• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Ventara

Guys, for a mage, what should I spend my skill points on other than the aoe attack? Should I level the single target one? The fire seal one?

Pejo

All this talk about saving rubies. I pull every time I get 55+.
I burn through upgrade fodder to fast to wait on that crap.

Waiting on this new GM event to kick in before fusing my 5th SSS. I need them free rubies!

I get what you're saying with pulling as you need it, but my situation is this:

I'm not high enough level (39) with good enough units to be competitive at the top, but my units are decent and I can get top 10% in arena no problem. I still am only about halfway through Hero difficulty, so I've got plenty of content to last me, I'm not grinding endgame yet. So If I hold on to those rubies and hold out for Season 2, I get a shot at all the new (some better) SSS's with guaranteed good pulls after so many used.

It's really a test of willpower to be looking at (now 1000) rubies and having the same team setup for like the past week, but I think I can do it, only for the feeling of rolling around in lovely SSS's when Season 2 hits the US. Also, I don't think it'll be 6 months until we get that content. Localization will take time, but I have a feeling the devs want to strike while the iron's hot and keep the whales they've got now.

JigsawX

I get what you're saying with pulling as you need it, but my situation is this:

I'm not high enough level (39) with good enough units to be competitive at the top, but my units are decent and I can get top 10% in arena no problem. I still am only about halfway through Hero difficulty, so I've got plenty of content to last me, I'm not grinding endgame yet. So If I hold on to those rubies and hold out for Season 2, I get a shot at all the new (some better) SSS's with guaranteed good pulls after so many used.

It's really a test of willpower to be looking at (now 1000) rubies and having the same team setup for like the past week, but I think I can do it, only for the feeling of rolling around in lovely SSS's when Season 2 hits the US. Also, I don't think it'll be 6 months until we get that content. Localization will take time, but I have a feeling the devs want to strike while the iron's hot and keep the whales they've got now.

I could be wrong but i'm bet prob 3 month gap

Ventara

Man, I've been disconnected so many times this morning. At least half the time spent with the game was trying to reconnect. If I end up quitting the game, it'll be because of this, since I rather enjoy the gameplay.

This game makes me so fucking angry. Combined for another SSS and got a double dupe. I have three mage Pari's now.

That is some terrible luck.

Shouta

I caved and used my 300 gems to summon last night and got mostly As except like one or two S units. Oof these rates, lol. I guess it's a good thing they give Rubies out like candy.

I should have enough fodder to get a second a third SS though and I'll make some of the rubies back by mastering the units I summoned.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Man, I've been disconnected so many times this morning. At least half the time spent with the game was trying to reconnect. If I end up quitting the game, it'll be because of this, since I rather enjoy the gameplay.

I have heard of this happening to a select few people. Not sure what causes it. I wonder if it is a location problem.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I caved and used my 300 gems to summon last night and got mostly As except like one or two S units. Oof these rates, lol. I guess it's a good thing they give Rubies out like candy.

I should have enough fodder to get a second a third SS though and I'll make some of the rubies back by mastering the units I summoned.

That is pretty good for 300 gems. Nobody should ever expect to draw an SS or SSS. Those have to be grinded for.

I think people like to compare this to catcha games where you can draw top tier units a lot easier.

Cross your fingers for that Black Snow SS combine! I am hoping to add her to my core team (she will replace an SSS easily)

JigsawX

That is pretty good for 300 gems. Nobody should ever expect to draw an SS or SSS. Those have to be grinded for.

I think people like to compare this to catcha games where you can draw top tier units a lot easier.

Cross your fingers for that Black Snow SS combine! I am hoping to add her to my core team (she will replace an SSS easily)

Would you keep a Dark Pitch +7/8 or would you rebirth it?

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
my RNG for this game is bad. my first SS is a healer that is considered the worst tier because single target heal :(

Miragith

I got Black Snow last night and I'd definitely like to put her in my party.

