• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 9 |OT| Last chance* to shine

botticus

Jeels said:
Golin Harris sent me the trivia contest copy this morning! =)
!

Games-1.jpg

Thanks Nintendo!

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Buy it from Target or Walmart at 8am, get money back from GameStop next visit.
Brilliant! I should have thought of this! Yeah, Gamestop reserve is all paid off in trade-in credit. But I'll just cancel and save it for Reach.

James Griggs

Neo Member
Hmm, I just finished DQ5 a month ago. Picross 3D is almost done, I think I may need to buy this. I actually completely forgot that this game was even coming out.

JKTrix

Met 3 guys in Kinokuniya who stopped by Nintendo, said 'the 30 people were lined up before the store opened at 9.' I got to NY at 10. Bummer

JKTrix said:
Met 3 guys in Kinokuniya who stopped by Nintendo, said 'the 30 people were lined up before the store opened at 9.' I got to NY at 10. Bummer
stay for the slime ice cream, early copy of the game, and tags :D

JKTrix

vagabondarts said:
stay for the slime ice cream, early copy of the game, and tags :D

For sure! Didn't come here from Bermuda for nuthin. Walked past Horii on the way to the back of the line...

JKTrix said:
For sure! Didn't come here from Bermuda for nuthin. Walked past Horii on the way to the back of the line...
Sweet! Those of us still far away would love to hear about whats goin on up there :D keep us posted :) oh yeah, HAVE FUN

I really hope mine gets it out at midnight, but they rarely let me down. Yes, I just said that Wal-Mart rarely lets me down. But by god when it comes to midnight releases they are on the ball.

brandonh83 said:
according to Wal-Mart's website, the game won't be sold in Wal-Mart stores, online only :lol

It's said that for tons of games that have come out. I don't know if it still is but it said the same for alan wake and they definitely had it and have it still in stores. They're site isn't so great about that.

Aeana

brandonh83 said:
according to Wal-Mart's website, the game won't be sold in Wal-Mart stores, online only :lol
That's weird, since I saw the game in the display case at Walmart yesterday. Someone asked if they could buy it, but the system denied the sale, presumably because it was too early.

JKTrix

It'smuch easier for me to tweet stuff, including pictures. @JKTrix if you like, feel free to share what I put there on here. Starts in 20!

Edit: yeah, I'n too far away from the truck right now but I will be getting some of that. Gotta be 200+ people in this line

faridmon

Damn you DSlite for breaking in a timing like this. I wish I had the money to buy a DS. I would have been all over this game.

JKTrix said:
It'smuch easier for me to tweet stuff, including pictures. @JKTrix if you like, feel free to share what I put there on here. Starts in 20!

Edit: yeah, I'n too far away from the truck right now but I will be getting some of that. Gotta be 200+ people in this line

wow, thats pretty crazy lol

lol that ice cream truck is freaking awesome! Timely too, isn't there a heat wave going on out there?

JKTrix said:

sweet, I'll follow your twitter

Aeana

Something I didn't notice when I played the Japanese version is that characters seem to get experience even if they're dead for what they contributed to the battle. My priest died 5 turns into this boss fight, but still got about 35-40% the experience the rest of the party got. Very cool.

Aeana said:
Something I didn't notice when I played the Japanese version is that characters seem to get experience even if they're dead for what they contributed to the battle. My priest died 5 turns into this boss fight, but still got about 35-40% the experience the rest of the party got. Very cool.

Neat. I always hated having to restart boss battles early on without Zing. Too much experience loss.

Something you may have missed, but there's a Fan in the first dungeon so you may have just been economical :lol
Freyjadour said:
Aeana, noticed you're using Fans. Trying to plan out a Magic Knight and/or Paladin and wondering if Fans are worth the trouble for Hustle Dance? I'm presuming there's no Sage's Stone to abuse? :(

Bought the guide yesterday, it's pretty big (450 pages?). Covers a lot more than the VIII guide did, whole pages for boss fights. Also, full drawn pictures of all the weapons, armor, accessories, and enemies so you can see what a set is going to look like (sort of) before you try it on. I'm pleased with it.

Fewr

Aeana said:
5MrKe.jpg

First metal slime kill of the game, yayy.
Same:
330s2ev.jpg

Btw, where do I change job? I keep reading it's at an Alltrades Abbey, but I don't know if I've missed it or if I haven't reached that part yet. I'm at
quarantomb

Synless

Your spoiler tag didn't work :lol

N/m you fixed it.

Also, where are the first metal slimes at so I can level myself beyond what's necessary?

Fewr

Synless said:
Your spoiler tag didn't work :lol

N/m you fixed it.

Also, where are the first metal slimes at so I can level myself beyond what's necessary?
I found my first at the spoilered bit.

Fewr said:
Btw, where do I change job? I keep reading it's at an Alltrades Abbey, but I don't know if I've missed it or if I haven't reached that part yet. I'm at
quarantomb
Not that far. You can't miss it since it's part of the story.

Big One

Banned
I've been playing the game lately, also. Is there a mission guide? I've been missing quite a bunch and some I'm not sure where to go to fulfill.

vagabondarts said:
You got a lot of ground to cover if you want to be done by tomorrow ;D

I'm just playing to pass the time. I know I won't play it anymore until after I'm finished with DQIX but the idea of having this one to go back to after it is nice.

Tiktaalik

Aeana said:

omg yes.

That is a massive improvement.

Aeana

Freyjadour said:
Neat. I always hated having to restart boss battles early on without Zing. Too much experience loss.

Something you may have missed, but there's a Fan in the first dungeon so you may have just been economical :lol

Bought the guide yesterday, it's pretty big (450 pages?). Covers a lot more than the VIII guide did, whole pages for boss fights. Also, full drawn pictures of all the weapons, armor, accessories, and enemies so you can see what a set is going to look like (sort of) before you try it on. I'm pleased with it.
Yeah, I'm using fans for hustle dance. Want very much. I don't know if the game has sage's stones, though.

Also... wow at the guide. I might have to pick it up in that case. I figured it was dinky like 8's.

Top Bottom