• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

ToyBroker

Banned
Just got home with a copy, my chipotle, and a big ass can of Red Bull.

If ANYONE plans on buying this game in the store (i.e. a Gamestop equiv) and doesn't have a pre-order GO AS SOON AS YOU CAN.

My store (in a big town) only got ONE extra copy over the number of pre-orders. Thankfully I was there at 10AM to get it.

Just a headsup for you all.

Caerith

I hate that.

I've read that they sometimes pull up in-front of your house, stay there for a few minutes [so the GPS says that they were at your location], and then drive away. Honestly, given my past UPS experiences, it would surprise me if it were true. :/

I hope you get your copy soon!
That wouldn't surprise me.

Anyway:
delivery_notification.png

Kamina

Golden Boy
I hate that.

I've read that they sometimes pull up in-front of your house, stay there for a few minutes [so the GPS says that they were at your location], and then drive away. Honestly, given my past UPS experiences, it would surprise me if it were true. :/

I hope you get your copy soon!

I dont get the motivation behind this though. Someone hast to deliver it at some point, and as far as i know they dont have a quantity of delivered packages to fulfill.

When was yours posted? Mine was shipped last Tues/Weds

For the record, I'm in Spain and it hasn't arrived yet (will post when it does). I received the email confirmation last monday, so it's been 8 days.

Also, has anyone found confirmation about a demo going up simultaneously?

chrono01

I dont get the motivation behind this though. Someone hast to deliver it at some point, and as far as i know they dont have a quantity of delivered packages to fulfill.
I don't understand it either.

I've had the same experience where I was home the entire day and somehow "missed" the delivery. I know they didn't come since I was intentionally waiting for them, so either they did the park/drive away, or they didn't bother to even come close to my house. They easily delivered it the next day, though.

I tend to stay away from UPS as I've had bad experiences, especially with items shipped from the US to Canada [those brokerage charges...]. Unfortunately, Amazon uses them for their express shipping so, in the case of Dragon's Crown hopefully being delivered today, I don't have much choice in the matter. At least I don't need to sign for it so they should just be able to drop it off, knock/ring the doorbell, and drive away.

At least, that's the hope!

Picked up my copy for the Vita this morning. I'll probably go to a Starbucks and play for a bit on my lunch break.

Is there an update for this game I need to get first on Vita?

Nibiru

Banned

They are lazy and would rather just drop it off at the pick up center.

krpiper

Noooo, My local game store (in which I had some credit at) sold out of their copies already :( I guess I will buy a PSN card with it and hope Grace Chen plays nice

Mitch

Banned
Mine should come through UPS within the hour. Won't be home from work for another 6 hours, unfortunately. Can't wait.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Woo, picked my Vita copy up. Will check the book out later, got a quick glance at it while waiting for the employee to finish the transaction (I joked with him "oooh, so THAT'S why the internet wrote all those articles about the game!"), gonna play some of the game while I'm waiting for my little sis to have her doctor's appointment.

Craptastic photo alert, but it's here!

SSrxSx9.jpg

You start your journey by going to the store to pick up your reserved copy and artbook. Shortly you then head home to turn on your console and insert the cartridge. You then create a save file, and select your class, the Sorceress. You now face your first major obstacle on this journey: thinking of a name for her.

Welp. This might take a while.

deadeye

I got my copy for PS3 today, and been playing for about an hour just messing around with all the classes to see which one I prefer. Right now, I'm liking the Elf the best so far.

One thing I have to say about this game is that the narrator is annoying as hell. Story telling could have been much better. I'm about ready to just turn him off. Other than that, it's pretty cool so far.

Anyone one to play multiplayer then add me. PSN: optictruth

Andrew.

Banned
You start your journey by going to the store to pick up your reserved copy and artbook. Shortly you then head home to turn on your console and insert the cartridge. You then create a save file, and select your class, the Sorceress. You now face your first major obstacle on this journey: thinking of a name for her.

Nice. Blow in it first just to make sure it doesnt freeze up on you.

Andrew.

Banned
My Vita doesn't have a manual either he must be ref to the art book.

No Im referring to the PS3 version. The PS3 version has a nice, colorful instruction manual (for once).

The art book wont get cracked open until Im finished obviously, but it sure smells nice.

Craptastic photo alert, but it's here!

SSrxSx9.jpg

Welp. This might take a while.
Name her Bunny. There. Now you can start enjoying this game.

npa189

All the best buys in my area don't even have it, looks like I'll just have to get a psn card there as I have $30 in rewards there. It is a atlus game I guess, but strangely enough I found a copy of demons souls around launch at the same store.

antitrop

All the best buys in my area don't even have it, looks like I'll just have to get a psn card there as I have $30 in rewards there. It is a atlus game I guess, but strangely enough I found a copy of demons souls around launch at the same store.
I will go to Best Buy, and then GameStop, and if neither have it I am just returning home and downloading it from PSN.

I'm a couple hours in. Loving the action so much. About how far in until I can invite a friend to my game over PSN?

you need to clear the first part of the game, so I'd say like 6-7hours?(for me it was 8 but we were playing offline with 4 ppl so spending more time chatting and each and everybody needed to do is own ingame shopping one after the other in between each stages)

JohngPR

I have no idea what Im going to name my character. I dont even know who Im going to play ass.

Is there a lengthy tutorial or anything? Would it be easy/quick enough to pop in and out as different characters to get a feel for them?

Nice Freudian slip. haha

daveo42

Banned
Game was just delivered...to my old address. Not sure what I can do other than swing by my old place and hopefully pick it up. Kind of puts a kink in my plans for the evening though.

Btw, it seems like either I never changed or had my old address selected when I pre-ordered, so it's more an issue on my end and not with UPS. Still stucks though.

imBask

Banned
is the single player worth it? I might play with friends but I know for a fact i'll be playing alone most of the time

FaintDeftone

Picked my PS3 preorder up. GameStop fucked me out of my art book, told me that they never got them and basically told me "sorry about your luck" and sent me packin'. I really need to stop supporting this store...

Ellite25

UPS says I wasn't home! I was home DAMMIT!!!
So they left? That's strange, my UPS guys just leave my package on the porch if no one answers. Hell, I hear the doorbell and walk to the door right away and they're already back in the truck haha

satori

Ugh was hoping the store be updated before I head to work. One of the perks of downloading online should be having a game release at midnight. It make no sense that it isn't. It screams laziness unless there is some other reason I am not aware of as to why games are not available on the day it is release.

Sigh yeah I am crying over nothing but damn its a long day at work and I wouldn't mind some DC action. Tempted to buy the retail copy but this game seems perfect to be put on my memory card ><.

DAMN YOU long work day

Why exactly is there a gap of months between releases of a Japanese game in the USA, and in Europe (especially the UK)?

Same game, same language. The only difference is the Region number as far as I can tell

(I assume we'll be waiting a while, since there's no solid release date. Amazon are saying October 11th)

Also, is there cross-region online play?

Top Bottom