• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Ventara

I wonder how the GB/Arena landscape will change when we're essentially dealing with SSS's available to everyone.

I mean, its not really luck dependant, getting one of these Angels (Or whatever they are).
I do wonder which ones would make the best combo. I'm personally going for the Priest first. But that Archer sounds insane.

With that said I got so much S's that I could instantly make 2 Ultimate SSS. But I don't want to be inefficient.

All these ULT Gram, Mercedes and Belle are nice and all. but I think many of these people have used a lot of resources to get there, and probably don't have much left to go for the next one. I wouldn't want to get rid of those characters either.

I expect it'll come down to equipment and who gets lucky with criticals and evasion. I'm also planning to go for priest/archer, but that all depends on what SSS I get. I might not even get an SSS priest or archer, and I don't want to get rid of any Hero units if I pull those.

Regarding the people who have Ultimate current top tier units, I think they'll be fine, lol. They'll be the first to have Maxxed ascended units, ensuring they stay on top, and will most likely be the first ones to have them at Ultimate.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
If all the SSS were good, it would be much harder to decide what to ascend and what to use as limit break fodder.. Don't think of him as an Archer Ur, think of him as a future Bloodwind or as limit break fodder. I just got a mage pari, which is great because I don't have to worry about what to use for limit break fodder for my SSS archer

ha, well I guess that's one way of looking at it :) Of course, the time it will take me to ascend anyone will be a couple decades at this rate!

ha, well I guess that's one way of looking at it :) Of course, the time it will take me to ascend anyone will be a couple decades at this rate!

I'm actually planning to drop some cash when season 2 hits to pump up Farq to ultimate. I can do up to MAX+3 on my own, so I just need 2 more SSS.

On the one hand it's nice that ascension removes RNG from the equation, but on the other hand i worry that it will have a negative impact on the top tiers of arena, labyrinth, etc.

Not in the sense that the gap between paying players and free players will grow, but more in the sense that there will be almost 0 diversity in team composition at the top. Everyone will figure out the best party, and everyone will get that exact party.

commish

I'm actually planning to drop some cash when season 2 hits to pump up Farq to ultimate. I can do up to MAX+3 on my own, so I just need 2 more SSS.

On the one hand it's nice that ascension removes RNG from the equation, but on the other hand i worry that it will have a negative impact on the top tiers of arena, labyrinth, etc.

Not in the sense that the gap between paying players and free players will grow, but more in the sense that there will be almost 0 diversity in team composition at the top. Everyone will figure out the best party, and everyone will get that exact party.

Maybe at the top top top bracket, for the people who pay a lot. But for everyone else, it'll take months and months to assemble that top team through ascension. The problem will be that the people who pay get the rubies during the events, so the poor will continually get poorer and poorer while the rich get stronger and stronger teams. RNG evens that out a bit right now. Of course, I don't know how good the ascended characters are.

Ventara

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I mean, you'd think everyone would be a rogue at this point, but there are still plenty of archers, priests and warriors. People will make do with what they have.

And I agree with commish. There are gonna be people who'll have the exact team of ascended units, but that's gonna be only the very top players.

Of course, I don't know how good the ascended characters are.

They are REALLY good.

Source : http://gamebroke.blogspot.fr/2015/07/5-quingue-draco-dragon-blaze.html

DB1.PNG

1. Deathcrown (Warrior)
Normal attack : - base atk % / hit

Skill 1: 748% damage (single) + 13 sec stun.
Skill 2: 100% hit, 1097% dmg buff clear (single) + -35% armor, which focus on the party 15sec mark.
Skill 3: Taunt (AOE) 14 seconds + invunerable.

Passive 1: Damage received Sta -16% + 9% + status (party).
Passive 2: 15% chance when atk, 506% damage (AOE) + -35% base atk, for 18 seconds.

2. Bloodwind ( Archer )
Normal attack : Splash atk

Skill 1: 648% damage (single) + -53% def.
Skill 2: 243% damage (AOE) + 25% damage for 8 seconds.
Skill 3: +47 crit damage, for 31 seconds (party).
Passive 1: Dex + 16%.
Passive 2: Crit rate +6 (party).

