using Fire All at One

Try swapping your paladin (with attack stance) with your priest and see if that helps.

Hydra WB:

Maginfy priest, Ravengale, D. Brightspark, Kymael, Lywelyn and Bloodwind as helper using Incredible Concentration

Again, try swapping your priest with paladin and see how that works. Also, play around with your helper. D. Deathcrown or Blackaria might be more useful there.

Arena:

Paladin, D. Deathcrown, Lywelyn, D. Brightspark, Blackaria and Kymael as helper using Noble Chivalry.

If you have Shabelle, put her as helper and replace D. Deathcrown with Kymael. Arena has a lot of RNG going on. You basically want a safe tanky team with some revival backups like Kymael and Shabelle. Try swapping either Lywelyn or D. Brightspark with D. Deathcrown (assuming you had Shabelle) and see how that goes. Avoid teams with Hellhawk, Stormbear and Greysoul. To do well, you really have to get in on that first day and pick your opponents. You can definitely make top 5%.

Fake edit: Just noticed you do have Shabelle, so yeah, swap Kymael in and use Shabelle as helper. You need to learn to time it right. Summon early and it's a waste. Summon too late and she'll die the moment she enters.

Guild Battle:

Play as paladin or a DPS warrior. Kymael is probably your best unit for GB.

GB is really random. Even when I was competitive, I still lost 1/4 of the time. You just need to save a lot of tickets and find a good partner.

eltonkk

Neo Member
I only took into consideration the allies you do have. Based on what you have, I'd make Trigger, Falcon and Howl in preparation for the Busters. Getting Magritte and Paula Tracy down the line would be good, too.

Thanks for the kind help. However, you suggested making Trigger, Falcon and Howl... but if I don't use them in any events, what's the point of making them. Sorry for my stupidity.

Ventara

Thanks for the kind help. However, you suggested making Trigger, Falcon and Howl... but if I don't use them in any events, what's the point of making them. Sorry for my stupidity.

As mentioned, for the Busters. I don't know much about Trigger. Play around and see if she improves anything. Falcon and Howl aren't even available, so there's no point bringing them up. They are close enough to being released that it's worth saving up for them, though. They're definitely useful though, and can be used in GB and maybe Lab. Falcon would be great in WB, too.

Anyways, it's all up to you. Make them, don't make them, wait, don't wait. Just be prepared for Busters as they're really costly if you're f2p.

now i can
SAFELY auto till 76-77..
rng auto 81..
i dig that..
:)
i'm gonna ult gaela first (currently max+3), then either blackaria or brightspark, then the other one, and then finally storm bear :L
gonna stash a few sss for this weekend :)

ecPixel

Neo Member
As mentioned, for the Busters. I don't know much about Trigger. Play around and see if she improves anything. Falcon and Howl aren't even available, so there's no point bringing them up. They are close enough to being released that it's worth saving up for them, though. They're definitely useful though, and can be used in GB and maybe Lab. Falcon would be great in WB, too.

Anyways, it's all up to you. Make them, don't make them, wait, don't wait. Just be prepared for Busters as they're really costly if you're f2p.

Thanks for the advice my friend.

ecPixel

Neo Member
Hydra WB:

Maginfy priest, Ravengale, D. Brightspark, Kymael, Lywelyn and Bloodwind as helper using Incredible Concentration

Wow, I could only get 121 million w/ Meteor Mage, Revengale, Bywelyn, Bloodwind, Kymael and Blackaria as helper using Fire All at One before.

I took the gears off my Mage and Blackaria, put them on my Priest and D. Brightspark to try your suggestion today, I got 139.97 million.

I guess I really have to try out different combos now that I got all my characters up to level.

Thanks again.

vato_loco

I took the gears off my Mage and Blackaria, put them on my Priest and D. Brightspark to try your suggestion today, I got 139.97 million.
140M? Holy crap, and here I was all giddy because I switched my Blackaria for Llywelyn and got 23M. And they're all ULT and everything!

Does the formation make that much of a difference?

RedZone

Neo Member
Wow, I could only get 121 million w/ Meteor Mage, Revengale, Bywelyn, Bloodwind, Kymael and Blackaria as helper using Fire All at One before.

I guess I really have to try out different combos now that I got all my characters up to level.

Thanks again.

lol i finally maxed my belle and got hellhawk last weekend now my scores are back in the top 5%,

but ya priest is best char or paly with 3rd ult

I've got 119 millions on hydra today - so far 3,6% in EU so top 5% should be safe.

I've used:

0/11/0 priest
DBS +ult
Gaela + ult
Belle Snow +ult
Storm Bear +ult

And Aria+ult as helper

DBS herself barely increased my score :( and actual boost came from having two mages to still run inc concentration while using Priest

arevin01

I made it to lab 100 which doesnt seem too hard, only problem is I cant revive anybody because by this time all the GreySouls that I encountered has used his instakill on my party and I cant revive them haha.

ecPixel

Neo Member
I made it to lab 100 which doesnt seem too hard, only problem is I cant revive anybody because by this time all the GreySouls that I encountered has used his instakill on my party and I cant revive them haha.

What's your setup to get to 100? I can only get to 85 using Mage.

yamo

A bit lost where to go from now. Not sure if I should try and deify Storm Bear now or wait for Falcon and Magritte.

I have SSS prepared to be deified into Magritte and Falcon but I don't have any warrior prepared to deify into Storm Bear unfortunately, so I would need to spend all my fodder SSS to create him.

