• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Whizkid7

Vent, taunt warriors are old meta, atk pallys are new metas, my pally is a killing machine now. Th idea now is get as much burst as possible.

jlgwxAj.png

I dunno, I got mostly wins last night with my taunt warrior. Though the fights really drag on in that setup.

Ventara

Vent, taunt warriors are old meta, atk pallys are new metas, my pally is a killing machine now. Th idea now is get as much burst as possible.

jlgwxAj.png

You said you reset your skills for Pally to have 12/12 defense, right? Yeah, I think it's worth trying. I've lost a few times to 2 paladins with really high defense who just wore me out increasing their skill damage as time went on. But I think a taunt warrior would be better than an archer, or maybe a second priest.

Anyways, I'll give that setup a try. Did you want me to switch to attack stance as well? Or stay in defense stance?

arevin01

You said you reset your skills for Pally to have 12/12 defense, right? Yeah, I think it's worth trying. I've lost a few times to 2 paladins with really high defense who just wore me out increasing their skill damage as time went on. But I think a taunt warrior would be better than an archer, or maybe a second priest.

Anyways, I'll give that setup a try. Did you want me to switch to attack stance as well? Or stay in defense stance?

lol, I wud replace irie for a warrior if there was a good one, but yeah leave your def pally, many depend on him, 2 atk pally+2 mag priest only works if everybody is supergeared with all P2W acc or the arena earrings.

The only losses wud be to top guilds like Crimson, Unleashed, Immortals, etc.

yamo

Thanks! yeah I registered my guidance priest Nekoden for Guild Battle, it seems that there's some serious GBers in here :) so far I only got guild weapons, luckily I chose a new hero everytime so everything's new, hope it'll change for the next week though( because yes, that reward is random - weapon/armor/cape - and its stats are really bad compared with the ones in shop and arena shop( it's irrevelant I know, but still :p ).

Yeah I used Nekoden in my team, helped me a lot! :)

Greysoul is definitively a problem, I use the AOE's formation - protection of Heavens - to run Lab, because right after GS comes Ravengale (floor 97), and usually it's a full OS from here if her summons don't get obliterated right at the start. :/
If Busters weren't coming so soon, I'd make Tracy for the 18% attack speed buff party she gets with Margaret, maybe once done with Judge Shadow Howl and Kymael though( which should take 5 or 6 weeks for the Ultimate state)... too bad we didn't get SSS allies this month as 5 days reward but 500k gold instead.

One good trick is to summon big dps ally just a moment before Greysoul level since it's quite easy to one shot him.

I use DBS for that

I probably lack the damage to take out Greysoul and team fast enough. Probably need to work a bit on my team gear.

Rize_21

Yesterday night was crazy in arena! surely because of the +30% bonus we got or it's always like that?
Reached for the first time top 1%! I switched to Magnify build, the matches against Ultimate teams were great, well mostly, met Hawk with SSS arena/normal gems and that guy... he should just have a game made for him as main character, his design is amazing, but that OPness, crazy stuff, good luck to target him manually, he moves too quickly to be selected lol.

Pejo

Man I'm starting to feel EXACTLY like I did back before I could get a SSS healer to Deify Blackaria, with Falcon and Paladin. Out of the probably 100+ SSS's I've gotten, I have never got a paladin ally, meanwhile Falcon is driving up people's scores in nearly all modes and i'm just sitting here trying to scrape by top 20%. This is the kind of stuff that drives me nuts about this game.

Rize_21

Man I'm starting to feel EXACTLY like I did back before I could get a SSS healer to Deify Blackaria, with Falcon and Paladin. Out of the probably 100+ SSS's I've gotten, I have never got a paladin ally, meanwhile Falcon is driving up people's scores in nearly all modes and i'm just sitting here trying to scrape by top 20%. This is the kind of stuff that drives me nuts about this game.

