• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Made Storm Bear yesterday that replaced my Knight Ari. Went from my usual top 30-40% in labyrinth to top 10% on my first try, and he is only Max+1 so far with crappy gear.

Equipped him with a U +str skill card as that was the only good one I had. Not sure if it's even a good card for him.

It's good Strenght increases also Defense and he already has 230-250k HP when ultimated with equipment

KimChi

How are you guys maximizing your labyrinth score btw, not sure if I should bother using the skips to round 25,50,75.
Reason being, somehow my team was able to auto up to round 92 without revive scrolls and I keep getting wiped at 90 when I am actually trying to get passed it lmao. Using the round skips have usually been giving me lower scores since I wipe at 90 mostly.

Ventara

How are you guys maximizing your labyrinth score btw, not sure if I should bother using the skips to round 25,50,75.
Reason being, somehow my team was able to auto up to round 92 without revive scrolls and I keep getting wiped at 90 when I am actually trying to get passed it lmao. Using the round skips have usually been giving me lower scores since I wipe at 90 mostly.

Not that I've done it myself, but from what I've read everyone say, floor 25 is the place to start to get the highest score you can.

I just started playing this game and I'm glad there is a group on GAF. I've been lost in the sauce with my Rogue. I've got some decent SSS but I'm stuck between trying to get all the party buffs and Ult my allies. I'm pure F2P so I'm doing this slow, but I'd like some thoughts on how valuable it is to gain all the buffs vs getting your allies to Ultimate.

I just started playing this game and I'm glad there is a group on GAF. I've been lost in the sauce with my Rogue. I've got some decent SSS but I'm stuck between trying to get all the party buffs and Ult my allies. I'm pure F2P so I'm doing this slow, but I'd like some thoughts on how valuable it is to gain all the buffs vs getting your allies to Ultimate.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have here since this game is really complicated and it rewards proper resource management and forward planning.

If by party buffs you mean those that give 10 rubies then just make them once and feel free to ignore them after that.

Ventara

PSA

GM: Please do not update your iOS version of the game. It will become unplayable.

Anyways, Livi just updated her blog with the last 3 Awakened allies. Tiel got a major change in her looks. Lost her armor and hammer. Nice hips, though her waist look broken. Conversely Eirden put on more clothes, surprisingly, and did her boobs shrink? lol. Can't wait for them to announce the mage and paladin Dark Souls.

Korea is also getting a pretty major update, with something like a new Raid.

LuuKyK

Wow @ Awakened Tiel.

awakened%2Btiel.jpg

Can you even get awakened allies in the current western version? How do you do it?

arevin01

PSA

Anyways, Livi just updated her blog with the last 3 Awakened allies. Tiel got a major change in her looks. Lost her armor and hammer. Nice hips, though her waist look broken. Conversely Eirden put on more clothes, surprisingly, and did her boobs shrink? lol. Can't wait for them to announce the mage and paladin Dark Souls.

All the ladies are going for that Kim Kardashian look.

LuuKyK

What is the update to avoid again? The version 3.0.3? What to do then? Just download it after the scheduled maint. is finished?

And yeah thats a good deal I guess. I will stay f2p though.

RedZone

Neo Member
What is the update to avoid again? The version 3.0.3? What to do then? Just download it after the scheduled maint. is finished?

And yeah thats a good deal I guess. I will stay f2p though.

theyre fixing the update to avoid so it doesnt matter now

and i usually play everything f2p or sub only, its nice to support the developer when you play the game for so long haha

Whizkid7

PSA

Woah, Awakened Turq is really something. Glad I held onto her.

1100 rubies and 700 shoes eh?
I'm strictly f2p for
But wasn't it more like 4,99? 9,99 is almost the price of a pc mmo subscription...
1/5 of the price of a FULL game, for a subscription of a mobile game seems a tad too much frankly..
oh well

vato_loco

What's a Scarlett?

EDIT: Never mind, saw her. It's a pretty good deal, money-wise. I haven't been following up the game so much lately but if I did, I'd definitely get this.

RedZone

Neo Member
1100 rubies and 700 shoes eh?
I'm strictly f2p for
But wasn't it more like 4,99? 9,99 is almost the price of a pc mmo subscription...
1/5 of the price of a FULL game, for a subscription of a mobile game seems a tad too much frankly..
oh well

other games have it for 4.99 but the korean db it was always about 10$, you get almost 100$ worth of rubies though and a ton of shoes, i bought it just to support haha, was f2p up until now

arevin01

yep u essentially get $100 worth for $10. It's worth it, but the thing is now, would I want to do this every month? haha, its now become a MMO subscription

RedZone

Neo Member
yep u essentially get $100 worth for $10. It's worth it, but the thing is now, would I want to do this every month? haha, its now become a MMO subscription

ya, if it was $5 i would have just bought it till i quit haha, but 10$ isnt terrible either, especially with itunes giftcards constantly at 20% off, you really only pay $8

this weekend I'll upgrade to--> brightspark ult AND blackaria max+3 :p

When I have
Brighspark ult
Blackaria ult
gaela ult

it's worth upgrading stomr bear from max to ult OR should I invest into getting bloodwind or getting the stuff ready for margr (already have my enchanter, but it's only max, not ult)

opinion?

