• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

Ryuukan

jelly on the floor

o66eoCN.jpg

It was a quick skim on the way home and there really wasn't much background or landscape artwork beside like 4 pages:(

A lot of character and monster design if that's what your into though.

Yeah its a bit embarrassing, lots of pics of absurdly proportioned women, and just 4 pages to the environment art. Is there a lot of monster reuse from prior games? I feel like i have seen them before in a prior game, though its been a long time since I played the PS2 and wii games.

Its a shame, its a large art book with plenty of pages for a freebie so it feels weird to complain about it.

Jinroh

Is the artbook good? And is it possible to buy it online? I imported the US version but it didn't come with the artbook sadly.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Just checked Amazon and AWW YISS! It's in my city and went out for delivery this morning! It'll be here this afternoon for the daily mail drop. My hype level is through the roof! First run through with the Amazon. I'mma name her Hancock!

#TeamVita
#TeamAmazon
#TeamHometown

LET'S GO!

xZ07yc5.jpg

antitrop

I have to go to work today, I'm wondering if I should even bother trying to find a physical Vita copy at retail after I get off (GameStop, Best Buy?) or just come straight home afterwards and download it from PSN.

Caerith

I got my "Your order has shipped" notice from Amazon. I figured I'd check the tracking, since, you know, tracking.

Code:
Date	        Time	        Event Details
August 6, 2013	06:23:00 AM	Out for delivery
August 6, 2013	05:49:00 AM	Package arrived at a carrier facility
August 6, 2013	04:32:00 AM	Package received by carrier
August 6, 2013	06:03:18 AM	Package has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff.

edukate

I don't know what to name my elf:(

Any suggestions?

play jazz- be creative... you can always change it in the tavern as well.

btw, evade skill is your friend with elf class- i'd highly recommend elf users upgrade the shit outta' it as it can be used in air to rain down arrow destruction.

Andrew.

Banned
I have to go to work today, I'm wondering if I should even bother trying to find a physical Vita copy at retail after I get off (GameStop, Best Buy?) or just come straight home afterwards and download it from PSN.

Between both of those stores I doubt you'll have trouble finding a copy and if one is available at GS just have them hold it for you.

Mupod

Woo, got mine. Future Shop version did indeed come with the artbook.

Nice that it has a data install option, too many PS3 games treat me like an idiot and sneak in the install during super-long load screens which is annoying as hell. I'd rather just get it all done at once.

Jinjo

Just ordered this (import) and Tales of Xillia. They both should be in tomorrow (which is early for Xillia). Those two games will make for some quality gaming the come few weeks.

pwack

Download "straight after work?" You either work very late or have a lot more faith in Grace Chen than I do.

antitrop

Between both of those stores I doubt you'll have trouble finding a copy and if one is available at GS just have them hold it for you.
Okay... but... have you seen what a Vita retail section looks like, recently?

You would understand my trepidation.

Andrew.

Banned
I dunno, whatever, it's right across the street from where I work. I haven't been in a Best Buy in a long time, it might be nice to look around. Probably not.

Every time I walk into a BB, I always end up walking out with more than I intended on buying.

antitrop

Every time I walk into a BB, I always end up walking out with more than I intended on buying.
Whenever I go in I always get depressed because it's a ghost town and I'm pretty much the only person in there.

When I went in there last month to pick up The Last of Us I couldn't keep the employees off of me, they were so bored. There was like maybe 10 shoppers in the entire (huge) store, and about as many employees on the sales floor.

We'll see how it is today.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
So jealous :(
I hope tomorrow will be the day.

Just checked Amazon and AWW YISS! It's in my city and went out for delivery this morning! It'll be here this afternoon for the daily mail drop. My hype level is through the roof! First run through with the Amazon. I'mma name her Hancock!

#TeamVita
#TeamAmazon
#TeamHometown

LET'S GO!

xZ07yc5.jpg

I don't like that image! XD
My beloved amazon hasn't such huge legs!

Xander51

Whenever I go in I always get depressed because it's a ghost town and I'm pretty much the only person in there.

When I went in there last month to pick up The Last of Us I couldn't keep the employees off of me, they were so bored. There was like maybe 10 people in the entire (huge) store.

We'll see how it is today.

That sounds like my Best Buy. Trying to avoid going there and wanting to snag the digital download....we'll see how long my patience with the update time holds out!

Jarsonot

Decided to go into this whole hog. Got $90 on my account now, gonna double dip. Couch co-op and portable goodness will be glorious...

When playing online does it still keep everyone onscreen or can you be off the other players screen?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I've been reading mixed reports on how to access on-line co-op. Do you have to beat the game once, get to a certain level, or get to a certain point in the game?

Paches

I've been reading mixed reports on how to access on-line co-op. Do you have to beat the game once, get to a certain level, or get to a certain point in the game?

Right in the OP....

Dragon's Crown can be played solo, local co-op, online co-op, and local + online co-op with up to 4 players.

However, online co-op is only available after progressing to a certain point in the story-- once you have cleared each stage's "A" path (you will be around level 17), you can go online. This same restriction is in place for local ("ad hoc") co-op with the Vita. There is no restriction for local co-op with the PS3.

Well what do we have here...

LzoMUzB.jpg

Book is bigger than I expected, it's the exact size of a TPB comic book. I think Amazon's shrink wrap process caused some minor damage to the spine though, ah well

Andrew.

Banned
HOLY SHIT IT HAS A NICE COLOR MANUAL

*goes to bathroom to take nice, long traditional new game dump whilst reading manual*

DigitalOp

Banned
Gamestop still hasn't notified me that my preorder is ready. Don't really care...

After work I still gonna kick the door in and demand my shit.

chrono01

UPS says I wasn't home! I was home DAMMIT!!!
I hate that.

I've read that they sometimes pull up in-front of your house, stay there for a few minutes [so the GPS says that they were at your location], and then drive away. Honestly, given my past UPS experiences, it would surprise me if it were true. :/

I hope you get your copy soon!

It's here!

Finally!

The UPS delivery person didn't knock on the door, but I saw them drop it off...

iF0xcHmtSE2Vq.png

Anyway, I can't play it yet, because the PlayStation 3 is my older brother's, and he's not letting me use it right now, even though he's not doing a damn thing right now. Heh...

Top Bottom