3. Black Heaven ( Priest )
Normal attack : single heal

Skill 1: 270% Heal (AOE).
Skill 2: + 84% immun rate + 45% atk speed for 16 seconds.
Skill 3: Revive (single) + invunerable few seconds.
Passive 1: When she die cast invunerable to all party members who are still alive.
Passive 2: + 14% def (party).

4. Brightspark ( Mage )
Normal attack : Splash atk + debuff boost the damage + 40%

Skill 1: 1 044% damage (single).
Skill 2: 384% damage (AOE) + 25% DOT damage for 6 seconds.
Skill 3: 150% damage (AOE) + lifesteal + invul + stun for 4 seconds.
Passive 1: crit rate +14, +19 accuracy.
Passive 2: armor penetration +23

5. Greysoul ( Rogue )
Normal attack : remove 1 buff / hit (Invicible is also eliminated)

Skill 1: 100% hit 797% damage (single) + 20% instant death.
Skill 2: 1065% damage (single target).
Skill 3: Summon clone copy to atk / skills for 19.2 seconds.
Passive 1: Kill enemy buff 20sec increase critical chance 73 and critical power 196, the killed enemy cannot be res.
Passive 2: Accuracy +21

Yaari

Oh, after Limit Break, each +1, is a seperate SSS? I didn't know that, haha.
Yeah, I don't really have THAT many SSSs then.
It might even take some thinking to decide who I can really get rid of.

I wonder what paid of Ascended units would make the best Allies in Guild Battle. I realize that Arena is a different story, but most people will be able to create a single Ascended unit for Guild Battle. The question is, which ones pair up best? As far as Allies go.

I know that the combination of Sheep Mage and DoD Rogue is probably my favorite as far as actual players go.

Ventara

I wonder what paid of Ascended units would make the best Allies in Guild Battle. I realize that Arena is a different story, but most people will be able to create a single Ascended unit for Guild Battle. The question is, which ones pair up best? As far as Allies go.

They're all so OP that it's kinda hard to decide, but probably one of the DPS units. I know Bloodwind was mentioned to be the best, but Brightspark might be better with her AOE, and Greysoul is probably the best single target one, especially with that 20% chance of instant death skill.

commish

They're all so OP that it's kinda hard to decide, but probably one of the DPS units. I know Bloodwind was mentioned to be the best, but Brightspark might be better with her AOE, and Greysoul is probably the best single target one, especially with that 20% chance of instant death skill.

I think single target damage or CC is the best. When you can make it 4 on 3, it's a pretty big advantage.

Whizkid7

All this talk of Ascended units and I only just got my first SSS to MAX, haha.

Had a bit of a scare last night when my phone broke; is it sad my first thought was "HOW AM I GONNA PLAY DRAGON BLAZE NOW?!" But then I remembered I have a shiny new tablet now, and since everything was already linked to my Facebook, i just migrated to it.

I don't think I can go back to playing on my phone after this...It's so much easier to see everything on that bigger screen!

Pejo

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I mean, you'd think everyone would be a rogue at this point, but there are still plenty of archers, priests and warriors. People will make do with what they have.

And I agree with commish. There are gonna be people who'll have the exact team of ascended units, but that's gonna be only the very top players.

They are REALLY good.

Wow that archer is insane. All that AoE dmg plus amazing party buffs (esp for me, as a Rogue). I really need to hope I get an archer SSS on one of my next combines.

Never thought i'd be saying that.

Ventara

Does anyone know if the full equip for allies is a S3 thing? When did that come out for Korea?

I think single target damage or CC is the best. When you can make it 4 on 3, it's a pretty big advantage.

I think Brightspark might be the best in that regard. Her 3rd skill stuns for 4 seconds. Combine that with a sheep mage and you can take out at least 1 enemy before they come out of stun, if not more.

commish

Before I make the change, are thee any arguments for keeping my Meteor mage? Or is sheep mage just better in every way?