Wish we could do some tradings in some way, I have 3 others Knight Tiel that I got by doing classic combinations, and I just want Shabelle, but no luck so far.
Before Falcon, it was Knight Ari that used to be in his spot.

yamo

Sucks that you got no paladins so far Pejo. :(

I've got all hero allies ready for awakening except Tinuvian, Karang, Lucienne and Gram. Really bothers me as both Tinuvian and Karang are supposed to be some of the best awakened allies there is. Hopefully I can get them before their awakened versions go live or I will die from OCD.

arevin01

I dunno, I got mostly wins last night with my taunt warrior. Though the fights really drag on in that setup.

Taunt warriors will give you 5 min battles that's for sure, my battles now end in 2 mins or less. Vent+me would outlive a 2v4 situation by ourselves many times, even against a 2 pally+rogue+war setup.

I used my ultimate WB killer Belle Snow and ended on Golem with 53 Milions - somewhere around 1,1% on EU :(

Koreans got some hero select tickets so we won't be completly out of luck.

Takuan

Easily the first thing you guys can do to start increasing your Hydra and Golem score is make a priest and do a magnify build.
I followed your advice, went 0/11/0, 11/11/12/0. Haven't geared her properly yet so I still scored higher with my rogue, but she looks promising. I use DBS as my helper, will try DBA for Hydra. The stats on her weapon/off-hand are kind of bad, but does that even matter for my purposes? I figure survival is the key to a priest so her offense isn't important, but I can't say for sure.

So last night I left auto-raid on and enabled Komodo's "Salvage SS" feature... blew through 1000 tickets. In hindsight, I should've done it on Rag because I've been reading about people gearing Falcon with 4x Rag / 2x U for the AS bonus and rocking 2x CDR. I've currently got him geared with 2x Dark / 4x U with 1x AS, 1x CDR (wasn't lucky with applying magic on his weapon). At least I have Deus tix for days now. Maybe I'll get some U equipment with Str on 'em, seems rarest for me - my RNG angel prefers Int and Dex for whatever reason.

I'm debating whether I should Ult Falcon, DBS, or go for another Deity. I run everything with the same squad: Gaela, Bear, Falcon, and DBA. DBS has essentially been warming the bench since Falcon came into the mix. I've got a DDC I'm slowly working on maxing/ulting in preparation for Warrior Buster, but there's probably more than enough time to get there while prioritizing my "main" guys.

I've got a vanilla Incanter, Archer, and Rogue who are maxed, as well. People seem just as keen on Marg as they are Falcon, so I guess that's an option too. Any thoughts?

ecPixel

Neo Member
I think I'm done w/ DB. Been good fun 11 months, but too much grinding... e.g. at least 8 hours a day on weekdays, and more on weekends.

Are DB accounts worth any money? Can I sell it or just delete it from my device?

I think I'm done w/ DB. Been good fun 11 months, but too much grinding... e.g. at least 8 hours a day on weekdays, and more on weekends.

Are DB accounts worth any money? Can I sell it or just delete it from my device?

I saw someone selling accounts on reddit for 200-250$ not sure if he sold them.

arevin01

This is why they created the auto feature. Play and forget it.

KimChi

I followed your advice, went 0/11/0, 11/11/12/0. Haven't geared her properly yet so I still scored higher with my rogue, but she looks promising. I use DBS as my helper, will try DBA for Hydra. The stats on her weapon/off-hand are kind of bad, but does that even matter for my purposes? I figure survival is the key to a priest so her offense isn't important, but I can't say for sure.

So last night I left auto-raid on and enabled Komodo's "Salvage SS" feature... blew through 1000 tickets. In hindsight, I should've done it on Rag because I've been reading about people gearing Falcon with 4x Rag / 2x U for the AS bonus and rocking 2x CDR. I've currently got him geared with 2x Dark / 4x U with 1x AS, 1x CDR (wasn't lucky with applying magic on his weapon). At least I have Deus tix for days now. Maybe I'll get some U equipment with Str on 'em, seems rarest for me - my RNG angel prefers Int and Dex for whatever reason.

