• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Einbroch

Banned
Unfortunately these types of games rarely grow in population. That's why I said earlier that I was less than hopeful about the future of the game, community-wise. To me, the community is what makes or breaks these types of games for me. Once S2 is released, I'll probably try it for a bit and then just focus on Future Fight and RK. We'll see. Don't have the time for all 3!
This game has more reviews than RK on Android and actually outperforms RK on Android in terms of gross revenue. On iOS RK is higher by about 25% in terms of gross.

I think people vastly overestimate how many people play these games. Just because they show a number and you go "wow, that's not much" that doesn't mean games like RK have a lot either. These games are niche.

What are your honest opinions as Deathcrown as an ally? I saw the Korean tier list and he was ranked pretty low.
I think Deathcrown is pretty decent, he does a fair amount of AoE damage and can stun. When well geared, he can be quite a terror in arena (but so can just about any well geared SSS).

I would not worry too much about any tier list. All SSS are perfectly usable and unless they are one of the top tier units, they are really just there to hold you over until you can turn them into fodder for a ascended unit.

zanyu

What are your honest opinions as Deathcrown as an ally? I saw the Korean tier list and he was ranked pretty low.

He is pretty much a tankier fulson, a little bit less damage, but also has an AOE.

With the tier list, it also has a lot of new season two heroes, currently I think he's definitely above average.

Currently got my warrior to level 40. The grind is getting longer per level, I'm hoping to get 55 before Tuesday and just make the warrior my main

Also got 100 rubies for mastering an entire area which was a little nice bonus while leveling.

WOOT! JUST CLEARED MYTH!!!

Gram+5 for the win! I'm glad that he has that shield and the CC skills to stun the 2nd wave. Was this close to getting wiped out with my support.

How I feel right now:
QZfsm5L.jpg

76hGPON.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMike7BjQ48

zanyu

WOOT! JUST CLEARED MYTH!!!

Gram+5 for the win! I'm glad that he has that shield and the CC skills to stun the 2nd wave. Was this close to getting wiped out with my support.

How I feel right now:

Congratulations! You're ready for season 2!

So finally farmed up 20 Red roses.

S9TRY5E.png

Since I'm a mage, it's kind of just useless. Guess I have something to give to bloodwind.

Congratulations! You're ready for season 2!

So finally farmed up 20 Red roses.

S9TRY5E.png

Since I'm a mage, it's kind of just useless. Guess I have something to give to bloodwind.

Your inventory, I want.

Thanks, by the way.

Also, I farmed up enough red roses and got a brooch that was perfect for Gram. So that kind of worked out in its own way.

EDIT:
Does Myth Deathcrown drop red weapons or do I have to smack Myth Deus for my red weapons?

zanyu

Your inventory, I want.

Thanks, by the way.

Also, I farmed up enough red roses and got a brooch that was perfect for Gram. So that kind of worked out in its own way.

Even with all those items in my storage, I've yet to complete my myth blazing set. Super salty.

I've gone through both Legend and Myth now never completing a set. It's pretty infuriating.

Even with all those items in my storage, I've yet to complete my myth blazing set. Super salty.

I've gone through both Legend and Myth now never completing a set. It's pretty infuriating.

I didn't start Myth until I had my full set of Buster gear (lvl 50 red set) for my archer and priest characters.

Deus holds all the SSS weapons and grats on beating myth.

God damn it. That makes me rage. Fighting Deus is all sorts of bullshit, even on Legendary difficulty.

Thanks, by the way.

EDIT:
4 Myth Deathcrown runs in, I get a red armor for my archer character. Another 10 runs later, I get another red armor that is generic enough to be used by anyone.

StuffRuff

Decided to start all over again on the EU server (I'm UK based) and abandon my poor luck and progress on the US server.

Was getting pissed off with the push notifications on my phone corresponding to the EU server and not ever getting the rewards because of it.