RedZone

Neo Member
this weekend I'll upgrade to--> brightspark ult AND blackaria max+3 :p

When I have
Brighspark ult
Blackaria ult
gaela ult

it's worth upgrading stomr bear from max to ult OR should I invest into getting bloodwind or getting the stuff ready for margr (already have my enchanter, but it's only max, not ult)

opinion?

if you cant clear past 80 in lab do storm bear first, if you have 30 essence ready for boden summoner id get the incanter ready, otherwise just max out bloodwind if youre close to a new tier in golem/hydra

Yeah - GB has been painful ever since they released hawk and SB. This will be much nicer. And much faster since no need to find someone to play at the same time.

Ventara

Wow, big changes. They announced it in English, too, now, in case anyone didn't know.

It will be interesting to see how GB will change. I'm thinking maybe mage/priest/warrior/second mage. Will have to look at Korea to see what the meta is.

Weekly battle missions are nice, especially the rewards. We lost the rubies we get for doing 10 WB/GB runs, but it's still a plus overall.

Grinding for CDR is gonna be a pain. Gonna have to save a bunch of Deus Rag tickets and Arena coins.

Glad we finally got the new WB. So we gotta keep the Varmans alive longer to get a high score. I like that each WB has its own way to get a high score. Plus, more Ruby rewards!

No new Bodens. Boohoo. I'll need to use up some of those S allies I've been saving up. And I guess I'll make Magritte before Howl, since we can't bring allies to GB and CDR was added.

Miragith

Sort of saw this coming for CDR. I saved a lot of arena coins and essences.
I was hoping the 2nd wave of Bodens were in the patch. I'm up to 87/90 allies. Had over 6K rubies saved up for 1+1 and ended up with over 20 SSS for fodder.

Beck

Sort of saw this coming for CDR. I saved a lot of arena coins and essences.
I was hoping the 2nd wave of Bodens were in the patch. I'm up to 87/90 allies. Had over 6K rubies saved up for 1+1 and ended up with over 20 SSS for fodder.

You and me both. I'm sitting at 84 with 34 summons in my mailbox. I may as well ready all the allies I plan to awaken one day.

Why do you guys even keep them as SSS fodder ?

We know which classes are coming so just store them as SSS+ult and only keep SSS needed to Ult them.

Ventara

I am so close to buying Scarlet, convince me not to someone please. D:

Eh, I guess I can try.

- 1100 rubies is roughly the equivalent of what you can make for FREE in 2 weeks
- the rubies you get would only be enough for 1 free SSS (2 during the 1+1 event) unless you're lucky
- conversely, that's about 40 essences, which hardly makes a dent compared to the hundreds you'd need
- you'd have to log in every day to get said rubies; missing a day means lost rubies that you PAID for
- with that $10, you could buy another game and still play this game. I mean the subscription adds up. You could buy physical copies of fantastic games for your systems for as little as $20

LuuKyK

I think she's absolutely worth it if you play a lot.

Oh, wait...sorry...

~_~

Eh, I guess I can try.

- 1100 rubies is roughly the equivalent of what you can make for FREE in 2 weeks
- the rubies you get would only be enough for 1 free SSS (2 during the 1+1 event) unless you're lucky
- conversely, that's about 40 essences, which hardly makes a dent compared to the hundreds you'd need
- you'd have to log in every day to get said rubies; missing a day means lost rubies that you PAID for
- with that $10, you could buy another game and still play this game. I mean the subscription adds up. You could buy physical copies of fantastic games for your systems for as little as $20

Thank you. You made me change my mind.

Beck

Eh, I guess I can try.

How high are you in a lot of the activities because I only make roughly 1300 rubies a month (5% lab, 10% arena, 20-30% WB, 40% GB - used to be 20% :'( ). Edit: The new Weekly Battle Missions will certain add a bunch more, though (140 rubies per week to be exact).

Anyways yea, it depends how much you play the game. I personally don't mind throwing Gamevil $10 a month as I've really enjoyed the game and I hope my small contribution helps them continue supporting it, but that's more of a personal choice. Scarlet can get pricey if you're someone who plans far ahead.

Top Bottom