• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 9 |OT| Last chance* to shine

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
And a new Celestrian Guardian is born.
Behold... Firinel in all her level 1 noobie angel glory.
And sideways.

That's a naughty twinkle in her eyes...

639d48a0.jpg

I like to give female MCs a starring role when the game allows it.

SalsaShark said:
QQ: Can i play this game`s main story mode with a friend from beginning to end ?
Almost, you just have to get through the first couple plot points to access Questers Rest and access to the MP portal.

Effect

No luck at GameStop. Though reminded why I don't like going there. Guy told me it wouldn't be out to Tuesday. Didn't have the desire at the time to correct him. He seemed nice enough but most likely misinformed. That and I was tried after work and it was hot out. So I drove to Best Buy and put in my pre-order there. Good thing is that where the Dragon Quest IX pre-order cards were located there were only a few left and it looked like a lot had already been taken so that's a plus.

kai3345

Banned
I called my local mom and pop store and asked if they were breaking street date and the dude like blew up at me!:lol

Me- "Are you guys breaking street date for Dragon Quest 9?"

Him- "NO! WE DON'T FUCKING BREAK STREET DATE FOR ANY GAME! GOD!"

*slams phone*

BooJoh

Out of curiosity, I've heard references to the Loto Trilogy and Zenithia Trilogy, does DQIX tie in with any other games in the series?

Teknoman

kai3345 said:
I called my local mom and pop store and asked if they were breaking street date and the dude like blew up at me!:lol

*slams phone*

Guess they've already had calls.

Yottamole

Banned
Effect said:
So I drove to Best Buy and put in my pre-order there. Good thing is that where the Dragon Quest IX pre-order cards where there were only a few left and it looked like there were a lot already gone so that's a plush.
My Best Buy doesn't even let me pre-order, so I'll have to go up there on Sunday to see if I can snatch a copy. I really want that slime baseball cap!

Rpgmonkey

BooJoh said:
Out of curiosity, I've heard references to the Loto Trilogy and Zenithia Trilogy, does DQIX tie in with any other games in the series?

As far as I can tell, VII, VIII, and IX are all independent stories/worlds with no direct relation to each other.

kai3345 said:

*slams phone*

"Hi, are you willing to break the law for me so I can get my DQ fix?" :lol

As Man God said, just ask if they have any.

Aeana

DQ10 was announced for Wii a year and a half ago, so it's not really news. I guess it's good to hear that it's still for Wii, or something.

demonkaze

I still can't believe this is finally out on Sunday, have no idea what to play now. 1/4 of the way through a Female MC playthrough of P3P and really getting into it again but i've been hyped for this game since forever, gah!

I suppose choices are good, right?

bluemax

Banned
So with the gloves providing one of 2 different stats, and the boots as well, are there any recommendations on which type to give to which classes? What exactly does deftness do in this game?

Aeana

bluemax said:
So with the gloves providing one of 2 different stats, and the boots as well, are there any recommendations on which type to give to which classes? What exactly does deftness do in this game?
Deftness is dexterity, and affects critical hit chance, pre-emptive strikes, escape chance, and steal chance.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Aeana said:
There's no reason to think that will happen. The 3DS has a userbase of zero. Dragon Quest games go to systems with the largest userbases.

There's always XI. Or an enhanced port of X a year or two after the Wii version.

Oxx

At least I can use the next two weeks until it comes out in Europe to try and think of a decent name for my character.

I always seem to freeze whenever I'm confronted with a name-entry screen.

Aeana

I had a hard time coming up with party member names, but fortunately I do at least have names I use for male and female heroes in all RPGs, so I never have to worry about that.

jaxword

It may be my resolution, but it almost looks like Stella's Ganguro appearance was made slightly lighter in the US version. The Japanese screenshots I saw made her look a lot darker than the US version. Anyone else confirm or deny that?

Celine

Aeana said:
DQ10 was announced for Wii a year and a half ago, so it's not really news. I guess it's good to hear that it's still for Wii, or something.
I still remember when some gaffer in MC thread suggested that DQ IX could have been moved to PSP cause we didn't hear anything about it in a long time :lol

JKTrix

Anyone happen to know who 'yumart63' is on twitter? I said I was going to the NY event and he replied 'enjoy' to me, so I thought it might be a SQEX employee. My internet detective abilities are currently crippled since I just have my blackberry

Celine said:
I still remember when some gaffer in MC thread suggested that DQ IX could have been moved to PSP cause we didn't hear anything about it in a long time :lol
Aww yeah, that was good ol' Mithos Yggdrasil. :p

Bah... I wish Gamestops would open early tomorrow or have a midnight release for this. I can't wait to get my copy and I already have plans to be at a buddies house tomorrow morning at 10:00 AM for the World Cup & BBQing

Aeana

For those asking about puff-puff in DQ9, I don't know about any actual scenes in the game involving it, but a boss used the ability against me twice. ...And she managed to charm me and another girl in my party.

Hex

Banned
Aeana said:
For those asking about puff-puff in DQ9, I don't know about any actual scenes in the game involving it, but a boss used the ability against me twice. ...And she managed to charm me and another girl in my party.
:lol

kai3345

Banned
Reluctant-Hero said:
Bah... I wish Gamestops would open early tomorrow or have a midnight release for this. I can't wait to get my copy and I already have plans to be at a buddies house tomorrow morning at 10:00 AM for the World Cup & BBQing
Just be like "Ive got some shit to take care of at noon, but it shouldn't take long at all"

Top Bottom