• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

garath

I seriously have no idea how you guys save up 3k+ rubies as a free player and still stay competitive. I've used all but 400 rubies or so now and still only have 3 SSS units. I do have 9 SS units, 6 of which are MAX but still. That's not a lot comparatively.

Of course if even 1 of my SSS was a tier 1 unit it might be a different story. Lol

zanyu

Is anyone able to play/login at the moment?

I tried getting on my phone but it's just freezing now. I saw on their FB they had maintenance, but it should be done according their schedule.

That and every time they've had maintenance it gave a notification not freeze the game.

Cybolt

I seriously have no idea how you guys save up 3k+ rubies as a free player and still stay competitive. I've used all but 400 rubies or so now and still only have 3 SSS units. I do have 9 SS units, 6 of which are MAX but still. That's not a lot comparatively.

Of course if even 1 of my SSS was a tier 1 unit it might be a different story. Lol

I guess it's a bit of RNG and getting lucky with SSS rolls. Though you do have a good number of SS and can probably LB or Ult a good SSS when it comes your way.

Pakman

Man you guys are crazy! I can't seem to save pass 300.

I just think to myself, "gotta enhance, so close to another SSS"

I completely agree on the fact that I wouldn't mind spending a few bucks on the game myself, but I would want the $100 monthly package at $60, since that would be the price of buying a new game.

At the moment I plan on staying completely F2P since I can do all the content comfortably. I wish the game continued to gain popularity instead of people quitting, so the developers would actually have a reason to update us consistently. I think the US side of things is doing a shit job at informing. We're dependent on a Japanese blog for updates.

It would be nice to see the # of participants in Lab and world boss back at 25k+ instead of 8k or whatever.

If you do buy the $99 package do the one in the shop, not the random special that pops. It resets the first time purchase bonus every month so you're guaranteed a SS ally card, which saves a lot of resources imo to combine for a SSS.

I only have 3 SSS units(Loki, Fulson, and Azure) and Ranran is my healer. The only unit I have that I consider above average is Loki, but maxing everyone and having good gear goes a long way.

Chaos17

I finally got out of that damn forest even with a naked Porin!
Yeaah!! ლ(◉◞౪◟◉ )ლ

zanyu

I don't like the EXP potion because of having to scroll to get towards my Revival Scroll. Lol.

As someone who is leveling a new character, I am really sad that they cost rubies. =/

I wish there was some alternative, 1 Million gold?

To give up summons just to level a bit faster seems so silly. Maybe only new players would fall for it.

Uthred

I think you are kind of overrating him a bit there. His main use is the disable a unit while dealing some nice damage. God tier damage would be someone like Loki.

Both tier lists have Fulson listed as top tier DPS, not sure how he's rated on the Korean one but he's certainly above average

Yaari

As someone who is leveling a new character, I am really sad that they cost rubies. =/

To give up summons just to level a bit faster seems so silly. Maybe only new players would fall for it.

Agree. I'd never buy it. Game gets pretty boring once you don't get exp anymore. Getting levels is actually the fun part. It's dull once you run stages just for allies or loot.

You have to give up summons, where does it say that?

zanyu

You have to give up summons, where does it say that?

Rubies = summons.

Not actually giving up summons :p

The worst about leveling is opening up item slots, accessories, and more bag space. This makes me never wanting to switch characters. It just takes so many rubies -.-

Rubies = summons.

Not actually giving up summons :p

The worst about leveling is opening up item slots, accessories, and more bag space. This makes me never wanting to switch characters. It just takes so many rubies -.-

Ahh yea. Although i never open up bag space. You get almost enough rubies from all the raid quests to pay for the items and accessories, but takes a while

Both tier lists have Fulson listed as top tier DPS, not sure how he's rated on the Korean one but he's certainly above average
While I don't know the criteria that was used for those tier lists, I'm going to guess it is based more on just raw DPS output and also adds into consideration the utility the unit offers. While I do consider Fulsons DPS to be above average, his overall usefulness is just average when compared to many of the actual good units available.

Here is a Korean tier list that I find more accurate even for our current meta.
http://cfile30.uf.tistory.com/image/25343E385464773B1E30B5

Please do not mistaken me in considering Fulson bad, I consider him and Azur to be perfectly capable units and they have taken me far. For the most part I only consider there to be good, average, and bad units and there is nothing wrong in being average in my book.