New name is SlipperTop (Account: SlipperTap) if anyone wants a referral for EU or is high level and is kind enough to befriend me lol

Chaos17

Decided to start all over again on the EU server (I'm UK based) and abandon my poor luck and progress on the US server.

Was getting pissed off with the push notifications on my phone corresponding to the EU server and not ever getting the rewards because of it.

New name is SlipperTop (Account: SlipperTap) if anyone wants a referral for EU or is high level and is kind enough to befriend me lol

I've sent you a friend request under the name of "Aslinng".
Nice to meet ya.

StuffRuff

I've sent you a friend request under the name of "Aslinng".
Nice to meet ya.

Thanks Chaos, appreciate it!

Also really impressed with the new player login rewards. RanRan on day 1, and Mystery King on day 7. Those two should take me straight through to Myth!

Chaos17

Thanks Chaos, appreciate it!

Also really impressed with the new player login rewards. RanRan on day 1, and Mystery King on day 7. Those two should take me straight through to Myth!

Oh, so it was not Asia server only those reward, cool for ya!
Please tell us what you get with the Mystery king :D

Yaari

Hate those roleplaying events. Haha.

That SSS Brooch up there is not bad at all. Mine had horrible stats. I gave up on making them. Prefer rolls at this point. A lot of work to do on the SSS part of my upcoming Ascended units.

Ventara

Yes! I have broken through Labyrinth Floor 25! Hopefully I can make it into the top 10% now. We'll see. Edit: Jumped from 178K to 308K. That's a pretty big gap.

I didn't start Myth until I had my full set of Buster gear (lvl 50 red set) for my archer and priest characters.

God damn it. That makes me rage. Fighting Deus is all sorts of bullshit, even on Legendary difficulty.

Thanks, by the way.

EDIT:
4 Myth Deathcrown runs in, I get a red armor for my archer character. Another 10 runs later, I get another red armor that is generic enough to be used by anyone.

DDC is easy on Myth. You lose sometimes, but getting a party that completely wipes the floor with him is not super uncommon.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
This game has more reviews than RK on Android and actually outperforms RK on Android in terms of gross revenue. On iOS RK is higher by about 25% in terms of gross.

I think people vastly overestimate how many people play these games. Just because they show a number and you go "wow, that's not much" that doesn't mean games like RK have a lot either. These games are niche.

On ios, RK has almost 11,000 reviews. Dragon Blaze has under 1,000. The reason RK isn't higher on revenue is because they give you all of the characters for free and because they give out an insane amount of free premium currency. I think DB also gives you a great amount of free gems.

Agreed on the niche-ness of these games, but I think you are underestimating how popular the most popular ones are. There are some that makes $1m+ per day, and I know RK has over 5+ million downloads in Japan alone.

And the only reason I care about how popular these games like DB are is because it directly impacts my enjoyment of the game, especially since we have to rely on other players for GB and raids (until AI gets added soon at least!). It's also much harder to finish well in events when there are so few players. The people that stay tend to be the ones that have invested a lot of time/money into the game, so they are at the top. I need to noobs to prop me up :)

Anyway, looking forward to S2. I think I'm going to ascend one of my warriors because I already have 3 at max. My SSS rogue and archer are unenhanced :(

Einbroch

Banned
On ios, RK has almost 11,000 reviews. Dragon Blaze has under 1,000. The reason RK isn't higher on revenue is because they give you all of the characters for free and because they give out an insane amount of free premium currency. I think DB also gives you a great amount of free gems.

Agreed on the niche-ness of these games, but I think you are underestimating how popular the most popular ones are. There are some that makes $1m+ per day, and I know RK has over 5+ million downloads in Japan alone.

And the only reason I care about how popular these games like DB are is because it directly impacts my enjoyment of the game, especially since we have to rely on other players for GB and raids (until AI gets added soon at least!). It's also much harder to finish well in events when there are so few players. The people that stay tend to be the ones that have invested a lot of time/money into the game, so they are at the top. I need to noobs to prop me up :)

Anyway, looking forward to S2. I think I'm going to ascend one of my warriors because I already have 3 at max. My SSS rogue and archer are unenhanced :(

I just don't think this game is anywhere near "dying", which is I believe what you said in an earlier post. There are games with 10% of the revenue that are still up and running.

