• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Uthred

Who was your party?

My character was a Dance of Death Rogue, then I used Captain Azur+5, Karang, Captain Freya +1, RanRan +4 and a Priest friend on the 120 second ally boost. All accessory slots unlocked and filled with revive scrolls. I think there are only two waves of add's on Gram, so I popped the ally during 2/4 and blew scrolls to make it through both waves of ad's. More or less what Ive been doing for days, maybe upgrading my allies gear a bit or just getting lucky did it

I really wanted an AoE mage but I guess my prayer was half replied :p

M8kRPl0.png

Hmm, I got SSS Sorcerer Mer from combining Robellia with Tarq.

Yaari

Combined a SSS Konfi. Hilarious because the one I'm working on bringing to Ultimate, is Konfi. So that's +3 now. I should get the last 2 rather easily with the free pull coming up, and I'll sacrifice something else.

Whizkid7

So I just pulled Hunter Toori from summons - I know, a SSS from summons?!

Now I'm torn on who to try to Ultimate first, her or Pitch...Either ascended unit would be amazing.

zanyu

Finally downed Myth Gram with my rogue, happy as I was tired of banging against it. It'll be nice to have a new end boss to hate in a week ;)

Congrats!

I made a very annoying mistake today. I was on my level 42 warrior Alt, entered arena for daily. Lost my 20 win streak bonus.So mad at myself.

I am unsure if I should buy the accessory slots and potion slots on my alt. Still on the fence if I should focus on my warrior at the start of season 2 or not.

I made 2 new SS this week. I got hunter misty 4 times total now. At least it's not SSS dupes.

Sciel

I really hate my luck with enhancing S ranks recently (been using only C ranks). FFS i keep racking up 30-40% enhance bonuses at every level. Awfully painful to farm fodder.

At this point I'm actually hoping for horrible SSS, because anything decent would delay my ascended Priest. Bleh.
Hilarious but so much This. I'm also just wishing for crappy SSSs for all my recent combines just to serve as LB fodder. The only unit i REALLY want is Tiel.

KimChi

So I just noticed something in the korean version I don't think anyone has mentioned regarding raids, unless I missed someone talking about it.
aHTNouW.png

The top right has some gem/token for every successful raid you complete, each raid boss has their own counter so you can't do storm tyrant and have those attempts count for deathcrown.
Those tokens can be used to trade for the raid bosses set drops and SSS versions of those equips, one tab is weapons and off hand and the other tab is armor.
The stats are randomized on the equips you trade in for (I redeemed 2 mage off hands from storm tyrant to verify and they had different stats).
I'd love to see this soon since itll reduce grinding for gear.

Chaos17

That's a really cool feature that I would also want asap!
Because since I unlocked Jungle furry in Myth I'm kinda cursed with none epic/red loots :\

So I just noticed something in the korean version I don't think anyone has mentioned regarding raids, unless I missed someone talking about it.
aHTNouW.png

The top right has some gem/token for every successful raid you complete, each raid boss has their own counter so you can't do storm tyrant and have those attempts count for deathcrown.
Those tokens can be used to trade for the raid bosses set drops and SSS versions of those equips, one tab is weapons and off hand and the other tab is armor.
The stats are randomized on the equips you trade in for (I redeemed 2 mage off hands from storm tyrant to verify and they had different stats).

This sounds amazing. Does it count for each character? Is it specific to which difficulty raid we do?

Because I've done like... 3k raids, I think.

Also, just when I was thinking that I wouldn't get that many red myth armors from Myth Deathcrown... BAM! I get 5 in a row. >_>

Now I'm having problems trying to get them all upgraded so that I can use them on my characters.

KimChi

This sounds amazing. Does it count for each character? Is it specific to which difficulty raid we do?

Because I've done like... 3k raids, I think.

Also, just when I was thinking that I wouldn't get that many red myth armors from Myth Deathcrown... BAM! I get 5 in a row. >_>

Now I'm having problems trying to get them all upgraded so that I can use them on my characters.
Gimme one of those chest pieces lol
I'm not sure if it counts for each character, I've only made a paladin so far.
Ill check eventually with another character.
I'm not sure on difficulty since still on normal but I did see lvl86 ppl doing storm tyrant.
Also kinda weirded on the dungeon difficulty because I'm not even at fortress on normal yet and I'm level 50 having started over today, since I forgot login lol.

Gimme one of those chest pieces lol
I'm not sure if it counts for each character, I've only made a paladin so far.
Ill check eventually with another character.
I'm not sure on difficulty since still on normal but I did see lvl86 ppl doing storm tyrant.
Also kinda weirded on the dungeon difficulty because I'm not even at fortress on normal yet and I'm level 50 having started over today, since I forgot login lol.