I've done both quite a bit, and I like sheep. I actually use my sheep mage more than my rogue these days. Does less damage but the extra cc makes up for it and then some. You can still buff up your mage's aoe. You just can't use the aoe ultimate.

Ventara

I've done both quite a bit, and I like sheep. I actually use my sheep mage more than my rogue these days. Does less damage but the extra cc makes up for it and then some. You can still buff up your mage's aoe. You just can't use the aoe ultimate.

Yeah, I think I'll switch then. I'm probably not doing good damage anyways with my meteor mage.

Eu new bonus (ally drop rate and exp) have showed up at 7pm, that's quite early, imo.

Yeah, the time slots for the new bonuses are great. It's 10 PM for me, which is way better than midnight, lol.

Pejo

Yeah, I think I'll switch then. I'm probably not doing good damage anyways with my meteor mage.

Yeah, the time slots for the new bonuses are great. It's 10 PM for me, which is way better than midnight, lol.

I have only seen this once, mind you, but during guild battles, my entire team (54 rogue with 20k hp + pearla, and 51 Priest and Freyd) got one shot instantly by a meteor mage. I have no idea if they just got insanely lucky on crit or what happened, but it shocked the hell out of me. Literally the fight started and then it was over. The meteor animation still hadn't happened by the time the defeated screen popped up.

That said, it looks like sheep mage has a ton more utility, and that's what i'm currently leveling as well.

Ventara

I have only seen this once, mind you, but during guild battles, my entire team (54 rogue with 20k hp + pearla, and 51 Priest and Freyd) got one shot instantly by a meteor mage. I have no idea if they just got insanely lucky on crit or what happened, but it shocked the hell out of me. Literally the fight started and then it was over. The meteor animation still hadn't happened by the time the defeated screen popped up.

That said, it looks like sheep mage has a ton more utility, and that's what i'm currently leveling as well.

Maybe I should make a second mage? lol Nah, 2 characters will keep me busy enough with the new season coming. I have read that meteor becomes quite powerful in later updates, which is why I chose it, but I think for now, a sheep build would serve me much better. And if I switch back, I suppose 200 rubies isn't too much to cry about in the long run.

JigsawX

Sheep mage is probably better overall. Personally I'm a meteor mage (also because I dont' feel like respeccing for 100 rubies after previously switching to meteor from the Single target)

I would say though that my mage is decently geared, 4k attack I think and roughly 45% to crit (I'll check later) For Arena I generally kill anything under 18-20k health instantly.

Uthred

Farming Shadowcrag (Myth) and the only time I saw the helmet drop it was in the additional loot chest (which of course I hadnt bought). That additional loot chest taunts me every time.

Before I make the change, are thee any arguments for keeping my Meteor mage? Or is sheep mage just better in every way?

Meteor is getting a buff in S2, might be worth holding off a week and keeping the 100 rubies

Ventara

Sheep mage is probably better overall. Personally I'm a meteor mage (also because I dont' feel like respeccing for 100 rubies after previously switching to meteor from the Single target)

I would say though that my mage is decently geared, 4k attack I think and roughly 45% to crit (I'll check later) For Arena I generally kill anything under 18-20k health instantly.

That's the thing. I haven't been able to get good equips for my mage. I only have about 2K damage at lv 54. Though I do have good evasion and defence, lol.

Meteor is getting a buff in S2, might be worth holding off a week and keeping the 100 rubies

Is that so? If that's the case, I'll definitely hold off until S2. I'm also probably gonna finish Myth this weekend, so I might be able to farm better gear.

garath

Farming Shadowcrag (Myth) and the only time I saw the helmet drop it was in the additional loot chest (which of course I hadnt bought). That additional loot chest taunts me every time.

The helmet is elusive. I've done Myth Shadowcrag well over 300 times (I got the 330 time achievement last night) and I've gotten it twice (both STR based boooooo, need dex). Compared to Storm Tyrant, I've gotten the boots 6-7 times.

Junglefury I don't even want to touch yet.