Of course you have your heavy hitters and such, and those make mad bank, but it's very possible to be successful without having anywhere near those numbers.

You're very well within your right to only want to play the popular games. Heck, being part of a zeitgeist is very fun, I can admit to that. But I just think it's a little harsh to be fearful of the future of this game when it has as many players as some smaller MMOs that are still going strong, that's all. Do I wish it were more popular? Damn skippy. Some of it is on Gamevil, too. Splitting servers, not feeling like they're invested in the community, not being open with patch notes. They feel too hands off.

If I misinterpreted your posts, I apologize.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I just don't think this game is anywhere near "dying", which is I believe what you said in an earlier post. There are games with 10% of the revenue that are still up and running.

Of course you have your heavy hitters and such, and those make mad bank, but it's very possible to be successful without having anywhere near those numbers.

You're very well within your right to only want to play the popular games. Heck, being part of a zeitgeist is very fun, I can admit to that. But I just think it's a little harsh to be fearful of the future of this game when it has as many players as some smaller MMOs that are still going strong, that's all. Do I wish it were more popular? Damn skippy. Some of it is on Gamevil, too. Splitting servers, not feeling like they're invested in the community, not being open with patch notes. They feel too hands off.

If I misinterpreted your posts, I apologize.

Oh, what I was getting at by my earlier post was the fact that the game doesn't really give people much of an incentive to spend money because premium pulls don't give top units. I am always of the mind that these types of games are successful because of the whales who spend so much money to make up for the f2p players. That's why I was fearful for its long term future - because people wouldn't feel the need to spend. I don't have that fear for RK because I think SE is just pushing out RK in order to build the FF brand. It's working... I've purchased 3 FF games since RK has come out after buying 0 the last 5 years.

Uthred

Have to say, blowing through a stack of 30 tickets on raids with +50% premium and getting more or less all blues is annoying. You really shouldnt be getting blues when you SS a raid.

Chaos17

Have to say, blowing through a stack of 30 tickets on raids with +50% premium and getting more or less all blues is annoying. You really shouldnt be getting blues when you SS a raid.

Totally agree!
Sometime I think that bonus drop raid is for show...

Whizkid7

Seriously, getting SS should automatically guarantee at least purple drops. It's totally soul crushing to see everyone else get an SS item in their treasure chest and you're the dummy who gets stuck with a freakin' BLUE.

garath

How's this million arthur promo supposed to work? I downloaded it, logged in with my hive account and played the first chapter.. no rubies...

Chaos17

How's this million arthur promo supposed to work? I downloaded it, logged in with my hive account and played the first chapter.. no rubies...

I think it's not rubies but a character.
From the email I received.
Instructions

1. Create your Arthur.
2. After the tutorial enter the Menu and hit the Notice icon. At the bottom, hit the "Enter Your Promo Code Here!" Banner
3. Enter and Submit your promo code
4. A gift box should appear in Camelot containing Nimue!

JigsawX

Anyone else use a emulator to play Dragon Blaze on their PC? I was using Arc Welder but it suddenly stopped working and doesn't want me to log in anymore. My poor mobile battery is crying now

Totally agree!
Sometime I think that bonus drop raid is for show...

I had a raid 2 days ago where I was on my priest in a 2 priest + 1 sheep mage + 1 shield bash tank. We were in the raid for 5 minutes or something and the raid boss had half hp. Then the boss suddenly decided to kill itself.

We got C ranking but yellow rewards.

This fucking game.

Uthred

Finally downed Myth Gram with my rogue, happy as I was tired of banging against it. It'll be nice to have a new end boss to hate in a week ;)

"Darn! I got Shabelle! And I previously got Tiel and Gram. Why does RNGesus hate me? Woe is me."

Ha, thats a problem I'd love to have

Top Bottom