The crazy thing is that I usually get these red armor equipment when I'm trying to farm for yellows to upgrade the one or two red equipment that I was trying to upgrade. And because each piece has attributes that work for my various characters, this turns into a grind real fast because now I'm getting nothing but blues and purples when I really need throwaway yellows.

Also, I just max enhanced my SS Archer Disty+2 in 7 B units. Stupid S unit, however, ate up 15 C units to go from +3 to MAX.

The crazy thing is that I usually get these red armor equipment when I'm trying to farm for yellows to upgrade the one or two red equipment that I was trying to upgrade. And because each piece has attributes that work for my various characters, this turns into a grind real fast because now I'm getting nothing but blues and purples when I really need throwaway yellows.

Also, I just max enhanced my SS Archer Disty+2 in 7 B units. Stupid S unit, however, ate up 15 C units to go from +3 to MAX.

The other day i used 12 C units on an S to get a single skillup :-/

The other day i used 12 C units on an S to get a single skillup :-/

Yeah, that happened to me 2-3 days ago as well. I think I spent 15 C units to get one fucking S unit to get its +1.

Oh man, I'm doing labyrinth run with the following on my Mag Priest:
-Gram
-Black Dino Tyran
-Abyss King
-Roq

This is absolutely hilarious now.

Chaos17

Some clarification about the 27 guarantee pull

no... its not guaranteed SSS summon on 27 pulls

its more like reward gift

3x A pull, you get 1 S gift, then the reward changed

pull 3 S unit, you got 1 SS

then lastly, pull 3 SS to get SSS.

here's the bad news, the reward doesnt counted toward to your total pull. i wasted about 1500 ruby to get 1 SSS from 3x SS pull

altho getting SS reward quite easy tho
Source : https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonblaze/comments/3dpsda/guaranteed_sss_after_27_premium_summons_s2/

Chaos17

Well, we've no annoucement about it, so we don't know when it will be availbale for global servers.
So it's a gamble/bet, will Gamevil change GM events for season 2 or not ? We will only know that next week :\

Well, we've no annoucement about it, so we don't know when it will be availbale for global servers.
So it's a gamble/bet, will Gamevil change GM events for season 2 or not ? We will only know that next week :\

Hmm, so conflicted. I'm sitting on 750 rubies at the moment. Spent some rubies unlocking 5th character and unlocking 2 ring slots on my Rogue. Once I get the Rogue leveled up, running him through the various raid bosses will pay off my investment.

Yaari

There was a stream of summon tickets being used last night. Many of the people were whining about not getting one, lol.

Personally don't care too much. It will come around eventually.

Not sure what to run now that my mage is 55. Whats the best use of shoes.

There was a stream of summon tickets being used last night. Many of the people were whining about not getting one, lol.

Personally don't care too much. It will come around eventually.

Not sure what to run now that my mage is 55. Whats the best use of shoes.

Daily dungeon for SSS cards

Chaos17

I should've kept my tickets for the week-end because the 100% drop bonus raid is making me more lucky with good loots than with the 50%

Yaari

I get so e. Not as much as fog region. Ive never gotten an SSS skill card (300+ shoes on myth)

My bad, I ment to say, regular ones take up my inventory. Haha.

As for someone askng about what to do with their gold, I had no idea that it cost 700k to go from MAX+3 to MAX+4 on a SSS. Wow. I have to get a ton of gold now.

Just beat Myth Gram on my Sheep Mage. Used a friend ally and SS Viri, SS Porin, SS Healer Konfi in my team. And a friend Priest. Was pretty easy.
Love using multiple healers.

I'm on 9k now in Arena. I hope that is a lock for #50 so I can get some guild battles in too.

Ventara

aHTNouW.png

This is HUGE! Megaton. Would pretty much remove the huge grind for equipment from this game.

:O

Soooo.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonblaz...nteed_sss_after_27_premium_summons_s2/ct7j3au

It's not guaranteed SSS after 27 pulls. It does sound like a good way to get SS though.

This can't be right, can it? What's the guy's source? Does he play the Korean version?

But if true, fuuuuuuck. This isn't anywhere near as good as the guaranteed pulls. I mean, it's better than nothing, but still. :(

My bad, I ment to say, regular ones take up my inventory. Haha.

As for someone askng about what to do with their gold, I had no idea that it cost 700k to go from MAX+3 to MAX+4 on a SSS. Wow. I have to get a ton of gold now.

Just beat Myth Gram on my Sheep Mage. Used a friend ally and SS Viri, SS Porin, SS Healer Konfi in my team. And a friend Priest. Was pretty easy.
Love using multiple healers.