I'm debating whether I should Ult Falcon, DBS, or go for another Deity. I run everything with the same squad: Gaela, Bear, Falcon, and DBA. DBS has essentially been warming the bench since Falcon came into the mix. I've got a DDC I'm slowly working on maxing/ulting in preparation for Warrior Buster, but there's probably more than enough time to get there while prioritizing my "main" guys.

I've got a vanilla Incanter, Archer, and Rogue who are maxed, as well. People seem just as keen on Marg as they are Falcon, so I guess that's an option too. Any thoughts?
Well the priest does attack by healing so i'd say its worth trying to gear her properly.
The stats for priest weapon is definitely important along with having 2x cdr. Crit heals are a thing and they can be pretty helpful. If you cant get good stats on her weapons its better to at least have 2x cdr then nothing.

Magnify Priest gets even crazier for WB if you can manage to gear her with 2x cdr and a ravengale with 2x cdr, nearly 100% uptime of magnify throughout the fight in WB (only golem and hydra). You should take bear out of your WB party and swap in a dps unit so DBS. You really dont need bear in WB to tank anything especially since you got falcon.

If you want to continue working on improving your WB score right now get either ravengale or Llywelyn. If you manage to get 2x cdr weapon you could slap on ravengale then get her first, if not go with Llywelyn. I can't really say anything about Marg, I barely made her last weekend and low on essences to even hope of enhancing her haha. At the least she seems pretty good for arena.

Whizkid7

Marg is a bit of a random element - she can be amazing or just so-so for WB. Mine's only MAX+2 but still a significant boost to my WB scores. That said, if you want something a bit more consistent, Ravengale's probably the better choice between them.

Inbachi

Neo Member
Yesterday night was crazy in arena! surely because of the +30% bonus we got or it's always like that?
Reached for the first time top 1%! I switched to Magnify build, the matches against Ultimate teams were great, well mostly, met Hawk with SSS arena/normal gems and that guy... he should just have a game made for him as main character, his design is amazing, but that OPness, crazy stuff, good luck to target him manually, he moves too quickly to be selected lol.

You can just tap the character portraits up top to select/target a character.

For golem with Belle as helper, her lows gives me 50 million while her high gives me 75 million, good for top 1%.

if i don't have her as helper?
available deity//ult

storm bear (max)
draco bloodwind (max)
shabelle (max)
mercedes (max)
tinuvian (max)
draco blackaria (ult)
draco brightspark (ult)
septem gaela (ult)

all my chars (priest, mage, etc) have 4u+2 (no cdr though)..
what's the best config for golem and what for hydra?
usually i run golem with
offensive paladin, storm bear, dba, dbs, gaela and helper dbw

usually i run hydra with
offensive paladin, storm bear, dbs, gaela, dbw, helper dba

I need to improve my score in both and have 4 sss fodder and i have both a paldin AND incanter..
get max margr or max falcon?

Takuan

Well the priest does attack by healing so i'd say its worth trying to gear her properly.
The stats for priest weapon is definitely important along with having 2x cdr. Crit heals are a thing and they can be pretty helpful. If you cant get good stats on her weapons its better to at least have 2x cdr then nothing.

Magnify Priest gets even crazier for WB if you can manage to gear her with 2x cdr and a ravengale with 2x cdr, nearly 100% uptime of magnify throughout the fight in WB (only golem and hydra). You should take bear out of your WB party and swap in a dps unit so DBS. You really dont need bear in WB to tank anything especially since you got falcon.

If you want to continue working on improving your WB score right now get either ravengale or Llywelyn. If you manage to get 2x cdr weapon you could slap on ravengale then get her first, if not go with Llywelyn. I can't really say anything about Marg, I barely made her last weekend and low on essences to even hope of enhancing her haha. At the least she seems pretty good for arena.

Noted, thanks for the tips. I tried Hydra with magni-priest earlier this morning, swapped out DBA for DBS - Bear is still better DPS than any other unit I own - and broke my previous record by 50%. I'm curious to see how much better I'll perform with proper gear and Ult DBS, but it seems sensible to pursue Llewellyn now as she'd probably be more impactful. I'll save my rubies for the next 1+1 event and try to get as many SSS as possible for fodder.