Ventara

While I don't know the criteria that was used for those tier lists, I'm going to guess it is based more on just raw DPS output and also adds into consideration the utility the unit offers. While I do consider Fulsons DPS to be above average, his overall usefulness is just average when compared to many of the actual good units available.

Here is a Korean tier list that I find more accurate even for our current meta.
http://cfile30.uf.tistory.com/image/25343E385464773B1E30B5

Please do not mistaken me in considering Fulson bad, I consider him and Azur to be perfectly capable units and they have taken me far. For the most part I only consider there to be good, average, and bad units and there is nothing wrong in being average in my book.

I've been wondering, isn't that list missing some of the 7 angels? Also, is this tier list for S2, or does it extend to S3?

If the guaranteed SSS is not introduced at the start of season 2 I will just keep waiting. Already have 4,000 rubies saved up and not struggling in keeping up in the ranks. I might cap off the amount I save at 5,000 though.

Word, I'm hitting close to 3000 too, no sense in going all in if we waited this long. I wish I got better than middling results in weekly challenges to build them up a little faster though. It seems like after 2000 it's been a slog to get more rubies.

That's part of the reason I will not spend them though, I realize that the hook of the game is to give you a ton of stuff up front, then slowly take it away as the rewards get better and better, to force you in to paying. The shitty thing is, I would love to throw a couple bucks at the game because of the enjoyment I got from it, but the first package that isn't a total ripoff is 30 bucks, and I just can't justify that.

I am assuming that you guys have a full team of SSS units that are fully upgraded and whatnot, right? Because there are quite a few (understatement) of us that aren't as lucky as you guys.

Ventara

Sixth SSS.

Konfi. Again.

Pata
Freyd
Karang
Karang
Konfi
Konfi

Sigh.

I see a Black Heaven

Black Heaven ( Priest )
Normal attack : single heal

Skill 1: 270% Heal (AOE).
Skill 2: + 84% immun rate + 45% atk speed for 16 seconds.
Skill 3: Revive (single) + invunerable few seconds.
Passive 1: When she die cast invunerable to all party members who are still alive.
Passive 2: + 14% def (party).

Edit: Or better yet, Greysoul

Greysoul ( Rogue )
Normal attack : remove 1 buff / hit (Invicible is also eliminated)

Skill 1: 100% hit 797% damage (single) + 20% instant death.
Skill 2: 1065% damage (single target).
Skill 3: Summon clone copy to atk / skills for 19.2 seconds.
Passive 1: Kill enemy buff 20sec increase critical chance 73 and critical power 196, the killed enemy cannot be res.
Passive 2: Accuracy +21

I'm seriously considering going for him if I don't get a priest.

I am assuming that you guys have a full team of SSS units that are fully upgraded and whatnot, right? Because there are quite a few (understatement) of us that aren't as lucky as you guys.

Eh, I have 3 and only 2 of them are in my team, but I'm planning to save until the guaranteed pulls (only have 1400, though). You just need to be very careful with your A and S units.

I have 3 SSS that are at max (not ultimate). I only received my 3rd SSS a few days ago. Luck played a extremely small role for me, just a unhealthy amount of playing.

Einbroch

Banned
I know you're exaggerating, but maxing one will cost you AT MOST 8 S units and 24 A units, or 48 A units, plus whatever amount of B units you need. You'll probably use less.
And five SSS units. They need to be ultimate, no?

I'm not upset. It's just how the game is.

Ventara

And five SSS units. They need to be ultimate, no?

I'm not upset. It's just how the game is.

Yeah, they need to be Ultimate. I was just listing what else you need as you already have 5 fodder SSS (sorry).

You know what I'd do if I was you, I'd max Pata, Freyd and Konfi, and depending on your next 2 SSS, I'd ascend Konfi/Freyd, then the other one when you have enough SSS. Pata is good for now.

I see a Black Heaven

Eh, I have 3 and only 2 of them are in my team, but I'm planning to save until the guaranteed pulls (only have 1400, though). You just need to be very careful with your A and S units.