The helmet is elusive. I've done Myth Shadowcrag well over 300 times (I got the 330 time achievement last night) and I've gotten it twice (both STR based boooooo, need dex). Compared to Storm Tyrant, I've gotten the boots 6-7 times.

Junglefury I don't even want to touch yet.

I think I have 8 myth helmets. I got those while farming for armor.

Also, junglefury can go fuck itself. I have 4 myth gauntlets and I never want to deal with junglefury.

Uthred

Just cant seem to down Myth Gram with my Rogue, I keep fiddling with party composition but just cant quite seem to make it. I'm going to blame my friends list ;)

garath

Just cant seem to down Myth Gram with my Rogue, I keep fiddling with party composition but just cant quite seem to make it. I'm going to blame my friends list ;)

I'm in the same boat. Best I did was last night. Got up to Gram before using my priest friend. Got through two waves with no issues then lost my priest friend right in the middle of the third wave and got wiped out. I was this close :( Need to gear up my new Sorcerer Muir better.

I'm in the same boat. Best I did was last night. Got up to Gram before using my priest friend. Got through two waves with no issues then lost my priest friend right in the middle of the third wave and got wiped out. I was this close :( Need to gear up my new Sorcerer Muir better.

I may need to max out my Gram in order to break through Myth Gram. The irony is delicious.

zanyu

That's where I'm at. Cleared Myth with Warrior, but I don't have a single tank. I used to have SS Ger, but he was the first thing I combined for SSS. So now I'm stuck on my Rogue. Made it to Landing Garden, but i think that's the end of the line for me until i get a tank.

You can beat Myth without a tank at all.

I did it a little while back
OMG finally Myth Gram down!

I had to do 2 healer, 2 dps, as a mage.

Ranran Max + 4
Konfi + 3
Aura +3
Azur + 2

(I have no tanks)

Unsure how PVE goes with rogue in dungeons. As a sheep mage you have aoe damage and cc which is extremely helpful.

Okay so I'll give you pros and cons for both specs since I've done them both extensively and admittedly wasted TOO MANY rubies going back and forth.

Meteor:
Pros
The best dungeon farming spec. If you are farming gold/SSS items and you are not moving for progression, meteor hands down the best.

It kills rogues through vanish. The vanish ability makes them unforgettable making this ability in a way a "counter" to them during Dance of Death + Vanish combo.

Also stops that stupid pesky fulson from taking longer than he should.

Cons
During progression, if you don't have good enough gear and you're not clearing out the stages in one meteor combo, you might just be taking too much damage along the way to the boss and then die. This happened a lot when moving through myth.

The worst spec for raiding. It is lower damage than flame burst ultimate, and doesn't bring group utility like sheep ult.

You need an amazing weapon + off hand to make this shine. So have fun farming.

Sheep
Pros
You get to cast sheep twice as much than the other ultimate specs.

The "safest" spec to go through story progression. RNG will win you impossible situations.

While your damage does matter still, you are not solely relying on 1 shotting your enemies.

The aoe chance of multiple sheep is what you expect to be game changing. In arena, lab, guild battles, or even dungeons. It is a positive impact and will help you heal up/deal maximum damage.

Cons
You go oom. Sheep is the most mana intensive skill.

Damage is terrible. You need great DPS allies to make up for the lack of damage from not grabbing the other two ultimates.

You spend more talent points in maxing other skills instead of just focusing on one tree line. I personally go 5 in Flame Burst, 10 in meteor. Others generally go 1 in Flame, 10 in meteor.

You are countered by two stats instead of just one. Evasion and immunity. You can land a sheep but they can still be immune.

Personally? Because of the rampant plague of rogues and you have full myth blazing gear with all good stats + max, meteor is better. It just fits the meta better.

But with season 2 coming out, sheep is going to be useful again for progression and facing bosses that are 3+ levels ahead of you.

You need a ton of fake friends. I hope its a fake facebook with people you can spam invites to. I can send (suggest) friends if it is.

Do I just need the fake friends or do I have to have fake FB friends and then invite them to the game? I made a fake FB account as soon as you said you get a free SS ally lol.