Edit: Anyone know if converting essences is going to be a thing? Dark Essences are such a pain to farm and I'd rather save the rubies for 1+1. Ancient seems to drop far more often, which is weird to me since the Bodens are the latest hotness.

KimChi

Noted, thanks for the tips. I tried Hydra with magni-priest earlier this morning, swapped out DBA for DBS - Bear is still better DPS than any other unit I own - and broke my previous record by 50%. I'm curious to see how much better I'll perform with proper gear and Ult DBS, but it seems sensible to pursue Llewellyn now as she'd probably be more impactful. I'll save my rubies for the next 1+1 event and try to get as many SSS as possible for fodder.

Edit: Anyone know if converting essences is going to be a thing? Dark Essences are such a pain to farm and I'd rather save the rubies for 1+1. Ancient seems to drop far more often, which is weird to me since the Bodens are the latest hotness.

Ah I see, if bear is providing good damage for now then alright.
Converting essence as in make a light essence into a dark essence kind of thing?
If so nope, however when awakened come out eventually the light, dark, and boden essence will be unified into 1 type of essence apparently to make room for the awaken essence, dunno if that is immediately when awaken come out or not though.

arevin01

available deity//ult

storm bear (max)
draco bloodwind (max)
shabelle (max)
mercedes (max)
tinuvian (max)
draco blackaria (ult)
draco brightspark (ult)
septem gaela (ult)

usually i run golem with

usually i run hydra with

I need to improve my score in both and have 4 sss fodder and i have both a paldin AND incanter..

CDR makes a huge diff, as does falcon and ravengale, max falcon for WB. Your team isnt too optimized for WB.

Golem: Priest, Falcon, DBW, DBS,Gaela, helper =? wouldnt make much diff, if using pally, throw in DBA in main team

Hydra: Max falcon to replace SB or gaela

You wont be getting top 5% with this team dont think, Falcon+Ravengale is your missing combo, then you need both CDR on mag priest, 1 at least on Raven, and 1 at least on Falcon, so you got lots to do! rofl No tot mention you cud start investing in another DPS like Llwelyn.

Takuan

Ah I see, if bear is providing good damage for now then alright.
Converting essence as in make a light essence into a dark essence kind of thing?
If so nope, however when awakened come out eventually the light, dark, and boden essence will be unified into 1 type of essence apparently to make room for the awaken essence, dunno if that is immediately when awaken come out or not though.
Gotcha. I assume we're a little while away from that, and I'm ready to make Llewellyn this weekend. Might as well YOLO, rubies really aren't hard to come by anymore, especially with steady performance gains in all modes.

CDR makes a huge diff, as does falcon and ravengale, max falcon for WB. Your team isnt too optimized for WB.

Golem: Priest, Falcon, DBW, DBS,Gaela, helper =? wouldnt make much diff, if using pally, throw in DBA in main team

Hydra: Max falcon to replace SB or gaela

You wont be getting top 5% with this team dont think, Falcon+Ravengale is your missing combo, then you need both CDR on mag priest, 1 at least on Raven, and 1 at least on Falcon, so you got lots to do! rofl No tot mention you cud start investing in another DPS like Llwelyn.
so ravengale and not marg with my incanter?
because i've got only one incanter and i'd prefer to make it count.
cdr gear is not a HUGE issue..
I'm sitting on 300ishx3 (300 on each of my raid-only chars, plus some 40-50 odds on the paladin when i sorted all the stuff yesterday) deus ragn ticket and well over 300 deus ragn essence.. so fetching cdr gear is not a problem..
the problem is that i cannot get all those sss..
oh well might as well run full day stuff tomorrow and hope to make a few sss...
i've got a crapload of ss (60 now.. plus 14 in postage.....) so i might be able to pull it off..
we'll see..