That rogue looks insane, maybe I should go with him instead of Bloodwind. I have max Farq and Freyd. Bloodwind is better imo, but Farq is better than Freyd, so maybe I should cut the weakest link

Ventara

That rogue looks insane, maybe I should go with him instead of Bloodwind. I have max Farq and Freyd. Bloodwind is better imo, but Farq is better than Freyd, so maybe I should cut the weakest link

His ability to remove buffs + his first skill + his first passive is what makes me think of making him my first ascended unit over Bloodwind. That combo just sounds guaranteed to take out 1 unit instantly.

I see a Black Heaven

I can't help but think of these:
MgBr3cB.png

RhWAAoX.jpg

Or get very lucky with them.

I have 3 SSS that are at max (not ultimate). I only received my 3rd SSS a few days ago. Luck played a extremely small role for me, just a unhealthy amount of playing.

I play an unhealthy amount as well but the combines still sucked 4 times in a row.

Ventara

Or get very lucky with them.

Okay, I'm not gonna deny that, lol.

It is hard to save rubies if you are terribly unlucky with pulls/enhancing, but I think from here on out, things will get a lot better for those unlucky people. We're getting at least one premium ally/day, plus several more from GM bonuses, so fodder should be plentiful. Also, there is no luck involved with ascended units. Everyone needs to get them the same way.

Okay, I'm not gonna deny that, lol.

It is hard to save rubies if you are terribly unlucky with pulls/enhancing, but I think from here on out, things will get a lot better for those unlucky people. We're getting at least one premium ally/day, plus several more from GM bonuses, so fodder should be plentiful. Also, there is no luck involved with ascended units. Everyone needs to get them the same way.

Well, i guess you could just roll nothing but SSS warriors. That would be pretty damn unlucky though

Yaari

Burnt through all my A's to get my Konfi to MAX+1. This is really expensive in resources wow.

Guess that 1st Ultimate will find its way but the second one is going to take a really long time. I hope going with the priest first was the right idea. No way to change that now.

Burnt through all my A's to get my Konfi to MAX+1. This is really expensive in resources wow.

Guess that 1st Ultimate will find its way but the second one is going to take a really long time. I hope going with the priest first was the right idea. No way to change that now.

I thought limit breaking Konfi would need another SSS? I'm assuming that you used your Konfi duplicate to limit break her?

I play an unhealthy amount as well but the combines still sucked 4 times in a row.
You got Gram so you are already gold.

There is always the chance the game hates you and you get SSS dupes all day, but for the most part you can make just about any 2 unique SSS units and get pretty far no matter how low they are listed in a tier list. I have no doubt I will still be roughly where I'm even if I'm rocking a Dark Knoll and Karang. Maybe making 400 rubies a week instead of 500 because of ranking lower in bosses and lab.

You got Gram so you are already gold.

There is always the chance the game hates you and you get SSS dupes all day, but for the most part you can make just about any 2 unique SSS units and get pretty far no matter how low they are listed in a tier list. I have no doubt I will still be roughly where I'm even if I'm rocking a Dark Knoll and Karang. Maybe making 400 rubies a week instead of 500 because of ranking lower in bosses and lab.

I just did a combine for an SS and it gave me Archer Disty. This game seriously wants me to use archers.

wapplew

The rich and lucky get richer. It's shitty but it's how the game is.

Can't agree more.
I'm so unlucky I start over at US server. 14 days later, I'm now max level with 3 SSS and 800 rubies.

Things get a little better here my SSS not as low tier, competition is not that crazy like Asia server, I could rank quite high even I'm at low level.

Daily buff and event help a lot, plus GAF guild high level friends help me clear most of the hard stage.

Miragith

Downloaded Korean version for fun.

Hydra already has 34k+ participants. I hope more people start playing with the release of season 2.

Not sure what these split skills are for Pally. There's a locked second tab. Looks like you can have two specs. Also noticed that you can have two different equipment loadouts for your character.

Downloaded Korean version for fun.

Hydra already has 34k+ participants. I hope more people start playing with the release of season 2.

Not sure what these split skills are for Pally. There's a locked second tab. Looks like you can have two specs. Also noticed that you can have two different equipment loadouts for your character.

Yea my biggest complaint about the game is how small the community is. It's really depressing. Even the reddit has less than 500 members.

Top Bottom