I just have no idea the amount of effort that I have to do. If I have to get friends to play the game then I'll just abandon this.

zanyu

Hmm.. Maybe that's the trick. I have some strong DPS. I could try two SS healers and 2 SSS dps. hmmmmm

Mixing up your group is a great idea, it is interesting to change based off the area. For the forest area, I actually just did all DPS. My only healer were priest friends on those stages. Ranran died constantly to the stupid reptiles.

Also maybe play on manual on stages you get stuck on.

Worst case scenario next week you can just out level the fight and make it easy :p

I'm leveling up a warrior right now because I believe that warriors will be the best in season 2, until the cap is raised to 70. Just my opinion from the top rank videos during season 2 that were in Korean.

https://youtu.be/3vr7sMky-YQ?t=3253

Rank 1 on world boss. He's a warrior.
Ascended from Dracos: Rogue (Assist) Archer, Priest
Ascended Angels: Archer, Mage

To the person asking about ascended allies and what SSS to use and what stays good. I read somewhere making an ascended deathcrown is the WORST thing to do.

The rogue DPS is the strongest DPS in pvp (arena/gb) because his auto removes buffs including invincibility, instant death and people cannot revive when he kills.

It seems like all of them are very "safe" to pick if you're going to use a top tier SSS. Just don't use Tiel since she is used for the best ascended angel.

It makes me sad, the people who are playing seems to have cut by a third. In lab I won't even get 5% because the number of participants dropped so much, and my score actually increased by 30k. :(

This is my first time ever to be put into golem 20%. I don't even get SS accessories anymore Q_Q

Cybolt

Thanks for the detailed breakdown on meteor vs sheep. One question about sheep is with accuracy. I know that accuracy counters evasion but does it do anything vs immunity as well? Or does immunity have no counter and it's just RNG?

Thanks for the detailed breakdown on meteor vs sheep. One question about sheep is with accuracy. I know that accuracy counters evasion but does it do anything vs immunity as well? Or does immunity have no counter and it's just RNG?

I think accuracy also counters immunity. I was able to sheep a mage that had 35% immunity and 30% evasion even though I have 40% accuracy and lvl 5 sheep.

Cybolt

I think accuracy also counters immunity. I was able to sheep a mage that had 35% immunity and 30% evasion even though I have 40% accuracy and lvl 5 sheep.

Interesting. Thanks for the information. It also doesn't seem like immunity does anything for duration of CCs like sheep or stun. It's all or nothing it seems, like a magical version of evade.

zanyu

On the other hand, Gamevil will conduct an event that provides professional-grade fixed SSS rights to all connected users up to 28 days from 23 days next month to celebrate this update.
Translation

This was an update of adding new angels/ascended characters (the priest and warrior)

I can't find the thread cause it crashed my firefox, but there was another when they introduced the guaranteed 27 SSS pull. I think it's AFTER the patch of guaranteeing the SSS every month.

So we got quite awhile away (IMO) before the guaranteed SSS pulls from rubies. My general guess of how things are going would be another 2+ months.

Interesting. Thanks for the information. It also doesn't seem like immunity does anything for duration of CCs like sheep or stun. It's all or nothing it seems, like a magical version of evade.

I think if it lands, it's supposed to reduce the CC duration. So if you have 50% immunity, if you are sheeped, you only stay in sheep for half the duration. That's how it's supposed to work. Unless someone has 60% immunity on gear, time it, and then take all gear off and see how it is afterwards.

As far as accuracy affecting immunity, I'm just going to say no. I don't see why it would honestly. It just helps spells and attacks land, not if the spell effect goes off.

And curiously, who said Ascended allies get all gear slots unlocked? I only see them in videos having the same as SSS allies, weapon off hand, armor, accessory.
Was it something on Korean servers?

Immunity seems to do jack shit for CCs from raid bosses. But CCs from regular dungeons are noticeably shorter with my 40% immunity priest. The exception being the fucking skill blocks from the lightning lizards.

Granted, I can only speak for my experience so you have at least one data point for reference.

