• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

Can someone who owns the PS3 retail box tell me if it has an online pass or not?

No online pass bullshit, I just checked mine. Just the case, disc, and the nice color manual Andrew mentioned

edit: beaten like the inevitable rat infestation or whatever the first quest is for this game

So they left? That's strange, my UPS guys just leave my package on the porch if no one answers. Hell, I hear the doorbell and walk to the door right away and they're already back in the truck haha

That's what they always do for me...and what they did today, though they didn't knock or ring the doorbell this time.

Can someone who owns the PS3 retail box tell me if it has an online pass or not?

No online pass, like others already mentioned.

Anybody playing this with a stick? Or can you?

Both left and right analog sticks and the d-pad are all required to play, so it'd only be possible if the stick had a switch for them, but it'd be a pain to play.

chrono01

god damn it. I ordered 2 DC (vita and ps3) and no artbook. Contacted newegg and they said they never got the artbook bonus but yet atlus' website shows the bonus and list newegg.

How are you going to list newegg as a place to PO and mention a preorder bonus but not offer them the PO bonus?

http://www.atlus.com/dragonscrown/purchase.html
Between this and them cancelling people's pre-orders for the Collector's Edition of Tales of Xillia, I'd advise anyone to think twice before pre-ordering games from there.

Sorry to hear that you missed out on the artbook. Maybe try contacting Atlus with your receipt and seeing if there's anything they can do?

god damn it. I ordered 2 DC (vita and ps3) and no artbook. Contacted newegg and they said they never got the artbook bonus but yet atlus' website shows the bonus and list newegg.

How are you going to list newegg as a place to PO and mention a preorder bonus but not offer them the PO bonus?

http://www.atlus.com/dragonscrown/purchase.html

they should have clarified the page. it just list preorder sites. did the newegg game page mention artbook when you preordered?. Atlus should have mentioned not all sites will have the artbook?. anyone know if walmart has it?

What's this I hear about online being locked? How long will it be locked for? I want to grab the game right now, while I'm motivated to, but I only want to do online play.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Checked PSN on Vita before heading to work.

Goddamn...I know understand the frustration Sony fans have had over update schedules. Always loved downloading new releases on Xbox in the early AM to try out before heading out.

Any framerate impressions yet for Vita owners?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Between this and them cancelling people's pre-orders for the Collector's Edition of Tales of Xillia, I'd advise anyone to think twice before pre-ordering games from there.

Sorry to hear that you missed out on the artbook. Maybe try contacting Atlus with your receipt and seeing if there's anything they can do?

They were also the only retailer (as far as I know) that did not have the Limited Edition of Project X Zone on release.

Those were supposed to come with every launch copy.

What's this I hear about online being locked? How long will it be locked for? I want to grab the game right now, while I'm motivated to, but I only want to do online play.

from the OP
OP said:
However, online co-op is only available after progressing to a certain point in the story-- once you have cleared each stage's "A" path (you will be around level 17), you can go online. This same restriction is in place for local ("ad hoc") co-op with the Vita. There is no restriction for local co-op with the PS3.

Andrew.

Banned

You have to unlock it through single player story progression. It takes a bit, but you should use it as time to get acquainted with character controls and combat since shit gets nuts when you have multiple people playing and a bunch of enemies on screen.

edit: beaten!

The ONLY and I mean ONLY reason why I used newegg was the PO discount they gave out a year ago.

Since they don't do that anymore, I will not be ordering anything game related from newegg from now on. Their customer service is nice but its like mistake after mistake.

is the single player worth it? I might play with friends but I know for a fact i'll be playing alone most of the time

I'm playing it solo as are a couple other guys on here. It's doable

Got mine, it's more beautiful in person, those online vids don't do it enough justice. So I start as a wizard, expert player? Whatever... die at the 1st boss twice... Ok maybe I need to humble myself.... Tempted to call off work Today

from the OP

You have to unlock it through single player story progression. It takes a bit, but you should use it as time to get acquainted with character controls and combat since shit gets nuts when you have multiple people playing and a bunch of enemies on screen.

Thanks for the reply. Another thing I heard is that during coop, only one person progresses in the main story while the others only collect loot and xp. Is this true as well? Seems kind of an odd coop system to implement.

pariah164

Got it.

So, I did trade in a game for it. But it was Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion. Thought I sold it already. I got $10 for it, so that's fine with me

In summary, I got DC, the artbook, and a poster for reserving Pokemon Y... All for less than $40.

