• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 9 |OT| Last chance* to shine

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Aeana said:
The puff-puff was cut from the English version of DQ4 DS due to their desired ESRB rating. DQ9 is rated the same as DQ4, so infer from that. I don't actually know if there are any instances of puff-puff in the Japanese game (didn't notice any when I played, but they could still have been there), so I can't say for sure either way.
Interesting, considering puff-puff was in DW4 NES (spelled puf puf).

Aeana

kiryogi said:
Man how you folks breaking street date so easily D: I want my copy.
Lots of stores are breaking the street date, it seems. A local Target store was selling the game earlier today, in addition to another small game shop nearby. I heard from someone else that they were able to buy it at Walmart.

Aeana

Princess Skittles said:
Interesting, considering puff-puff was in DW4 NES (spelled puf puf).
Well, that predates the ESRB by a considerable amount of time! DQ4 DS could have kept it, too, if it was rated T instead of E10+.

kiryogi

Banned
Aeana said:
Lots of stores are breaking the street date, it seems. A local Target store was selling the game earlier today, in addition to another small game shop nearby. I heard from someone else that they were able to buy it at Walmart.
Damn do I go hunting... ? D:

TEJ

Has anything been cut from the Japanese release? It's probably too early to ask, but somebody might know.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Aeana said:
Well, that predates the ESRB by a considerable amount of time! DQ4 DS could have kept it, too, if it was rated T instead of E10+.
True, but I suppose I (rhetorically) meant it was interesting considering Nintendo's stance, pre-rating systems.

Aeana said:

Damn gamestop and their foul ways...........

Aeana said:

Hmmm. Wonder if I should even bother hunting. It seems every time certain stores/chains break the street date, it's never around here.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
My roommate somehow got this early. Been playing it for a bit, so good :D

Wish random battles were still there though

Teknoman

IGN called the music adequate...that alone makes the review invalid.

Anyway, can you create your other party members from scratch as well (face, skin tone, hair, etc.)?

Aeana, noticed you're using Fans. Trying to plan out a Magic Knight and/or Paladin and wondering if Fans are worth the trouble for Hustle Dance? I'm presuming there's no Sage's Stone to abuse? :(

kiryogi

Banned
Confusatron said:
Anyone having any luck tracking this down early in the Seattle area? I've been trying Targets and Fred Meyers, but no luck.
Yeah I'm debating it. It's only 2 more days...

RoboManus

Neo Member
Well, I had no luck finding an early copy :(

but I did see multiple new copies of DQV at my local walmart, that's a first for me.

Bloodworth said:
No, it's
My bad.
cosmicblizzard said:
How many spoilers?
None really, unless you really don't want to know what happens in the first 20 min.
(it briefly shows the first non-intro cutscene)

Mostly all battles and some running around with cool armor.

Dineren

Banned
Easystride said:
These reviews are getting me excited for the game, not that I needed anything to add to the excitement! The negative on G4, "Random Wireless Hookups Unlikely," makes me wonder how much success I could have with tag mode at the Mall of America. I hope to get a few tags eventually.

You'll no doubt have more luck there than I'll have at the mall of Topeka, KS :D

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Not very far, but I'm happy to report that I haven't been stymied by any flash cart breaking shenanigans yet. Fairly rare for a new Nintendo OR SE release.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Apart from the languages is there a difference between the EU and US version? Thinking of importing this, I really need an RPG fix

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
OMG. When played from my CycloDS, the game saves so quickly, that only a third of the classic adventure log jingle plays. :(

Boney

Banned
Mejilan said:
OMG. When played from my CycloDS, the game saves so quickly, that only a third of the classic adventure log jingle plays. :(
Is that good or bad? I mean, less saving time is ok, but jingles are awesome.

kai3345

Banned
with the tag mode, do the two people have to be next to each other for a long period of time?

I'm going on a road trip on thrusday and I was thinking that this would be a great way to rack up treasure maps and stuff, just leave it in tag mode while its my turn to drive, and then have a bunch of maps waiting for me when im not driving.

Hex

Banned
kai3345 said:
with the tag mode, do the two people have to be next to each other for a long period of time?

I'm going on a road trip on thrusday and I was thinking that this would be a great way to rack up treasure maps and stuff, just leave it in tag mode while its my turn to drive, and then have a bunch of maps waiting for me when im not driving.

Haven't seen a good answer on this yet, anyone have any experience?

survivor

Banned
I just realized this game is coming this Sunday. I will see if I will have enough time to convince my friend to get the game too. I also had time to look at the Seth Green commercial, it was awesome.

Top Bottom