I'm on 9k now in Arena. I hope that is a lock for #50 so I can get some guild battles in too.

I just trash the regular ones honestly. Most of the skill cards aren't even that good, and I still can't figure out which ones should go to which allies. So once I find one I'm happy with, I just trash the rest of them unless it's a very obvious upgrade.

Ventara

Man, I've been stuck on Shabelle in fortress for a while. Just can't seem to beat her. If I recall, the next 2 are Turq and Fulson, who I don't remember being too hard, but Pata and Gram are gonna be near impossible, lol. I'm thinking of maxing Percy and adding him to my team, and then ascending him to Greysoul when the time comes. But I'm gonna wait until my 4th SSS, as I should me making it later tonight or tomorrow.

KimChi

Soooo.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonblaz...nteed_sss_after_27_premium_summons_s2/ct7j3au

It's not guaranteed SSS after 27 pulls. It does sound like a good way to get SS though.

I was actually going to chime in about this as well, was just too sleepy from the last post I made.
The 27 pulls is not guaranteed, I managed to get 710 rubies and spent it all on premium summons in the korean version.
The reward for pulling certain cards increases from the one you are at but if you pull anything lower it doesn't care about it.
So if your at the 3 SS to get the SSS, and you pull S and A ally it doesn't care, it only focuses on the current reward counter.

I was actually going to chime in about this as well, was just too sleepy from the last post I made.
The 27 pulls is not guaranteed, I managed to get 710 rubies and spent it all on premium summons in the korean version.
The reward for pulling certain cards increases from the one you are at but if you pull anything lower it doesn't care about it.
So if your at the 3 SS to get the SSS, and you pull S and A ally it doesn't care, it only focuses on the current reward counter.

So... is this better or shittier than what we currently have? Because we still have that "buy 10 premium summons, get 2 premium summons free" thing going on.

KimChi

So... is this better or shittier than what we currently have? Because we still have that "buy 10 premium summons, get 2 premium summons free" thing going on.

Eh depends if you think its worth pulling now or later when the reward thing is implemented.
I think the 2 free premium summons is better since it just means more units overall, the reward system is nice but when your at the 3 SS to get the SSS it could take soo many gems until you can finally get the free SSS.

Definitely better, even ignoring SSS, because it's much easier to get SS using this new system. Those 2 premium summons are almost never going to be higher than S, so you'll still be combining for almost all your SS. With this system, a decent amount of your SS will start coming from rewards

garath

Finally! Beat myth gram. Ugh. That was so annoying but I could see I was going to do it today. I got to gram without a helper almost every try. It was just a matter of getting a good group with gram. This time it was 3 warriors and mage. Focus the mage then im ok.

Two keys:
- gearing up my allies. All of them had 20k or more hp except my second healer (single target Muir)
- taking it off auto. Holding onto my dance of death if its not needed, hidden blade the primary targets on a new wave, etc. Prioritized archers then mages then healers then warriors. Worked real well.

Deathcrown and deus deathcrown are easy compared to the other raids. Probably ly largely because of the quality of player that has unlocked them lol.

So which ones should I be farming for more set gear? Deus deathcrown for the weapons right?

KimChi

Finally! Beat myth gram. Ugh. That was so annoying but I could see I was going to do it today. I got to gram without a helper almost every try. It was just a matter of getting a good group with gram. This time it was 3 warriors and mage. Focus the mage then im ok.

Two keys:
- gearing up my allies. All of them had 20k or more hp except my second healer (single target Muir)
- taking it off auto. Holding onto my dance of death if its not needed, hidden blade the primary targets on a new wave, etc. Prioritized archers then mages then healers then warriors. Worked real well.

Deathcrown and deus deathcrown are easy compared to the other raids. Probably ly largely because of the quality of player that has unlocked them lol.

So which ones should I be farming for more set gear? Deus deathcrown for the weapons right?
Grats on beating Myth!
Deus for weapons+off hand
Deathcrown for the mythic chest piece

Eh depends if you think its worth pulling now or later when the reward thing is implemented.
I think the 2 free premium summons is better since it just means more units overall, the reward system is nice but when your at the 3 SS to get the SSS it could take soo many gems until you can finally get the free SSS.

VS

Definitely better, even ignoring SSS, because it's much easier to get SS using this new system. Those 2 premium summons are almost never going to be higher than S, so you'll still be combining for almost all your SS. With this system, a decent amount of your SS will start coming from rewards

FIGHT!