My party make-up:
Patta/Tyran
Porin
Toori
Caberra

I like the aoe disable/sheep from Toori and Caberra. Not sure which I would replace for Black Snow.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I got Black Snow last night and I'd definitely like to put her in my party.

My party make-up:
Patta/Tyran
Porin
Toori
Caberra

I like the aoe disable/sheep from Toori and Caberra. Not sure which I would replace for Black Snow.

I have both toori and Caberra. I think toori is the weaker unit since she lacks aoe damage abilities. Plus sheep is better than disable since it stops auto attacks and lowers defense.
Another thing to consider is a mage can get STA in the offhand, where a rogue cannot. This makes mages a bit better at being tank imo.

Would you keep a Dark Pitch +7/8 or would you rebirth it?

That depends on the rest of your team.

JigsawX

I have both toori and Caberra. I think toori is the weaker unit since she lacks aoe damage abilities. Plus sheep is better than disable since it stops auto attacks and lowers defense.

That depends on the rest of your team.

DeathCrown Max
Porin Max
Dark Lance Max (need new tank!)
Dark Pitch +7

I'm thinking I can pray for a good rebirth but if not than just sub in Percy/ Mer and use my remaining A's to make one of them +4/5 at least? Would that be a decent choice?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
DeathCrown Max
Porin Max
Dark Lance Max (need new tank!)
Dark Pitch +7

I'm thinking I can pray for a good rebirth but if not than just sub in Percy/ Mer and use my remaining A's to make one of them +4/5 at least? Would that be a decent choice?

Rebirth and sub in percy.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Rebirthing...and it turns into Dark Mage Pearla. I'm guessing use Percy over her since my main is a Mage?

Pearla is better. She has AOE attacks and buffs your entire party's attack.

Don't get too hung up on too many of a single type of DPS. All DPS should be compared against all other DPS regardless of class.

JigsawX

Pearla is better. She has AOE attacks and buffs your entire party's attack.

Don't get too hung up on too many of a single type of DPS. All DPS should be compared against all other DPS regardless of class.

Hmm okay, man gearing up 3 casters is gonna be rough

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Thanks I added you. Yea idk if dps or heals will help more, so I'll try anything :)

More than likely heals.

Run double healer on core team + healer helper.
Unlock all 3 item slots and pump them with res scrolls.
Don't use healer ally until boss fight.

I find for the final stages heal's are generally better for the most part

The problem is just that without enough dps the ally's time will run out before I kill the boss. The problem I always have with the stage right before Gram is that initial volley of magic and arrow that comes out with each wave kills me before I have a chance to do anything. And on the boss round of that level it's even worse because if you don't kill the boss fast enough they'll respawn 2 or even 3 times. So it seems pretty important to make short work of the boss so you don't have to deal with the adds too many times, and with a healer after she despawns it's going to be game over.

But for Gram I can see a healer being better.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
The problem is just that without enough dps the ally's time will run out before I kill the boss. The problem I always have with the stage right before Gram is that initial volley of magic and arrow that comes out with each wave kills me before I have a chance to do anything. And on the boss round of that level it's even worse because if you don't kill the boss fast enough they'll respawn 2 or even 3 times. So it seems pretty important to make short work of the boss so you don't have to deal with the adds too many times, and with a healer after she despawns it's going to be game over.

But for Gram I can see a healer being better.

Use scrolls to get to boss.
use healer ally to get you through the 3 waves of adds (no more spawn after this)
Use scrolls to survive the rest of the boss. (They will be off CD by now)

Later in the game there is no such thing as "Make short work of the boss". The hard part about boss fights is surviving the 3 waves of adds. This is why tanky gear (STA, ADD HP, EVA, DEF) is so much more valuable than damage gear (main stat) for both allies and your main.

Shouta

The S version is kinda nice though. It has two team buffs and with my Mage Veril who has enemy debuffs, I'm getting some mileage already, lol

Zunja

I've been enjoying it. Got the priest as my lead, Abyss Curse, Priest Ranran, Dark Marble Snell, and Ranger Minnie.