Translation

This was an update of adding new angels/ascended characters (the priest and warrior)

I can't find the thread cause it crashed my firefox, but there was another when they introduced the guaranteed 27 SSS pull. I think it's AFTER the patch of guaranteeing the SSS every month.

So we got quite awhile away (IMO) before the guaranteed SSS pulls from rubies. My general guess of how things are going would be another 2+ months.

I think if it lands, it's supposed to reduce the CC duration. So if you have 50% immunity, if you are sheeped, you only stay in sheep for half the duration. That's how it's supposed to work. Unless someone has 60% immunity on gear, time it, and then take all gear off and see how it is afterwards.

As far as accuracy affecting immunity, I'm just going to say no. I don't see why it would honestly. It just helps spells and attacks land, not if the spell effect goes off.

And curiously, who said Ascended allies get all gear slots unlocked? I only see them in videos having the same as SSS allies, weapon off hand, armor, accessory.
Was it something on Korean servers?

Regarding ascended allies with gear slots, there's an image that someone linked about 25 pages back showing a lvl 80 ally with head, arm, shoes, and chest equipment.

D'oh, double post.

If the guaranteed SSS is not introduced at the start of season 2 I will just keep waiting. Already have 4,000 rubies saved up and not struggling in keeping up in the ranks. I might cap off the amount I save at 5,000 though.

Uthred

If the guaranteed SSS is not introduced at the start of season 2 I will just keep waiting. Already have 4,000 rubies saved up and not struggling in keeping up in the ranks. I might cap off the amount I save at 5,000 though.

Thats some impressive self control, I get antsy once I'm over 500 or so

Pejo

Word, I'm hitting close to 3000 too, no sense in going all in if we waited this long. I wish I got better than middling results in weekly challenges to build them up a little faster though. It seems like after 2000 it's been a slog to get more rubies.

That's part of the reason I will not spend them though, I realize that the hook of the game is to give you a ton of stuff up front, then slowly take it away as the rewards get better and better, to force you in to paying. The shitty thing is, I would love to throw a couple bucks at the game because of the enjoyment I got from it, but the first package that isn't a total ripoff is 30 bucks, and I just can't justify that.

zanyu

Man you guys are crazy! I can't seem to save pass 300.

I just think to myself, "gotta enhance, so close to another SSS"

I completely agree on the fact that I wouldn't mind spending a few bucks on the game myself, but I would want the $100 monthly package at $60, since that would be the price of buying a new game.

At the moment I plan on staying completely F2P since I can do all the content comfortably. I wish the game continued to gain popularity instead of people quitting, so the developers would actually have a reason to update us consistently. I think the US side of things is doing a shit job at informing. We're dependent on a Japanese blog for updates.

It would be nice to see the # of participants in Lab and world boss back at 25k+ instead of 8k or whatever.

Einbroch

Banned
Man you guys are crazy! I can't seem to save pass 300.

I just think to myself, "gotta enhance, so close to another SSS"

I completely agree on the fact that I wouldn't mind spending a few bucks on the game myself, but I would want the $100 monthly package at $60, since that would be the price of buying a new game.

At the moment I plan on staying completely F2P since I can do all the content comfortably. I wish the game continued to gain popularity instead of people quitting, so the developers would actually have a reason to update us consistently. I think the US side of things is doing a shit job at informing. We're dependent on a Japanese blog for updates.

It would be nice to see the # of participants in Lab and world boss back at 25k+ instead of 8k or whatever.
Are you checking right before the reset? I know my brother and I never run Laby until the night before reset.

Arena is at 10k and Laby at 14k.

zanyu

Are you checking right before the reset? I know my brother and I never run Laby until the night before reset.

Arena is at 10k and Laby at 14k.

I don't always check the reset numbers, but last night when I did the WB there was only 8.7k participants.

Also you should rub Lab and Arena everyday at least 3 times each, you're missing out on rubies man!

3 arena - 1 ruby
3 Lab - 1 ruby
All daily - 3 rubies

It's not a lot per day, but hey after a month, that's 150 rubies you missed out on!

Top Bottom