arevin01

so ravengale and not marg with my incanter?
because i've got only one incanter and i'd prefer to make it count.
cdr gear is not a HUGE issue..
I'm sitting on 300ishx3 (300 on each of my raid-only chars, plus some 40-50 odds on the paladin when i sorted all the stuff yesterday) deus ragn ticket and well over 300 deus ragn essence.. so fetching cdr gear is not a problem..
the problem is that i cannot get all those sss..
oh well might as well run full day stuff tomorrow and hope to make a few sss...
i've got a crapload of ss (60 now.. plus 14 in postage.....) so i might be able to pull it off..
we'll see..

youre a long way off, making marg or raven wud be both beneficial

Inbachi

Neo Member
All that new stuff about chapter 4 that livi posted sounds pretty cool. I hope global lasts long enough to see it!

The amount of resources needed to Ult your Busters/DS's though is..... O_O

Ventara

All that new stuff about chapter 4 that livi posted sounds pretty cool. I hope global lasts long enough to see it!

The amount of resources needed to Ult your Busters/DS's though is..... O_O

I'm confident it will. Player count has been pretty steady these past few months.

And yeah, and an Ult Buster is gonna be costly. It'll cost 570 essences to make one (and that's not counting how many you need to get 3 Ult deities). Assuming one buys them during the 10+2 sale, that's gonna be roughly 13,000 rubies, which would take 4-5 months to save as a f2p player.

Speaking of, an Ultimate Sasha can summon 2 other Dark Souls?!!! That's crazy. Will definitely be saving up for her.

arevin01

Eng GranBlue is almost here so DB will likely be only be played casually by me. There really isn't anything left to do in DB other than farm shoes and tix lol.

peeps magnify priest build ONLY for hydra//golem? :p
halp

0/11/0

and in passives x/x/12/0

available deity//ult

storm bear (max)
draco bloodwind (max)
shabelle (max)
mercedes (max)
tinuvian (max)
draco blackaria (ult)
draco brightspark (ult)
septem gaela (ult)

usually i run golem with

usually i run hydra with

Try getting Priest with 2x CDR first - it might be enough to hit 5% on all 3 WBs.

Altrough Falcon is mandatory ally anyway so make him asap.

ok.. i'll do the b alternative tomorrow..
i'll play db all day log and make 7 sss (2 i need to finish ult yvant and get ravengale or marg.. the remaining 5 to ult kymael and get falcom)..
believe!

Ventara

Cross, why'd you leave the Guild? Even if you're playing casually, it's not like our Guild has a GB minimum ( a lot of people don't GB at all). Plus, your paladin is the best, so it'll be sorely missed.

arevin01

JpHJPPR.png

Finally beat Lab 110. The secret? 2x CDR on both marg and falcon, and SB, then its really rare to wipe.

Vent, Im going solo for a bit, its better this way for me as I can concentrate on other things. Tell any of the other good pallys to reset passive skills to 12/12/x/x if they cud.

Great score have you started from floor 25 ?

Hmm I think I'm not gonna buy Scarlet Tia again - it was nice push but it's still a lot of cash (I can get full vita/pc game on sale for 10 euros ) and the game is dropping tons of rubies anyway

I'm getting 85+115+85 from WB, then another 100 from Arena, 120 from Lab, 60+ in WB and 140 from Battle missions weekly so it feels like it doesn't add that much.

wapplew

JpHJPPR.png

Finally beat Lab 110. The secret? 2x CDR on both marg and falcon, and SB, then its really rare to wipe.

Vent, Im going solo for a bit, its better this way for me as I can concentrate on other things. Tell any of the other good pallys to reset passive skills to 12/12/x/x if they cud.

What kind of gear? 80 U?

arevin01

Lab 25, once you clear floor 75, look at your score, if its around 2.7mil, then you will end up with a high score, if its around 2.5mil, then better to start over. 4U+2 dark

Salamande

Looking at the new Chapter 4 stuff, I like that they changed around or removed stuff in the Awakened characters that wasn't really working, like the Archer's charge function and the Mage's flame seal. It looks like they're really trying to player characters seem as powerful as their allies for a change (and some of those ultimate skills are super killer).