My current team is

Paladin Main
DBS +Ult
DBA +Ult
Llywelyn +Ult
Ravengale +Ult
Knight Ari +Ult (saved for Falcon)
Whay +Ult (saved for Magritte)

Would be cool to hear your opinions on what you think would be the best overall boost to my team, considering all the different game modes.

arevin01

What's your setup to get to 100? I can only get to 85 using Mage.

hOET5rP.png

well i'd say that getting 87 on lab is fine..
next increment is getting gosu rating in arena or wb..

what's the best way to get gems? because pvp gem cost is... incredible :X
and reaching "top level" gem by combining low gems.. is taking forever :X

KimChi

well i'd say that getting 87 on lab is fine..
next increment is getting gosu rating in arena or wb..

what's the best way to get gems? because pvp gem cost is... incredible :X
and reaching "top level" gem by combining low gems.. is taking forever :X

Beside arena, i've noticed the daily dungeon in chapter 2 has a chance of giving you gems as a reward so you can consider that.

arevin01

A bit lost where to go from now. Not sure if I should try and deify Storm Bear now or wait for Falcon and Magritte.

I have SSS prepared to be deified into Magritte and Falcon but I don't have any warrior prepared to deify into Storm Bear unfortunately, so I would need to spend all my fodder SSS to create him.

My current team is

Paladin Main
DBS +Ult
DBA +Ult
Llywelyn +Ult
Ravengale +Ult
Knight Ari +Ult (saved for Falcon)
Whay +Ult (saved for Magritte)

Would be cool to hear your opinions on what you think would be the best overall boost to my team, considering all the different game modes.

Falcon will help you on all modes, but I'm a believer in a balanced team and making SB will provide you that. If you shud ever get a Warrior SSS, focus all your attention to making SB.

Ventara

Wow. I spent all my rubies on that 10+1 Essence event thinking there wouldn't be a better one until after the second batch of Bodens dropped. So that's around 15 essences lost for me.

Anyways, my complaints aside, this is an awesome event! 12 Essences for 270 rubies is the best deal we've gotten, haven't we? Don't recall the 20% off essences ever overlapping with a buy 10 get one free essence event.

RedZone

Neo Member
Wow. I spent all my rubies on that 10+1 Essence event thinking there wouldn't be a better one until after the second batch of Bodens dropped. So that's around 15 essences lost for me.

Anyways, my complaints aside, this is an awesome event! 12 Essences for 270 rubies is the best deal we've gotten, haven't we? Don't recall the 20% off essences ever overlapping with a buy 10 get one free essence event.

im pretty sure the bundle isnt on discount now right, so its about the same price 11 for 270 or 300 for 12

yamo

Falcon will help you on all modes, but I'm a believer in a balanced team and making SB will provide you that. If you shud ever get a Warrior SSS, focus all your attention to making SB.

Thanks mate, I have a few SSS warriors hanging around (just not +ultimate yet). I'll get started on Storm Bear tonight then.

Well looking how Gamevil does their Twitch scheduling, they're doing a Dragon Blaze update show next Friday, which usually follows with the release the Monday or Tuesday after. They generally only ever do a Friday show for a big update.

Good to know. I don't like streaming so I never follow twitch and all that stuff.

Although I wonder if releasing new WB would count as big update

Ventara

In all likelihood, next week is new WB and the week after is new Bodens along with chapter 3-2. I mean, short of them confirming it, all signs point to that.

And speaking about second Boden wave

I'm thinking about swapping to the following team for arena

• Priest with 10/0/11 active skills //healing, debuff removal, inv, nice passives
  • Gaela //dps with 170k hp :)
  • Howl //enemy buff removal, hopefully he will be able to counter hawk, auto-kill ability
  • Falcon //attack increase, inv field for everyone, blocking revive for enemies
  • Bear //uber taunt
Aria as helper for more healing and some revives

That should be tough as nails and hopefully falcon + howl will make up for smaller dps.

Howl+falcon is also 2/3 of Paladin buster in the future

question!
if i have 2 paladins..
is it worth to use one for falcon and one for kymael OR just falcon later and fuse the other? :X
choices ;_;

I got 1 paladin in around 70 SSS so definitely keep her and make Kymael. That will be 2/3 of Paladin buster already with third one being trivial to get warrior.

RedZone

Neo Member
question!
if i have 2 paladins..
is it worth to use one for falcon and one for kymael OR just falcon later and fuse the other? :X
choices ;_;
keep both the buster is good and kymael is still great for arena and lab

I got 1 paladin in around 70 SSS so definitely keep her and make Kymael. That will be 2/3 of Paladin buster already with third one being trivial to get warrior.

lol i had like 1 paly for a long time then i got so many its dumb, probably got ari/tiel 5x each

Nice that should be good boost in all modes :)

I'm currently ranked as 6th on EU lab ranking with 5600k score so hopefully i'll stay in top 50 till wednesday.

yamo

Made Storm Bear yesterday that replaced my Knight Ari. Went from my usual top 30-40% in labyrinth to top 10% on my first try, and he is only Max+1 so far with crappy gear.

Equipped him with a U +str skill card as that was the only good one I had. Not sure if it's even a good card for him.

eltonkk

Neo Member
Is it better to replace my Blackaria with SSS Area of Speed - ATK Speed 26%? She's been using Power to Heal - Heal increases by 19%.

Top Bottom