The priest just buffs like crazy while Ranran aoe heals. It's been working real good so far. I'm hoping the game keeps me interested because the battles are fun to look at especially with Snell.

Also just drew an SS Fairy Sickle from hitting level 12. Can you take equipment off people or should I wait until I get an SS to put it on?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Roughly speaking, how much better are SSS compared to SS? For example, if I have a maxed SS and an SSS at +0, is the SSS still better than the SS? Or do I have to bump the SSS up a few levels? It's just so expensive to raise up an SSS.

Einbroch

Banned
Roughly speaking, how much better are SSS compared to SS? For example, if I have a maxed SS and an SSS at +0, is the SSS still better than the SS? Or do I have to bump the SSS up a few levels? It's just so expensive to raise up an SSS.

It really depends on the character and their skills. Some skills that SSS units get make them way better. If the skills are about the same, or have the same use between an SS and SSS, SS~3+ is better than a SSS+0, from what I've experienced.

Don't combine away a good SS for the potential for a good SSS. You might get a shit SSS and set yourself back days if not weeks.

commish

It really depends on the character and their skills. Some skills that SSS units get make them way better. If the skills are about the same, or have the same use between an SS and SSS, SS~3+ is better than a SSS+0, from what I've experienced.

Don't combine away a good SS for the potential for a good SSS. You might get a shit SSS and set yourself back days if not weeks.

Yeah, I'm trying to hold on to my good SS, e.g., my healers, Ger and my DPS warrior. But the allure of getting SSS is strong :)

Yeah, I'm trying to hold on to my good SS, e.g., my healers, Ger and my DPS warrior. But the allure of getting SSS is strong :)

Aside from the AoE stun, what's so good about Ger? I have him too and his damage seems like absolute garbage. And even though he's supposed to be a tank, he doesn't have an AoE taunt, so there's no point gearing him as a tank because he's can't redirect damage to himself.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Aside from the AoE stun, what's so good about Ger? I have him too and his damage seems like absolute garbage. And even though he's supposed to be a tank, he doesn't have an AoE taunt, so there's no point gearing him as a tank because he's can't redirect damage to himself.

Tanks still function as tanks without taunt. If you notice, your defensive stats like DEF and HP dictate where you characters stand in the group. Those in the front (the tankiest) have a higher likelihood of getting attacked than those in the back. Being geared as a tank inherently redirects damage to the tank.

I ran into this problem when I uber geared my AOE healers for STA, HP, and DEF and it brought them to 2nd and 3rd position. They got killed a lot more even though they were tankier. There is some strategy to gearing in order to place your characters appropriately.

commish

Simply my best tank. I have Ger and Captain Tirud as my SS tanks, and Ger is better than Tirud.

Cybolt

Tanks still function as tanks without taunt. If you notice, your defensive stats like DEF and HP dictate where you characters stand in the group. Those in the front (the tankiest) have a higher likelihood of getting attacked than those in the back. Being geared as a tank inherently redirects damage to the tank.

I ran into this problem when I uber geared my AOE healers for STA, HP, and DEF and it brought them to 2nd and 3rd position. They got killed a lot more even though they were tankier. There is some strategy to gearing in order to place your characters appropriately.

Huh, I don't think I ever noticed that before. I have heard that you shouldn't overload on DEF as a priest but only just now understood why.

That's very interesting, thanks.

Shouta

Storm Tyrant on Hero seems as easy as ever, lol. Definitely gonna get some gear from there to get my units up to date.

Is there a "right" and "wrong" way to max rapport? Usually I just throw two guys into my party along with my strongest other guys and go to Deserted Tower 9 (Hero). But sometimes they die instantly and don't have enough time to even kill anything.

And I'm not sure if it's strictly tied to exp earned (making something like Deserted Tower the best) or some other factor.

Top Bottom