Takuan

I was going to make Llewellyn, but looking at the units you guys use for your nice lab scores, I'm wondering if I should just ult DDC or DBS. I will eventually ult both, but in the short term I can only do one.

If I opt for Llewellyn, it'd take some time to get her to max (not tonight, at least). An ult DDC/DBS may prove more useful immediately.

I'd say ult the ones you have first - only exception to this would be Falcon since he is crazy right now.

Farming U gear is expensive - I've burned 2kk gold yesterday just to swap some pieces.

Someone posted on reddit how to get >300 Milions on shariet, >600 hydra and close to 100M golem score

https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonblaz..._shariet_golem_hydra_some_videos_of_how_i_do/

https://www.twitch.tv/soulgaintm/v/59548658 - Shariet 322 Mil - @ 1:02:20 - My best result right here. (Pay attention to when I summon Belle)

https://www.twitch.tv/soulgaintm/v/59148944 - Hydra 609 Mil @ 48 minutes - RNGsus returns!

https://www.twitch.tv/soulgaintm/v/58779596:

Golem 96 Mil @ 35:50 minutes run - First composition

Golem 98 Mil @ 52:10 minutes run - Second composition (consists of Magritte)

My Golem comp isn't the best thing in the world, but I have only 1 Archer. Works just fine I guess :)

I'd say ult the ones you have first - only exception to this would be Falcon since he is crazy right now.

Farming U gear is expensive - I've burned 2kk gold yesterday just to swap some pieces.

Someone posted on reddit how to get >300 Milions on shariet, >600 hydra and close to 100M golem score

https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonblaz..._shariet_golem_hydra_some_videos_of_how_i_do/

would be interesting, BUT i want a guide, a summary... not watching a 1 hour twitch stream :)

Rize_21

Do you feed SS allies to deities?
I made Kymael the Just yesterday, and am pretty reluctant to process like I did for Bodens when it comes to fodders, usually I do 1x S 2xA then B until it procs.
I wonder if there are better methods than the one I use? really need to lose as few as possible dark essences, those things are the most precious thing in the whole game, really!

now step 2/3 for paladin buster is almost done, Howl will the easiest unit to obtain so I'd rather keep him as the cherry on the cake :D, I farmed like a madman Ancient Grave 7 and am back to over 100 ancient essences, last week I got 8 of those for 80 rubies!(= 200 shoes)
Going to miss that easter event tho, so many tickets obtained, great gems(well sometimes) and allies used to fodder, when is coming the next one ?

arevin01

Do you feed SS allies to deities?
I made Kymael the Just yesterday, and am pretty reluctant to process like I did for Bodens when it comes to fodders, usually I do 1x S 2xA then B until it procs.
I wonder if there are better methods than the one I use? really need to lose as few as possible dark essences, those things are the most precious thing in the whole game, really!

now step 2/3 for paladin buster is almost done, Howl will the easiest unit to obtain so I'd rather keep him as the cherry on the cake :D, I farmed like a madman Ancient Grave 7 and am back to over 100 ancient essences, last week I got 8 of those for 80 rubies!(= 200 shoes)
Going to miss that easter event tho, so many tickets obtained, great gems(well sometimes) and allies used to fodder, when is coming the next one ?

You can feed SS if youre sitting on a bunch. Use only S or higher to feed dietys, essences are a premium and hard to come by.

I've made an experiment and farmed 4 armor pieces of Disgael set and put them on Priest.

I've gained something like 30k hp more but only at the cost of losing 1/3 of attack also defence was lower than in 6U.

I've tried it on hydra but 6U gave me bigger score

Also it took ages to finish each raid and I've burned tons of scrolls.

Takuan

Following advice of guildies and non-guildies alike, I've drastically increased my hydra and golem scores - but that was expected. What I didn't expect was new lab records without a healer in my main party! I just broke 4 million, where my previous record was ~3.4.

I know it's peanuts in comparison to a lot of you here, but for me it's pretty meaningful.

Top Bottom