I made out pretty good today.

maomaoIYP

75 hours in, cleared Amazon, Sorceress, Elf and Dwarf. Dwarf is amazingly easy, requires absolutely no skill at all. Just use throw and power smash. Ridiculously effective, but not very fun.

Lombax

Banned
75 hours in, cleared Amazon, Sorceress, Elf and Dwarf. Dwarf is amazingly easy, requires absolutely no skill at all. Just use throw and power smash. Ridiculously effective, but not very fun.

Sounds about right. Many have said that the game seems like a grind until you get to the endgame.
It's like the reverse of Diablo III !

hmmm, I am planning on starting with Dwarf... did you up the difficulty each time?

Shakala

Got it.

So, I did trade in a game for it. But it was Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion. Thought I sold it already. I got $10 for it, so that's fine with me

In summary, I got DC, the artbook, and a poster for reserving Pokemon Y... All for less than $40.

I made out pretty good today.

Did you preorder or just walk in?

Spoilers

Anyone know how to open the treasure room in Rickey's Labriynth? The top door leads to a room full of skeletons and buttons on the floor.

Salaadin

Another thing I heard is that during coop, only one person progresses in the main story while the others only collect loot and xp. Is this true as well? Seems kind of an odd coop system to implement.

Im wondering this too.

Is story progression tied to player one during co-op or does everyone progress during multiplayer?

maomaoIYP

hmmm, I am planning on starting with Dwarf... did you up the difficulty each time?

No, it takes about 20 hours to clear normal with all the side quests done, I'm gonna do all the characters on normal before deciding which ones to move on. I've played a bit of Amazon on hard, and it's a WAY better than normal. The advanced enemy types come out, you get the labyrinth of chaos, (which is insanely fun and challenging) etc etc.

The thing about Dwarf's power smash (which makes you drop your weapon for about 20 seconds), is that it has a long start up, lightning elemental, hits an insane number of times, and you're completely invincible during the entire animation. And without your weapon on hand you still have your throw attacks etc. When the amazon loses her weapon she becomes kind of crap.

Item Box

Spin dashing on top of enemies as the dwarf is so fun
Spoilers

Anyone know how to open the treasure room in Rickey's Labriynth? The top door leads to a room full of skeletons and buttons on the floor.
Not 100% sure, but I have a feeling you'll need to revisit that area
once you obtain the ability to use runes.

I've played a bit of Amazon on hard, and it's a WAY better than normal. The advanced enemy types come out, you get the labyrinth of chaos, (which is insanely fun and challenging) etc etc.

You cannot imagine how happy this makes me :). Looking forward to having to retry stages 10s of times on Inferno (probably not going to happen, but eh). Dat arcade experience.

Really glad I went on a media blackout for this one.

I still feel bad about my careless spoiling of some bosses yesterday. :(

Bombless

Poor sabrecat, the things he has to go through :(

iFMvZGwaQFT0e.jpg

daveo42

Banned
Yay! Amazon is reshipping me a copy of the game that I should be getting tomorrow. I think I can wait an additional day before getting my hands on this game.

nikos

I've been anticipating this game for a long time, and now I'm suddenly not sure if I should pick it up yet. I planned on picking it up for the Vita, but I'm considering the PS3 version instead now.

I also just got back from vacation to an unopened God of War: Ascension and planned on picking up The Last of Us and Final Fantasy XIV when it releases. I also haven't come close to finishing Muramasa Rebirth.

Not sure if I should get this now or wait. I have a bad habit of buying too many games and not playing them.

I've been anticipating this game for a long time, and now I'm suddenly not sure if I should pick it up yet. I planned on picking it up for the Vita, but I'm considering the PS3 version instead now.

I also just got back from vacation to an unopened God of War: Ascension and planned on picking up The Last of Us and Final Fantasy XIV when it releases. Not sure if I should get this now or wait.

Wait please.

Want somebody to play it with when it comes out in Europe :p

Any word on whether you can progress the story through co-op when you're not the host?
Is there any substantial, non-cosmetic DLC?
Is the story worth paying attention to?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It always kinda amuses me when a big game like this comes out and all the people who aren't familiar with how PSN updates start showing up wondering why it's not up on the store yet. :lol

Both left and right analog sticks and the d-pad are all required to play, so it'd only be possible if the stick had a switch for them, but it'd be a pain to play.

God damn it! I have dreamed of playing this with my SFIV TE fightstick :(

EDIT:
Somehow Amazon ended up giving me two copies of Dragon's Crown + the Artbooks. Woah.

Top Bottom