:p

Two keys:

Congrats on clearing Myth! I cleared Myth on my Mag Priest so it was all auto all the way. Having an ally that can clear out those waves really quickly is extremely important. I've purged my list of shit rogues that don't crit or have roughly 2K ATK. For Myth levels and raids, I've found rogues that have at least 3K ATK to be efficient killing machines with the ones that have 4K ATK and up being godly at clearing the field.

As for raids, I recommend Deathcrown first for the red chest armor piece because Deus is kind of a shit-hole when you have 1 or 2 shitty DPS players because then Deus will fly off and give you the fuck you while he has his beefed up minions rush you. Deus being such a pain in the ass is pretty much why I keep arrow shower at lvl 5 on my Archer.

Yaari

Ragnatomo told me that you can buy the Ascended items for 10 Rubies each. What do you guys plan on doing. Hunt them down in the Daily dungeon (Apparently they are SSS rarity?) or buy them?

I think I'll try getting some first, but it does sound like its going to take awfully long.

Ventara

Man, what am I doing wrong? Why can't I beat Myth? Argh! And do those accessories that people farm drop in Legend? I've been farming boss stages in Foggy Rampart/Fortress for ages with no luck. Also, do you guys recommend I use all my roses on accessories?

Miragith

Ragnatomo told me that you can buy the Ascended items for 10 Rubies each. What do you guys plan on doing. Hunt them down in the Daily dungeon (Apparently they are SSS rarity?) or buy them?

I think I'll try getting some first, but it does sound like its going to take awfully long.

They're 30 rubies each so 300 for 10 to ascend. I don't know if I'm going to have the patience to farm them... >.>

Not saying the reward system is bad but I think the 2 free premium summons going on right now is just better if you need fodder :p
If not then just hold on till it gets implemented.

I do need fodder for my Gram+5, Tyran+2, and Mer. But I also need more SS units to merge into SSS units though.

Man, what am I doing wrong? Why can't I beat Myth? Argh! And do those accessories that people farm drop in Legend? I've been farming boss stages in Foggy Rampart/Fortress for ages with no luck. Also, do you guys recommend I use all my roses on accessories?

Those accessories drop from the deep red "NOT FINAL BOSSES" of their respective stages.

Garden drops from Landing Garden 6, IIRC.

Fortress drops from Fortress 4.

Ventara

Those accessories drop from the deep red "NOT FINAL BOSSES" of their respective stages.

Garden drops from Landing Garden 6, IIRC.

Fortress drops from Fortress 4.

Red stages = boss stages, no? But I didn't know they did not drop from the red 9th stage. Anyways, that's what I meant. I've just been blowing my shoes on those stages and my tickets on Labyrinth. I'm just having a hard time figuring how to improve my team. It feels like progress has come to a standstill.

Yaari

They're 30 rubies each so 300 for 10 to ascend. I don't know if I'm going to have the patience to farm them... >.>

Oops, yeah he did tell me they were 30, that was a typo on my part.

I agree, going to take a damn long time to farm them. But 300 Rubies adds up.

Going to have to get some Guild runs in tonight. I think 10k in Arena should be a lock for top 50. Hope to find a Rogue for it.

Red stages = boss stages, no? But I didn't know they did not drop from the red 9th stage. Anyways, that's what I meant. I've just been blowing my shoes on those stages and my tickets on Labyrinth. I'm just having a hard time figuring how to improve my team. It feels like progress has come to a standstill.

Some drop from the red 9th stage, but I've had it easier by forcing them to drop outside of the 9th stage.

If anything, do daily dungeon runs and see if you can get the special set from the daily dungeons for your allies. Different days have different drops though:
https://gamelytic.com/dragon-blaze-daily-dungeon-guide/

Alternatively, gear your team with Shadowcrag (Cragstone, lvl 54) set for the defense boost. I've found those to be very helpful in mitigating the damage from the Fortress stages.

They really need to have red equipment drop outside of the fucker known as Mythic Gram because he really is a roadblock to a lot of things.

Yaari

I had been running the second last stage in Landing Garden. Found 3 Fortress Amulet so far today. Not good stats but still nice.

Ventara

What would you say is the best way to improve this team?

I know my HP is low, and I've been grinding for STA gear, but would it be better to have EVA on Belle and Aura? I currently have them both stacked with as much EVA as I can.

garath

Woot. Got a mythic chest first try. Now grinding deus :(

They need a confirmation on that purchase additional loot for 10 rubies thing. I accidentally hit it. Rip 10 rubies. Only an SS chest too :/

What would you say is the best way to improve this team?

I know my HP is low, and I've been grinding for STA gear, but would it be better to have EVA on Belle and Aura? I currently have them both stacked with as much EVA as I can.

Um, you can start by equipping them with gear from Myth-level raids. Seriously, the extra damage and defense is worth it.

Top Bottom